main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Face Inside -AU-Xani/Ani/Obi Updated 2/20/03 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Dec 30, 2002.

1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    CHAPTER FOUR

Anakin bit his lower lip nervously when he felt the cold golden eyes of his last competitor boring into him.It was a huge creature of an origin he had never seen,covered in thick red hair and large pointed ears.

They had been playing cards for well over two hours now and the young Jedi had allready taken a huge sum of money from the creature,inspiring it's anger and suspicion.

A large hairy hand slammed down a card and the cold gaze watched the boy in a challenging way.Drawing a deep breath,Anakin slowly layed down his hand.

Stunned silence permeated the air before the creature upended the table with an angry bellow.

"AGGH!Cheat!" He screamed in Basic.

Scrambling backwards to avoid being hit by flying debris from the table,Anakin clutched his money against his chest.

"I won fair and square!" He protested.

A massive hand made a swipe at him which he quickly ducked but the creature's fingers snagged his hat,pulling it from his head.His Padawan braid fell to his neck and the creature stared at it in fury.

"Jedi!Magic!Cheat!" He screamed.

Anakin was dismayed to see that the other three individuals he had beaten were slowly inching their way closer to him.Sinister looks on all their faces.

"I didn't cheat!I swear!" He pleaded with them.

The hulking hairy creature's lips pulled back in a snarl,revealing large sharp canine teeth.

"Crush baby Jedi!" He growled.

As the group advanced on him Anakin's hand reluctantly dropped toward his lightsabre.

"Gentlemen.I wouldn't advise harming the boy." A deep sardonic voice advised them.

Turning toward the entranceway,Anakin breathed a sigh of relief when he saw the fallen Jedi Xanatos staring at the group coldly.He held a lightsabre in his hand and twirled it in a deceptively casual manner.Straightening,he sauntered over to where Anakin stood and placed a hand on the boy's short spiked hair.

"Leave the boy be or else you'll have to deal with me."He stated quietly.

Unsettled by the menace that radiated from the man the creature dropped his gaze.

The group reluctantly pulled back allowing the former Jedi to guide the boy outside.As soon as the door shut behind them,Anakin slumped back against the wall and breathed shakily.

"Thanks!I thought I was a goner!"He gasped.

Reclipping his sabre,Xanatos eyed the boy curiously.

"Would you mind explaining to me what a Jedi Padawan is doing below level,alone at this hour?" He asked.

"Gambling."Anakin told him."I need money to buy my used droid parts."

A black eyebrow lifted at that.

"Does your keeper know about these late night activities of yours?" Xanatos wanted to know.

A wide grin split the boy's face.

"Obi-Wan knows." He assured the man who snorted in disbelief.

"No really he does!As long as I don't get into trouble and it doesn't affect my training he looks the other way."Anakin explained.

Xanatos could only stare at the boy in genuine shock when he realized he was telling the truth.

"That doesn't sound very Jedi like.What if you got hurt or worse?" He demanded.

Anakin rolled his eyes.

"He knows I can take care of myself!"He answered confidently.

Xanatos laughed dryly. "Just like you were back there?"

"I could have handled it!"Was the arrogant reply.

Shaking his head in wonder at the boy's conceit,Xanatos headed for a souped up speeder parked nearby.Anakin's eyes lit up when he spied it.

"Wow!Is that your's?"He exclaimed as he hurried over and ran his hands over it lovingly.

"Sure is.Want to drive it to the Temple?"Xanatos asked.

The boy's blue eyes opened wide and his mouth dropped open.

"Really?" He gasped.

Nodding,Xanatos climbed into the passenger seat.

"Come on!" He coaxed the boy.

Grinning in delight,Anakin scrambled over the side and quickly proceeded to throw the speder into drive.As it accelerated he laughed outloud.Smiling,Xanatos sat back and tried to appear unconcerned by the speeds the boy was going.

Halfway to the Temple,Anakin slowed down and threw his c

2. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    GACK!

I missed a post! but I think I'm the first to post a reply to this one, so that kind of makes up for it. Great work - and I love how you're making Xani complex again and leaving us so many questions to figure out - is Xan just a misunderstood guy? Is he cozying up to Anakin to get at Obi-Wan? Is he a Dark Sider? Ooh, the fun is just beginning!

Can't wait for the next!

Shaindl

3. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    And thicker - and thicker - and thicker. Perfect? - well, of course he is, but whoda thunk Xan would know it - or admit it?

Really, REALLY intriguing, OE. One suggestion: write faster!!!! :D

CYN

4. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Ok I see how it is...you forget to let me know you uploaded a new fic...

And OH WOW what a fic...

Glad I caught it before it was like a 100 pages long LOL..;)

Great story so far and I you know you must update soon...

What does Xani want with Ani and I know what ever it means it means LOTS of OBI Angst....WHOOO WHOO WHOO

**goes to sit and wait for next post**

PT

5. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Thats it Obi, great way to scare the kid into trusting you. Well Xan was right about one thing, Obi-wan is definitely human.

Like how you have Anakin gambling and going down below. It characterizes him nicelyand parallels the EU novels.

6. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Obi-Wan's struggling with his temper. Somehow, I think Anakin isn't going to obey Obi about staying away from Xanatos.

Wonderful post, oe! Post more when you can. :D

7. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl I like to keep you guys on your toes! :D I think it would be safe to say he is a Darksider! ;)

By the way, Garen soon I hope? [face_love]

Cyn How can Xan not know what we all do? :) Writing as fast as the ideas will let me. :D

PT Sorry I didn't let you know! :( Obi angst will assuredly abound here! :D

padawan3 Obi definitely needs to get a grip! [face_laugh] It's a big challenge for me to flesh out Anakin and make him interesting yet sympathetic! * wanders off cursing Cas again *

Cas :eek: I was just talking about you! ;) That temper is in full force next post also! Another Xan/Obi moment! :D

8. Robiwankenobi

Robiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    Naughty Xan! Using Anakin to get under Obi's skin, for shame.

That was a great post! Poor Obi. :(

9. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Oooooooooooooooooooooo, very interesting developments here, obi-ew!

:)

I daresay Xanatos may be trying to use Anakin to get to Obi-Wan... the phrase "false sense of security" springs to mind.....

And I, too, was surprised by Xanatos's description of Obi-Wan as "perfect"...

I mean, we all know he is ( [face_love]), but I wouldn't have thought Xanatos would....

Nice work, obi-ew!!

(Oh, and as for the support group, I would definitely have to be a member...

"Hi, my name is astroanna, and I'm a Linkin Park fanatic.."

"Hi, astroanna!!")

8-} :)

10. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    I was just talking about you!

Uh-huh . . . I see. [face_plain] :D [face_laugh]

11. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Robiwankenobi Naughty indeed! :D Me likey him this way! ;)

[face_laugh] Sorry but I just took a sec to actually read your signature ! [face_laugh]

astroanna Hi.My name is obi_ew and I'm a Linkin Park fanatic. [face_laugh]

Cas :eek: You weren't suppossed to read that! :D

* obi_ew tears around the house squealing in delight * Something one of you said just made a light bulb go off in my twisted little head! I knew I needed to start posting this in order to get great ideas of where to take it! :D

12. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Oh wow, why do I have the feeling that those two are perfect for each other? [face_love] (Ani + Xani, I mean) You're giving me ideas I don't need! :p

'Course Obi's perfect but temper temper! [face_love]

Coolie post, master. :D

13. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Tsk tsk Ani. You really shouldn't take rides from strangers. What if Xani was actually going to drive you off a bridge?

[face_devil]

I'll stop dreaming now!

Great post. Obi's reaction was just as I would imagine it. Wonderful, obi_ew. Need more!

14. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Padawan :p Don't think I could stomach a Ani/Xani fic!

LuvEwan [face_laugh] Glad I'm not alone in my Ani-animosity! Hope I'm not going overboard on Obi-Wan's reactions! :(

15. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Whoah... wait...

I thought Xani is supposed to be the evil-always-after-Obi-Guy-who-doesn't-know-when-to-give-up...
    but.. I guess I was wrong.

WOW! Excellent posts, OE! [face_shocked]

The anger towards Xani from Obi... do I see a little darkness in him thats becoming unveiled? (I can't help it! It fascinates me...)

Can't wait for more!

16. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Another Xan-story! yay! love the contrasting views of Xanatos.

17. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    What a great post. I didn't think Ani would be hanging out in the lower levels gambling already. And to have Xan come to the rescue. You have us all guessing at Xan and his motivations. I have a bad feeling about his kind words about Obi-Wan. What better way to win Anakin's trust than for Xan to praise the boy's master who is his supposed enemy while Obi-Wan so openly dislikes and distrusts Xan.

I like how you are portraying Obi-Wan. We all love him but I have often thought about what the first few months after Naboo would be like for Anakin and Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan has not had a chance to come to grips with the loss of Qui-Gon and this new unusual apprentice that was thrust on him. And now Xan is back. :(

Loving this new story. :)

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Sheleigh I thought Xani is supposed to be the evil-always-after-Obi-Guy-who-doesn't-know-when-to-give-up...
    but.. I guess I was wrong.

Who said he isn't ! ;) As for Obi showing signs of Darkness? Well like he told Yoda that's why he has always had a problem with Xan! :D

PaddyJuan contrasting views of Xan I wasn't sure I could write him this way but I'm having a blast! :D

Sheila guessing at Xan and his motivations [face_mischief] I adore Obi-Wan also but I enjoy seeing a human side to him.Anger ,lust and all! :p Glad you are enjoying so far! I'm still nervous about this one! :eek:

Think I'll put next post up this afternoon since I'll most likely be too busy Sunday! :)

19. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    CHAPTER FIVE

The nubile,scantily clad Twi'lek dancer draped herself across the man's leather clad lap.Pressing her lips against his ear she ran a hand carressingly down his muscular chest.

"Come handsome.Let's go upstairs." She purred.

A brief cool smile was his only response as his steely deep blue eyes slowly traveled over the cantina crowd.

Pouting at his continued lack of interest,she tangled her fingers in the long silky ink black strands of hair.Tugging persistantly she tried to pull his head around for a kiss.

Finally turning to face her,he pinned her with a flat cold stare.Their faces were so close that when he spoke his warm breath washed over her eliciting a shiver.

"When I desire your company,I'll send for you." He said icily.

Flushing in embarrassment,she slid off of his lap and hurriedly disappeared into the crowd.Taking a sip of his drink,Xanatos leaned back in his chair as he mulled over his run in with young Skywalker.

The boy was incredibly strong in the Force.He was also arrogant and intrigued by power and wealth.A combination which should make it easy to influence him.

Add to that the obvious fact that he was unsure of his place with not only the Jedi,but more importantly with his new Master.

Xanatos had been disappointed to find that Obi-Wan had adopted Qui-Gon's cool reserved manner.After years of growing up with an aloof mentor one would hope he would have learned better.

But the cycle continued.

His thoughts were interrupted when the crowd around him suddenly scrambled to clear a wide space.Lifting his head curiously,he was startled to see an obviously angry and focused Jedi Knight storming toward him.His hand clenched briefly before dropping to his lightsabre.That momentary hesitation cost him.

He froze when a glowing blue blade swung toward him,halting only inches from his neck.The heat from the blade was uncomfortably warm against his face.

Blue-grey eyes churned with seething emotions.

"Come anywhere near my Padawan again and I'll gut you!" Obi-Wan snarled through clenched teeth.

Swallowing tightly,Xanatos smiled somewhat weakly.

"I merely gave him a ride home.I meant no harm little one." He protested.

Obi-Wan laughed dryly.

"You forget I know you Xan.You have a motive for every move you make.Stay.Away.From.The.Boy." He enunciated clearly.

The fallen Jedi hissed softly in pain as the blade lightly nicked the side of his neck.

"He appears to be a bright boy.I don't think he needs you to pick his friends for him."Xanatos replied.

The younger man's eyes flared briefly with animosity before he forced it back.

"I'm no longer a child Xan,don't push me!" Obi-Wan warned him.

"Don't threaten me little one!" Xanatos shot
    back."You never have been a match for me."

A mocking smile curved Obi-Wan's mouth.

"Your taunts lost their effectiveness years ago.We both know that I've always been stronger then you." He said chidingly.

Xanatos' body tightened with anger as he stared at the younger man resentfully.Obi-Wan held his gaze for several tense moments before stepping back and putting his lightsabre away.

"For the last time,come near Anakin again and you'll have me to deal with!" He promised before spinning on his booted heel and striding from the cantina.

Releasing the breath he held,Xanatos watched the Jedi's retreating back with burning eyes.Lifting a hand that trembled slightly,he pressed it against his stinging neck.

Feeling a pair of eyes boring into him,he turned to find the Twi'lek he had so harshly dismissed watching him with a smirk on her face.

It quickly vanished and was replaced with fear when she met the icy blue eyes and saw the promise of retribution burning in their depths.

20. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I think Obi's a little cranky. Good reason but still cranky. Xan better watch himself.

21. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    padawan3 He settles down soon. A little! :D

22. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Don't mess with Obi-Wan! Nice, tense moment between Xani and Obi. I like the fact that Obi-Wan is taking the initiative to keep Xani away from Anakin, but I don't think it's going to work.

Great job! :D

23. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Oh! Wow! *chokes* That was an amazingly good post, obi_ew!!! The way Obi-Wan went storming into that cantina...I can just picture him...drool... [face_love] 8-}

Great writing. Wonderful storyline.

I love it! :D

24. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Xan really shouldn't push Obi too far.
    Why? - Cause Obi is right, he is stronger than Xan, at least if he turn dark upon his anger towards Xani. And we all know how it works within the Sith. The stronger will kill the weaker, when the weaker is the Master, of course.

And I have the feeling that, if it comes to a fight about dead and life Obi will have less problems killing Xan in cold blood than the other way round.

It really can't be Xan's wish to turn Obi, only Ani.

Vadey

25. Robiwankenobi

Robiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    Alright Obi! That was awesome! I could actually see Obi-wan doing something like that. You're very good at characterazations, OE , Keep it up! :D