main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Face Inside -AU-Xani/Ani/Obi Updated 2/20/03 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    I agree we need a sequal!!!

Ya cant just leave it there..and why do i think that Obi will train Xan's son?

Great post cant wait to read more...

PT

2. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    :( My comments have been getting eaten! Think it's fixed now, though.

So Obi is going to train Xani's son? After Ani is gone, turned, knighted, however you end up doing it, or is something... unfortunet going to happen to Anakin? **rolls eyes** As if anyone will answer me! :D

3. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    What Arldetta said!

A sequel is most definitely needed. This is great. And I hope we get to see Anakin's knighting ceremony. That would be nice. [face_puppydogeyes] :D

Shaindl

4. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Beautiful! I loved the way Jivan was so trusting of Obi-Wan. Wonderful, oe! I'm so proud of what you've done with this plot bunny. :D Marvelous job!

5. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] <------ My reaction to the postie.

Those two are so perfect together.

*gets luscious visions of a grown-up Jivan and Obi*

[face_devil]

Master, as your padawan, I join the cries of the rest. You MUST write a sequel!!!!!!! [face_love]

6. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Wonderful oe ! I liked Obi-Wan's reaction to Xan's son. It would be fitting for him to train Jivan since anyone else would probably only see a Sith's son and Obi-Wan knew a different side to Xan. I can't believe the story is almost over, I will miss it. :_|

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Cyn [face_blush] I'll assume that means it was okay. :)

Arldetta Naw! You all best wait until after you read the epilogue! ;)

Aquas I never said that! :D I'm always sad to see one of my fics end! I get really depressed! :(

PT I dunno! Why are you thinking that? :D

Thalia_Nox Glad to see you're still here! :) I'll tell you... tomorrow! ;)

Shaindl Who says he gets knighted? ?[face_plain]

Cas Like father,like son I guess! [face_love] I'm thrilled you enjoyed what I did with your bunny! That's the hard part about taking on someone elses idea.You fear you may ruin it! :(

JS Padawan! Ehh!!!! There's like thirty years age difference there! :p

8. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Wonderful, obi-ew!!

:)

Seriously, obi-ew, this is going to have to be one seriously final epilogue or else I will have to personally clamor for a sequel!

I suspect I won't be alone in doing so!

:D

The fact that Jivan doesn't know who his parents are...

:(

Oh, and one more thing....

Dare I guess that the "Master" Obi-Wan heard was a foreshadowing of things to come?

Namely Jivan becoming Obi-Wan's padawan after Anakin becomes knighted?

Oh, the possibilities...

9. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Demanded by the gods it tis- a sequel posted you will!

Wonderfully mushy!!!

10. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Sheila [face_plain] :( :_| I'm going to miss you guys more! * runs off the thread sobbing *

astro Seriously, obi-ew, this is going to have to be one seriously final epilogue or else I will have to personally clamor for a sequel! Well I guess I can kill everybody off! That would be pretty final! :D * glares at astro suspiciously *

JKH [face_laugh] Yes o' wise one!

11. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    You've described the totally Xani-like qualities of the child perfectly, obi_ew. It's just beautiful, but so tragic for Obi, to have that constant, innocent reminder of former Master and a fallen Sith.

Fantastic. :D

12. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    "I hope he doesn't get too graphic and give him nightmares," she commented. :D

The boy's smile was a mirror of his father's. If must be so hard for Obi to be reminded of Xanatos, especially if he does end up training Jivan. And so sad that Luminara felt she couldn't tell him that she is his mother! :_|

Just had a thought ... what if Jivan is actually a clone of Xanatos and Luminara has been in league with him all along and after everyone begins to trust the Dark Side-free Jivan she's gonna resurrect the soul of the dead Xanatos into the clone and then they go on to get revenge on Obi by turning him and his padawan to the Dark Side and then the four of them end up ruling the Galaxy as Sith Lords! Okay, maybe not. 8-}

But I still demand a sequel. ;)

13. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    oe - Ohhh you better run now! You are a tantalizing author you know. You dangle little tidbits such as: You all best wait until after you read the epilogue! and Who says he gets knighted? [face_shocked] You can't do that to us!! We are devoted to you and this story! Please, appease the masses and give us a sequel. PLEASE. :D

14. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    LE But it would also give him a second chance in a way with Xan. :)

HHP :eek: What a clever,evil mind you have! You fit right in! :D * wanders off mulling over suggestions *

Arldetta I'm just teasing ya! :p You guys know me and my version of these characters too well! :D We'll see what happens. ;)

15. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    There's like thirty years age difference there!

That doesn't stop the Q/O stories, now does it, master? [face_mischief]

Oh yes, and up!

16. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    EPILOGUE

But something keeps talking to me conciously

Responsibly it keeps haunting me

Papercut-Linkin Park
    Reanimation Version

Anakin's foot tapped a steady beat on the ships polished floor as he impatiently waited for the pilot to set them down on the landing pad.He hadn't been home in months and was anxious to see his former master for himself.Allthough he had been assured by both Master Luminara and Master Bant that Obi-Wan's injury was minor,he wouldn't feel better until he verified it with his own eyes.

Glancing out the cockpit window he let his thoughts wander.He had been knighted almost two years ago and because of the continuing discontent in the galaxy,had rarely spent any quality time at the Temple.The Jedi were spread thin in an attempt to maintain peace in a rapidly growing chaos.

The death of the Sith Lord had done nothing to stem the tide of rebellion.In fact it seemed to actually spur the fractions into a frenzy.

"Knight Skywalker? We've landed sir,"the pilot's voice jerked him back to the present.

Clapping the man on the shoulder,he grabbed the travel bag between his feet and bolted for the ramp.Not waiting for it to lower completely,he launched himself off of it while it was still in mid air.With a little help from the Force,he landed on the hard floor lightly.

Narrowing his eyes he quickly swept his gaze around the active docking bay,searching for a particular person in the sea of beings.His heart flipped and a delighted grin split his handsome face,when he finally caught sight of a brown robed figure who seemed to radiate peace amongst the frantic crowd.

Running forward,Anakin reached the figure in record time.Dropping the bag on the floor he swept his former master into a bone jarring hug.

"Anakin! Enough!" the soothing accented voice protested halfheartedly.

Chuckling,he reluctantly obeyed and set the smaller man down.Pulling back his concerned gaze quickly studied the older man for any signs of weakness.

Allthough the neatly trimmed ginger beard showed a few more strands of silver,Obi-Wan appeared to be healthy and more importantly,happy.

"You're truly allright Master?" Anakin asked worriedly.

Smiling faintly at the apprehension in the young man's eyes,Obi-Wan nodded.

"I'm fine Anakin.It was merely a flesh wound," he assured his former apprentice.

Satisfied,Anakin finally turned his attention to the small figure who stood silently behind his former master.

"Well runt come here and let's have a look at you," he ordered gruffly.

Ignoring Obi-Wan's warning glance,he had to force back a laugh when he was leveled by a challenging stare from a pair of sapphire eyes.

"I'm not a runt!Master says I'm going to be taller then you!" the boy announced smugly.

Laughing in disbelief,Anakin reached around Obi-Wan and pulled the boy closer.Ten years old now,Jivan had been Obi-Wan's Padawan for a year.Anakin knew that the Council had protested the partnership vehemently,but when both Obi-Wan and Luminara threatened to take the boy and leave the Order,they had no choice but to relent.An allready shaky relationship between the Council and his former master was only made more so.

"Well I suppose you've filled out a little," he teased the boy. "Allthough you'll allways be a runt to me."

Jivan tried but failed to hold in his giggles.His bright laughter filled the air around them with its infectiousness.Rolling his eyes at their brotherly banter,Obi-Wan tucked his arms into the sleeves of his robe.

"Will you join us for supper,Anakin?" he asked hopefully.

Anakin's eyes widened in mock horror.

"You won't be doing the cooking will you Master?"he asked pleadingly.

Obi-Wan sent Jivan a stern glare as the boy slapped a hand over his mouth to contain his laughter.

"I'll have you know that I have become quite adept in the kitchen," he announced proudly.

Anakin turned a skeptical look on the beaming boy.

"Is that true runt?" he asked.

Grabbing Anakin's travel bag,Jivan tossed his Master a teasing g

17. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

I can't believe it's over. :_| :_| :_| :_|

But it was worth it. What a great ending, master. *sniff* Loved Xani congratulating Obi-Wan.

*runs off the thread crying*

18. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Aw, it's over. That's sad.

But the ending was GREAT!

That was great, OE, and thanks for not doing something lousy to Anakin! :D I really liked him in your story, and I think I would have cried if something bad had happened to him.

I can't wait for you to start posting the sequel. Yes, I'm assuming, but I hope if I say it enough, you'll take the hint and run with it. :D

Shaindl

19. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    That ending was spectacular oe ! It was nice to see a knighted Anakin who obviously still loves his master. I enjoyed this story so much and look forward to whatever you throw our way next. I will miss your daily posts, but I will see you at TOTS! :)

20. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Wonderful ending, obi-ew!!

I'm sad, though...

It's over....

:_|

I have to admit, though, there was one part that I didn't get...

"{ You did well Padawan Mine }

[ Thank you little one ]"

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Maybe I'm dense, but who was Obi hearing?

:confused:

Anyway, wonderful work and although I'd understand if this was the end, I wouldn't mind a sequel at all!!

:D

Brava on wonderful piece, obi-ew, and roses to the author!

*tosses roses at obi-ew's feet and begins to applaud wildly*

EDIT: OK, after thinking about it a little bit, I got it! (duh!!)

Obi was hearing Qui's congrats ("You did well Padawan mine") then Xanatos's, ("Thank you little one")

A little slow on the uptake today!!

8-}

21. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    You hope you did OK? God save me from misguided humility!

This is a lovely, wonderfully plotted, intriguingly developed story, with marvelous characterizations and a perfect emotional balance. Never fear, oe - you did yourself - and Obi - proud.

And I also vote for a sequel; you have a lovely premise already in place.

CYN

22. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Wonderful!

That is the perfect ending for this story. I really love it!

Thank you so much

23. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    It was perfect, oe! I think you did a beautiful job. [face_love]

Anakin was very well written. I'm not really a fan of the character, but I do believe there are good qualities in him, and you brought them out. It's nice to see a sympathetic Ani.

Obi-Wan was superb. You write him very well.

Xanatos - Well, I think you've almost single-handedly sparked a Xani craze here on the boards with all your fics.

Jivan was a welcome surprise. And opens up much new unexplored territory here. You should write a sequel.

Luminara is a canon character that you've given much more depth to.

What a great story! I'm glad you picked up the plot bunny! :D And I can't wait to see more from you.

24. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Nah, obi_ew...I don't think you should have a sequel.

After all, it's not like you'd have any readers. ;)

I guess all I can offer is another :_| because this wonderful, incredibly unique story is already over. It seemed so short---that's a compliment. :D

**sigh** Get going on a new story, before I go into withdrawal!!!

25. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    *sniff* Qui's and Xan's little encouragement was absolutely beautiful!! :_| It was what he needed to hear, no matter how long it took for him to hear it.

I still think we need a sequel. :p But I will do my best to be patient. :D

I love how you managed to portray Obi, Ani and Xan in this. I actually like ANi!! [face_shocked] That's hard to do. Mostly, I think he's a whiny brat, but that's just me. ;)

Well, wonderful journey! And I look forward to reading more. :D