main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Face Inside -AU-Xani/Ani/Obi Updated 2/20/03 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Dec 30, 2002.

1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Cas I bet you're right! :D

LuvEwan *sighs* Me too! :p Thanks! :)

VadeyFan So certain are you? :D We get a glimpse of who is actually stronger in a future post! ;)

Robiwankenobi [face_blush] Aw shucks! Thank you kind Sir! :)

2. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Wow!!! [face_shocked]

Boy, most of the time, Obi-Wan is all Jedi calm and serenity, but when the right nerves are struck.....

Watch out!!

Wonderful tension in that one, obi-ew, and I eagerly await to see where this thickening plot will lead!

:)

3. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Eep!

Obi-Wan certainly came across in a way that was frighteningly cold- and slightly disturbing.
    Interesting seeing the normally calm Jedi reduced to an angry man at the thought of a single person (granted, aforementioned single person tried to kill him...).

Excellent as alway, Obi_ew!! Can't wait for more. :)

4. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    astroanna Xan certainly knows exactly what buttons to push! ;)

Sheleigh He was a little creepy in that post wasn't he? [face_plain]

Thanks Sheleigh leigh leigh! Sorry I couldn't resist! Saw someone on your thread call you that and I thought it was adorable! :)

5. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Okay, maybe it is not very Jedi of me or Obi-Wan, but I just LOVED Obi-Wan's attack on Xan. I think Xan should be pleased, he was worried that Obi-Wan was going to hide behind the Jedi mask of serenity like Qui-Gon but I don't think he has to worry about that any longer. :D

"Your taunts lost their effectiveness years ago.We both know that I've always been stronger then you." He said chidingly. [face_laugh]

It looks like Obi-Wan has a few buttons of his own to push. This story is very original. Can't wait for more. :)

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I agree with Sheliegh . Obi-Wan came accross as frightening, dangerous and barely in control. Xanatos must have a healthy amount of respect for him and his abilities or we would have seen an epic light saber battle in the catina.

7. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Yea! Obi-ew's back! This is another of your wonderful Obi/Xan fics.

I think these two characters together make incredible fics. Throwing Ani into the mix with these two is a bit different, but offers more mystery as to what Xan is planning.

Xan does seem to have a part of him that does care for Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan seems to outright hate Xan, of course Xan tried to kill him a few times, but isn't there anything that might connect the two for the better?

Bek~

8. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    *wonders how much closer Obi can get to the darkside with out crossing the line, or a councilor noticing it*

You know, a dark Obi wouldn't be a bad thing... he could kill ani and end up in bed with Xani.

It's good to see that Xani has a little bit more control than Obi, or else the light saber duel could have been of epic proportions; not that that would be a bad thing...two hot sweaty guys going after each other with sabre's.

Waitin' for the next post!

9. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Hee hee, nice to see Obi trying to put Xani in his place. Not that Xani can be put in place. [face_love]

Great postie, master, but, um, why couldn't I be that Twi'lek that sat in Xani's lap? :_| [face_devil] :D [face_love]

10. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Sheila Lots of button pushing in future posts! ;)

Padawan_Kitara :eek: But that would have required me to write an action scene! :_|

Bekah_K * waves madly * :) Nice to see you again! but isn't there anything that might connect the two for the better? Does it have to be for the better? [face_devil]

JKH he could kill ani and end up in bed with Xani :eek: That's my other fic! ;)

Jedi_Suzuran Why couldn't I be that Twi'lek that sat in Xani's lap? But he didn't want her Padawan .Xan has other interests ! You find out eventually! :D :p

11. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Push those buttons, Xan. Foaming at the mouth hatred is much better than calm Jedi distain. Lol.

12. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    PaddyJuan [face_laugh] I don't think you need to worry about that in this fic! ;)

:p Blech! Anakin Mush! :D

CHAPTER SIX

Anakin sat in the middle of his bed frantically working on a bit of machinery for his newest droid.The Temple didn't need another of his inventions but they would smile and accept it because it was a well documented fact that when Padawan Skywalker's emotions were in turmoil,he needed to tinker.If he could keep his hands busy then his mind could be at rest.

Master Obi-Wan would sigh and gently chide him that if he would work on his meditation he would no longer need to clutter his room and the hallways with his projects.

Obi-Wan didn't understand that when life as a slave became too much he had always had his gift for fixing things to escape to.

His head suddenly snapped up as he felt a gentle brush against his shields.Taking a deep breath,he stood up and opened his door.Obi-Wan leaned in the doorway,his shoulder braced against the wall.Blue-grey eyes studied him from beneath long lashes for several seconds before the Knight finally spoke.

"I'm sorry Anakin,more then you will ever know."He said quietly.

Anakin nodded before returning to his spot on the bed.Obi-Wan let the door shut behind him as he stepped inside and also took a seat on the bed.Reaching out he picked up a small coupling and snapped it onto the base Anakin was working on.His Padawan stared at what he had done for quite awhile before looking up at him in surprised admiration.

Obi-Wan smiled faintly and gave a small shrug.

"I'm not too bad at mechanics myself."He admitted.

He could see the boy mulling something over,a frown creasing his brow.

"What are you thinking about Padawan?"Obi-Wan asked gently.

Anakin finally met his gaze.

"I just wish I knew you better."Was his quiet reply.

"What do you want to know?" Obi-Wan encouraged.

"Why you hate him so much." Anakin said. "I want to understand."

Obi-Wan closed his eyes briefly before scooting back until he could rest against the wall.

"I don't hate him Anakin.It's more complicated then that."He replied.

Seeing the dissappointment in the boy's eyes he forced himself to continue.

"Xanatos blamed Qui-Gon for everything that took place between them even though he made the choices.His hate and anger caused him to try to kill Qui-Gon and me on several occasions.He even tried to destroy the Temple at one point.Think of the innocent lives that would have been lost Padawan.When that failed he used a rival Padawan's anger to turn him to the Darkside and the boy ended up losing his life because of it."Obi-Wan said as he held the boy's gaze firmly.

"His interest in you is most likely a ploy to get at me.I won't allow him to manipulate you Padawan."He explained.

Anakin was silent for quite awhile but eventually his curiousity got the better of him.

"Do you think he had a reason to be angry with Qui-Gon?" He asked hesitantly.

"He had no reason to try and kill him!"Obi-Wan retorted.

"That's not what I asked." Anakin shot back. "Was Qui-Gon innocent in whatever tore them apart?"

Obi-Wan stared down at his clenched hands as he struggled with his answer.Anakin refused to back down.

"Do you believe in your heart Master that Xanatos had no reason to be angry?" He asked.

The Knight released a shaky breath as he answered.

"I hope that if my Padawan ever faltered as he did,that I would fight for him with the last breath in my body.My heart tells me that Qui-Gon gave up on him much too easily." He admitted reluctantly.

"Just like he did you." Anakin said softly.

Obi-Wan's head snapped around and he stared at the boy in shock.

"What are you talking about?" He breathed.

"When we went before the Council,Qui-Gon was so determined I be trained he was willing to let you go even if you weren't ready."Was the stunning reply.

Anakin could see his young Master struggling to calm his emotions.He could also see the truth of what he'd said echoed in wounded blue-grey eyes.

"Xanatos spoke very highly of yo

13. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I love to see what Ani must have been blind to---Obi-Wan's devotion and talent as a Jedi master, despite his age and inexperience.

Here he is caring and protective... [face_love] Too bad he wasted such rare gifts on Bratakin!!!

;) Wonderful post, even if it was 'Ani mush'. I continue to love this story, obi_ew. More soon?

14. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hi!

Great posts - I like how you're developing Ani and Obi's relationship. I loved Obi-Wan threatening Xan - I too could picture him doing that. But I feel sorry for the poor Twilek dancer who was about to bear the brunt of all of Xan's anger.

Good work!

Shaindl

PS: I just PM'd you - no rush on getting back to me! :D

15. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    LuvEwan Bratakin!!! [face_laugh] * falls on the floor laughing * That is priceless! Thanks for the kind words! :)

Shaindl I like how you're developing Ani and Obi's relationship :_| You don't know how much it's killing me to write him nice! * wanders off searching for Cas *

16. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    [face_shocked] Hey! I never said to write him nice. I'm not an Anakin fan, by any means. :D

But you're doing a great job on the story. Obi and Ani's relationship seems very realistic to me, and the story's developing nicely. Great job!

PS: So are we back to a post-a-day or what?

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Cas :D I'm just teasing! This chapter was the last of the original ones I wrote back in September when your bunny first bit.We'll see what happens from now on! :eek: I'll most likely try to post everyday until or unless I hit a roadblock! ;)

BTW-I was bored and went back and re-read my first fic on the boards and saw you upped it on Thanksgiving! :) Thanks!

19. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Anakin- you little... sneak!

Beautiful scene, OE! The interactionb between the apologetic Obi-Wan, and the devious, though sincere Anakin was wonderful- and I enjoyed it immensly.

But I do hope that Xani makes another appearance in this story... very soon- I rather like imagining Obi-Wan err... riled up. [face_devil]

Again, magnificent- and as always, I absolutely can not wait for more! :)

-sheleigh...leighleighleigh 8-}

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Padawan_Kitara :D

Sheleigh Glad the Ani mush didn't drive you all off! ;) Don't worry about Xan!You gets lots of him in this fic! [face_love] Another Xani/Ani posty tomorrow! Thanks for reading. :)

21. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I really love seeing the interaction between Obi-Wan and Anakin so soon after they become Master and Padawan. Obi-Wan may have adopted some of Qui-Gon's aloofness but he is much more open with Anakin than Qui-Gon was when Obi-Wan was a young apprentice. I enjoyed seeing them try to work it out. However, I have a feeling Anakin is not going to heed his Master's warnings. He really should have paid more attention to Obi-Wan when he said he hoped to fight for his own Padawan until his last breath. Now that is a Jedi Master. :D

22. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    "Blech! Anakin Mush!"

LOL!!

[face_laugh] :)

Nice work, obi-ew!! Yeah, there was mush, but it was all good! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I can't help but notice, however....

Ani kept the datapad!! And he never told Obi-Wan about it.....

Insignificant? I think not!!

But, we shall see.....

And boy, that Ani is sharp as a tack!

How annoying for Obi-Wan....

8-}

23. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Another great post OE!

Ok, a connection between them for the better may possibly have been the wrong choice of words...but, how about an understanding of sorts. I just like it when these two get along, that's all.

Can't wait to see another Xan/Obi post. I have a feeling that Ani is going to be doing a lot of disapproving things behind Obi's back.

Bek~

24. Robiwankenobi

Robiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    Okay, yet another reason to hate Anakin. Obi-wan does nothing but care for him, and what does the ungrateful little rodent do? He starts thinking about Xan. Stupid little brat!

Ummm, sorry, I'm not much of an Anakin fan. But it dosen't look like I'm alone here. Great post. :D

25. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    are you really supposed to 'blech' your own story?

Maybe Anakin's words might make Obi-wan reflect a little -- then again, maybe not.

I noticed Anakin only promised not to contact Xanatos, and said nothing of responding if contacted. Sneaky brat. lol.