main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

The Fan Fiction Newsletter, Edition XII - August/September/October 2004

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FF_Newsletter_Editor, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FF_Newsletter_Editor

FF_Newsletter_Editor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2004
    The Fan Fiction Newsletter
    Edition XII
    August/September/October 2004

OR

Edition ?All Your Hard Drive Are Belong To Us!?

Page 1:
    Index & Newsletter News
    Page 2: Reviews ? Before the Saga, Saga, Beyond the Saga
    Page 3: Reviews - Classic, Vignette, TFN Archive
    Page 4: Writing Tips, Articles
    Page 5: Interviews
    Page 6: Forum News, Advertisement, Past Newsletters, Credits

Newsletter News[/color][/b]

Well, yes, it?s been a while, an absence which can be blamed on Darth Real Life, Darth School, Darth Summer is Nice, Darth Homework, Darth Dell Computer Company, Darth Stupid Little Punk Virus Writer, and that ever-present archnemesis, Darth What the [i]Hell[/i] Just Happened to My Computer?!. To prevent this from happening again, I am currently accepting missives to be sent along to my parents, informing them of the great need for a new computer.

Or, you know, you could just send me money. :D

But despite tragic circumstances, despite the loss of data, files, hard drives, flash drives, and even a wee little bit of sanity (though there was never much to being with), your fan fiction newsletter has fought back tirelessly to make a most triumphant return, amidst the profanity and near-defenestration of technical equipment.

Well, enough of my real life.

[b][color=crimson]ANNOUNCEMENT

I am looking for at least 5 reviewers, one each for the Before, Saga, and Beyond forums, as well as one each for locked threads and vignettes. [/b][/color]

[b]Perks:[/b] your name beneath [b][color=darkcyan]bold darkcyan letters[/b][/color] as well as the great feeling that comes from contributing to these boards in a helpful fashion. Remember, the more reviewers, the more stories featured!

[b]Requirements:[/b] You must be able to read. You must be able to coherently string together sentences. And most importantly, you must be open-minded.

Those interested, please [link=http://boards.theforce.net/pm_send.asp?usr=1061409]send me a PM[/link], and indicate whether you have any era preferences.

[color=crimson]Also, if you have review recommendations, would like your story reviewed, or would like to see or write an article on a particular aspect of fanfic, don?t hesitate to let me know![/color]

The content is slightly different in this issue, for I wanted to post it quickly before something else went wrong, such as millions of bytes suddenly crying out in terror...

And now, for something more exciting.

-The Editor :D
    >

2. FF_Newsletter_Editor

Jan 29, 2004
    Page II

Reviews

[color=4d633c]Before the Saga[/color]

Title:[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Before_the_Saga/b10475/12861747/p1][color=883805]The Force That Binds Episode I: Knightshift (formerly "Coruscant Girl")[/color][/link]
    Author: [color=883805]spiritgurl [/color]
    Timeframe:
    pre-TPM

[color=e9ab17]Reviewer #1[/color]

Rating:
    Very Good
    Comments:

The story takes place just before TPM and is centered about Obi-Wan Kenobi and a delightful original character named Nahlia. At the beginning of the story, Obi-Wan and his master, Qui-Gon Jinn, are on a case looking for a missing Senator?s daughter. This leads Obi-Wan to, of all places, a club. Obi-Wan is drawn there by a mission, but is soon distracted by a pretty brunette. Enter: Nahlia. Whether it?s the Force, liquor, or just teenage hormones, he finds himself extremely attracted to the girl. Not to mention, a vision of a dead Nahlia. He and Nahlia work together on the case, and it is soon found out that other people besides the Senator?s daughter are missing. A rather sleazy character named Zep comes in, an old flame from Nahlia?s past.

Without a doubt, the romance scenes were definitely the best aspect of this story. They were sweet, exciting, thrilling, intoxicating?and it was made very easy to like them due to the likeable characters. Obi-Wan is struggling between love and the life that he has sworn to live. He?s relatively young and with hormones raging, he makes very real choices. He is also naïve and coupled with another naïve character, things can get interesting. Nahlia is an easily likeable character, being pretty and funny.

The mystery portion of the story is quite decent, wanting you to read on as mysterious characters are introduced and new parts are woven into the mystery. The author does a good job of adding things seamlessly and twisting the plot here and there. The action scenes are relatively well written, but somewhat brief and scattered. Also, there were some Earth-isms scattered throughout that could easily be fixed. In conclusion, the characters were believable and likeable, the romance sweet and moving, the mystery surprising and involving, and the action scenes were exciting although quick. Overall, a delightful read.

Quote:

[blockquote]He had touched feelings within his future self that he had never felt before. Love and sorrow seemed twisted together within him at the moment of this woman's death and as the older Obi-Wan grieved, so did the padawan.[/blockquote]

[color=e9ab17]Reviewer #2[/color]

Rating:
    Very Good
    Comments:

I think my favorite part in this story had to be the way Obi-Wan and Nahlia met, because right from the beginning we see how different their lives are. Obi-Wan is a padawan learner, a young man who does his duty the best he can as he works toward becoming a Jedi Knight. Nahlia, on the other hand, has very little to look forward to in her life as she slaves day after day just trying to survive the real world. And yet for some reason she keeps going.

The romance between the two is both funny and touching. Both fumble a bit in the relationship, Obi-Wan with the physical aspects of being in love, Nahlia with the emotional. It feels as though both of them know this can?t last, but neither wants to be reminded of that. And of course, they have little time to ruminate over such issues while they chase a bad guy, escape from another bad guy, and are finally rescued by a very disapproving Qui-Gon. One of the saddest parts is when Qui-Gon tells Obi-Wan that simply not marrying Nahlia isn?t going to solve his problems, and Obi-Wan wonders why he continues to have visions of her, why the Force seems to be pushing him in her direction.

One thing that especially stood out for me was the relationship between Nahlia and her ex Zep. They were not quite friends but still were able to share things with each other, no matter how much Zep annoyed Nahlia. I would love to know more

3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Yay, a Newsletter!!!

4. FF_Newsletter_Editor

Jan 29, 2004
    Page III

Reviews

[color=ff82ab]Classic[/color]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Stories--Classic_JC_Board_(Reply-Only)/b10016/571079/?][color=00ced1]A Pilot Story[/color][/link]
    Author: [color=00ced1]RogueLead11[/color]
    Timeframe:
    pre-ANH

Reviewer #1

Rating: Unrated
    Comments:

An excellently written and well-characterised story documenting Wedge?s joining of the Rebellion. As a big fan of the rebellion?s real workhorse hero, I have long liked this story. The characters are engaging and realistic, Wedge is still very young, and still finding his place in the Galaxy. Various Reds/Rogues make appearances, Jek Porkins and Wes Janson being tops on the list, and the story has garnered a number of fans over the years, for excellent reasons.

I would happily recommend everyone check out this story, but there is one big factor preventing that: for all it?s brilliance, it remains unfinished, and August 14th marks the two year anniversary of the most recent story post.

I nominate this story for most loyal readership, since they have added 400 posts (that?s 8 pages at a fifty post count) to the thread in a vain effort to encourage the author to return. And my readers think I?m bad for a month or two break between posts, or at my worst, eight months. Two years. Wow. :( The story is excellent, but don?t get emotionally invested in it ever being finished.

Reviewer #2

Rating: Excellent
    Comments:

I am going to break every rule of reviewing protocol in the first paragraph of this commentary. I'm going to make excessive use of the personal pronoun "I." I'm going to say things like "I loved this story," "The author deserves an honorary degree in Pilot Studies at the University of Coruscant," and "We all wish we could write this well." I might even go on a tangent about how I stayed up until three o'clock in the morning finishing this fic despite the fact that I had to leave for work three hours later. This commentary, while rambling, non-informational, and perhaps not even interesting, would nevertheless be entirely truthful. I cannot recommend this story highly enough.

We don't know much about Wedge Antilles before he joined the Rebellion, in large part because he was a throwaway movie character intended for a brief moment of pyrotechnical fame and some cameos among dancing teddy bears. And although Aaron Allston and Michael Stackpole succeeded in making him a more rounded person, we still had very little idea of what had led him to make the fateful decision to join a scruffy group of patched-together pilots with big dreams.

According to this story, at least, it was because Wedge himself fit perfectly: he was a scruffy patched-together pilot with big dreams. And, of course, the raw talent to back them up.

RogueLead11 takes us on a trip from the inside of Wedge's head ? a trip that is dry, witty, understated, and at times dark, but a trip that is unmistakably directed by its main character. From the opening scenes, when Wedge witnesses his parents' death at Gus Treta, to his introduction to Wes Janson and Jek Porkins, the story weaves an utterly convincing tale of a young man who wants nothing more than to live out the rest of his life as a freighter pilot.

Each character is vibrant, multifaceted, and unique. The OCs hail from all walks of life, and many of the characters that we know only by name in the SW universe ? Jek Porkins, Biggs Darklighter, Garven Dreis ? are fleshed out into people we can easily come to care for.

This story is the work of a writer with a wonderful ear for language and a definite feel for the complexities of human (and non-human) nature. Though the fic is unfinished and looks likely to remain that way, it is most certainly a very worthwhile read.

Quote:

[blockquote] I threw away the headset and activated the main com. ?Is this the Alliance Dantoo

5. FF_Newsletter_Editor

Jan 29, 2004
    Page IV

Tips, Trivia, and Articles

October Writing Tips

It?s big, it?s scary, it?s?Run away!!!

Punctuation

Part I: The Attack of the Commas

"Punctuation," Ray Terr said from where he sat with his nose nearly touching the screen of his datapad.

Questa Nanser looked at him with a bemused expression on her face before returning to the play she was reading. Sometimes, it was better not to ask.

"Punctuation!"

This time, she set her datapad down and folded her arms. "What, Ray?"

He held up his reading material in one hand, waving it back and forth in a little arc. "This is awful. I've been trying to read this story for almost a week. The actual story is wonderful; the characters are great; the plot is twisted and all planned out. But then I pick it up and the punctuation is so bad it gives me a headache."

"How can it be that bad?"

"Listen to this," he said. "'No, Ioan!' I shouted, as I started, running toward him."

"Punctuation!" Questa shrieked.

"Exactly," Ray said. "Now look, let's clean this up a little. We can at least try to get all the commas in the right places."

"Sure," said Questa, moving to sit next to her friend. "Well, the author starts out right. You always have to put commas around the name of a person when he or she is being directly addressed. So the 'No, Ioan!' is perfectly fine."

"But then we get into a comma overdose. There shouldn't be any more commas in that sentence at all."

Questa nodded her agreement. "They aren't separating items in a list, separating two successive adjectives in place of the word 'and,' or isolating a tangential part of a sentence."

"Look," said Ray. "It's easy. I mean, there are rules, and sometimes people come up with fancy language to describe how to use punctuation, but commas are nice little half-periods that let us know where the pause in the sentence is."

"When I'm not sure whether a comma is appropriate, I read the sentence out loud," Questa offered. "If I hesitate or stumble anywhere, then it's pretty safe to say that there should be a punctuation mark there. Most of the time, you'll need a comma."

Ray scanned the screen, then said, "Like in this sentence: 'I smiled as I crept toward him my feet making no sound on the soft jungle floor.'"

"Precisely. The character is describing her motion and later describing the sound of her feet. So really, that sentence should read, 'I smiled as I crept toward him, my feet making no sound on the soft jungle floor.'"

Sighing, Ray murmured, "If only the author had asked when he wasn't sure. There's always someone willing to help you with that sort of thing."

"Well," said Questa, "why don't we call him up? With a few little changes, this story could be really good."

"Sure. But he looks like he needs some help with periods, colons, and semicolons, too?."

Continued next month in?

Puntuation, Part II: Periods, Colons, and Semicolons, oh my!

October Article

This month?s article is written by one of the authors featured in the reviews. Originally an angst-and-torture writer, Layren tells us why she made the switch to humour and reveals why she loves Qui-Gon so much.

When I started writing humor earlier this year, I was going through a very dark period in my life. This past March I recently had my fourth open-heart surgery. It was a struggle to find something amusing to keep moving on, and I needed a good laugh. The humor I could write gave me an outlet for that relief even though the bunnies didn't really come until about two months after my operation, when I felt like I could write again. There was a period of a few months where I wrote nothing at all, and that isn't a very good place to be in. I just wasn't in the mood. At the time, fan fiction didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but eventually bunnies started hopping around again. They multiply everywhere! Sometim

6. FF_Newsletter_Editor

Jan 29, 2004
    Page V

This month's writer is none other than the author of the Summer's Most Highly Commended - "Memorial"... Ladies and gentlemen of the boards allow me to introduce to you....

SaberBlade

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Please tell us a little about yourself and your first encounter with Star Wars?

I'm in my third year of college, where I'm a History and Anthropology major and an English minor (mainly because I can't decide what I like best!). I've been a Star Wars fan for ages, and grew up reading the books and playing around with the characters with my brother.

How long have you been writing (fanfiction, professionally)? Have you written fanfiction in other fandoms apart from Star Wars?

I've been writing both fanfiction and original stories since about 1996, though I don't think anything done before about 1999 or 2000 is worthy of mentioning. Some of it is online under various pennames: I write Star Wars fanfiction, but I also write Harry Potter fanfiction, Rurouni Kenshin fanfiction, and a couple other animes. I've been tempted by Lord of the Rings, and have so far resisted the call. I write more original works than fanfic, though.

Most of your work are Kyp/Jaina. What appeals to you about this shipping as opposed to the canon established J/J pairing? Do you think it possible that K/J would ever become canon?

I like K/J because to me, it's more exciting. I have nothing against Jag as a character other than the fact he was introduced basically to become Jaina's love interest. That kinda took the exitement out of their story for me-- he didn't have a purpose beyond being her love interest (especially in early NJO), so the entire relationship seemed contrived. I love the chemistry and strange "partnership" between Kyp and Jaina more than the "scripted" relationship of Jag and Jaina. I suppose that it is possible for K/J to become canon... but I'm not really holding my breath.

What was the inspiration behind Miracle?

The fickleness of memory. Don't really remember much else... no pun intended...

What do you feel has been your greatest achievement in writing?

I think that some of my completed stylistic pieces are my best achievements. A lot of them were simply ideas that I thought I would never actually be able to write, much less finish, and it's wonderful to see them actually done and appreciated. I think "Time", "A Stange Thing", and "Sanctuary" rate the highest for me.

On the flip side, have you ever written something that you would rather forget?

Oh yes. My original story when I first joined the boards years ago, several fanfics and original fics that are (thankfully) hidden away on discs, never to again see the light of day...

You took a long break from the boards a while back. Can you tell us why? And most importantly, what drew you back?

Rough times, health, and lack of access to the internet took me away from the board; Rough times, health, and access to the internet brought me back. ;) With that huge San Diego fire last October, our house was evacuated and school shut down for several days. All the ash in the air brought my asthma crashing back, and so I was stuck in bed for about a week. I went through all the NJO books I hadn't yet read (which was most of the last half of the NJO), finished, and decided I wanted to read more. In search of fanfiction, I re-stumbled across this site and remembered my old password...

What are your favourite Star Wars fanfiction websites?

Obviously, this one. The only other one that I visit is the KAJSU website, which Dana is running.

Do you plan on going professional some day or will writing remain a private, personal endeavour for you?

I'd like to go professional someday. I love writing and being paid to do it would be wonderful. But until I'm good enough to pass muster with editors and publishers and all those other scary people, I'll just k

7. FF_Newsletter_Editor

Jan 29, 2004
    Page VI

Forum News

It was a relatively peaceful time. Renata was on vacation, going off her diet, Dantana moved, and Red_Rose_Knight fought Darth RealLife (between computer gremlins and project deadlines). Herman seems to have escaped Drama, but perhaps he?s just not telling. :D But everyone is back to work. So, while Dantana hunkered down to ride out her third hurricane in two months...

The Forum Index has been updated, so if you are looking for information links or links to Indexes, go check that out. Also, the Anakin/Padme index is being revived, as well as the Han/Leia index, and the old indexes are still going strong.

RRK particularly would like people to know that the Beta Reader Index has been updated to 3.0, and they are still hoping to get volunteers to sign up as Betas. A good way to see new stories before they happen and to help newbies!

Finally, Herman notes that the Resource page is being manually pruned... locked threads are being cut just to clean up. (These are the ?I have a quick question? types of threads, especially the ?Nevermind, I figured it out? threads). Actual discussion threads (even the locked ones) aren?t being pruned, and a lot of stuff he is actually unlocking & bumping. The Enforcer is on patrol!

So, that?s it. Welcome to Autumn, which will be a lovely month if the hurricanes ever stop! Hope your plot bunnies are behaving!

--Renata

~*Advertisement*~

Got a cranky computer? Derelict datapad? Hissy hyperdrive? Come down to Solo?s Kick ?Em & Fix ?Em! We?ll set that hunk of junk straight, with our patented ? you guessed it! ? ?kick ?em & fix ?em? method. This style of repair works on all kinds of machinery no matter what?s wrong. Datapad viruses, insidious slicers, and even sabotage by Imperial troops can?t stand up to us! The secret is in just the right kind of boot, just the right amount of backswing, and just the right amount of pinpointed pressure to send a jolt of healthy energy to your machinery. And for really tempestuous pieces, we apply our tried and true last resort ? a free-fallin? defenestration, to jog those circuits back into proper mode.

After all, if it works for the Millenium Falcon, it can work for you!

Past Newsletters

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10869454]Newsletter I, March 2003[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11178459]Newsletter II, April 2003[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11565510]Newsletter III, May 2003[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=13725366]Newsletter IV, October 2003[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Writers_Resource/b10304/14081292]Newsletter V, November 2003[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Writers_Resource/b10304/14081292]Newsletter VI, January 2004[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Writers_Resource/b10304/15070898]Newsletter VII, February 2004[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Writers_Resource/b10304/15402715]NewsletterVIII, March 2004[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=15740815]Newsletter IX, April 2004[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/16114605]Newsletter X, May/June 2004[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=16437203&start=16437473]Newsletter XI, July 2004[/link]

Credits

Reviewers
    _Derisa_Ollamhin_
    Handmaiden_Yane
    JadeSolo
    Jags_Scoundrel
    Shaindl
    VaderLVR64
    ValedaKor
    Xaara

Interviews
    leia_naberrie

Articles
    Layren

Forum News
    Mistress_Renata

Editor/Organizer
    A Very Computer-Unfriendly JadeSolo

8. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    =D=LOL! Extra points for using 'defenestration' in an advertizement, let alone a viable sentence.

Another great News Letter. Big thanks to everyone involved.=D==D=

9. FF_Newsletter_Editor

Jan 29, 2004
    Whoops. I forgot to thank the staff. [face_blush]

You all know I love you, write? :D

edit: I mean, "right." Yeah. I speel good at knight.

edit2: "Defenestration" is one of my favorite words. I use it any chance I can get. 8-}

10. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Good issue J_S and co.

Re defenestration: my middle son was nicknamed "The Defenestrator" for his penchant for chucking things out of windows. It was tolerable when he was a toddler and only throwing his toys, but then we moved to a second story apartment building, and then it was video tapes and my glass bead collection... the final straw was when he tried to teach his little brother "the funnest thing ever", and tossed my cell phone...

Fortunately for him, he outgrew that phase.

:)

As I said, good issue kids, and I agree with everything every reviewer said. :)

*Derisa*

11. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    *sqeeeeeal!* I got reviewed!!! And two excellent reviews at that. :D

Thank you! :)

*goes back to read the rest of the newsletter.*

sg

12. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    It is about time! ;)

"Defenestration" is one of my favorite words. I use it any chance I can get.

No kidding! :p

As always, a very nice newsletter. Thank you everyone for all the time and effort you put into making it so good.

13. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Ooohh I got good reviews!!! Thanks so much to those who read and reviewed Repercussions! We had a fanastic time writing the story [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Kick 'em and Fix 'em! ROTFL! [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Great job on the newsletter! I especially enjoyed the advertisements! hehehe.

14. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    OMG I got good reviews! :eek: Thank you so much, whoever wrote them. [:D] And the newsletter was wonderful as always - loved Ray and Questa, and the kick 'em and fix 'em ad. :D

Great job! =D=

15. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Well, yes, it?s been a while, an absence which can be blamed on Darth Real Life, Darth School, Darth Summer is Nice, Darth Homework, Darth Dell Computer Company, Darth Stupid Little Punk Virus Writer, and that ever-present archnemesis, Darth What the Hell Just Happened to My Computer?!.

LOL!! Or, rather, I'm very sorry, but LOL!!

Thank you for such a nice review!

And defenestration is an awesome word. Gotta love the Defenestration of Prague, which taught my entire AP Euro class that wonderful word...

-Saber

16. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    It reminds me of high school, when some students wanted to protest dissection by releasing all the frogs and pushing them out the window so they could escape into the woods behind the school. No one's sure why these kids didn't think that it would be a problem that the biology lab was on the third floor, but few'll ever forget the horrible sounds of the Defenestration of Frogs. 8-}

[Okay, I know it's an oooooooold joke. I couldna help meself.]

Edit: Whoops, I swear I'd started that before SaberBlade's post appeared.

17. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Beautiful job as always you guys! =D= Jadewan you crack me up! [face_laugh]

18. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great Job, Jade =D= I especially like the gammar tips and the ad! Keep up the good work.

19. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Bravo. =D=

20. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    :eek:

I completely forgot about asking for a review, and I certainly didn't expect anything so... glowing. Many thanks for the kind words... just let me know how many cookies I owe for those reviews :D

=D= Also, many thanks to everyone that works so hard in getting the newsletter out.

Three extra bonus points for using "flash", "profanity", and "defenestration" in the same sentence. [face_thinking] Hmm... Ooh! Ow! Bad Plot Bunny! :oops: Okay... I'm amazed that there isn't a one-word description for "common sense", but there is for "throwing something out a window". I suppose that tells us which of the two occurs more frequently.

Part I: The Attack of the Commas

It's like "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" all over again! :cool:

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    It's like "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" all over again!

That's one of the books I am reading right now, prompting my husband to doubt my sanity! "Let me get this straight, you're reading a book about punctuation?"

22. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    That's one of the books I am reading right now, prompting my husband to doubt my sanity! "Let me get this straight, you're reading a book about punctuation?"

It's one of my favorite pieces of nonfiction. I probably need to go read it again since I seem to be getting soft in that arena. The humor in it is fantastic for a subject that would seem to be so dry and tasteless.

23. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I would like to say that I'm safely away from the hurricanes. I only had to live through three, but I had to endure the aftermath of Charley, since I got to Florida the day after it hit. I feel bad for everyone who lived through all four. Hopefully, now that I'm no longer in Florida, you guys won't have any more hurricanes this year. ;)

Wonderful job, guys. :) I always enjoy these.

Dana

24. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    And breaking news... Red_Rose_Knight has stepped down as FanFic mod, due to RL issues (apparently her job's gotten frantic, with a massive project and the earlier computer gremlins did nothing to help her with her deadlines). She'll still be around, she says. The mods are sorry to see her go, fer sher! :( At any rate, we're discussing candidates for her replacement, and we'll keep you all posted as developments...develop. :)

25. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    :eek: I was so surprised at my reviews! Ack! I feel inspired! Thank you to whoever reviewed it for me! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.