main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Fandom Menace

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Outsourced, Oct 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Well that's unfortunate then. Because everything I've seen from RJ 'attacking the fans' has only been in response to people harassing him and others. And, no offense, but if you harass people over a movie you don't like, you deserve to be called out for it.

If you can provide something to the contrary, you are more than free to.

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Language warning

Popped into this video, and it actually was the Fandom Menace: https:/ /m.youtube.com /watch?v=z X6_Pt9rat4 (spaces put in, as "link" tags just imbeds the video)

Thinking further about the citation issue, videos about The Last Jedi would show screenshots of media web pages, magazine pages, or social media posts, so it would be near impossible for me to recall what content was in which video.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  3. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    God, why would you trick me into voluntarily going to a WorldClassBull*****ers video?

4. Noen

Noen Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2019
    I have seen quite a lot of the videos, and while I do agree with some of their points , my objection is always the same: I don't like being represented without being asked, to put it nicely. I don't see how, or from which collective procedure, these "representatives" originated from, and when they speak "on behalf of the fans", well sorry but no.

Then again, as the Godfather would say : it makes no difference to me what a man does for a living

5. darth_of_denmark

darth_of_denmark Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    These fandom menace tubers are nothing but a bunch of kneejerk bitches who has been trying to sabotage Episode 9 for months in 2019. I watched too many of their videos until I had enough of their lies and half truths. Basically any news last year about Episode 9 was quickly spun into the worst possible scenario by these hateful ****s.

They call themselves fans and claim to represent us and it makes me want to puke whenever I see them mentioned. They should be ignored and forgotten but they probably will die off now that the trilogy is over.
    Fun fact. The only positive things I ever heard from them was repeated praises about how great Mario kart is and how great Asokha is as a character. Oh and the prequels are actually fantastic.
    Also, they would love having George Lucas make the sequel trilogy but they forget mentioning his ideas for his ST which would be going into the midichlorian microbiotic universe (Yeah that would have gone down well for sure).

Anyways. I am pretty sure they are doing what they do for the clicks. Ignore them, forget about them I say.

6. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    I think it's more about fanaticism then clicks (although a lot of these kinds of internet users do tend to get into using their stuff for monetary purposes and make it worse), but yeah; fan hate groups like Fandom Meance are nothing new. From what I've seen of the likes of Fandom Menace and it's sibling groups -- Sad Puppies/Rabid Puppies, Gamergate, Comicsgate, etc. -- the best way to deal with them is blocking, banning, and flagging them, and the going on with your life. The only power they have is what they're given.

7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

darth_of_denmark likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.