main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Fanfic Gamblers’ Den: the TLJ Betting Pool (plz tag all spoilers) | Challenge over

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Chyntuck, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Oops, sorry for that. I fixed it.

2. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    BookExogorth and Ewok Poet like this.
  3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Two quick questions: what happens if neither bet/counter bet is right or if there wasn't an answer in TLJ?

Chyntuck likes this.
  4. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    @Lady_Misty In that case, both betters have to deliver the stakes.

Ewok Poet and Lady_Misty like this.
  5. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    *Neo* Whoa! *Neo* I better reacquaint myself with this. [face_nail_biting]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Chyntuck likes this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Hey, @Chyntuck - I have it all covered already. :) @BookExogorth and I already talked about this and I have a vague idea about I'll write for her. If all goes well, I will deliver it by the end of the month. :)

Will the stories eventually be linked from this thread? And what happens with the open bets?

Chyntuck, BookExogorth and Lady_Misty like this.
  7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I promised a poem and a siggy link, but the muse hasn't been much for poetry lately. Maybe I'll have to get Darth Vader to motivate her. [face_laugh]

Have to talk to BookEx about the siggy link.

Chyntuck likes this.
  8. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Okie-dokie, everyone's checked in! So:
    • Rey wasn't revealed to be related to Obi-Wan in TLJ, so @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 owes @BookExogorth a week of advertising in her siggy and a poem (or whatever you two agree upon).
    • Kylo didn't return to the light in TLJ, but he also didn't cause the death of a major protagonist, so @brodiew and I both owe each other a fic-gift.
    • Leia didn't die in TLJ, so @Ewok Poet owes BookEx a fic-gift.
    Please post the links to the fic-gifts when they're up, I'll index them in post #3.

(The open bets weren't taken up, so whether the person who placed them won or lost nobody owes anybody anything 8-} )

9. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Oh, I was remembering this bet and thinking, "Oh how funny, Kylo did cause a major character death."

10. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Hello, @Chyntuck! How do we determine each other's fic-gift. Are they related to the terms of the bet or do we communicate via PM?

11. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    @brodiew I was just opening a PM convo with you now :)

@BookExogorth Whose death do you have in mind? Because I'd say that many deaths are linked to Kylo (obviously, I mean, he's the villain, right?) but I find it difficult to argue that he *caused* a protagonist's death.

12. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I was just thinking how funny it was that he was responsible for a major character death, just not a protagonist. Nothing really bet related.

Chyntuck likes this.
  13. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Not sure whether to be excited or sad that no one did a counter bet with me since i am sure I would have to pay up since in my opinion it was left ambiguous.

i was looking forward to sharing.

BookExogorth likes this.
  14. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Hello @Chyntuck! This thread shall Rise again! With the trailer and Title for Episode 9 being released today, it could required a fair amount of speculation and supposition as to who and or what that name in the Title is referring to. I know you have not been as present on the boards lately, but this could 'pull you back in'. I think it would be fun to put the betting pool back in action. Or adjust the challenge to simply writing speculation fics. I hope all is well with you and you come back soon. [:D]

BookExogorth likes this.
  15. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A little story competition based on bad interpretations of the contents of the trailer could be fun.

16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I bet a week (or possibly more, depending on how lazy I am) of advertising your fic in my siggy, and a poem that Finn is

related to Lando