main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Fanfic Writer's Help and Information Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by rogue11lovesjag, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katz

katz Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2008
    Hello helpers!

I am a new member, joined a few days ago. I have a story about 99% finshed. Here is where I am needing more info.

Question: I am looking for a planet/city, that has the best medical facility with all the departments. You know such as heart (cardiac), cancer center, robotics center, pulminary..etc...then my story is complete.

I am so wanting to get this posted to share my thoughts about the characters to you all.

Thanks so much!!

katz

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If your story is set pre-Yuzhan Vong invasion era, I would say you could use Coruscant. It's bound to have a facility or facilities with what you need. Set your facility away from the Senate/Jedi Temple
    area (which we've seen in the films) and you're probably safe.

3. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    What color is Kyp's lightsaber in Destiny's Way/NJO era?

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Is there a phrase equivalent to 'bee's knees' or 'cat's meow/whiskers' or something like that?

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Is there a species that's similar to a badger? I looked on wookiepedia but the only thing I found was a reference to a 'badger-like creature' which didn't help.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Most of my books are packed up. :( Does anyone remember who is older, Ryoo or Pooja? They're Padme's nieces.

Thanks! [:D]

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Ryoo is older than Pooja.

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Thanks! [:D] That helps a lot!

9. Aleria

Aleria Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2007
    I got an idea for a Challenge. How and where should I post it?

10. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Last I checked, challenges were still approved by mods, so I would PM one of the Fantastic Four with your idea for their approval. Then if okayed, you would post here in the resource thread.

11. Aleria

Aleria Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2007
    Thank you for the advice. I made the request and hopefully it'll come through! [face_praying]

12. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Anyone know where Luke and Mara went to for their honeymoon?

13. Rigil_Kent

Rigil_Kent Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2004
    Based on the direction of the profic afterwards, I'd hazard a guess and say the Mirror Universe ... ;)

Sorry. Couldn't help myself...

14. Aggie

Aggie Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2008
    (1) If our Earth were to be incorporated into the Star Wars galaxy, am I correct in my assumption it would be located in the Middle Rim?

(2) What is the orbital ship / device called that assists small ships in reaching Hyperspace? This technology is used in AotC and RotS.

15. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Jaina_and_Jag: Anyone know where Luke and Mara went to for their honeymoon?

*checks Wookieepedia*

Hmm, there doesn't seem to be any information on that. Go ahead and make things up, I say. :D

Aggie: (1) If our Earth were to be incorporated into the Star Wars galaxy, am I correct in my assumption it would be located in the Middle Rim?

*checks location of Earth*

*compares it with GFFA map*

The Earth is about two-thirds of the way out from the galaxy's core, so I would say it's either on the outer edge of the Middle Rim or the inner edge of the Outer Rim.

However, you can put it wherever you like to fit your story's needs.

(2) What is the orbital ship / device called that assists small ships in reaching Hyperspace? This technology is used in AotC and RotS.

*checks Wookieepedia*

It's called a hyperdrive ring. Or also a hyperdrive booster ring, or hyperdrive transport ring.

- lazy

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    My apologies if this has been asked before, but I looked through the posts here, and couldn't find a question for my specific question: In the Jedi Order just prior to the PT, what would a thirteen-year-old initiate who has not been chosen have been trained in? Would he/she have any force powers? I'm sure they would know how to block their thoughts and keep from sensing other's emotions and thoughts from an early age... otherwise it would be total chaos in the Temple. [face_laugh]

17. Goddess-Jaina-Redick

Goddess-Jaina-Redick Jedi Knight star 4

May 5, 2005
    What are the winter festivites on Coruscant? I remember reading somewhere that there was a whole week with specific days of celebration, but I can't find anything about that. Someone let me know if I'm crazy or if it actually exists. (Links would be awesome. :p )

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
  19. Goddess-Jaina-Redick

Goddess-Jaina-Redick Jedi Knight star 4

May 5, 2005
    Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!! That is exactly what I was looking for. It seemed that no matter what I typed in the search box I couldn't find it.

20. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Does anybody know what colour C'baoth lightsaber has?

21. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    In the spirit of being no help at all I would offer that his lightsaber was either blue or green:p

I actually don't think Jorus C'baoth has ever actually ignited his lightsaber in the EU. Obviously his clone was partial to the lightning, but even in Outbound Flight I don't recall him arming himself.

He stops a missle with the Force and does a lot of Battle Meditating, but no lightsabering I can remember.[face_thinking]

I think its the fact that Zahn kinda based him on Palpatine from ROTJ. He's so strong he doesn't even use a lightsaber, though he must have one.

Maybe he's ashamed to use it cause it's pink.:p

22. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Thanks Rob.
    I will consider pink now.:p Just one more reason to dislike C'baoth.

23. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    I have a question reguarding the GFFA alphabet:

During some research for a fic I came across this extremely helpful Star Wars alphabet, which includes different names for each letter ("usk" "enth", etc). However, in the movies the names of droids are pronounced with Earth sounds (Artoo, Threepio) as opposed to their true GFFA sounds (aurek two, cresh 3 peth osk). Is there a reason for this, or just movie/book continuum errors?

. . . did that make any sense at all? :p Thanks!

24. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Where is the location of the Galactic Alliance Senate? Where do they do all their political stuff?

25. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Myriad_Daydreams: However, in the movies the names of droids are pronounced with Earth sounds (Artoo, Threepio) as opposed to their true GFFA sounds (aurek two, cresh 3 peth osk). Is there a reason for this, or just movie/book continuum errors?

Ask a geeky question . . . :D

The main reason is that at the time of the OT, Aurebesh didn't exist - please read the SW Wiki article for details.

I like to think that English doesn't exist in the GFFA, and that what we hear in the movies are merely translations (with appropriate CG tweaks for lip-syncing, of course :) ).

Besides, the X-wings, Y-wings, etc. look nothing at all like their corresponding Aurebesh letters.

[b]Earthknight[/b]: [i]Where is the location of the Galactic Alliance Senate? Where do they do all their political stuff?[/i]

For most of the GFFA's known history, the center of galactic politics has been [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Coruscant#History]Coruscant[/link]. The only exception seems to be during the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion, when the capital was temporarily transferred to [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Denon]Denon[/link] for a year or so.

- lazy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.