main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fanfiction Interview Thread - Current Interview: Vehn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Feb 6, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    For the first, dolphins. I like their demeanor and the ocean environment.
    Pandas and [face_laugh] penguins and otters. [face_mischief]

2. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    What's your favorite book from the Legends EU?

Do you have any favorite pairings for Star Trek that are fanon? (I'm curious because while L/M and H/L are obvious faves, you give a lot of fanon pairings a chance too. I don't know ST well enough to guess which pairings there are canon or not, beyond Spock/Uhura.)

Any supporting Star Trek characters that you would like to see a spinoff movie or book about?

Borrowing from the Music thread a bit, but are there any particular songs/artists that you like to listen to when plotting or writing fanfic? (In any fandom!)

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Scenario: the internet is about to go out for 6 months. What 1 entire TV series do you download to watch for that entire 6 months?

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Non humanoid species are fun. Best non-humanoid sentient species' in SW?

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in ST?

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in other fandoms?

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What's your favorite book from the Legends EU?
    From a particular series: Balance Point from the NJO; Vision of the Future from the Hand of Thrawn duology; Survivor's Quest as a standalone.

Do you have any favorite pairings for Star Trek that are fanon? (I'm curious because while L/M and H/L are obvious faves, you give a lot of fanon pairings a chance too. I don't know ST well enough to guess which pairings there are canon or not, beyond Spock/Uhura.)
    Not particularly. It is not as expansive as SW and the fanon pairings I've been introduced to here are so marvelous! They fit right into the tapestry of EC/EC. ;)

Any supporting Star Trek characters that you would like to see a spinoff movie or book about?
    Uhura, McCoy, Chapel, Sarek. [face_laugh] Quite a bit. [face_love]

Borrowing from the Music thread a bit, but are there any particular songs/artists that you like to listen to when plotting or writing fanfic? (In any fandom!)
    Artists, no. But I love listening to easy listening/jazzy tunes in the background to inspire a mood or get an idea from a lyric.

Scenario: the internet is about to go out for 6 months. What 1 entire TV series do you download to watch for that entire 6 months?
    Probably Clone Wars or Rebels.

Non humanoid species are fun. Best non-humanoid sentient species' in SW?
    Fascinated by the Barabel.

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in ST?
    Not sure.

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in other fandoms?
    I like dragons and other winged steeds.

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Best dragons?

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ones I'm most familiar with and fondest of are the ones in "Dragonriders of Pern"

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What about the Barabels fascinates you ?

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Their strength and ferocity but also the fact that Saba Sebatyne was Force sensitive and had Jedi skills. :cool:

10. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    What's your favorite SW creature?
    Favorite Earth animal or plant?

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have you read the Temeraire series? If yes, what did you think of it and its dragons?

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What's your favorite SW creature?
    LOL I wasn't familiar with them until @Raissa Baiard introduced me to one, but it's a roba named Frugly. [face_mischief]

Favorite Earth animal or plant?
    Dolphins for the animals; damask roses for the plant. They have a long histry and are gorgeous.
    Article description here

Have you read the Temeraire series? If yes, what did you think of it and its dragons?
    No, but I have heard of the series and probably will dive into it soonish.

13. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    What's the hardest thing about writing for you?

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any podcast you would like to recommend?

What kind of Force traditions would you like to see appear in the new canon?

What other fandoms are you highly interested in?

What would you like to see in the future of SW?

What kind of things would you like people writing about in the fanon-thread?

What kind of things do you think the old EU was bad at creating or providing information about that you think would have existed or you find yourself needing for stories?

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What's the hardest thing about writing for you?
    Hmmm. Usually, it's writing space battles/action. Wrapping up a story can be hard as you want to not rush but not drag either. ;)

Any podcast you would like to recommend?
    Not really... when I go to YouTube it's mostly for music (jazz and standards) or for how-to videos.

What kind of Force traditions would you like to see appear in the new canon?
    Perhaps those utilizing the Living Force or those that are more compassion-driven.

What other fandoms are you highly interested in?
    I adore Star Trek and Tolkien.

What would you like to see in the future of SW?
    I am looking forward to the High Republic trilogy due to begin in late August of this year. It deals with Jedi history (so it sounds like) more in the vein of the Jedi as we saw in the prequels, i.e., centralized as to their temple and seeing teams of Padawans and Masters on missions. Hopefully, they won't be as in the pocket of the government as we saw even beginning in the PT. :p

What kind of things would you like people writing about in the fanon-thread?
    I always enjoy factoids about worlds and cultures, as to legends and belief systems.

What kind of things do you think the old EU was bad at creating or providing information about that you think would have existed or you find yourself needing for stories?
    As a shameless romantic and one who loves introspective pieces, more details on the motivations of everyday folks as well as the heroes and some happy-ever-afterness. [face_mischief]

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Can you expand on your answer?

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    It's not a tradition per se but it's more of a reaction to a crisis. Obi-Wan is more likely (as is Luke) to react with compassion and the needs of the immediate situation; certain ones on the Jedi Council like Master Windu would be more likely to stick to the rules rigidly rather than as guidelines whether they fit the situation or not. [face_thinking]

18. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Some LOTR questions:

1. Who is your favorite hobbit and why?
    2. Which LOTR species (hobbit, elf, dwarf, etc.) is your favorite and why?
    3. If you could live anywhere in Middle Earth, where would it be and why?
    4. Do you have a favorite LOTR pairings? If so, which couple is it and why?

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @devilinthedetails -- hi! [:D] !!

1. Who is your favorite hobbit and why?
    Frodo -- he got caught up in events that Bilbo got ensnared with and with no small bit of loyal help from friends and allies, triumphed.

2. Which LOTR species (hobbit, elf, dwarf, etc.) is your favorite and why?
    The Elves -- their history is rich; they have wisdom and courage that help them withstand the Dark forces throughout the Ages.

3. If you could live anywhere in Middle Earth, where would it be and why?
    OMG. Lothlorien! Always! :D I love the fact that it is unspoiled - barricaded against encroachment.

4. Do you have a favorite LOTR pairings? If so, which couple is it and why?
    Galadriel and Celebron [face_love] and Arwen and Aragorn. The latter mirror Beren and Luthien in many respects. They had to wait a LOOOOONG time for the fruition of their hopes. Eowyn and Faramir -- oh this is one awesome pairing! Both courageous and fierce but with one another :) [face_sigh]

gizkaspice, Gamiel, divapilot and 2 others like this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Best non-Tolkien interpretation of halflings? And why?

Best non-Tolkien interpretation of elves? And why?

Best non-Tolkien interpretation of orcs? And why?

devilinthedetails likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Halflings: Haven't read anything that featured those.

Elves: Long time ago, read some of the Shannara books. Those were well plotted and rich in worldbuilding.

Orcs: Didn't know those were featured outside of Tolkien. [face_thinking]

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    o_O

Orcs are one of the standard enemies in most fantasy RPG:sand have appeared in many comics, tabletop games, video-games and books, among other.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  23. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Not just enemies tough, if you look at Blizzard, The Elder Scrolls, Spellforce all have Orcs as just another race, maybe a bit more rough and martial than others, who interact with the others in normal ways. So more like I guess the Klingons rather than TolkienĀ“s Orcs.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha What is your favourite scene in each SW movie?

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Anedon -- LOL Mention of Klingons makes me think that I like their straightforward stance towards their enemies versus the Romulans who are just devious and sneaky :p

As for scenes, I go more for character-driven things, that is to say, in the OT movies, I enjoy most the scenes between Han and Leia and Yoda and Luke as they feature the growth of the character and also the process of the relationship.

For the PT, I'm fascinated by the undertones as we see the machinations of Sidious who the audience knows is the Chancellor but no one else does. Also intrigued by Anakin's ensnarement ... we all know how it has to turn out because of the OT, but it's interesting to think what would've happened IF Obi-Wan was able to stop the train wreck. That is why fanfiction AUs are so interesting, as they explore this.

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I never said that they appeared as enemies in the non-RPG:s (like video-games, which I think is the category all your examples belong to), just that they were a standard enemy most fantasy RPG:s.

Maybe I should have put an comma after the "and" to make that clearer.