main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fanfiction Interview Thread - Current Interview: Vehn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Feb 6, 2020.

1. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    CAT QUESTIONS!
    Do you think cats should wear cute hats? Why or Why not?
    Who in SW (any period) do you think is more of a cat or a dog person and why?
    Opinion about loth-cats?

Other:
    What other fandoms do you like?
    Do you think a goose could beat Kylo Ren?
    Do you think Mando is a cat-person? Would he watch cat videos in his spare time with Baby Yoda?

2. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    CAT QUESTIONS!

Short answer:

Longer answer: No cat on this earth has ever voluntarily worn a hat, no matter how cute. You're not doing it for them, you're doing it to take a "cute" photograph for your entertainment, because you're forgetting the first rule here: It's not about you, it's about them. To quote my father, when I showed him a picture of a cat wearing a Sherlock Holmes style cap in an etsy review praising said hat: "I don't care what that person says. That cat is not comfortable, and it is not happy. You can see how it has that one ear laid flat. That hat is goofy. If you want to get one, go ahead and waste your money, but when April turns into a white whirlwind of claws and teeth on you, don't come crying to me when you get cut."

(Okay, he didn't actually say that last bit, but he approves of the sentiment.)

Though to be honest, I was once guilty, years ago, of getting a little Santa hat with a white beard attached and putting it on my cats. They all knocked it off within seconds, but that was still a few seconds they had to waste getting rid of it. Which led to my coming up with this bit of whimsy, based off the "Cell Block Tango" from Chicago.

She has it coming
    She has it coming
    She put a Santa hat on me
    If you'd a been there
    If you'd a seen it
    I know that you'd agree
    She has it coming...

Honestly, I can't imagine any of the Star Wars characters doing something so mundane as having a pet of any sort--that's probably because they're fictional characters, who tend not to have pets, and when they do, the animal is generally killed off at some point in order to teach everyone a lesson about mortality (yes, I was traumatized by both Old Yeller and Where the Red Fern Grows at a young age, and as soon as I even see an animal, especially a cat, show up in a narrative, I get wary, because trust me: the animal nearly always with a few rare exceptions dies), and because they're in a space opera where the plot doesn't have much room for that sort of mundane daily stuff.

Opinion about loth-cats?

I have only the vaguest idea of what they are--so no, I can't say I have any opinions at all on them.

Other:

There are many books, and much fewer movies and tv shows, that I enjoy, but I'm not part of any other fandoms. This one is all that I'm able to handle.

Probably--especially if it had even five minutes of combat training.

Do you think Mando is a cat-person? Would he watch cat videos in his spare time with Baby Yoda?

I have no idea. Yes, I know that's a boring answer--but I couldn't make it through even five minutes of the first episode of The Mandalorian before I gave up on it, so I'm not qualified to comment here.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    My apologies again for neglecting this thread. Real life has been beating up on me again lately.

With that apology out of the way, I'd like to announce that there is one day left to ask @Pandora all your questions.

Then, I will begin interviewing @Raissa Baiard on Saturday! So be sure to check out the thread then to start asking @Raissa Baiard some excellent questions:)

And, thus, ends this latest public service announcement! [face_peace]

Kahara and Raissa Baiard like this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU and why?

What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

Which one/s of the new non-human races we have seen in the ST and the NEU would you like to know more about?

Which background character/s in the ST deserve to get his/her story told?

5. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    1. What is your favorite thing about Star Wars? (Or, what about SW keeps you coming back to/staying involved in the fandom?)

2. What are some movies or TV shows outside of SW that you enjoy?

3. Do you have any favorite messed-up romantic pairings? If so, who?

6. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    Gamiel

What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU and why?

It turns out that I know so little of the Legendary EU that I had to do a google search to answer this one (this thread came up in it, by the way). Anyhow, I believe I will go with the Witches of Dathomir, the non-Clone Wars version. They could still study with the Jedi, as at least several of them did in the EU--though there should be more conflict given that they would tend to be the female versions of the worst sexist ****s on twitter, unless of course Disney changes that--but they wouldn't necessarily all go on to become Jedi Knights. It would be about learning from different traditions.

Oh wait--since this would be part of the new EU, which I pretend does not exist, most of this would only be happening in the fanfiction. That is, the actually decent fanfiction written for free and read for free online, not the paid stuff. I know I sound mean and salty, but I have to be honest.

What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

Sadly, I can't think of even one--all of the non-humans (and I am not counting humanoids here) that I know of from the EU have at least some description.

Which one/s of the new non-human races we have seen in the ST and the NEU would you like to know more about?

Loth-cats?

Those two girls (and by girls, of course, I mean grown women) who kissed in the background of the very end of The Rise of Skywalker, of course!

Well, they're as good a choice as any. And I'm just glad to hear that someone has a personal life in this galaxy of man-children and brainwashed workaholic automatons and bitter asocial hermits.

----------------------------------------

ViariSkywalker

1. What is your favorite thing about Star Wars? (Or, what about SW keeps you coming back to/staying involved in the fandom?)

The reason that I came to writing Star Wars fanfiction, and the reason I'm still around, has to be because the galaxy far far away is such a big place. There are so many worlds you see but a tiny part of in the movies during the planet-hopping required of space opera heroes (and there's no reason to then go on, as people do, and assume the entire world looks exactly like that one place) and even more worlds in the EU that have only a name and a brief description. The story of the Star Wars movies, of the Skywalker Saga, is just one story amongst the many in the galaxy, and even of the time period of the rebellion against the short-lived empire the Galactic Republic became.

Personally, I think of my work more as Galaxy Far Far Away fanfiction, since it's oftentimes, if not always, based more off the world than the story of the movies. It makes sense to me, even if--the few times I have previously attempted to explain it--it didn't seem to make sense to anyone else.

Anyway: the world of Star Wars is so big that there's room for everyone to spread out and worldbuild and invent and tell different stories. Most fanfiction writers tend to focus more on the group of main characters from the movies/etc., and that's a big motivation for fanfiction writing, to be sure--but you don't have to. You can create an entire world from that place that was just a name mentioned in passing in an EU book that is now relegated to legends status. You can invent the places on Tatooine and Hoth that are on the other side of the planet from the movie.

You can write domestic fiction about nameless nobodies where they never leave town, let alone the planet, and there's nary a space battle overhead in sight--and get away with it. Oh sure, the readers won't be coming in droves, but you can be unpopular when you're writing for free. And the galaxy needs its Jane Austen stories as well as its action & adventure ones.

2. What are some movies or TV shows outside of SW that you enjoy?

I am not at all a film aficionado (I last saw a movie in the cinema--the Coen Brothers' adaptation of True Grit--in December 2010) but I do have a few favorites. My favorite movie, the last time I answered that question, was Ed Wood, which is still one of my favorites, and I suppose that revealed too much about me. One of my favorite TV shows is Blackadder, and that also probably reveals too much. The last TV show I enjoyed--though the definition of such has changed since Netflix streamed its first show and took binge-watching to a new level--has to be Stranger Things. It's the only show I have really gotten into in the last five years, and yes, that is partly because--spoiler alert--a middle-aged woman who is far more than just The Mom saves the world at the end of season 3.

3. Do you have any favorite messed-up romantic pairings? If so, who?

That would be your Darth Festus and Allana, of course.

Besides that: I realized that most of the time, I can't find the actual dynamics that appeal both to the worst parts of my id and to my interests as an amateur social anthropologist in fiction, and the only way I can get them is to write it myself. And I think I should probably refrain from discussing characters who--besides being messed up people in Relationship Nos--are in handwritten stories in a storage bin that I will never type up, and no one else shall ever read.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite kind/s of world/s or environment/s in science-fiction media?

Least favoured kind/s of world/s or environment/s in science-fiction media?

We know that many of SW's non-humans can be described as a humanised version of an Earth animal (cats are really overrepresented) and I was wondering what Earth animal/s would you like to see being turned into SW's non-humans? And why?

What non-SW but Disney created/owned non-humans would you like to see in SW?

What non-SW non-humans that are in the public domain would you like to see in SW?

8. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    My turn is almost done, so: thanks for asking questions, everyone. If you still want to ask me something, I am a night person, so you have a few more hours.

-------------------------------------------------

Gamiel

My preferred world would be one with forests and mountains, and ancient castle ruins and plenty of work left for archeologists, but also with a variety of other terrain--I mean, my county alone has more geographical diversity than some entire space opera worlds, including the legions of "temperate" ones (consisting entirely of grassy plains, no oceans, no lakes no rivers?) in the Star Wars Essential Guide to Planets and Moons.

An ecumenopolis--that is, a planet that is "all one city." New York City (a city I have never once visited but which has dominated the stories I know for my entire life, and yes, my brother does live in Brooklyn but he can meet me at the Catskills, as I ain't getting closer than that) on steroids.

We know that many of SW's non-humans can be described as a humanised version of an Earth animal (cats are really overrepresented) and I was wondering what Earth animal/s would you like to see being turned into SW's non-humans? And why?

Well, first of all, I disagree that cats are overrepresented. Strongly disagree, as that is not at all possible. (It's late, and this isn't the time, but: someday I should go into my thoughts about how to portray feline aliens who are solitary territorial predators, like most cats actually are, instead of furred humans with tails who live in community packs.)

As for another earth animal, I'm going to have to go with the wolverine. The only problem is that I like them as they are, and not as bi-pedal humanized aliens who can become Jedi and Senators. So I would like them in the galaxy far far away, but just as the ferocious animals--they weight but around thirty pounds and they have been known to fight a bear over a carcass and live to tell about it--they are.

*Stares blankly at screen for a minute*

Goofy, maybe?

What non-SW non-humans that are in the public domain would you like to see in SW?

[I can't think of anything right now, but if I do, I will edit this answer at that time.]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If I rember that book rigth did they show most of those planets with seas and lakes in the illustration, even if they did not mention it in the description

Kahara and devilinthedetails like this.
  10. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    @Gamiel : I'm looking at my copy right now (the 1998 pre-prequels edition, so you may have seen a later and different one) and yes, many of the planets do appear to have bodies of waters (mostly oceans, as I don't think lakes would show from orbit). I guess I went a bit too far in my mockery in that quote. The one that I find most striking is Alderaan. It is depicted as being a near endless expanse of grass with dark patches meant to signify "small seas"--yet the actual Alderaan as seen in A New Hope is a gleaming blue planet that much resembles our own. I guess someone in the EU missed that detail...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  11. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Happy Saturday, everyone! Hope everybody is enjoying their weekend!:)

A big thank you to @Pandora for an excellent and insightful interview, and thanks to everybody who asked such wonderful questions and helped keep this thread alive=D=

Next up, we have the opportunity to interview the amazing @Raissa Baiard[face_dancing]

@Raissa Baiard

1. What is your favorite part of Star Wars New Canon (TV show, movie, book, etc.) and why is it is your favorite?

2. If you had the power to make any one thing Star Wars canon, what would it be and why?

3. What about writing fan fiction brings you the most joy?

4. Do you and your family have any special Halloween traditions?

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Best dressed in PT?

Best dressed in OT?

Best dressed in ST?

Best dressed in the old EU?

Best dressed in the new EU?

SW culture with the best fashion sense? And why?

13. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Thank you! It’s a pleasure to be here :)

@devilinthedetails :
    1. What is your favorite part of Star Wars New Canon (TV show, movie, book, etc.) and why is it is your favorite?
    It’s probably pretty obvious that my favorite part of New Canon is Rebels! :D It’s really what got me back into Star Wars after a long hiatus during the NJO years. SW has always been my “comfort food” of movies and books, and I didn’t enjoy the darker tone that the novels had taken. But Rebels felt like SW again; it was fun, sometimes funny, sometimes sad, but always full of heart. It picks up on the main themes of SW: redemption, hope, family, and the triumph of good over evil. And the characters—I love the Spectres, all of them, even the murderbot! Their character development throughout the series is top-notch, probably the best of any in SW.

2. If you had the power to make any one thing Star Wars canon, what would it be and why?
    Oooh….unlimited power…BWAHAHAHA :emperor: Ok, sorry…ahem. Well, I suppose that would depend on whether it can be something that would greatly affect the rest of canon. If so, Kanan would live, so he and Hera can have their happily ever after with Jacen. Obviously that would have a butterfly effect on the rest of canon, though. If the rest of canon has to remain mostly unchanged, I would have Sabine and Ahsoka go after Ezra immediately following RotJ. He deserves better than to possibly be exiled to the Unknown Regions for ten years. (And they would do it in an animated series with the original voices, though that’s a separate issue….)

3. What about writing fan fiction brings you the most joy?
    Oh, gosh…that’s a hard thing to put into words. I guess I’d have to say it’s the process of creating—taking an idea and building it into something that I can share with others—and making the characters I love come to life in that process.

4. Do you and your family have any special Halloween traditions?
    Not really, other than Trick or Treating with the (not-so)Youngling. She has always loved dressing up; I think she enjoys that aspect of Halloween more than getting candy.

@Gamiel
    Best dressed in PT?
    It’s cliché, but I’m going to have to go with Padmé, especially if you include all of her outfits from The Clone Wars. She has an outfit for every occasion; apparently Naboo gives their Senator a wardrobe allowance.

Best dressed in OT?
    Leia—the Yavin medal ceremony dress, the Bespin dress, even the Ewok village dress.

Best dressed in ST?
    The master code breaker :D The Canto Bight scene might not have accomplished much in terms of plot, but I did love the 1940s black-and-white elegance of his outfit.

Best dressed in the old EU?
    Hmm, gosh…it has been many years since I have been into the old EU/Legends, so…um, Mara Jade? I like the green outfit she wears on the cover of Vision of the Future.

Best dressed in the new EU?
    Kazuda Xiono and Venisa Doza, because I 10/10 would wear either of their jackets.

SW culture with the best fashion sense? And why?
    Hmm, that’s a tough one, because I’m not sure I know enough different cultures to give a good answer. The Naboo are definitely tops at making high-fashion, but I kind of admire the Mandalorian practicality in fashion. They know what they like and stick with it. Everyday wear? Armor. Formal wear? Armor. Sleep wear? I don’t know, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was also armor [face_laugh]

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

15. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    @Gamiel
    I like forest and grassland/agricultural worlds, probably because where I live is split between deciduous forests and farmland/prairie so those types of worlds seem the most hospitable to me. Plus we see so many extreme worlds in sci-fi that it’s nice to someplace temperate and livable.

Gritty, polluted urban dystopias. Pretty much the opposite of everything I like about pastoral worlds—they’re grim, depressing and usually full of horrible characters.

Some totally random suggestions: llamas! The GFFA needs more ungulates, and I think they would make some elegantly supercilious senators with a propensity to spit when discussions get heated. Wombats—why does every non-human species need to be Human sized? Why not some short, tubby, slightly grumpy looking marsupials? Axolotls—look alien and cool, have a GFFA-ready species name, and would fill a need for amphibious species.

This:
    [​IMG]

Also, I just learned that the planet Koozebane from the Muppet Show appeared in the Star Wars Essential Atlas, so we definitely need to see some Koozbanians.
    Umm…hmm… Grey aliens? Maybe?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

17. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    @Gamiel
    Well, the only non-Jedi/Sith Force tradition I really know from Legends is the Witches of Dathomir, which has already appeared in The Clone Wars and Fallen Order (and a tiny bit in Rebels), so can I suggest a non-Canon Force tradition that recently appeared in SW Visions that I would like to see more of? In “The Village Bride”, we get a glimpse of the planet Keelia, and its nature-based Force tradition, which its inhabitants call the Magina. The planet itself is capable of preserving and replaying memories of events that happened on it. There is a sacred cave where a young couple exchange their wedding vows, which end with “May the Magina rise”, after which they (and the Jedi who is observing them) experience a flashback of themselves as children playing. I would love to know more about this Force tradition.

There doesn’t seem to be much on the Mrissi and Mrlissi, and I think the GFFA could use more depictions of avian species.

I would say the Lasat, but I like the fanon that @Findswoman and I have developed for them, and I’m just as happy not to have Canon get in the way of it :p
    So how about the Lanai from Ach-to? The TLJ Visual Guide gives some interesting tidbits about them, particularly how their society is split by gender roles with the males spending months at sea while the women stay on land as Caretakers.

Going with the above answer: Alcida Auka, matron of the Judgemental Fish Nuns….er, Caretakers. We need the story of how she reacted when bitter hermit Luke turned up on Ach-to and took up residence in the abandoned Jedi village. I like to think she had limited tolerance for his self-pity and kept plying him with fish chowder and home remedies until he finally relented and stopped wallowing in his guilt quite so much.

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture and why?

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

If you could change something in SW, what would it be?

What SF technology that have not appeared in SW would you like to see appear?

Fandoms beside SW you are part of/follow?

What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?

19. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hi there, @Raissa Baiard ! Since I love your ideas about Alcida-Auka and her fish chowder (a good use for that aqua-colored thala-siren milk and cream), and since @Gamiel just asked about savory pies, I’ll ask a food-related question, too: what are your favorite foods to cook, and are you game to share any of their recipes? :D

20. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    @Gamiel
    Favourite non-human species and why?
    Twi’leks. Because I am one on a part-time basis :D
    [​IMG]
    Favourite SW culture and why?
    I’ve actually developed a fondness for the Mandalorians lately, because they’re so well developed. I’ve come to appreciate that they’re more than just bounty hunters and mercenaries. They’ve got a code that emphasizes honor and family (in whatever form that takes), and I really like how their culture emphasizes that giving your all in service of your clan and the Mand’alor is the basic expectation. I’ve also enjoyed playing around with the Mando’a language and I can swear quite fluently in it :D

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    Well, if we’re bringing Koozebane into the GFFA, then I present to you: the Muppetborn:
    Muppetborn
    Fabric? Is that all I am to you? My blood may be colorful and glittery, but I bleed nonetheless. My people have long struggled to be taken seriously, it is why so many of us turn to our faith, our creator: The Hand. It is a force within all of us that guides our actions and speaks through all Muppetborn. The war of my people is far from over, and it will be the bloodiest yet. Waka waka.

– Fuzzwhizzle Plumpytops, Hand of The Grouch

Fuzzy And Warm
    A proud and silly race, Muppetborn are chaotic creatures known for innate magical abilities. Born appearing as small balls of cloth, they quickly develop into creatures that resemble humans, animals, and even monsters…but that doesn't make them evil. Easily spotted by their colorful furs, most Muppetborn who live outside their clans or "Streets" frequently find themselves uninvited from "proper" civilization due to their odd habits. But really, is it a party without a Muppetborn swinging from the chandelier?

Muppetborn Traits
    Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution and Dexterity increase by one.
    Age. At birth, they resemble small balls of colorful fabric with googly eyes, but quickly sprout limbs and mature at roughly double the speed of humans. The average Muppetborn lives for 60 to 90 years, however some have lived well past 300.
    Alignment. Imbued with sporadic energy, Muppetborn often live on the chaotic end of the spectrum.
    Size. As varied as the thoughts in their heads, the smallest Muppetborn rest just shy of two feet tall while some are large enough to sink even the sturdiest of rowboats.
    Speed. Your base shuffling speed is 30 feet.
    Always Obscured. No matter how you look at them, a Muppetborn's bottom half is always out of view. It's said that even when one stands in the middle of a field, the earth will rise up to meet them. For this reason, they are always considered to have half cover and receive a permanent +2 bonus to AC
    The Hand. Muppetborn mythology speaks of The Hand inside each of them. They innately know the cantrip Mage Hand, however the floating hand can only lift up to five pounds and move up to five feet per character level.
    Nom Nom Nom. Muppetborn absorb the energy from food without ever having to swallow it.
    Cloth And Color. All Muppetborn know the cantrip "Mending" and once per long rest it can be used to heal 1d8 hitpoints. This increases to twice per long rest at 5th level, three times at 10th level, four times at 14th level, and five times at 18th level
    Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common, Clothing, and Ventrillo.
    Subrace. Three main subraces of Muppetborn exist: Hand of The Monster, Hand of The Grouch, and Hand of The Animal. Pick one for your character.

Hand of The Monster +1 Charisma Increase
    Yaaaaay. At 3rd level, you can perform the mighty roar of The Monster as a bonus action once per short rest. This gives a +5 bonus to the next attack each of your allies within 60 feet makes, as long as they do so in the next minute. Additionally, any ally that makes a Wisdom or Charisma saving throw in the next minute does so with advantage.

Hand of The Grouch +1 Strength Increase.
    Garbage 'Can', Not Garbage 'Cannot'. At 3rd level, you've learned to fortify yourself amongst the lowest of society and gain proficiency in medium and heavy armor. Additionally, you do not make stealth checks at disadvantage while wearing heavy armor if moving at half speed or slower. Finally, you gain advantage on stealth checks if blending in with filth or garbage.

Hand of The Animal +1 Wisdom Increase.
    One Of Us. Many Muppetborn resemble animals. From birth, they have have advantage on animal handling checks with these animals and can communicate with them. At 3rd level, they can communicate with similar types of animals, and can also cast Beast Bond once per short or long rest without using a spell slot.

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    Well, I quite enjoyed the way the various shorts in SW Visions brought a distinctly Japanese viewpoint to the GFFA. “The Duel” in particular brought the imagery of Japanese art into play with its black and white (with occasional splashes of red) color palette. It was like an ink wash scroll come to life, crossed with the film “crackle” of an old samurai movie, and the story played with the idea of lightsaber wielding ronin and a Sith bandit queen.

If you could change something in SW, what would it be?
    Kanan Jarrus lives!:kanan:

What SF technology that have not appeared in SW would you like to see appear?
    Umm…the Infinite Improbability Drive from Hitchhikers’ Guide to the Galaxy? 8-}

Fandoms beside SW you are part of/follow?
    Star Wars is pretty much it for me. It’s really the only thing I’m involved in the fandom of rather than being a casual fan.

What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?
    Chicken. My mom’s chicken pot pie is definite comfort food.

I’m afraid I’ve become a pretty boring cook over the past year and a half. We started doing grocery pick up because of Covid and we have developed a standing order. I feel like I cook the same basic meals every week—Mexican, pasta, burgers, chicken… I do make my own taco seasoning, for whatever that’s worth:

1 tsp chili powder
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp coriander
    2 tsp cumin
    1 tsp corn starch

Works well with ground beef or poultry!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  21. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    CAT QUESTIONS!
    Opinion about loth-cats?

Other:
    Do you think Kanan Jarrus is a cat-person? If yes, specify best cat for him and which hat would his best cat wear if applicable?
    Favourite animals/plants?

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Raissa Baiard: -- :D @};- [:D]

~~

Favorite sweet snack?

Pancakes or waffles?

Favorite burger toppings?

When you write, do you need peace and quiet, or do you require background music? If so, what kind?

What is the most challenging and most rewarding part about writing ECs and also OCs?

What type of scenery is most compelling to you: the ocean, mountains, forest?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  23. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    @gizkaspice
    CAT QUESTIONS!

Sorry, but I have to go with @Pandora on this. The cats I have seen in photos all have expressions ranging from “WTF?!?” to “I will end you for this!” I know that my cat (that is, the cat my family had for 17 years, from the time I was 6) would have been on the “I will end you” side, assuming you could get a hat on her in the first place. Which would have been a very large assumption and probably not worth the inevitable scratches and/or bites :p

Ezra is definitely a cat person (or maybe the Loth-cats are Ezra felines. Or both). Hera would be a cat person, too. Sabine, on the other hand, would be a dog person with a scary-looking anooba that is her big slobbery baby. Zeb would be the dad from the meme who emphatically doesn’t want a dog but once the family gets one is going on road trips with it. (Unless of course, it has more than 4 legs, right @Findswoman? ;) ) Chopper kills houseplants. Possibly for fun, no one wants to ask.

Opinion about loth-cats?
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] If I lived in the GFFA I would have one. As it is, I have three plushies and am trying for “crazy Loth-cat lady” status.

Other:
    I’m not really into other fandoms. I’ve read all the Harry Potter books and seen several movies, and am into Disney animation, but SW is the only fandom I participate in.

I grew up living on a lake, so I have a healthy respect for geese, but I’m going to have to put my money on Kylo, simply because he can use the Force and has a lightsaber. Now, if the goose is also a Dark Sider (and I would believe it of Canadian geese), all bets are off..

Do you think Kanan Jarrus is a cat-person? If yes, specify best cat for him and which hat would his best cat wear if applicable? I don’t really see Kanan as a pet person. I think he would tolerate a cat for Ezra and/or Hera’s sake and probably become fond of it, but if he had to pick a pet, it would be a low maintenance fish that he could watch while meditating.

Favourite animals/plants?
    Cats :D I love cats and would have one except that Mr. Baiard is allergic. I’m also fond of rabbits. We have several that live in our yard that I enjoy watching. My favorite plants are perennials like tulips and lilies because I can’t kill them with neglect :p

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    Favorite sweet snack?
    Culver’s frozen custard—pretty much any flavor, though Turtle and Cappuccino Cookie Crumble are two of my particular favorites.

Pancakes or waffles?
    Waffles. At least, I tend to make waffles more often, probably because it’s easier to get out the waffle maker than the griddle.

Favorite burger toppings?
    Provolone cheese, roasted red peppers and barbecue sauce

When you write, do you need peace and quiet, or do you require background music? If so, what kind?
    Oh gosh, well I prefer quiet, but that’s pretty hard to come by these days.

What is the most challenging and most rewarding part about writing ECs and also OCs?
    I’d say the most challenging part of writing ECs is making sure they are in character, even when you put them in situations that are outside of the way they normally appear. You have a lot more latitude with OCs, but I think you still have to make sure you are consistent with their characterization. I think that one challenge with OCs is making them well rounded, neither too perfect nor too flawed.

What type of scenery is most compelling to you: the ocean, mountains, forest?
    I love forests. I grew up with a wooded area and a lake in my backyard and spent a lot of time playing outdoors, climbing up into the crooked tree that served as our “tree house” or just rambling around whittling sticks.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Raissa Baiard --

In the GFFA, what would be your occupation and favorite thing to do to relax?

Do you like roller coasters?

Favorite place you've been on vacation & the place you'd most like to travel to, circumstances allowing?

25. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    What was a compliment you got on a fanfic that was really memorable??