main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fanfiction Interview Thread - Current Interview: Vehn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Feb 6, 2020.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU and why?

What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

Which one/s of the new non-human races we have seen in the ST-movie and the NEU would you like to know more about?

Which background character in TFA, TLJ and TRoS respectively deserve to get his/her/its story told?

2. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Favorite breed of cat or dog or other animal?

If you had to pick a SW animal companion, what would it be and why?

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    If you could only read one book, watch one movie, and watch one TV series for the rest of your life, what would they be?
    Do you have any hobbies other than writing?

4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    @Gamiel

What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU and why? There were several that I can't remember but were mentioned in Legends and as this is my husband's laptop my favorite pages aren't available to me right now

What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about? Ooh, om, that's tough as my memory isn't the best right now and after the Legends were made Legends some information was forgotten and my imagination isn't always the best as sometimes they would describe an alien and I would struggle to imagine them

Which one/s of the new non-human races we have seen in the ST-movie and the NEU would you like to know more about? I would like to learn more about Maz's species.

Which background character in TFA, TLJ and TRoS respectively deserve to get his/her/its story told? I would like to learn more about Maz beyond her age and her past as a pirate.

@gizkaspice

Favorite breed of cat or dog or other animal? Cats I like short haired tabbies and whatever my cat Mara was. Dogs I loved my family's two Border Collies and liked to two Pomeranians that I met; I would like to adopt a Chinese Crested.

If you had to pick a SW animal companion, what would it be and why? A Tooka/Loth-Cat' cats are my favorite animals.

5. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @mavjade

If you could only read one book, watch one movie, and watch one TV series for the rest of your life, what would they be? You're making a book lover choose? How cruel! But I think I could read 'The Final Empire (Mistborn)' for the rest of my life. I can't decide between 'The Empire Strikes Back' and 'The Phantom Menace' and 'Columbo' for the TV Show.

Do you have any hobbies other than writing?
    Does reading count? If not I do enjoy doing stamped cross stitch.

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite parings in SW?

Favourite parings in non-SW fandoms?

Favourite crack parings? In any fandoms.

Any two characters that have great chemistry but should not get together? In any fandom.

devilinthedetails likes this.
  7. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @Gamiel

Favourite parings in SW? Anakin/Padme, Obi-Wan/Satine, Han/Leia, Finn/Rose, Rey/Ben. Legends Luke/Mara and Jaina/Jag

Favourite parings in non-SW fandoms? Vin/Elend (Mistborn they're really cute when they got to know each other)

Favourite crack parings? In any fandoms. I don't have a favorite crack pairing but I know that I have read crack fics with crack pairings that had me laughing but I can't remember what the pairings are.

Any two characters that have great chemistry but should not get together? In any fandom. I know that there are couples in shows/books/movie series where two characters had great chemistry but weren't compatible for whatever reason and didn't feel like they should get together.

My rule of thumb with pairings is as long as they are consenting adults and there's no abuse or manipulation or too many past issues than there should be no issue with the two people getting together

devilinthedetails and Gamiel like this.
  8. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Thoughts on Poldo? (Poe Daemeron/Amilyn Holdo)

9. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I personally don’t care for it and don’t see it (Finn/Poe is more likely even if I feel that it’s more one sided with Poe being interested in Finn but Finn doesn’t feel the same way); though Holdo does seem to like the fact that Poe’s bold.

But if it was handled well or full on crack and well written crack I might enjoy it.

Who knows, I might find that I enjoy it as much as LadyDae’s Anakin(Vader)/Ahsoka fics; but I don’t seek out the pairing.

LadyDae is on FFNet and AO3 for those that want to check out her work; tell her Misty sent you.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    We know that many of SW's non-humans can be described as a humanised version of an Earth animal (cats are really overrepresented) and I was wondering what Earth animal/s would you like to see being turned into SW's non-humans? And why?

What non-SW but Disney created/owned non-humans would you like to see in SW?

What non-SW non-humans that are in the public domain would you like to see in SW?

11. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    We know that many of SW's non-humans can be described as a humanised version of an Earth animal (cats are really overrepresented) and I was wondering what Earth animal/s would you like to see being turned into SW's non-humans? And why? Hmm, a lot of animals that I like have already been represented and i can't think of one that hasn't been represented.

What non-SW but Disney created/owned non-humans would you like to see in SW? In all honesty I don't like blatant crossovers with unrelated properties and prefer Easter Eggs. They are less of a headache and more fun to see if you caught the reference

What non-SW non-humans that are in the public domain would you like to see in SW? I'm not sure. I feel that on one level or another an argument could be made that in one way or another most Public Domain non-human races have made their way into Star Wars both in Canon and Legends. But that's what I think.

Gamiel and devilinthedetails like this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Non humanoid species are fun. Best non-humanoid sentient species' in SW?

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in ST?

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in other Disney-owned fandoms?

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in other, non-Disney-owned, fandoms?

13. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    If you could have any career regardless of education, talent, accessibility, cost, etc. what would it be?

Is there something you wish people had told you about being a parent before you became one?

14. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @Gamiel

Non humanoid species are fun. Best non-humanoid sentient species' in SW?
    Does Yoda's Species count?

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in ST? The Lanai, Fish Nuns, from TLJ. They convey so much with limited facial expressions. It's absolutely criminal that they didn't appear in TRoS in any form.

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in other Disney-owned fandoms? Stitch

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in other, non-Disney-owned, fandoms? I originally misread the question and put Vulcans than I remembered that you asked for non-humanoid. The Q should count as they only take the appearance of Humans as to not fry our primitive brains

Golly, these sentient non-humanoid species questions are hard!!

@mavjade

If you could have any career regardless of education, talent, accessibility, cost, etc. what would it be? An Astronaut. I wanted to be one as a young child and going to space sounds like so much fun.

Is there something you wish people had told you about being a parent before you became one? Hmm, there was a lot that I was told but I can't think of anything that I wish that i was told but some things hit me harder than I thought. I knew that it would be hard getting up to nurse my son but it was harder sometimes as I was exhausted in the early days and some things were more frustrating. I can't remember anything specific but I will say that becoming a mother and being responsible for a tiny, helpless human hit me hit me hard.

mavjade , Gamiel, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Can you expand on this?

Nop, unless he is hiding a tail or other limb under his robes.

while the lanai are cool I'm sorry to tell you that I don't think they count as non-humanoid. They seems to have only one head and four limbs, all placed in the same way as humans on a human-like torso.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  16. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    A friendly reminder to all that we have until Thursday to ask @Lady_Misty all our questions! :D

@Lady_Misty With the Fourth of July coming up, I want to know do you like fireworks, and if so, what's your best fireworks memory?

Lady_Misty likes this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A) Pic an non-human species B) pic a real world culture/era's archetecture that you think would fit that species

18. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    That's probably second on my list! In case you don't know, NASA has a ton of podcasts that are really interesting on space and their programs, they are really interesting. Also, there's a book called Packing for Mars by Mary Roach that is really a fun read if you are into astronaut stuff. It made me realize that even if I had the education, etc., I probably still couldn't have made it as one. But it's fun to imagine!

If you had your own spaceship, what would you name her?

You mentioned you could read The Final Empire (Mistborn) forever. I've never read it, what do you love the most about it?

19. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    @devilinthedetails I like fireworks. One of my earliest memories of fireworks is going to the regional high school and watch them shoot off fireworks.

@mavjade

If you had your own spaceship, what would you name her? The Lady Tachyon

You mentioned you could read The Final Empire (Mistborn) forever. I've never read it, what do you love the most about it? I enjoy the friendships, the couple romance (they are really cute and truly come to care for each other and risk their lives for the other), the growth of the main characters, the hints to a deeper story that pays off in the sequels. In some ways it's kinda similar to Star Wars with a ragtag rebellion against a powerful and deadly leader but the people leading the charge are thieves and mercenaries.

@Gamiel

*sigh*

I guess than I don't have a favorite non humanoid species in Star Wars.

As this is my hubby's laptop and I stink at sharing photos on the forum I can't share my thoughts on a species and real world culture. :(

As to elaborating why I think that a lot of public domain species have already been incorporated into Star Wars I think that several species whether in look or habit fit into at least a few public domain species. I think that the Gungans with their blend of technology and nature could be a form of Elf. Jawas have sticky fingers and will steal anything that's not welded down (not 100% sure what species they would fit into but there's at least one that are known to have sticky fingers) and Gamorreans would fit as either trolls or orcs.

mavjade , GregMcP, Gamiel and 3 others like this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any podcasts you would recommend to people?

21. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    As I don’t listen to podcasts at this time no; I don’t feel comfortable recommending any.

22. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Oops. With the 4th of July, I forgot the interview schedule. :oops:

I'll keep this current interview up until Thursday to not throw off the schedule entirely, so everyone has a couple of extra days to ask their questions!

Kahara likes this.
  23. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Yay, my memory didn't fail me this week. [face_idea]

Thank you to @Lady_Misty for an excellent interview:D

Next up, we have @Cowgirl Jedi 1701. :cool:

1. What is your favorite Star Wars film of the Disney era and why?

2. What are your favorite fandoms beside Star Wars and why?

3. What's your favorite season and why?

24. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    [mention]Cowgirl Jedi 1701 [/mention]

Do you like hot chocolate?

If so how do you like it?

Do you add anything extra to if?

25. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks for great interview Lady_Misty!!

Cowgirl -

What is your favorite meal?

How do you like to write? (So like, by hand or on a computer? With music or in silence, etc.)