main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fanfiction Interview Thread - Current Interview: Vehn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Feb 6, 2020.

1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    The Rise of Skywalker, because Canon Reylo (even though we kind of got cheated there with Ben dying because JJ Abrams is a coward), and maybe canon force sensitive Finn.

1. Star Trek, because it was basically my introduction to science fiction and I just fell down the rabbit hole.
    2. The Avengers, because they are just way cool, and Loki is hot.
    3. Firefly, because it's legitimately awesome. And I could go on a rant about how Firefly got cheated, but I won't.

It used to be summer, but then I moved to Arkansas.
    Yes.

Hot, obviously. :D

Usually no, but sometimes marshmallows.
    Food. [face_laugh]

Yes. (It depends. And don't ask, "On what?" :p)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    what was the last really amazing sandwich you had?

What was the last really amazing movie you watched for the first time (like a new movie for you)?

3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    The Arby's Smokehouse Brisket I had yesterday. That sandwich is always amazing. Brisket is the bacon of the cow.

The Rise Of Skywalker.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Marvel called, they have decided to reshuffle the member roster of the Avengers and you get to decide who should be in. The parameters are: the roster has to be at least seven members, but no larger then ten; that there has to be at least three members of each gender; and at least one member with a patriotic theme. You are allowed to have characters go back to an old superhero identity they ones had, or take up the mantle of another character. Which Marvel characters do you pic?

Do you prefer your chocolate sweat only or slightly bitter?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    devilinthedetails likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    * Avorite season of the year and why?

* Favorite character(s) in SW and why?
    * Favorite character(s) in Trek and why? =P~

* What aspects of fanfiction writing do you find most challenging and also eaiest?

* Pancakes or waffles?

* Favorite omelette filling?

* Do you like Nutella? [face_mischief]

6. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016

Iron Man, Captain America, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, Valkyrie, Pepper as Rescue (she was badass in Endgame), Thor, Bruce Banner/Hulk, Spiderman, and Loki.

I know I basically just kept the original team and added a couple people, but TBH my Marvel knowledge doesn't stretch far beyond the Avengers and the MCU.

Do you prefer your chocolate sweat only or slightly bitter?[/QUOTE]
    Yes.
    When I lived in Michigan, it was summer. I haven't picked a new favorite yet since moving to Arkansas. I like swimming.

That's a hard question. There are a lot that I like. A few that I like most are, in no particular order: Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, and Darth Vader. Probably my top 5 there.
    My top 3 would definitely be Kirk, Spock, and McCoy.

I'm pretty good at dialogue, especially snarky banter, but I'm pretty crap at action, particularly space battles.

Yes.

Ham and cheese

Yes.

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture and why?

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

If you could change something in SW, what would it be?

What SF technology that have not appeared in SW would you like to see appear?

What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?

8. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016

I can't really answer that. Everybody is people. But Twi'leks and Vulcans are pretty cool. Well, actually technically Vulcans are hot, but whatever.

Mandalorian. I like how they're basically all about found family and helping other people.

The Borg. Like, literally just put the Borg into the GFFA. I'd like to see Jedi fighting the Borg. Might be cool.

Indian culture might be cool to see. Like, from India. With saris and curry and stuff.

Make Mara Jade canon.

Tricorders? Or do they already have similar?

A chicken pot pie is yum.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [Regarding the bold part] o_O
    When have they been about helping other people? Beside Satine's faction so have they been about killing people for fun, profit and/or honurs sake what I have seen.

I give you.... the Iskalloni

10. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Do you have any ideas for TV series or movies that Disney hasn't announced or done yet that you'd like to see done? If so, what are those ideas?

Gamiel likes this.
  11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    I got that vibe from the beautiful worldbuilding in this fanfic and the fact that Mando basically adopted Baby Yoda.

Cool.
    A "lost years" show off the adventures of a young Luke Skywalker, starring Sebastian Stan.

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any podcast you would like to recommend?

What kind of Force traditions would you like to see appear in the new canon?

What would you like to see in the future of SW?

What kind of things would you like people writing about in the fanon-thread?

What kind of things do you think the old EU was bad at creating or providing information about that you think would have existed or you find yourself needing for stories?

13. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016

Podcast? What are thooose? [face_laugh] Seriously though, I don't really listen to podcasts. But if you like being a spectator to someone else's chaos, I would recommend going on YouTube and watching any of James Turner's Sims 4 rags to riches series.

I dunno. Something different?

Awesome stuff. But that said, it's Star Wars, so awesomeness is kind of a given, right?

More ANGRY MACE! products, obviously! [face_laugh]

I was pretty satisfied with the old EU stories I read, so....... I Dunno.

14. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    A gentle reminder that we all have one week left to ask @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 all our questions.

@Cowgirl Jedi 1701, how do you world build? Do you prefer to draw on real world cultures, places, or people, or do you prefer to use your imagination to totally invent your own cultures, places and people?

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    SW species/culture/planet with best fashion?

A) Pic an non-human species B) pic a real world culture/sub-culture's (alive or dead) fashion that you think would fit that species

Who is best dressed in SW?

16. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    What is your dream car? Why is your dream car?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

17. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    I usually take inspiration from this that already exist, because that gives me a place to start. Then I tweak, twist, add to, and subtract from my source material until I'm satisfied with the end product.

I'd say Alderaan. The examples of their fashion that we see are somewhat limited, but those examples give the impression of a great sense of style without being too over the top. Naboo has great fashion too, although some of the court costumes are kind of ridiculous.

Hmm. Gotta think about that one. How about Polynesian fashion on Gungans?

Best dressed female: Padmé, in spite of the over the top court gowns. Of course, she seems to be one of those people who can put on basically anything and look amazing in it.
    Best dressed male: Probably Lando.
    Best dressed overall: Rey. I mean come on, she lived in the middle of nowhere, with very few resources, and still managed to have mad style. I mean, look at her hair. Did anybody besides her care how she looked? Not very likely. Could she have gotten her hair out of her face by just putting it in a ponytail? Absolutely. But she still decided to put her hair in those cute triple buns. She didn't have to. But she did.

18. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Why is Gamora? :p

There are actually two that I can't quite choose one over the other.

1. A red 4-door Ford Thunderbird convertible with a white ragtop and chrome trim. And fins! Gotta have those fins. Because reasons of awesomeness.

2. A white 1963 (or thereabouts) Volkswagen Beetle with red and blue racing stripes. Because Herbie.

My apologies for the double post. I think the last one got Ninja'd.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    RED CONVERTIBLE FOR THE WIN!!! [face_laugh] My accented contrast would be BLACK trim, or an alternate,gray with navy as a contrast. [face_dancing] Going slow and easy down the Pacific Coast Highway [face_laugh]

~

Favorite flavor of ice cream?

Do you like roller coasters?

If you could have an exotic pet, what would it be?

Growing up, what was your favorite TV show?

In school, were you good at the math/sciences?

What's your dream job?

20. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    This week it's mint chip.

In theory. Never been on a big one though. Just the dinky things that show up at county/state fairs.

I dunno. A giant turtle?

Who says I ever grew up? :p But when I was a kid I did record several episodes of Theodore Tugboat on VHS, so I guess that qualifies. I also discovered Star Trek when I was about 10 and instantly liked it, but I didn't really get super into it until closer to the end of high school.

I got good grades, I think. Possibly slightly above average, but no Charlie Eppes by any means. And speaking of Charlie, I actually understood some of his math speak well enough to put it into practical application. (Anybody know what pursuit curves are?:D)

One that pays me money.

21. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Thank you to @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 for an excellent and enjoyable interview! =D=

For our next interview, we have the wonderful and wise @TheRynJedi:)

1. Do you prefer to write shorter works or longer ones? Why?

2. What are some of your favorite tropes in stories and what are some of your least favorite?

3. Which Star Wars food would you sample if you had a chance and how do you imagine it would taste?

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?

23. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    If you could be any person in the world for 48 hours, living or dead, who would it be and what would you do with your time as someone else?

24. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    1. Do you prefer to write shorter works or longer ones? Why?

Hmm, medium? It really depends on what story I’m telling. Some are more fun to do as short, some more fun to do long. Overall, though, I hate leaving things unfinished, so I try not to make epics.

2. What are some of your favorite tropes in stories and what are some of your least favorite?

Fave: characters with secrets, often superpowers, that they have to hide for some reason. Especially that moment when they have to reveal or accidentally reveal their abilities or strangeness. Even better when the one(s) they were so afraid to reveal themselves to has exactly the opposite reaction the hero feared they would. Even better the scenes that follow where the character can freely be themselves and get to show off (though not bragging-type show-off) what it is that makes them special.

Least faves: when people poorly self-insert as an OC just so they can have a relationship with their favorite character. OCs having relationships with Canon characters can be done well (e.g. @Findswoman’s Shulma), but it is usually done so, so badly (remembering a fanfic about someone’s character inviting a young Obi-Wan to the “Padawan Spring Ball”, um, Republic Era Jedi aren’t going to be sponsoring “date nights” for their apprentices). Also AUs that export characters to modern Earth settings, just not my thing.

3. Which Star Wars food would you sample if you had a chance and how do you imagine it would taste?

I don't know. I hope to someday make a trip to Batuu, though...

Ryn, of course. I have a thing for fuzzy humanoids with prehensile tails? (see also: my favorite X-Man, Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler). It’s a bit of that and a built-in musicality, and being based on a real-world people (Roma) whose history and culture has always fascinated me.

Also Ryn. See above.

Most fictional cultures are, themselves, somewhat based off of an Earth culture (otherwise we humans wouldn’t be able to understand it, and the fictional work would loose us). The ones I like best from other works are usually the ones that are very tied to specifics of their own setting and just wouldn’t work as well if exported to the GFFA. That being said, the Na’vi of the planet Pandora from Avatar would be kind of cool.

Something indigenous (Native American or Australian Aboriginal), something that lends itself well to exploring a different Light-Side Force tradition besides the Jedi.

The whiny demanding fans who insist on calling people who like the parts they don’t like “not real fans”. People who get so fixated on what they want to see in Star Wars that it blinds them to seeing the good fun in what actually was made.

Personal forcefields, like the ones in Dune. Though ones that refracted laser bolts, instead of causing a nuclear explosion. It would change combat tactics interestingly.

Aussie-style meat pies are my favorite. Though I had a really good chicken, cheese, and bacon pot pie the other day.

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    SW species/culture/planet with best fashion?

What real world culture/sub-culture's (alive or dead) fashion that you think would fit the Ryn?

Who is best dressed in PT?

Who is best dressed in OT?

Who is best dressed in ST?

Who is best dressed in the EU?