main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fanfiction Interview Thread - Current Interview: Vehn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Feb 6, 2020.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any parings (canon or fanon) that have great chemistry but should not get together? In any fandom.

devilinthedetails likes this.
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh gosh, I'm sorry, I'm not sure I can answer this one. I tend to think that good chemistry together is a reason for pairing to get together, and I am just not sure how it would work otherwise! :p

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite crack parings? In any fandoms

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Crack pairings aren’t generally my jam, but I have to say I love what @Raissa Baiard did with the coffee machine and Chopper (and Zeb!) in A Steamy Romance! :D

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any podcast you would like to recommend?

6. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    I haven't listened to many, but one I've enjoyed is Merriam-Webster's Word Matters podcast. That's the same Merriam-Webster that publishes one of the foremost dictionaries of American English, and it's a group of their lexicographers who discuss things having to do with the history and usage of words in the English language.

devilinthedetails and Gamiel like this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What weapons do you think most fits gands?

8. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    This is not a very original answer, but I think the snare rifle Zuckuss uses is pretty well suited to him and to the Gand in general. Ammonia bombs, too, as they make a world of pain and discomfort for pretty much everyone except the Gand! (Telfien uses one in Shaman, Traveler Oracle, chapter 15.)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    Gamiel and devilinthedetails like this.
  9. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    A Gand goes to a local grocery store. What 5 items will the Gand put in its shopping cart appropriate for its species?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Findswoman

For EU Legends and also for the ST, what story arcs do you wish had been included, done differently, and how?

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What non-SW but Disney created/owned non-humans would you like to see in SW?

12. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Probably things that will decently approximate items on my fanon list of Gand food and drink! :D So, perhaps some nice Nova lox to approximate the quaag and/or the nutrient strips; some of that sour belt candy for a sweet version of the same thing; some squid if they prefer to try to make their own or add something more tentacley to the mix; some kind of mild herbal tea to approximate djelatha (perhaps Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime could help induce a meditative state); and from the cleaning aisle, a large jug of ammonia to wash it all down. (Hey, you asked! :D )

I didn’t actually follow the Legends AU much, but I have always had a beef with the way the writers had the Yuuzhan Vong—who otherwise had some interesting things about them, alien species-wise—just go on this unchecked rampage of destruction through the universe. I wish there had been some attention given to restoring the planets they had destroyed, or that the writers would just tone it down and have the YV do less of that, or both. Preferably both.
    Well, seeing as we’ve had a variety of Human-sized cat type things, why not some Human-sized ducks and mice, too? :p

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  13. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    McDonalds has been newly established on Gand for unknown reasons as it spreads its dominance across the Galaxy. Some Gand kids find out it now serves McAmmonia during a family car trip and cry: "McDonalds, McDonalds, McDonalds!" Which answer would a Gand parent likely reply with and why?

Options:
    A) No. We have ammonia at home.
    B) McDonalds, McDonalds, McDonalds!
    C) It pulls into the driveway, the children cheer, before the parent orders a single dark ammonia drink and leaves.

:D

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Marvel called, they have decided to reshuffle the member roster of the Avengers and you get to decide who should be in. The parameters are: the roster has to be at least seven members, but no larger then ten; that there has to be at least three members of each gender; and at least one member with a patriotic theme. You are allowed to have characters go back to an old superhero identity they ones had, or take up the mantle of another character. Which Marvel characters do you pic?

15. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Probably A, because that’s the kind of stick-in-the-mud I often am, only in a way that doesn’t involve a first-person pronoun! :D

I’m sorry, I really don’t know enough about the Marvel universe, and the characters therein, to be able to answer this one.

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What kind of things do you think the old EU was bad at creating or providing information about that you think would have existed or you find yourself needing for stories?

17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    I'm not really sure! I found the old EU very good at providing information on all sorts of things--I loved its variety of guidebooks (both regular and RPG) and depth of detail. The new EU's guidebooks are very good in many ways, too--they're certainly very well done from a graphic standpoint, but from what I have seen they don't have quite the same level of verbal detail as the old EU books, and that aspect I miss.

devilinthedetails and Gamiel like this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What kind of things would you like people writing about in the fanon-thread?

19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, anything they want! :D I mean, you know I personally always enjoy good alien lore, and things like food and festivals and religion/Force practice, but at this point I am just grateful to get anyone writing about anything that thread.

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What would you like to see in the future of SW?

21. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    I hope no one will take this the wrong way, but... I would like to see less! There's just so much new content (not fond of that word, but I don't know what else to use) being barraged at us these days that I kind of just wish they'd dial it down and give us time for what we currently do have (among which is a lot of good stuff) to sink in a little more. As it is, I'm finding it hard to keep up!

22. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    A big thank you to @Findswoman for a wonderful interview, and thank you as well for everyone who keeps this thread afloat and interesting when my life gets busy and I end up shamefully neglecting this thread.[:D] I really appreciate everybody's engagement in this thread, which is the main reason it has been able to survive and grow for so long.

Next up we have @Vehn!=D=

@Vehn:

1. Do you have any favorite holiday songs you like to listen to? If so, what are they?

2. Do you have any favorite winter foods and flavors? If so, what are they?

3. If you could travel anywhere in the Star Wars universe, where would it be and why?

4. Would you rather write about a hero or a villain? A Jedi or a Sith? And why?

5. If you could change anything in a Star Wars movie, what would it be and why?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    Vehn and Findswoman like this.
  23. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Most definitely "White Christmas" probably because where I live we get harsh winters every single year and it helps soften up the winter adjustment! Next up would most likely be any holiday songs with Josh Groban or Celine Dion as it brings back memories of growing up and my Mom and sister getting the Christmas decorations ready. I'd help as well but they were always pretty involved!

Eggnog and mead. Hands down. Food wise I'd go with Christmas cookies of any variety and some good turkey ;).

Naboo. Without a doubt, Naboo. The green hills, the beautiful artisan style decor. Be great to explore areas of the planet that aren't as well known. It's a planet that wasn't always my favorite but has grown on me over the years. The people, the culture, the way its shot in the films. Gorgeous.

My favorite aspect of Star Wars is actually the stories that don't include Jedi or Sith. You can imagine, then, how excited I was to watch Rogue One. That movie, in my opinion, never disappointed for me.

Now, I have written about the Jedi and Sith in my fanfics but they haven't been super prominent. Mainly to add a spice of variety and keep the good/evil thing honest with minor appearances or plot involvement. Personally I like writing about complicated characters that aren't entirely good nor entirely evil. To me, in those moments, I find that my characters come to life and become real.

This is a hard question. Probably because I think every movie has something I would change. If I had to narrow this one down to one item that needed to be changed I would go with Ben Solo dying in Rise of Skywalker. I grew up with the OT, then experienced the PT, and of course with the development and release of the ST I would have to say Solo's death was not the outcome I wanted. I personally wanted the writers to have Rey and Ben ride off into the sunset but that was not to be.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    EU or the new canon? What's your favorite to write in?

Vehn and devilinthedetails like this.
  25. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Expanded Universe for sure. I just am not that comfortable with the new canon and don't really factor it into any of the stories I write. I also tend to write about places and things that aren't as well known.