main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Fanon Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FanonSock, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Gamiel did that more than once, so why not?

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Really?

Gamiel's stuff seemed to be collected by star sector, all jargon, all planets, or content that could be grouped in some way.

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Are they all different things? Or are some of them similar?

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I could perhaps team my bikini replacement with an underwear brand.

I would have to collate the stuff I have been creating to see how diverse or similar it all is; my feeling is that I have created eight or more items in recent months, that cannot be grouped.

Bikini
    Underwear luxury brand
    Holowan Corp's "How can the same **** hit the same megacorp twice" incidents
    SW Soduko
    A single foodstuff from the Rafa system
    A single soft drink
    Renatasian Restoration Zone
    *thinks what else*...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You could just post one of those, and later expand on that post when you come up with more stuff. That's how some of my posts have started.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  6. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    Time for an entry on one of them death worlds.

Chilades (Pronunciation: like "chill ladies")
    Location: Unknown Regions, on the border of the Chiss Ascendancy

History
    Once a lush, mountainous world filled with life, Chilades was a Chiss colony world - one also heavily populated by the mystical purple-eyed Chiss - sometime up to the era of the Rakatan Infinite Empire. During the Rakata's reign, they came into conflict with the Ascendancy, with Chilades being the most frequent battleground for clashes between the two factions. Eventually, the Rakata retaliated by releasing a nuclear agent into the atmosphere, which resulted in a permanent winter, the death of almost all flora on the entire planet, the water becoming toxic, and all other life turning into feral mutants.

After the planet's devastation, the Rakata used the planet as a potential summoning site for the Archfiend Facadma when they formed a short-lived alliance with the extra-galactic Forceless Collective, and built a ritualistic tower dedicated to Facadma in a sinkhole known as the Poison Well. After Facadma was summoned and she tried to kill her summoners, the Rakata abandoned the planet completely and marooned Facadma to fend for herself. This was also the catalyst for the Rakata to turn on the Collective.

Ever since, Chilades has become a condemned and abandoned world by the Chiss Ascendancy for being generally inhospitable and is now considered neutral territory. And among the mystics of the purple-eyed Chiss (even some of the few survivors in the present day), Chilades has descended into myth as a long lost holy world that has been corrupted and Facadma perceived as a demon (by the present day in reality, Facadma had gotten off Chilades four-thousand years earlier).

Environment
    Even though the air is now safe to breathe and the chemical fallout has dissipated over time, the other symptoms of the Rakatan calamity remain to this day.

The temperature of Chilades has become so cold, that any species that hasn't adapted to such temperatures would freeze to death in seconds if they weren't adequately prepared (such preparations would include body heat stimulants in combination with wearing warm clothing). Even though some species have adapted to the water, it is simultaneously really cold and very toxic (if it doesn't kill them, it mutates them). Use of flammable equipment is not advised near the water.

For some spacers who have experienced the planet firsthand, a popular description is "frozen over, but still hell."

Species
    Chilades has a very vicious pecking order.

All life that didn't die as a result of the contamination or the drastic drop in temperature was forced to adapt drastically. With the near absence of plantlife, all herbivores were forced to either turn into carnivores or go extinct. All other species have mutated and become feral if they weren't already.

Even the sentient population of Chiss and some of the Rakatan conquerors have been turned into savage monsters that only faintly resemble their source species (although, there are rumors that some of these mutants are intelligent enough to use tools and modern handheld weaponry like blasters). In fact, in the present day, these are some of the only survivors of the Rakata species and the non-red-eyed Chiss subspecies, but even some of the remaining purple-eyed Chiss out in the galaxy wouldn't recognize them as their own people in spite of the mutants retaining Chiss eye color.

Even immigrated non-sapient species (whether via the Rakata or other spacers) have mutated from being on the planet. Such creatures included Acklays, Rancors, Nexus, Anoobas, Dracoseals (original creature), Rathtars and Kell Dragons among others.

There are also claims of a Sarlacc spore finding its way to the planet and adapting to it, and most frighteningly, this specimen is mobile and just as sadistic as the sedentary members of the species. It's unknown if it still has the sedentary specimen's notoriously cruel and unusual digestive process, but it's unlikely given that the mainline species developed it to cope with its sedentary lifestyle, and mobile creatures would have a more active metabolism. However, with even the mainline species still having a lot of unanswered questions regarding it, this hasn't stopped horror stories from circulating about the mobile Sarlacc still being able to digest it's prey over thousands of years, psychologically torturing them and assimilating their consciousness after being broken down. These stories also include being able to keep larger prey alive that it had to physically tear apart to eat.

When Facadma was marooned there, she was considered the apex predator of Chilades thanks to her ability to feed on creatures' life Force without laying a claw on them. However, as she was sapient despite her monstrous appearance, she restrained her previous psychotic impulses and addiction to the Force that got her marooned in the first place and enforced population control to survive.

Author's Note: The Chiss and Rakata mutants are a very recent idea, so they didn't even get a mention when Chilades showed up in Paranormalities. The mobile Sarlacc was one I had around the writing process of that chapter, but Law of Conservation of Detail was also in effect at the time.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    Gamiel and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    @Gamiel - That sounds like an idea worth trying.

Thank you.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I was wondering if the Tal'Shari mentioned in K'Tai qel-Letta Tanku's fics is her fanon or something I can find on Wookieepedia? [face_thinking] I want to include their society in my short story. Did a web search but came up with all kinds of non-SW stuff. [face_thinking] Thanks. @};-

9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    90% sure they're fanon. Perhaps she could grace us with a post about it. :D

10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, the Tal'shari are indeed entirely her fanon, as is the near-Human species they're associated with (the M'ban, native to the planet of Kress, if memory serves), and their culture—I'll ping @K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku now so that she can tell us more. And for my own part, I too would love to see a fanon post or two from her about them. (Pretty please, K'Tai? Not meaning to bug you or anything... :D )

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    With cherry on top.

12. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    They are my fanon, and @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, I’m honored that you would want to feature them. As for a post (or two) anything in particular you want to know or do you just want a general sort of background type post?

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Hi @Gahmah Raan , are you aware that I utilised your Thunderwoood trees fanon in one of my fics?

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi, K'Tai. =D= Wow, yours, and others', fanon feels like canon almost inevitably, the rich details which come out in plot/stories is so vivid! :cool:
    For me, specifically, I want to know how their (A) teachings differ and are similar to the Jedi & (B) what sort of contact they have with the outer worlds. I.E., are they isolated/insular? Is it strictly trade-oriented, or is there open free interchange, their citizens leave and come back, and offworlders come to visit/stay? If they are insular, how likely are they to welcome diplomatic contact? @};- Thanks muchly! :)
    What I was hoping to feature is under here.
    I'm writing an AU which could fit in either Legends or ST type canon. Leia and Han are working to get back together emotionally wise after their relationship was undergoing strains. Leia wants to find a haven where she can learn something like the Force skills she is heir to but is chary of official "Jedi" training. Also, I think being affiliated as an envoy permanently for the NR would still keep her involved but not to the exclusion of having and spending time with Han and the kid(s) ;) they will eventually have.

15. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    Yes, I vaguely remember. My only small criticism is that unless they are Force sensitive, no one is supposed to tell the difference between a regular Krishar tree and a Thunderwood tree until the tree unpredictably shoots out lightning. But the way you used them was hilarious.

Kahara, Gamiel and Sith-I-5 like this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, I am relieved, and glad, that you had noted and read their usage, and that you enjoyed same.

I-Division' team leader, Mitch Nifesta, is Force Sensetive, so I hope that addresses the issue you had.

Kahara and Gahmah Raan like this.
  17. FanonSock

FanonSock Jedi Master star 1

Nov 11, 2014
    I am pleased to announce that @Gamiel has proposed a new challenge for us:

The Fanon PLANET PLUS ONE Challenge!

In this challenge, you will have the opportunity to combine a fanon planet or planet-related fanon (chosen by roulette) with one other fanon element (chosen by you). Here's what to do to participate:
    1. Choose a number from 1 to 15 (or use a random number generator), and I'll assign you, via PM, a planet-related fanon entry to incorporate into your story. (If it is one of your own fanon entries, though, I'll ask you to choose a new number.)
    2. Choose one other fanon entry/element from the index. It can be any one you like—but please make sure it's not one of your own.
    3. Write a story incorporating both that planet (or planet-related fanon) and that element, and post the link here.
    The deadline to post stories will 11:59 PST on Sunday, June 3 Sunday, June 17 (due dates updated April 10), so you will have about four months to complete your story. At that point voting will be open for two weeks, and winners will be posted on or soon after Sunday, June 17 Sunday, July 1.

The winner will get to choose the next challenge. If thread title changing functionality is back by that point, then the winner will get his or her story listed in the title of the Fanon Thread for a week, too.

Have fun, all! And please feel free to ask any questions that you may have. :)

* * *​

List of Authors and Entries:
    2. Findswoman
    3. Ewok Poet
    6. Gamiel
    7. Sith-I-5
    12. Raissa Baiard

EDIT 4/10/18: Due dates pushed back.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Ewok Poet and Gamiel like this.
  18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I choose 7.

Kahara, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Six for me

EDIT: ok, this will need some thinking time.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Kahara, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  20. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    The Google random number generator has given me 2, so I'll try that on for size—though I can't guarantee I'll be able to produce anything by the deadline. Fingers crossed, though... [face_good_luck]

EDIT: Ooh, I like this, I like this very, very much! :D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  21. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    All right, I’ll give it a whirl... May I have 12?

22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Since 3, 7 and 12 have been claimed, give me 15.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

23. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    3 is still there, if that's what you prefer to take. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    LOL, I am being stupid again. But 15 is okay. :)

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Gamiel, Sith-I-5 and Findswoman like this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Can you give some more information about the habitable moons? Like environment, lifeforms, inhabitants if any, etc.
    It don't have to be much just your voice! one or some more sentences.