main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Fast & The Furious (Fast X)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Oct 4, 2011.

1. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Seeing it Saturday, it looks odd even by Fast and Furious standards.

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I’m off to see it in an hour. Can’t wait!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So, some spoilers about the dangling secret of the film:

The Director is voiced by Ryan Reynolds, but they're not locked (no pun intended) to that meaning he's the Director when the Director finally shows up in sequels. There's even the possibility that it might end up being Keanu Reeves.

This would imply that whomever it ends up being, it's not required that they be an existing character from the franchise (like Cypher).

5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yah the lack of closure and blatant sequel bait and no resolution who was pulling the strings was kind of annoying. There's some solid stuff in here, I actually think it sings along pretty perfectly for about 30 or 40 minutes until the end of the first time they meet Brixton and the crazy running down the building scene, then it sorta drags, some bits pop, other bits don't. Saoman showdown against Britxon's army wasn't as cool as the movie thinks it is. But Director David Leitch (Deadpool 2) has some solid action stuff, this is way more punching than car chasing, only Fast and Furious real moment was the daisy chain / turbo boost to bring down the chopper. Still, seeing Hobbs and Shaw basically hate each other the entire time is solid and the facial recognition hallways scene is genius. it's way too dang long and bit too many cameos / sequel bait
    (yes, Kevin Hart, we know there's a Jumanji sequel coming out)
    , but something gets blown up, makes a quip, or punching livens things up.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2019
    PCCViking likes this.
  6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I still think...

the Director is Cipher.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Reynolds'
    character also totally spoiled the Game of Thrones finale which would mean they shot the post-credit, like, just 2 months ago or so. I guess they thought it was funny to randomly spoil the finale of game of Thrones in a Hobbs and Shaw post credit.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...haw-ends-with-a-giant-game-of-thrones-spoiler

That’s Ryan’s twisted brain I think. When I asked him to do the scene in the Pancake House [at the beginning of the film] and to be this character Locke who gives the exposition of the virus, I asked him to help jazz it up. Ryan always has a lot of great ideas, and he wanted to riff on Game of Thrones, obviously it’s in the pop zeitgeist and it’s such an iconic show, and he’s like ‘let’s go after Game of Thrones for fun.'

Also remember when Tyrese was begging the Rock on social media to not do the spin off cuz Tyrese had bills? Tyrese is still bitter!

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...ud-by-poking-fun-at-hobbs-and-shaw-box-office

I have to show my respects for one thing…. He tried........ Folks called me a hater…. And attacked me for speaking out..... Breaking up the family clearly doesn’t have the value that one would assume it does

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2019
    PCCViking likes this.
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    To be fair, he only spoils the GOT Season 7 finale, not the series finale.

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm 99% certain he spoils the Game of Thrones S7 and also the series finale saying

"Jon Snow had sex with and then murdered his aunt and nobody wants to talk about i!"

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't recall the murder part. Just "Jon Snow had sex with his aunt and nobody wants tot talk about it!".

It could be I just didn't catch that part because of all the laughter in the theater, though.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  11. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I didn’t realise there were three after credit scenes. I only stayed for the first two.

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yah the entire theatre emptied out, I stuck it out mostly cuz I had a feeling there'd be more (and it's just basically a continuation of the mid-credits scene although there's a great callback to the bit about stabbing someone with a brick from earlier in the movie) but there's also a crazy techno rock rap song featuring Idris Elba singing about his character hating Hobbs and Shaw.

PCCViking likes this.
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

Full trailer dropping Saturday, half a trailer tease up now:

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    In case you want to go "What!?" a couple times today...

[face_laugh]

So, Han or Han's brother? Everyone else has a brother now, it seems ;).

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The inside of the plane looks like a Hollywood set that's supposed to be a C-130. At least they don't have 6 cars lined up side-by-side in it like they did a few movies back (C-130 cargo compartment is barely wide enough for one car, so at most you could line up 3 front-to-back).

Also, Vin is driving my Mustang. If he messes it up, he'll answer to me. [face_shame_on_you]

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [face_shhh] We're not supposed to know that you're the villain for Fast 10 yet!

Sarge, Juliet316 and PCCViking like this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  18. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I can't stop watching that trailer. It's gotta be the craziest trailer I've ever seen, even by F&F standards, and I love it! People can complain about this series all they want, but it's one of the only times we can go to the theater each year, sit back and relax, and just watch the craziest **** happen. The series is just so damn enjoyable. Cannot wait!

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    If he's still alive, what about Gal Gadot's character? I'd be more likely to spend money on F&F if she was in it.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  20. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Hell yeah, same. I’m hoping she pops up in the final film. I have great memories of Gal Gadot in Fast & Furious. Back when Fast Five came out she didn’t have a lot of fans, and I used to be very active on her Facebook page and she’d like all of my comments. Now she’s huge.

Sarge likes this.
  21. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    She was probably filming Wonder Woman: 1984 while Vin and Co. were shooting FF9

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Fast10 your seatbelts, people- Vin says Fast 10 might be a two-parter.

“I started planning for Fast 10 before we started filming Fast 9. Very much so,” Diesel tells our sister publication Total Film in the latest issue. “The universe is so robust and so rich with talent and rich with story that, on one level, it’s totally feasible to have spinoffs, and I think that’s something that is inevitable. Universal deserves it because of how much they’ve invested in this little saga, and it’d be good to give back to Universal. And for the fans, should Fast 10 parts one and two be the conclusion, it would be nice for this world to continue for generations to come.”

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    BigAl6ft6 and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  24. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I guess they haven't ruled out a Peacock-exclusive series?

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There are TV shows supposedly in development, beyond the current animated series and will be, presumably, live action.

Princess_Tina likes this.