main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The fates of Artoo, Threepio, Chewie, the Millennium Falcon?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, May 24, 2018.

1. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    • The guns of the Falcon misfire while Chewbacca is repairing them, killing Artoo.
    • Seeking redemption, Chewbaaca strikes it out alone, only to be killed and turned into an exotic fur coat by a trophy hunter.
    • The Millenium Falcon is turned into scrap metal
    • Threepio enters a deep, crushing depression and eventually gives himself a memory wipe. He then ironically winds up serving as a translator for wealthy First Order elites.

2. yanote

yanote Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2016
    Artoo and 3PO are the "Raconteurs": they are the witness and they spread the message. Specially R2D2 who was next to LUKE most of the time.

The Falcon will either crash or be destroyed with Lando inside. My prediction.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  3. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'd like to see Chewie find a wife and ride off into the sunset with her, in the Falcon. Out of all the characters in SW, he deserves that.

SKYGUY23 likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The Falcon gets into a teleporter accident with a Star Destroyer and slowly transforms into the Enterprise. Jeff Goldblum will voice the ship computer.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    He already has a wife and kid on Kashyyyk.

KSennia likes this.
  6. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Well then I want to see his final moments in the saga to be reunited with them. That's the only satisfactory end for Chewie, in my opinion.

SKYGUY23 likes this.
  7. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    R2 and 3PO: They are the ones telling this whole story, aren't they? Let them live.
    Chewbacca: I'd like to see him returning to Kashyyyk
    MF: Destroyed? Would be one hell of an emotional scene

8. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I understand the emotional impacts of any of these characters (and/or the Falcon) if they "bought it" in 9 and I also understand the "baton" approach of the "old" passing on the torch to the "new", but not everything has to be wiped away or killed or destroyed to accommodate the new. R2, C3PO and the Falcon can still always exist every now and then in the backround; I mean really in the backround and not next to the main characters during their scenes. I would love to say every now and then in a future Star Wars movie "Wow, cool, I saw the Falcon over behind those other ships". Or "Hey, wow, Threepio and R2" as the shuffle through the backround for a split second. Not everything has to perish under the mantra of "Let the past die, kill it if you have to". For characters like these, there is such a thing as the nostalgic effect to warm a fan's heart and present a moment of familiarity.
    Chewie is a little more difficult because he is not really as a "backround character" as the other two IMO. I would like him to return to Kashyyyk and be there and available for any future missions. Or maybe he can take up smuggling again because he loved that sort of lifestyle as much as Han.

KSennia and Jedi of Baker Street like this.
  9. The Original Sith

The Original Sith Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 12, 2017
    This is the last movie of the Skywalker saga. There have to be some emotion. I’m not a child. I would not mind at all if they killed or destroyed a few favorites.

As long as it’s done right. Not like Han’s death that we all saw coming a mile away.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Jo Lucas and Rebellious Princess like this.
  10. Rebellious Princess

Rebellious Princess Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 27, 2018
    Yeah the first time I heard Harrison was returning as Han, I said "Oh he must be dying in this one then, this is what he wanted and that is likely why he agreed to do it" and so his death was no surprise at all. Luke I was expecting in IX, so TLJ did surprise me a bit, but if Chewie goes, then my heart is broken. I can handle the droids dying as they were part of the Skywalker legacy but just not Chewie.

The Original Sith likes this.
  11. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Chewie actually moved back to and spent the majority of his time between ROTJ and TFA back on Kashyyyk with his family. We didn't see it on screen though.

Ghost likes this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think a heroic death for Chewie would be best. Rey could say: “Go see Han” to him as he fades away. And Star Wars fans everywhere will weep like babies.

13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If they kill Chewie I will riot!

14. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    They'll keep using the Falcon, Chewie, Threepio and Artoo in future movies. That's my guess at least.

Anthony Daniels is always up for playing Threepio, and the honest truth is that anyone can be Chewie and Artoo. And even then, once Anthony Daniels retires from the role, it won't be impossible to recast Threepio either.

15. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    George always said that SW was the story as seen through the eyes of the droids, or something along those lines. R2 and 3PO have both sort of died and been brought back. So killing even one of them would be a disservice both to George and to the fans. I think they endure, and as Piett said will be a bridge to the new trilogy.

KSennia likes this.
  16. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I don't think deaths need to be a surprise to be considered "done right." When Han stepped out onto the bridge, yeah, it was pretty clear he was heading to his doom, but for me, that made the entire scene more emotional and tense. It's like watching somebody walk to the gallows... you know they're a goner, but it doesn't mean it's not emotional or powerful.

17. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Naw dude, they weren't lovers. They were combat buddies. That isn't what either of them would want the other to be thinking when facing death.

18. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    They'll just bring in Lumpy.

19. SKYGUY23

SKYGUY23 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2014
    I think we need a gut punch in the fianl act. Chewie piloting the Falcon with Lando at the guns. They are taking down Tie's left and right. Something on the battle needs attention immediately so they fly off to help. They are swarmed by the enemy. Taking heavy fire they realize its the last flight of their baby. They say some last words and honor Han and L3 then they fly right into their doom taking out a massive ship Or base of some sort. Chewie let's out one final roar before being engulfed in flames.

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    As someone who's been in combat with some buddies, I'll say that the sentiment isn't reserved for lovers.

21. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Alright.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    R2: executed for desertion after he's sick of BB-8 getting all the attention. Since Rose believes that the woman who passes the sentence should swing the sword, she personally chops off his dome.

3-PO: dies of a power overdose after hearing about R2

Chewie: eaten by a giant Porg

The Falcon: Survives the ST to make it to a fourth trilogy, where in a shocking turn of events someone says "what a piece of junk" before the Falcon flies circles around the latest in TIE fighter technology.

23. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    Chewie and Lando going down with the MF... it's possible. This would bring a real sense of finality. I also have a strong feeling Poe won't make it. Though everyone else (bar Kylo and, yeah... Leia) will live on, droids included.

I think we're gonna see Finn's family (the new girl is possibly his sister?) and I believe he will take 'ownership' of BB-8 after Poe's death. He will go to his family with BB-8. Rey will inherit Artoo and Threepio. They go live with her father (Richard E Grant's character... you know it makes sense!).

24. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    Well, within the context of the “skywalker saga”, the droids should have been featured more prominently in this trilogy. It’s a shame BB8 wasn’t part of a different trilogy. R2 and 3PO “made” the first film and important to the OT. I feel they should be utilized more and as for killing Chewie......umm no. Nope. Nay. I would be severely disappointed.

Killing the Falcon, or however some suggest isn’t a needed device. That kind of emotional manipulation isn’t necessary.

25. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    I find it kind of sad that the Droids havnt that much to do in the ST. Especially R2. He has such a important connection to everything that happend in the Saga. And as one of those Characters who has "saved the Day" so many times... i think it would benefit his character if he goes out sacrificing himself.