main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Feedback Junkies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Aeron_Azzameen1839, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    She´s right!!!!

After some time reader are coming!!!
    Even my first one got some ( only a few but they always reply a lot :) )!!!!
    So never give up!!!

And don´t forget, in the first line, you are posting for youself ;) !!

Angel_Skywalker

2. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, maybe that works for the rest of you, but has it ever worked for me? Noooo. Every extreme effort I make is ignored. Hell, I could save somebody's life and I'd be ignored. What could cause people to lose so much human decency that they'd just blow off an honest request for reads, reviews, and assistance?

3. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    So bitter! What have the nonreviewers done to poor Sebulba!! :D

4. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Darth Real Life strikes again.

5. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    :) It is nice to just find this place. I always thought about why I am the only who gets like no replies maybe one reader who is always there or two but nothing more! Now I get to be around people who have gone through probably the same thing. It is sorta nice!

*Do I sound like I hate my self. I hope not 'cause I don't go nuts with no replies just a little bit annoying deeing no one read a post*

Oh self promotion time my fics are in my bio but my new one Tears of Glass isn't just yet but soon! Please read!

6. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    To Mr. Bitter: If you want help, get a beta reader. At least someone will be reading your story. Maybe they'll have some good comments that will improve your style (not that there's anything wrong with it-- I don't know it) and help you attract readers.

7. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    You´re right Ganki, talking to others with the same problem make you feel better :) !!

Angel_Skywalker

8. starwarsgirl4324

starwarsgirl4324 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2000
    The number of relies I get isn't that bad. It's the number of readers I have. I've had more than one person reply to each of my fanfics, but only one person has remained a faithful poster for each of them. :( Ah, woe is me!

9. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    *pats starwarsgirl on the back* It will be okay. you are here now. :)

10. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    You are among friends - the outcasts of the Star Wars Fiction society!

GROUP HUG!!!!

11. Aeron_Azzameen1839

Aeron_Azzameen1839 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    I'm not so worried that nobody likes my story. They seem to like it!! *does a little dance* :D

*Cough* darn this infernal cold.

Hey, should I change this thread to The Feedback Junkies? Somone will have to tell me how to change it ,though. Still figuring things out here.

12. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    To change the subject, you go to your first post at the bottom and click 'edit post' and change the subject there. :D

13. Jedi_Cyana

Jedi_Cyana Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I never get reviews! I actually deleted my past account got a new alias (Jedi_Cyana) and am reposting my story!

It's a Sabe/Obi-wan fanfic, please read! and reply!!

It's at:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6260091&start=6260204

14. Aeron_Azzameen1839

Aeron_Azzameen1839 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    This is now The Feedback Junkies thread!

15. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    That´s ok!!!

We all are feedback junkies, right??

And it sound not as depressive as people who never gets more than two replys!!
    We´re still full of hope, are we??? :)

Angel_Skywalker

16. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    My feedback habit has been broken, painfully. From October to December I posted a series of 10 shorts, got some replies and only one returning reader. Several times I considered not finishing the series, but that would have defeated the whole purpose for writing it in the first place.

I'm doomed to write about subjects and in forms fanfic readers at-large don't really warm up to, so I keep writing and post anyway. Sure, it would be nice if somebody commented, but I don't write for the attention.

17. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Finally some people came to my fic I got 5 replies. I mean that is great for me and all! Just wanted some where to be happy for a moment!

Oh and cyana your Sabe/Obi is one of my favorites now that i ahve found it!

18. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *steps up to the plate*

Hi. I'm Am. Alright. I admit it -- I
    LOVE Feedback!! I've been trying to hide in it, but, no, no, never again! If I don't get it I go mad, crazy, and insane. You slave over something for hours and you just want one hint that somebody in this wide, wide Universe likes it. I said it, the like word -- wash my mouth out with soap! Or soup. Ah, I cannot hide it anymore! Don't break my legs and expect me to walk! I don't want to walk, you can. I don't want to follow you into two Siths hells. It's enough you've dragged me here, this is a manifestation of truth, love, freedom and JUSTICE! What an abomination!! Thank you.

*steps down*

Whew. I know I get piles of feedback on average, but I have a greedy side. Humour me ;) On a normal note, hello everyone! *nods to Em* Long time no see.

Please excuse my current mood,

Am [face_love]

19. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    It will be okay Amidala Skywalker. We don't mind I feel the same way. I think we all ahve a greedy side. *rases hand* I DO!

Oh and soap dosen't taste good so just whash your mouth out with chocolate!

20. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Okay Okay I know double post. i am home alone and sick so what else is there to do heehee.

We are all here for I think the same reason so why not help others that have our same hardships! If you want to help someone out I think we should look down the board at the number of replies the author has. Lets say this fic is out and it has 3 I think we should go in there and reply. You don't have to read it all you have to say is, "Great start please post soon." Just becasue we don't get replies a lot *well most of us* why make others suffer also. So take a minute and post a little reply to a fic. (this is just what I think it is not as if I am making you or anything ^_^)

That was a just a little idea!

21. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Amen. Good idea Ganki! I despise incessant formalities, please call me Am :D

Am [face_love]

22. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Bye you guys I have to go. I will be back tonight! *walks off to the nice soft bed and falls asleep*

23. starwarsgirl4324

starwarsgirl4324 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2000
    *remains depressed*

Hug? Anyone, anyone?

24. Jedi_Cyana

Jedi_Cyana Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    After my field trip this week, I've got loads of free time, so, does anyone have a story they want me to read? I'll read anything. I have a hard time reading OT, but I read them anyway.

25. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    I suspect you should check the last few pages. :D Everyone here is dry on reviews and desperate.

Including me. [face_mischief]

You will soon be swamped by requests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.