main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Feedback Junkies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Aeron_Azzameen1839, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Oh, Jedi_Canya, I think here are lots of writers who would be glad if you read their fic ;) ;)

BTW, instead of reading, what about a post in your own fic???

Am, I have to agree with you, it´s a really good feeling seeing such a reply to the own fic!!
    And hey, why not :p !! Don´t forget:

A happy reader= lots of interesting posts= happy readers :)

Angel_Skywalker

2. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    - - sits down and window opens - -

Fic Father, forgive me - I've done something terrible.

Yes, my child?

I... I... I TOLD MY READERS I WOULDN'T POST UNTIL I GOT AT LEAST 5 REVIEWS AT FF.NET AND THE BOARDS! -- sobs --

Your punishment is 15 hail Obis... there, there, child.

3. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Cyana-- If you want to read Legacy, the link is in my bio. :) If you want to read anything else of mine, the links are all in my bio, and I have three fics on the Archive.

Am-- *snort* You get nearly a full page of replies for each post! *hugs* But that's okay, you can be our pet popular person. ;) I haven't had time to keep up with ItMF with all the other non-prequel fics I'm following. It's a great story, just not the kind that I usually read. *hugs again* Keep it up! You have an entire legion of followers, and were still friends. :)

Feedback Junkies, huh? *grin* I love it! I actually got a PM from from one of my readers telling me to shut up about feedback and just post the story. It really hurt my feelings, but I PMed him back, and now he's a friend. It was all a misunderstanding, and he's one of my sweetest readers. :)

4. starwarsgirl4324

starwarsgirl4324 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2000
    Jedi_Cyana: Ooh, ooh! Me me me! Read mine! ;)

But seriously. I'm dying of loneliness with one reader per story. So, if you'd like...

Welcome to Earth - it's a humor fic in which some of my friends and I meet up with a bunch of the SW characters an end up in all these weird places. It's just plain weird. Here's the URL:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2863703&page=1

Fly Away - it pretty much follows the SW storyline, but it's a modern day take on it. Some names and locations have been changed. URL:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=5840082&page=1

5. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Em, yeah, I noticed you didn't seem to be around. But that's what DRL does to us. I haven't updated in the while, shame on me. Pet Popular? I'd be happy to be.

*group hug*

Am [face_love]

6. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    GROUP HUG!!!

Am, I'll stop by occasionally to say hi and proclaim my message. [face_devil]

7. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
  8. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Hey all, maybe we could show each other bits of our work by posting our best scenes from various fics on here?

9. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    *shyly walks into the room*

Hi, my name is Mel, and I'm addicted to feedback.

I guess this isn't as bad of an addiction as it could be, but I get really bored waiting for replies. Is there anything that can help, or should I just hang around here and complain about lurkers? ;)

10. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    MELY!!! *hugs* Everyone, this is my Mush Master! Let's give her a round of applause! *is the only one clapping but doesn't seem to notice*

Welcome!

11. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Complaining of lurkers??
    Always :) !!

See, you´re waiting for replys so hopefully and there are people who could but don´t reply anyting *grr*

Angel_Skywalker

12. Aeron_Azzameen1839

Aeron_Azzameen1839 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    I was clapping for Mel. She's the best mush writer I know!

13. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Great idea MC. I think that would be fun. Little snippets of our fics would be very cool and will make me want to read some of yours! *pats MC on that back*

*hugs mel* welcome you will fit in great! We are all feedback wanters and lovers of feedback.

14. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Thanks, Ganki. I'm not suggestion that this become a scene-posting, advertisement thread, because I personally never read them all anyway on those threads *ducks* but I think many of us are looking for fics that we might like to read, or authors who impress us, so this will be a help.

*tries to think of a good scene to put up*

This is from Legacy. It is about the first person to ever touch the Force, Nastom, and the founder of the Old Republic, Kos. In this post, they are children (Nastom is sixteen, Kos is fourteen, and Nastom's little sister is three). He has just started doing strange things he can't understand, and in this post he discovers the Force.

They were panting when they reached the little house. Kos struggled to keep up with Nastom's long-legged strides, and finally had to ask him to slow down.

"Sorry," he said shortly, slowing to a more manageable pace.

The two young people burst into the kitchen, where Maria watched Nastia as the child traced patterns in the dust on the floor. "Nastom!" Kos was saying. "I still don't understand!"

Nastom felt frustrated. He didn't understand either, yet Kos expected him to have all the answers. The answers that he did have she scoffed at. "Watch," he said tightly.

"Watch," echoed Nastia, looking adoringly up at her brother. Nastom closed his eyes, picturing the cup that sat on the scarred table. He pictured it in his mind, then imagined his hand reaching out. He could almost feel it between his fingers. He shoved.

Silence. Nastom opened his eyes to see the cup lying on its side, and a small stream of water dripping over the edge of the table. "See?"

Kos's brown eyes were wide. "I don't believe it," she said, sounding dazed.

"Believe it," Nastom said harshly. Maybe now she would understand. Something inside him was crying out to do something about the situation, before any more lives were destroyed. He could still feel the cries of the villagers in his soul, screaming in pain and fear. He could feel his father, and his mother, and Seeta. Or rather, he could feel that they weren't there anymore. He had never realized how much a part of him they were, and now they were gone. It will never happen again, he promised himself. Never.

"Okay, Nastom," Kos said sternly, her stunned daze gone. "How did you do that?"

"I don't know. Do you believe me?"

"I don't know." She sounded doubtful, but still rock-hard. "I'll figure that out some other time. But I need to know. Is all this connected?"

"All what?"

She stamped her foot impatiently. "The mind-controlling thing, and this knocking stuff over. Is it connected? Do you do the same thing?" She shook with frustration and confusion. "How does it all fit together?!"

Nastom closed his eyes, thinking. He could still feel her bewilderment emanating from her. "I can feel your shock," he said softly. It was replaced by surprise. He realized he could feel Maria's gentle puzzlement from beside him. His eyes flew open in wonder. "I can feel you!" he exclaimed. A strange excitement built up inside him, and he thought he would burst. "It's like I can tell where you are by the feelings coming from you! Like they create ripples in the air . . . Only it's not the air. It's something else."

She took a deep breath. "You mean it's people that are the connection?"

"I think so." Nastom closed his eyes again, reaching out. He felt like a child learning to walk, getting farther each time. Nastia sat playing at his feet, a bright shining star in his mind. There was something there between them. Something vibrating with-- expectancy? He reached out farther, straining against the voice inside him yelling, "This is impossible! Impossible!"

Suddenly he felt a tingling at his fingertips. He lifted a hand, and felt something touch it. He opened his eyes. Kos had put her hand on his, and was staring at him. "What?" She watch

15. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Well, I might as well post here, since the 4 fanfics I've written are dying slow, painful deaths. :)
    There are links to all four in my member profile, under "bio"; just a note, though: they're all OT fanfics, focusing on my original character, 9-LOM. No AU, no Jedi. :)

16. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Okiedoki! Now my turn that was a great lillte preview. Now here is mine for my up and coming fic Seeking Light that will be on the board by this evening! Here it is it is a nice little Obi/Angst/mush fic! Enjoy! It is just some little parts of some of it.

Qui-Gon felt a disturbance in the force. what could it be? //mas..ter...help.....m-me...// He felt a surge of pain through there bond. "Obi-Wan!" He ran out of the quarters the shared. What could of
    Happened.

There was a group of young ones all gathered up outside the classroom. He felt fear coming from them. What happened here? He shoved throw the crowd. There lay Obi-wan and Bant at his side crying. There was a tug on his heart when he saw this. Slowly he moved down to one knee in front of Obi-Wan. He felt a tear escape his eyes. "Bant what happened?"

"STOP IT!" pulling his hands over his head. as if trying to block the memories from coming. He wanted them to stop but they wouldn?t. The tears started to fall. "No one will listen no one will ever listen. No one cares even if they pretend they do. they lie, they lie. THEY LIE! No one wants me, no one will ever want me. Everyone dies because of me, everyone suffers because of me!"

"The blackness will destroy the boy. He won?t last much longer. Poor Qui-Gon now he must live with the death of the boy." smile cursed the dark mans face. How he enjoyed every moment of this torture. "No one will ever no I was the reason Obi-Wan will be destroyed, but they will know I am the reason the Jedi will be destroyed!"

"Tell me what happened to you. Just two days ago you were fine. Tell me what is wrong and I will help. I will do anything to help you. Padawan."

"Shut up!" before knowing what was happening a powerful force push slammed into him. Feeling him self being pushed into the door and feeling the door brake. While everything turned black.

He looked down and saw a light coming from the under the ice. He was amazed by it, he couldn?t take his eyes off of the yellow light. He reached out to it with the force. He imagined that is what had drawn him out into the lake. Then before he could react the ice broke from beneath him. Falling into the freezing cold water.

He kept sinking down wards not even trying to reach the surface. Falling farther and farther down until he could almost reach the yellow light. He felt the energy emanating off of it

Blinking, he realized that he would die down there if he didn?t get air soon. Moving his legs and his arms as fast as he could towards the surface until he reached the ice layer. he started to bang on the ice over and over until it broke under the pressure of his fists.

Kit?sune could see Obi-Wan was hurting from deep inside but she didn't know why. He knew Qui-Gon cared deeply for the boy, and would never leave him alone. Something was happening to him in his mind but what.

She looked up just noticing Obi-Wan falling back onto his bed. Running towards the boy she but her hand in his. "Please Obi-Wan don?t go again. don?t go back to that place. Please I know something is happening to you. Just don?t leave us again." weeping she fell into the chair again. Her first patient was dying on her and she could do nothing about it.

there are some little parts hope you read the new fic Seeking Light

17. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    This is really a good idea!!!

The part you choose is really interesting Ganki!!!

Perhaps I´ll do it my self, but I´m not sure, which parton which fic!!

PLEASE CONTINUE ANYONE,

Can´t wait for the next story!!

18. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    C'mon, people! As feedback junkies we all know exactly what we want, and that is CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK!!! If someone posts his/her scene, let him/her know exactly what you liked or didn't. I'll read the latest one and comment on it.

19. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Ganki-- First of all, cool scene! I was a little confused by what was going on though. Who was speaking the lines about corrupting the Jedi and killing Obi-Wan? Also, who's your beta, just out of curiosity? :) INteresting, though. I didn't know what was going on in that scene, but it seemed like you have a good grasp of action sequences.

20. Aeron_Azzameen1839

Aeron_Azzameen1839 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    Hey, if anyone else would like to post part of their story up, feel free to! I like to read different types of stories.

21. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Thank you Mcily_Nochi. I just took little scenes and about now knowing about who wants to kill Obi that is for a reason.

Oh and about a Beta at the moment I don't have one and am trying to find one. I haven't had one for a while and I am terrible at grammer! heehee.

Thanks again for the nice comments everyone now if your bored you can read my series! lol

Oh sorry if one of you guys would like to be a Beta I am in need of one! Thanks ^_^

22. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    I would help you, but I'm currently in the midst of five beta projects at once. :) I'm in high demand. :D But there's a thread here listing betas, and on the Archive there's a beta-reader mailing list. Good luck!

23. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    I realy like this idea, so here's my little contribution to give you a taste of what I
    was working on.

It's an AU retake on Empire Strikes Back, and while some of it remains the same, there
    are major portions that I've pretty well thrown out the window. See for yourself...

Part 2.

The next morning when Yoda rose, he was surprised to find his pupil sitting
    on the log outside his shelter, and it was all too easy to tell he was
    greatly troubled by something.

"Sleep well did you, young one?"

Luke looked up with a slight smile.

"Good morning, Master Yoda." He rubbed a hand across his eyes. "To be honest,
    I hardly slept at all. I just had a bad dream, that's all."

Yoda looked at him thoughtfully. "Certain are you that a dream is all it
    was?"

Luke pondered for a moment on what Yoda was saying. Certainly there was
    something odd about it, as if it had a feeling of being more real than any
    other dreams he could remember, but if that was the case, then...

"What else could it be?"

Yoda settled in front of Luke, and started gnawing on the end of his Gimer
    Stick. He knew he would have to tread carefully in how much he could tell
    Luke at this point in his training.

"Through the Force can things be seen. The future, the past, old friends long
    gone. Much care is needed, though. Always in motion is the future. That which
    is seen does not always come to pass."

Luke sat there, enraptured by Yoda's words. To be able to see the future, to
    tell what someone was going to do before they even thought of it... before he
    could get too carried away with the idea, Yoda's admonishment from the first
    night they met rang in his ears.

<Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing.>

<I guess I still have a lot to learn.> He thought to himself with a wry
    smile. Pulling back to focus on his situation however, he felt a startling
    shock - one he felt when he had first landed. His head snapped up and to the
    right, and he rose to his feet, taking a couple of steps in the direction he
    was facing, his hand dropping to the hilt of the blaster strapped to his leg.
    Artoo shrilled sharply, nudging against Luke's leg to get his attention.

"There's someone out there watching us."

Yoda closed his eyes, focusing, and Luke could feel the flow of the Force
    building in him. After a handful of seconds, he relaxed, and shook his head.

"No one there is watching us. Unlikely it is, without my knowing."

Luke frowned to himself. Maybe he wasn't as well trained as Yoda, but he knew
    enough to trust his instincts.

"But Master, I'm sure if..."

"Sleep you did not. Rest you need." Yoda gazed up at his young charge. "Yes.
    A rest. No training shall we do today. Recover your strength, and meditate on
    what you have learned."

Luke nodded wearily, feeling more tired than he could ever remember. He
    turned for the door and went to his room, collapsing onto the platform he
    used for a bed and falling asleep within minutes.

"Interesting this is. Much power he has."

"He is his father's son." Obi wan's voice replied.

"Much care must we take. Great danger it could cause if learns too much too
    quickly he does."

"What of your... other apprentice? Will they meet?"

Yoda shook his head. "Much is still to be prepared. No mistakes can we afford.
    On the outcome does so much depend."

24. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
  25. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    OMG Great news I just went to see how my new fic did and gueess what! Eight (8) replies. I am so happy. I never have gotten eight replies just for one post! (Needed to get that out)

Hey any body else with good news about there fanfiction?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.