main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Fields of Elysia - (Qui/Obi, OCs, JA) - *9th Update - 23/9*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ithesock, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Wow, this one is really good. I'm wondering in what time it takes place. How much longer till TPM?

Wonderfully written. Your characters seem absolutely real and your use of descriptions is great. I'm really looking forward to where you're going with this. :)

2. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Where was I when you posted this? I'm glad you gonna continue this. I will keep up this time & I will look foward for more. :D [:D]

3. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    First you chain me up to a PC, drive my muse nuts...and then you have to get clairvoyant as well. Aaargh. [shakes fist] And only ten minutes! [settles down at PC, mumbling] gettoworkgettowork... [face_laugh]

Ah, but what you fail to see , dear Ithesock, is that you possess a talent for writing that I could never hope to achieve. Your writing is flawless, the characters divine (bows to VaderLVR64) and you leave no room for improvement simply because there is no way it could get any better. I would curse your skill if I didn't like it so much!

In a sacrifical honour I will smash my crystal ball so not to further upset you. If another one happens to land in my keeping I will not in any way pass it on to Seven, who will definintely not, as per the secret agreement that doesn't exist, hold you for ransom for more gorgeous stories. (Psst, It's up to you now Seven!) [face_whistling]

4. Kadi

Kadi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    Poor Amri-Lon. I can't wait to see how Qui-Gon reacts when he learns the man's last name. This is going to be interesting. :D I love how you are writing Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

*does another little happy dance, then waits expectantly*

5. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    I loved "Far From Home" and this is equally amazing! I'm so happy to see these characters again. They stole my heart! :D

6. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    So this river Qui-Gon is frolicking in and throwing fruits at his apprentice from--is it the "River of Light" where there are Force sensitive stones?

Edit: Fumble-fingered typos...

7. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    ~mouth falls open is shock~

River_Stone, you're not really going to leave this all up to me are you?

Not that we were planning anything at all!

Of course we weren't!

~shakes head furiously before hoarding all of her fortune telling things away before her greatly beloved Master can take them from her~

We are hiding and planning nothing!

~waves hand~

We are not planning anything.

~waves hand again~

And this story will now go to the top!

Where all of Masters stories belong!

~laughter~

Seven

8. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Wonderful! I read the first story and I certainly think you've done all the characters justice! I'm sure VaderLVR is proud! :D

9. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    that was wonderful- I needed a sweet happy post today after such a horrible afternoon. I especially liked his chosen partner of fate (or a vengeful destiny, as the chief put it to himself during one of his more exhausted moments)

10. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Oh, I love this story so far! Thanks to VaderLVR64 for pointing it out!

I love the banter between the three. Be careful what you wish for! [face_laugh] I'm glad Amri-Lon gets to see Qui-Gon though, and with Obi-Wan.

Can't wait for more! =D=

11. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Wow. So many replies. [:D] you all.

dianethx...your comment gave me the warm fuzzies. Thank you. [face_love]. I only hope I can do justice to your expectations.

jeday - thanks!

Kynstar...>>>LOL with Drie and Arid!>> - aha, you got the connection. :) . Thank you.

VaderLVR64... [evil Palpy voice] You will be still, Lord Vader... :D. Haven't made you wait long, I think. Here's the next. [Wow, I made vadey go insane with my cliffie!]. And I must thank you for the plug. [face_love]

LOL, Seven...cookies! Lenora giving her son cookies! [views this interesting possibility] :D . Your thoughts are 'a thing of beauty and a joy forever.' [face_laugh]

Shaindl...you think there's a plot? Then why do I get these jitters about there not being one? [shakes head]. But if it makes you happy... :) . Also I introduced the social-climbers for a good reason. It's good to have a contrast, doesn't it? :D

kateydidnt...hello! Thanks for loving it. Amri will know far more about Qui than Qui himself. I think. Maybe. :)

mouse2...thanks for dropping in. Hope you'll like it. :)

Indra...thank you. I was going to bring the time in a later post. :). Obi's about 19, in this one.

LilQui-Gon...[:D] in return. Thanks for keeping track of this!

Wow, River_Stone...those comments kept me in stratosphere, for a while. :D . [bows humbly]. So that's what's keeping me tied up [eyes crystal ball]. You have a secret agreement! With Seven! What am I going to do against a pair of...of...[finds herself strapped even tightly to PC, and shrieks]. Do I at least get pizza breaks or something?

Kadi..[teaches K more steps for happy dance] - thanks. :)

AnakinsHeir...they're wonderful characters indeed. :)

kateydidnt...river-stone? What river-stone? [face_whistling]

Seven...no secret agreement...no plans...no...[face_hypnotized]. [sits up suddenly]. What are doing to me? [Psst: thanks for the up. :)]

LukesTheMan...thank you. I certainly hope so.

PadawanKitara...first of all, [:D] for your awful day. Cheer up, ma pauvre.
    And thank you. :)

Jedi_Tigris...be careful what you wish for, indeed. :D

A word, before the next. I'm writing this the way I see it - so it might be descriptive/mushy/fluffy...I hope this suits your taste. :D.

Also wondering if there really is a plot. Sigh.

Note: Master C'Lyn Bortan belongs to VaderLVR64 as well. :) . Drie and Arid Bord'ah are mine. :D

III

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn was conscious of conflicting emotions as he looked at the man in front of him.

He was aware of the state of his tunics; about the fact that as a Jedi, he was required to present a pristine picture at all times, rather than the appearance of one who had spent the better part of the day wallowing in shallow streams. He suppressed a slight twinge of irritation - weren't they enjoying a day off from their pressing Jedi duties, and weren't they entitled to a day of freedom from prying eyes, from stiff and unbending protocol? Qui-Gon could be an exacting and stern master as and when the situation demanded...but he was aware of Jedi resilience - and human tolerance.

Add to that the fact that Naboo was, indeed, a planet worthy of being extolled for its beauty - especially considering the wealth it represented to him, in terms of the Living Force. He had been conscious of every blade of grass, every ripple of water, and every bird that sang it way through the heavens - the urge to experience it all, for even the brief period they were on-planet, had been overwhelming. Their business at the Theed Royal Palace completed, he had dragged Obi-Wan away from the stifling confines of Royalty and rigid discipline, to the soothing green depths of the Gergen sector - a place he had visited once, long, long ago.

Here it was, years before, that he had once spent a whole night walking, walking, with no

12. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    LOL!!! [face_laugh] "Country bred..."

Oh this was awesome!!!! He now knows! Poor Lenora, what a way to meet your long lost son. Wow this is gonna get interesting awful quick like! Definitely took Obi by surprise too! Let alone Qui! [face_laugh]

Great work! And what a way to leave it as such :p

13. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    ~bounces happily at the new post~

Huzzah! Master Jinn knows!

But Master, what a place to leave us... It's just not fair!

~pouts~

Again though, your discriptiveness was something to be held in highest amazement. Beautiful and wonderful, even when describing the hills of the planet. It was dreamy.

And "Farmer Lon" keeping it a secret from the Jedi until they got to the door and his wife spoilt the surprise.
    ~pouts~
    Old men who are helped by Jedi have no right to be so deseptive. Even if they are said Jedi's perants.

Obiiiii! I feel bad for Obi. What's a Padawan... or even a JEDI to do when faced with such a situation? ... I have half a mind to think that Lenora will take to Obi-Wan as a grandson, prying him for stories about his "Father". That would be fun to see!

I have a feeling that that Meditation session will have to wait a while now.

Nice throwing the Jedi off balance.... again. You seem to have a way with them.

Again, a wonderful post Master!

~smiles so sweetly that it could probably make your teeth rot~

~sugary sweet voice~ And I'm not doing anything to you... Nothing at all.

Your Devoted Little One
    Seven

14. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, that was just beautiful. Never worry again about your language. Just perfect. That could have been so over the top and it wasn't. Absolutely perfect. These lines in particular...

Tendrils of Force swept around him, the homestead, and the man and woman in front of him; in his mind?s eye he saw them gleam, throwing the bright Naboo day into further brilliance...

Farmer Lon next turned to Qui-Gon himself, eyes much too bright. ?Welcome to the Jinn household. ? His voice broke.

The tendrils came together in a swirling mass of light and exploded; showering him with sparkling, incandescent beauty?and fell silent.

...were amazing. Summed all the emotions up wonderfully. The addition of Drie at the end to contrast against all the joy was great too.

Great job. Definitely one of my favourite stories now. :)

Shaindl

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Her eyes flicked over the Jedi, and then back at him, searching for answers, puzzled at his strange tone.

That made me cry! :_| What a lovely reunion!

Qui-Gon felt the Force swirl around him?watching; waiting; expectant?

The farmer continued, voice unsteady, and Qui-Gon wondered vaguely about why this should be so. ?Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi, and?? Farmer Lon looked deep into her eyes again. ??Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.?

Tendrils of Force swept around him, the homestead, and the man and woman in front of him; in his mind?s eye he saw them gleam, throwing the bright Naboo day into further brilliance...

Farmer Lon next turned to Qui-Gon himself, eyes much too bright. ?Welcome to the Jinn household. ? His voice broke.

The tendrils came together in a swirling mass of light and exploded; showering him with sparkling, incandescent beauty?and fell silent.

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn was aware of a sudden stillness in which he distinctly felt Obi-Wan stiffen into ram-rod straightness?

I can't wait to see what happens next. And I'm happy and honored to give you a mention, sockie! Uh, will chocolate hurry up the next post????

16. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Oh God. is it my imagination, or are the apostrophes and quotes all haywire???? :eek:

17. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    They have, sockie. [face_laugh]

Now, back to reading. :D

EDIT: I didn't think it was possible, but the language and description in this is even more beautiful than your previous efforts. Just flawlessly fluid and distinct. I'm loving the plot, and the emotions of both Qui-Gon and the poor, elderly man. I can't wait for more!

18. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Socky? You posted a new story and did not inform moi? For shame *shakes head*

Aww, I'll let you off. What a wonderful story!

19. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    The time of unmasking has come - and to those waiting with bated breath (or not), I now reveal myself. (strategy-wise, this probably isn't the best thing to do - but it's the right time to do so. :)

By now, a good many people know who 'ithesock' truly is - this is for the benefit of those who didn't/don't know. It is I, Princess_Arulmozhi.

Why the sudden unveiling, you ask?

The terrible possibility of double nominations, in the The Awards approaching - under this name, as well as my alias. Truth be told, the possibility didn't occur to me until someone actually mentioned it happening - I thought (and still think) that a nom is a very remote possibility, and this is mostly an issue of academic interest.

I simply wanted - and still want - to avoid confusion, and complications. You know what I mean, I think.

That said...need I say that writing under a sock was a delightful experience? I loved the intrigue, mystery and driving-everyone-crazy part of it. <looks at PK ;) >. The inspiration came from the Obi-Wan Challenge thread...for which I'm truly thankful.

I'll be continuing to post under my sock-name, though. :)

EDIT: Whaddaya know? Midnight, exactly. Where I live.

20. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    It must've been so much fun to deceive us all. :) I have to admit, I had an inkling, but only because I was recognizing the lovely, distinct tone of your writing. Great job, sneeaky one!

21. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I've known who you were for some time but I figured I could keep a secret. Your writing is so lovely under either name but you had given yourself away by posting under Princess_A and then erasing it, leaving nothing there but an empty post. LOL. Plus your writing style was similar to P_A.

I adored this. You certainly know how to up the tension, letting Qui-Gon be irritated that his vacation was interrupted. And Obi-Wan's amusement only added to the mix. And as it creeped along, buidling and building, I was just having such a good time reading it. Loved that his Mom dropped the plate and the neighbors thought it was crass. LOL.

I love that he was born on Naboo and would die there. Balance in all things.

An absolutely wonderful story. I look forward to seeing where you are going with it.

22. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    So, Master, you decided to let the world know? o_O Very nice.

Does that mean I can yell random praise about your other stories without getting into trouble now? [-o|

Because you know, all of your stories are magnificent!

~dances happily~

Still, I stand enchanted by all that you do,
    You remained behind a sock, that is true,
    But the words that you wove,
    And the hieghts to which you strove,
    Inspiring us all,
    And we will stand tall,
    To salute the author behind the sock!
    Simply because... you rock. [:D]

~giggles~ 8-}

Still,
    Your Devoted Little One,
    Seven

23. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Ahah! All is revealed!

24. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    "Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn was aware of a sudden stillness in which he distinctly felt Obi-Wan stiffen into ram-rod straightness..."

It begins! :D

Another lovely post [face_love] I can't help but wonder if the evil neighbour will be a contributing factor to Obi-Wan's buried anxieties - I can just see her mouthing off in a rage and him taking the insults as an accurate reflection of his personal status/standing with his Master. Very well done.

"By now, a good many people know who 'ithesock' truly is - this is for the benefit of those who didn't/don't know. It is I, Princess_Arulmozhi."

But you are still chained to a PC, right? As long as words continue to flower from your fingertips I will glady accept you in whatever name and form you choose to present yourself.

And Seven, I am relying on you to make sure your Master keeps writing. I'm off to get her a pizza. She's earned it. (Nice mind trick, by the way ;))

[:D]

25. CapNJaxWench

CapNJaxWench Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    This story is so beautifully done! =D= Kudos to both authors for making these characters and this story come alive!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.