main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Fields of Elysia - (Qui/Obi, OCs, JA) - *9th Update - 23/9*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ithesock, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Rest assured River_Stone, I will do all in my power to keep Master ithesock/Princess_Arulmozhi, writting.

You need have no fear of that.

Now, I need to go bake brownies, to be sure that Master doesn't figure out I used a mind trick, and maybe coax a post out of her that much sooner.

Seven

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Crazy? Who me?

*waves hand in front of the Princess* Pay no attention to the PMs; You didn't receive any PMs

Thanks for another great chapter.

3. Kadi

Kadi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    [tries new dance steps and ends up falling flat on face]

Uh...so I'm not a dancer. ;)

Loved the reunion. Now I want more. :D I can't wait for the upcoming conversation between Qui-Gon and his parents.

Post soon...please? [face_batting]

4. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Okay, I have caught up on this now, so I can start posting.

I have to say I loved Qui-Gon's childlike excitement about the river. We just don't see enough with Jedi just resting.

"Welcome to the Jinn household."

That was perfect. Just the non-chalant welcome, while emotional chaos is breaking it out all around.

I suspected you were P_A, and now that I know for sure, there is the little matter about a fic with a marble that I've been meaning to ask you about. [face_mischief]

5. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Beautiful descriptions! Love Qui-Gon's thoughts about just wanting a quiet break to spend with Obi-Wan, but not getting it. :) Great job with the emotions too. What a shock for Lenora, Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan! Wonder how they'll react to each other, once they recover from the shock. ;) Funny bit at the end, "country bred" [face_laugh] She has no idea what caused it. ;)

6. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Totally un-Jedi like sentiments I am feeling right now... I just want to rub it in Drie's face... [face_laugh]

Fantastic chapter!!!
    Beautiful work, i loved Qui-Gon's mildly annoyed bit because he really does want a break, but I think this will end up being far more interesting! And I really can't wait for the consternation of the council.

[face_thinking]
    I have to somehow nom this for something...

7. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    Ooooo! Lady kateydidnt, that's a wonderful idea!

I'll back you on that one!

8. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Wonderful chapter. I love your descriptions. The emotions of the characters are beautifully portrayed and their actions are always believable.

You managed to write the reunion perfectly. I'm really interested in how Qui-Gon will react to all of this and where Obi-Wan will fit in.

Your writing is fantastic. Please continue soon. :)

9. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Reply-time. :). But first, a **huge** thank you for the nominations...sigh. @};- To everyone who did!

Kynstar: What a place to leave it indeed. :p. I loved writing Drie, I tell you. :D

Seven...<is dazzled by Seven's sugary sweet smile> My teeth are fine, I think - so I shall probably escape this time. [face_laugh]. Thank you. I feel for Obi too: I'm wondering if he'll take to Lenora at once, or decide to go or huffy with follow-the-code-precision, and drag Qui-Gon far, far, away...

Shaindl...<heaves sigh of relief> Thank you. :). I'm glad the Force-workings turned out all right - especially since they were an after-thought. So was adding Drie. But just imagine the possibilties of an inquisitive Mrs. Know-it-all...who is deliciously ignorant. :)

>>>Definitely one of my favourite stories now.>>> Mean to say it wasn't, until now? :p

VaderLVR64...It made you cry! That's supposed to be a sad thing - but I'm a perverse creature, so it makes me very happy :D. Thanks! Chocolate. <falls into day-dream> mmm...might help. Where? Where?

LE...even your reviews are lyrical works of art. How I envy you. :). Thank you. Me? The sneaky One? Nahh... I always had the (sneaky) suspicion that everyone knew exactly who I was. What with you and your dancing icons. :D

dianethx...LOL. I never could fool you, I think. I could have kicked myself with that bumble in 'Leaves...' - I wondered how many had seen it. :). And then, there was always that indulgent 'I-know-but-I'll-let-you-go-ahead-with-this-tomfoolery' tone in your comments that made me want to...tear off the sock, I guess. [face_laugh]. Thank you, m'lady. I'm glad you're loving it - your comments always mean much to me.

-Darksaber-...<with profuse apologies to DS> Thank you.:D

<Watches Seven dance a jig>...I'm gratified by your enthusiasm, little One. A poem too. <goes pink> Wow. Thank you. :)

River_Stone...want angst in heavy doses, do you? I'll see what I can do. :) <waits for pizza, now that she's chained well and truly> What with Force sensitive River_Stones and Little Ones, I'm being forced against my will...well, maybe not. :p.

>>>As long as words continue to flower from your fingertips I will glady accept you in whatever name and form you choose to present yourself.>>>

<goes pink again> Thank you. You don' know how glad that made me. :)

CapNJaxWench...welcome, and thank you!

Seven...mind trick...eh, what? <blinks> ooh, brownies!
    :D

PadawanKitara: Another mind-trick?! <groans> At this rate, my mind's going to a hypnotized mess. What's that they say in 'MIB'?? <resolves not to forget PK's queries about being Alli-Wan, anyway>

Thanks, fellow clif-hangerer. :D

Kadi...<settles Kadi down and hands her a brownie> I'm working on the next post - which I'm now rather nervous about. :) Thanks.

Master_Noi...<bows> Thank you. I wanted Qui to want a vacation too. >>>there is the little matter about a fic with a marble that I've been meaning to ask you about.>> Marbles, eh? Marbles. Where have I heard that word, before? Marbles...

Gimme some time, pleasepleaseplease...I'll get back to it, I promise. :D

Jedi_Tigris...LOL. No, Drie has no idea. So much fun, that way, when she finally...er. :) Thanks for reading!

kateydidnt: The Council..hmm. Qui-Gon's a master, and not the type that's easily intimidated. I have a feeling he'll stare Mace and Yoda out of countenance, and say 'I will do what I must.' :D Thanks for reading ;)

Indra...welcome back. Thank you - I'm glad the characters are believable. I'll post soon. :)

Working on the next post...

...in which everyone is stunned witless. More or less.

10. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    Oh! Yay! Working on new posts is a good thing!

Does that mean we can expect one soon?

Oh, but Master! You shouldn't tease like that! ~pouts~ I don't think Obi-Wan would have the heart to drag Qui-Gon away, or even say anything about it unless forced... but then again, if he was getting all emotionally unbalanced, I wouldn't put it passed him not to go about ranting about the "Rules of Jedi Conduct 101" at everyone within earshot... ~ponders~

~shakes self~

More soon please Master?

~pleads with big blue-grey eyes~ Pleeeease?

~gives you chocolate chip cookies for creativity and carrots for the plot bunnies~

Please Master?

Your (begging) Devoted Little One,
    Seven

11. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Seven...LOL. Here's your post.

Am sort of inching my way along with this...

IV

The light dazzled him.

He had a brief image of sparkling colours; of brightness piercing him?he closed his eyes for a moment, and drew in his breath sharply, as he realised that the light was tracing a path?a path that encompassed all those who stood in the dusty courtyard, unaware of the scorching sun.

A bright white trail that wove its way around the old woman and man and his master?

Amri Lon Jinn?? Where had that come from? What about the ?Farmer? epithet?? Why not give a complete name?oh.

The answer struck him at the same instant it must have struck his master, and he stiffened immediately. While Qui-Gon?

The apprentice blinked; trying to assimilate what he had just learnt. It could not be. These people could not be?the surname could be a coincidence. What if it were spelt differently? Basic was a curious language?it could be D?Jinn, it could be Gin, it could be?

The Force had fallen silent?too silent. Leaving behind the strange after-math of light that threw all of them into sharp relief.

Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi?s conscious mind might yet rebel, but in his heart of hearts, he knew the truth. They were bound, these three people. By forces more primeval than archaic traditions, rules and regulations. It was evident in the way the woman was staring at his master, eyes widened, mouth slightly parted, and in the way her hands moved forward slightly, trembling?the farmer was no different. He looked transfixed, for all intents and purposes. As for Qui-Gon, the object of their fascination?

Obi-Wan felt past dissipating numbness, and noted that his master had gone completely still.

It had happened, on occasion. To be still did not mean stillness of body?an easy enough accomplishment for a well-trained initiate. Stillness of mind, now?that was truly an accomplishment of a master?this curious ability to stop all thoughts and musings and bring one?s mind to a complete halt. He had known Qui-Gon to do it, sometimes, as a means of allowing information?and letting his mind take a brief respite, before he processed it, so to speak. He was doing it now, which meant?

Ah, yes. Strong shields rose up in an instant, blocking his access from his master?s mind. He stared at the tableau before him, much more concerned now with Qui-Gon?s reactions to the developments, rather than his surroundings?especially when he warned me to be aware?

?How do you know?why do you think??? Obi-Wan began, feeling vaguely intrusive. He had to speak?he had to know.

The lady still stared at his master, as though unable to tear her eyes from his face?Obi-Wan wondered if she was even aware of his presence. Amri-Lon, however, had turned slightly, and after a slight hesitation, opened his mouth as though to speak.

At which moment, the homestead next to their courtyard seemed to show signs of activity. One of the windows over-looking the courtyard opened, and someone seemed to be looking out. Whoever it was appeared to be ready to call out?

He sensed an abrupt, rushing feeling through his mind, like sea-waves turning back on themselves?the tight shields had relaxed, and he felt Qui-Gon re-affirm himself to the present.

?May we step inside?? The master?s voice reached him, low and deep. Obi-Wan placed a tentative hand on Amri-Lon?s arm?he still could not quite adjust his mind to the fact that he could be a Jinn?while Qui-Gon reached a hand towards the lady. They moved towards the open doors, conscious of having attracted the attention of others around the courtyard.

Predictably, it was Qui-Gon who reached the doors first, opened it, and stepped inside. Obi-Wan entered almost on his footsteps. Both Jedi paused for a moment on the threshold, surveying the distinctly rural touches, combined with subtle touches of urbanity that combined to gave the room a cultured, yet lived-in look. Comfortable chairs rested here and there, while a table filled wit

12. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehe figured Qui would believe it w/o a doubt since the Force showed him in a sense.

Poor Obi...he is most definitely gonna feel out of place that's for sure!

Loved Lenora! Touching his face and hair, stating the obvious to reassure herself and reconfirm her perspective. [face_love] This is gonna be sweet! :D

13. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Qui-Gon's in a strange place now...

14. Kadi

Kadi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    Wow. I loved Qui-Gon's reaction to his parents, and vice versa. :)

Lovely post. [:D]

More soon? :D

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Lovely. I loved the way you had Lenora touching Qui-Gon, as if she had the right to do so. And Qui-Gon allowed it, without flinching, knowing that attachment was forbidden to him but not to them. A wealth of emotion. And yet poor Obi-Wan. Not knowing what to do.

Great job. Loving it!

16. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I loved all the emotional sparring and Obi-Wan's desire to just do something about the situaiton, even if he didn't know what to do.

I'm afraid Obi-Wan may feel a little uncomfortable about all this. I hope he doesn't feel too much out of the circle.

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I absolutely love this story and I am so pleased with what you've done with these characters! I'm so glad Qui-Gon is staying for a bit. But I am a tad worried about those neighbors! :D

18. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Very touching. I love the reaction of the parents, contrasting with the quiet reaction of Qui-Gon. But this is certainly going to be a strange time for Obi-Wan. I couldn't help thinking during the wonderful passage in which he said there was a light linking the three of them, that he wasn't included in that. :(

Great chapter. =D=

19. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    ~comes in doing a happy dance~

There's a new post! Yay!

[:D]

Now that was priceless! Beautiful, and once again marvelously written.

Obi-Wan reacted perfectly! Not to mention Qui... He did wonderfully as well. That he would agree is so like him.

I so enjoyed the fact that our dearly beloved poster Jedi were shell shocked, and then absorbed in themselves, that Qui's mother had to make the first move.

All in all Master, wonderful all over again.

More? Please?

Your Devoted Little One,
    Seven

20. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Once again a beautiful chapter Princess! I don't have a lot of time right now and I won't be around a computer for the next five days or so...but I just had to comment. I loved this chapter! Very well done, showing Qui-Gon dealing with the surprise of his life and Obi-Wan's reaction (Do I sense a little jealousy?) were great.

Go Lenora! Making the first move.

Tehee, watch them all escape from the neighbor's gaze!

21. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    How sweet! What's wrong with Obi-Wan? He always act weird in moments like this. [face_thinking] But anyway, this chapter is so sweet! [face_love]

22. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwww Princess_A .. I suspected that ithesock was you, but I wasn't sure... your style of quoting once >>>>> like this <<<<<< gave you away ;)

Just letting you know I"m still here reading :) I fell behind but now I'm caught up :D Such great chapters too! You're doing so well, but that's no surprise coming from you ;)

23. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    well done. I like the different reactions between the people in the room.

24. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Oh, I really love this story! It's so nice to come back after an absence with such a lovely home-coming gift waiting for me!

Amri-Lon is really, really wonderful. You totally deserve the nomination for him. I loved the Jinn family in "Far From Home," and you've really captured the characters well.

I really felt for everyone in this fourth chapter--the emotion is so raw, so powerful. I liked the image of Qui-Gon "going still" like that. Completely understandable. It was interesting to see it all from Obi-Wan's perspective, too--as a bit of an outsider in this, his view is likely the clearest.

Wow, I can't wait for more! I've read bunches of stories with Obi-Wan meeting his folks, but this is a new take, and it's extremely interesting.

25. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Beautiful! I love the different reactions from each of the four. Lovely descriptions about how Lenora went to Qui and said how she would always know him. :) Poor Obi though, I think he's feeling a bit out of place. I wonder what his uneasy feeling is about? So sweet that Qui agreed to stay for a little while. Can't wait to see what the neighbors think! ;)

Great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.