main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Fields of Elysia - (Qui/Obi, OCs, JA) - *9th Update - 23/9*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ithesock, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Finally caught up! I didn't realize how far behind I had gotten! I echo what everyong else is saying Poor *everyone* but Qui especially....

2. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    My what an absolutely marvelous story!!!! I adored the Jinns in VaderLVR's story, it's wonderful to get to see them again.

Can't wait to read more!

3. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2004
    I missed a post! I can't belive i missed a post. Oh well. I hope that Qui can figure out what he needs. It was a good post and can't wait for more.

4. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    ~glares at the defiant board~

How dare you not be posted on for four days.

I banish you! To the top!

Seven

5. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    I confess - I've been lurking around this fic since you got started on it, ithesock, and now decided to reveal myself since it's gotten buried so far back and deserves to be upped! =D=

When's the next post? Anytime soon? Oh, and I was just wondering - is this an AU offshoot of VaderLVR64's Far From Home? I got the impression that Jesetta and Exeldor knew of their brother, but not met him personally, as what seems likely to be the case in your fic.

6. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Kick it UP!
    Kick it UP!

Looking forward to more Princess!

7. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    I had always wondered what would happen if while on a mission a jedi ran into their family. I really like this, more please.[face_praying]

8. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    LOL. Thanks for the 'ups', dear ones. [:D] I'm working on it. Curse DRL.

Next post's about half done, actually...

9. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!! Post soon! [face_dancing]

10. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Looking forward to it!

11. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    Weeeeeeeee! I can't wait Master!

12. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    what a wonderful story! [face_dancing]

I was so pleased to see that there was another one featuring the Jinns, and yay Qui-Gon meets them!

But what's going to happen now? It seems Amri and Lenora's peaceful household has been thrown into turmoil.

And as for Obi-Wan hmm... [face_worried]

Can't wait for your update, please let me know when you post it, if it's not too much trouble! [:D]

13. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
  14. meg_an2006

meg_an2006 Jedi Knight

Mar 4, 2005
  15. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    This should not have fallen so far behind. Up we go. Post please?

16. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Thank you guys so much for your reviews...and the 'up's. [:D] Sorry I took so long to update - but there've been issues - and I'm still sick. But I managed to write some stuff. :)

Kynstar: Thanks. Poor Obi, left in a house full of Jinns indeed. Can he hold his own, under their scrutiny? :D

LuvEwan: My dear, your reviews never fail to put me on cloud nine. [face_blush] I'm glad you like the way I've written Qui/Obi...so here's more.

Shaindl: Lol. Jinn's trying to distance himself, indeed. And with good reason - at least according to him. Thanks. [:D]

My padawan: Thanks for the lovely review. I'm glad the story pulled you in - I'm always concerned about that, paddy mine. :D. You think Amri-Lon's inconsiderate? Hmm... [face_thinking] Now that's a different perspective. Thanks!

maychorian: Have you noticed that sometimes, when you're particularly tuned to something, it keeps catching your eye? I expect that's the way it caught Obi-Wan's eyes too. As for why Qui came here in the first place... Nothing very complicated, not at all. :D

VaderLVR64: <grabs Qui-Gon to herself> Its band enough that you've got Anakin... :mad: :D
    Thanks, Vadey.

dianethx: Qui's going to get some kind of message - whether its reassurance or not, is something else. Maverick he might be, but even he has his own code to follow. Foolish Obi-Wan indeed, but even if he's Jedi, he's still attached enough to Qui-Gon to feel a great many misgivings. Makes way for lots of angst, ya know. :D Thanks, m'lady.

Lady_Snow_Kaguya: Thank you. Yes, 'Setta's in shock. She's been used to ruling the roost, of sorts. And Amri can't help feeling nice to Obi. :D

PadawanKitara: <hugs> Thank you, PK.

Master_Noi: Yep, they do understand each other - but whether that understanding will last long... <hastily shakes head> Yes,. Yes, it will. Yes.

:D Thanks, Noi.

-Darksaber-: <bows> Thank you. :)

PadawanEstel: Everyone's very confused. And it will take some time resolving. :D Thanks for reading!

Gkilkenny: Thank you. :)

River_Stone: Wow...thank you. :D. As for being a professional author... sigh. One can always dream. :D

Jedi_Tigris: Qui-Gon's contact is coming up...now. Thanks for reading. :)

Layren: You would feel sorry for Qui-Gon. :D What about poor Obi, eh? Thanks for reading, dear. And I hope you're feeling miles better now.

Shadowolf: Lol, thanks. More comes up, now.

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L: Never mind about missing posts. I take a long enough time to update, anyway...ah well. :D thanks for reading.

Seven: <sighs at after-four-days post> Thank you young one. :) Drat RL...and other plot-bunnies.

Musing: Ah, my dear Musing...I'm glad you're still sticking with my writing - such as it is. Yup, its a spin-off of Vadey's story (which you probably know, by now) - and yes, 'Setta and Exeldor know of their brother, but don't know him personally.

kateydidnt, Seven: Thanks for the 'up's. [:D]

Aya-Na_Bashu: Thanks. Glad you liked it. :)

LilQui-Gon: Yay, at last. :D

JOINME: Turmoil indeed. We'll see how they shake themselves out, shall we? :D Thanks for reading.

Dragonlady, meg_an2006, Musing: Love ya. Post?s up. [:D]

I apologize for the long gap - I'll try a schedule or something, in future. <glares at muse>

VII

A tiny red mark on his upper arm. An angry bruise. A shocked wail. A frowning face, framed by waves of golden hair, and icy blue eyes.

It was not the ideal memory?but it was the earliest memory Exeldor had, of his sister.

It would be years before he understood the childish pinch for what it was?childish. He had been too young to understand it then, and had waddled to his mother, sobbing. Or so Lenora had told him.

Eventually the petty jealousies had worn off, sibling wars lost in bigger, larger attacks by others. It

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    OH, I liked that Setta was so jealous and yet the younger brother was willing to see this Jedi claiming to be his brother. I assume that Qui-Gon is making sure that the birth records agree with his parents.

Good job. Looking forward to more.

18. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    I just stumbled onto this! Wonderful story! I love the different reactions of the Jinns, and poor Obi Wan- he must be feeling very uncertain now :( Can't wait to what the next chapter brings us, namely QuiGon's heritage and maybe some more interaction between Obi and his family?
    Hope to see more soon [face_praying]

19. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Where's the rest of it? How could you leave it there?! :eek: :p

I loved the characterization of the brother and sister. So realistic. I especially like the brother, and how through being married and having children he has a new understanding of women.

Don't like that Obi-Wan was staring down at his plate. :( This has to be the strangest situation for him.

Once again, you write Qui-Gon just perfectly, the way he strides through the town and commands such curious attention and near-awe from others. =D=

I was so excited to see this updated I can't even tell you. Bravo! [face_dancing]

20. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    Hurray for updates!

I have a feeling that 'Setta and Obi-Wan would get on quite well if their characters allowed it - they are both afraid of losing something they love or being pushed out of the loop. I enjoy how you've written Exeldor, how he helped his sister and yet is still determined to meet a brother long since forgotten.

And don't worry about the length of time between posting. If you need Seven and I to throw things at DRL for you, we can. (We may end up running away in cowardly terror but the attempt will be there...as will sticks!)

21. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    Wow, Master! This is wonderful!

I loved the chat between siblings, and oh my word! Jinn found the man who found him????

MORE PLEASE!!!

Seven

22. meg_an2006

meg_an2006 Jedi Knight

Mar 4, 2005
    I was so glad to see this updated when I got home from work!! This chapter gave us a little peak into how deep a sister and brother relationship can go, you did wonderfully. Poor Obi-Wan though, I feel so bad for him, he must feel so uncomfortable, and for some reason I don't think he will get much comfort from Qui-Gon for a little bit. Can't wait for more!!

23. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Cool! =D= I loved the brother/sister talk. I can imagine having such a conversation with one my siblings when we're both adults, with the weight of our childhood in our words and actions, and the warmth of family between us in even in disagreement. I love them all! [:D] Every member of this family is so real and likable, and different.

Can't wait for more!

24. Musing

Oct 31, 2003
    Hurray! The power of upping! [face_dancing] Or it that prayer I'm confusing it with? [-o|

Whatever - it works! Must do it more often.

Lovely piece of work. =D=

25. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Yay! More of this.

Wow, that is one jealous sister. They seem so disturbed that Qui-Gon actually looks like their father.

?My little one knows more about Jedi than I do.?

[face_laugh] For every mom who has ever had to ask her kid, now which character is that one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.