main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN The Final Stand Chapter 1 — Accepting New Players —

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Taylor Neir, Jul 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T4M1-7

T4M1-7 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 30, 2022
    IC: Safina
    Naboo, telling tales

[​IMG]

Safina gratefully received her lightsaber and clipped it to the belt of her black minidress. Worried? Of course I wasn't worried! They passed the place where they had fought the inquisitors, and it reminded Safina they should probably be in a hurry.

But she dutifully trotted after Master Jahid, observing and thinking. He took them to a simple but uncluttered apartment and her mind began to wander. How long had he lived here? What had he been doing on Naboo? Had her presence brought him out of hiding?

When Tanal retrieved his Jedi saber and robes, Safina felt a shiver travel down her spine. This was not just an innocuous picking up of items. He was returning to his calling. He had named himself a former Jedi Knight before. Safina sensed a transformation had just occurred. Tanal Jahid was back on the path of the Jedi.

When T6 rolled in, it reminded her she needed to check in with Tio, her own astromech, who was currently guarding her Z-95 starfighter out in the Gungan forests. But that would have to wait.

Tanal sat and invited Farnun to tell his tale. Safina was also intrigued. She faced a moment of indecision as the youth had taken the other sofa. In the end she decided to sit next to her Master, her back straight, her knees together, her hands folded in her lap, eyes lowered as she prepared to listen.

@greyjedi125 @Tay Neir @Anakin starwalker

2. Darth Starwalker

Darth Starwalker Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2022
    IC: Gerald starwalker

Gerald was working alongside his padawan and his legion to defeat the battle droids here on Cato Neimodia. Gerald turned to deflect a blast from one of the battle droids as his padawan was covering one of the clones as he tried to hack into the base of the trade federation.

"Hurry it up, trooper" Cried Gerald rebounding and deactivating his green bladed lightsaber. The trooper then opened the door.

"execute order 66" Gerald heard from a clones com. Gerald the reactivated his lightsaber and he and his padawan rebounded blast after blast from their clones. Gerald was shoot many times, he managed to survive the turn of his troops, his padawan was not so lucky. Gerald took up his padawan's lightsaber and left Cato Neimoidia.

=====================================================================================================================================
    3 years later

Gerald had fought many inquisitors, he was also a member of the rebel alliance now adays. He had modified his and his padawan's lightsabers so that the two could connect with eachother. Gerald was currently fighting an inquisitor while trying to get supplies back to the rebel base on Yavin 4. Gerald struck down but it was only a distraction at the last moment he swung up with his green lightsaber slicing the inquisitors in half, Gerald then turned and stabbed the inquisitor in the chest. Killing him, Gerald then went back to the cockpit of his vessel and entered hyperspace heading to Yavin 4. He then contacted Yavin 4 telling them that he was heading their way.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @Tay Neir

greyjedi125 and Tay Neir like this.
  3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    ** Continuity correction**

IC: Farnun Venat
    Then and Now…

He’d nodded in agreement. Staying on the streets was not the wisest idea, so his best option was to accept the invitation given, and so, he followed the Jedi.

Farnun did feel a sense of security with the Jedi and so he followed in silence, guarding the rear and keeping alert in case of trouble. There were Stormtroopers and Inquisitors about. He’d rather not run into either group at the moment.

Once they arrived at the Jedi’s apartment, Farnun merely observed the interactions, even as he memorized the layout of the apartment. One had to be ready to make a hasty retreat at a moment’s notice. From what he could determine, the Jedi were already bonding. The Mirialan female was already calling the Nautolan ‘Master’. Could it be because they were both green?

Farnun shrugged to himself, he knew nothing of the jedi ways.

Finding a comfortable wall to lean against, Farnun watched the Jedi don his gear and weapon, before he summoned a droid with a whistle. Farnun smiled at this, as the droid sounded quite overjoyed that Tanal had returned. It was then that the Jedi asked him to tell them about himself.

Farnun gave a small sigh and a nod before speaking.

“Not much to tell, really. I’m originally from Onderon. The Clone Wars started when I was 14. We all joined Steela against the Separatist. Well, everyone I knew at least. Me, and my parents for starters. Dad fought in the frontlines, Mom assisted the medics and I fixed machines. I wasn’t very good at it. I was better at sneaking around and gathering intel.

Anyway, the conflict wasn't going very well. Then the Jedi and Clone advisors arrived. I never met any of them, but I heard plenty about them.”

A brief melancholy smiled appeared on the scoundrel’s countenance, but it soon faded.

“Eventually, we won the war because of them- but I lost my parents. Onderon lost Steela.

With nothing to keep me there, I left Onderon on a borrowed ship, which led me to some…unexpected adventures. I was on my way to meet some Partisans I connected with in secret, when I ran into an unexpected check point. I made a run for it - then had to make an emergency landing here. My ship was impounded and the rest you already know.”

Farnun remained silent for a moment, his expression unreadable before he looked up once again.

“Do you have anything to eat, I’m feeling a bit hungry.” He confessed suddenly.

Tag: @Tay Neir, @T4M1-7

OOC: I hope that works better.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  4. T4M1-7

Jan 30, 2022
    Naboo, connecting the dots...

Safina listened carefully to the young scoundrel and could not help but make some silent conclusions.

Firstly, it seemed he was almost exactly the same age as her, perhaps just a little older. Of course that was of no real consequence, but she shot him a surreptitious look while he was speaking, nonetheless.

When he said, "Not much to tell," he was not being truthful. There was a lot to tell, and his summary failed to hide that he had been through many experiences since the start of the Clone Wars, and after. She shook her head. It was a familiar narrative; the war had cost so much to so many, and for what? The result of the Clone Wars still filled her with anger and desperate sadness. The Jedi and the Clones looked to be on the cusp of taking victory, Count Dooku was defeated at the siege of Coruscant, the Confederates were in disarray, it was surely just a matter of holding off the unending hordes of battle droids until final victory then...

Then Order 66 happened, and everything fell into darkness.

The Padawan wondered if Farnun knew what had happened, why so many worlds suddenly found themselves in such terrible situations despite the end of the war. Did he know that nearly all the Jedi had been killed?

In the two years since that fateful day, the Empire had declared itself and set upon the purge of the remaining Jedi. That much he must know - with the constant propaganda on the holonet and the Inquisition visiting and terrorising so many worlds.

She thought about the boy's lost parents and tried to tell herself she knew how that felt. Master Qiid had never been close with her, but he had always felt like a father to Safina.

Farnun continued and Safina gleaned some more information. She doubted that ship had really been "borrowed" at all, but her ears pricked up at the mention of "Partisans". He seemed friendly to the Jedi, which meant this group might also be anti-Imperial? She flashed an expectant look toward Master Jahid, wondering what he might make of this.

It was strange to be the junior Jedi in the room again, after so long, but Safina knew she should remain quiet until Tanal spoke and made his reaction...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  5. Taylor Neir

Taylor Neir Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2022
    IC: Tanal Jahid

Tanal sat and waited quietly as Farnun spoke. Tanal then motioned to a few cupboards.

"There may not be much, but it should be enough for the time being, Furnun" Tanal then turned to his padawan.

"These are dangerous times, that much is clear, I do feel that there are more jedi survivors out there, safina, but we must remain in the shadows of the galaxy." Tanal said speaking not as a master but as a friend. Tanal then felt a disturbance in the force and then there came a banging at the door to the apartment. The empire had found them.

"I would suggest that you prepare yourself, Safina" Tanal said to his padawan wrapping a hand around his purple bladed lightsaber. Tanal then turned to the astromech.

"Prepare to make the cut" Safina and Furnun would be unaware of what Tanal meant when he had just turned to the droid. The door then came crashing down and two inquisitors stood in the doorway. Tanal ignited his purple lightsaber. Question was, would Safina follow his lead, or would she defend herself in a different way.

TAG: @T4M1-7, @greyjedi125

6. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    Character sheet approved by me

Name: Joseph Hutchinson
    Species: human
    Faction: Rebel alliance
    Weapon: A280 blaster rifle
    Physical description or Image:
    Language: basic
    Personality: funny, friendly and mostly happy
    Droid: R5-Y7
    Star ship: X-wing

greyjedi125 and T4M1-7 like this.
  7. T4M1-7

Jan 30, 2022
    Naboo, discovered

Master Jahid seemed to find both sorrow and hope in the scoundrel’s account. He had only just offered Farnun some food when a chill suddenly shrouded the Force, like a dark cloud had just passed in front of the pleasant Naboo sun.

Something slammed into the apartment door. Tanal gripped his lightsaber.

Safina was on her feet, her Master’s words and stance energising her movement. The door came crashing down and Safina’s heart quailed. Two black-armoured figures loomed.

Two inquisitors; Gripp and Onyxia.

Safina’s first instinct was to run. But a glance to the Nautolan Jedi Knight stayed her impulse. Tanal stood strong and ignited his lightsaber and the magenta blade of light extended. A purple, huh? Somehow that fits, Safina thought, a little confidence pushing back against her terror. She followed his lead and held position.

These two inquisitors together they had already defeated once, she remembered. It is they who should be afraid! she tried to tell herself, reaching for her own lightsaber. Near to the window of the apartment, she caught a movement from the corner of her eye. Shapes in distinctive white armour were swarming in the street down outside. Oh, this time they have reinforcements

“Master Jahid, we need to leave, outside there are…” she tried to warn him.

Bur she did not have time. The inquisitors attacked. The hulking Nikto, Gripp, came right at Safina, charging like a Reek. This brute was not a Force-user like many of the inquisitors. His strength was physical. Yet he had the frightening innate ability to nullify the Force around his being. It was a rare but effective phenomenon. Safina had heard of some lizard in the galaxy that could do the same, though its name was lost to her memory, like the rest of that lesson back in the Jedi Temple, so long ago. A slight inward wince came as she imagined her old master’s disapproval at her lack of attention.

Gripp was a powerful enemy, untouchable to the Force, and the enclosed surroundings favoured him. Safina much preferred open spaces in which to use her own particular skills.

The Nikto clutched a hefty power-halberd, which confused Safina for a moment. Then she remembered he had been dispossessed of his usual double-bladed lightsaber. That thought reminded her Farnun was also in the room. She had to think of his safety as well as her own.

Safina had only a moment to react. Her instinct was to dive out through the window, but that had to be discounted this time. She judged the angles of the room. Gripp was big and strong and had the momentum of a charging beast, but he was not agile.

Safina leapt, up towards a corner of the room, her body a dart, flashing past where Farnun stood. She augmented the leap with a surge of Force levitation. Then, in a moment before she reached the corner, she twisted mid-air so that her feet presented, and pushed back from the wall. The Padawan rebounded from the wall, suddenly flying at the flank of the surprised Nikto.

Gripp halted and turned to face the incoming counter-attack. Safina ignited her lightsaber and its azure blade appeared with a snap-hiss. When her jump brought her to within a metre of the inquisitor his null-field came into play and gravity took over.

Safina was ready for it and let the abrupt fall add to the momentum of a downward strike with her saber. For all his lack of subtlety, Gripp was a seasoned warrior and managed to bring his crackling energy weapon up to deflect.

The weapons clashed. Gripp’s superior strength prevailed and he slammed away Safina’s strike easily. But again, the Padawan was expectant and ready. She let the action of the parry spin her slender body and curved an olive-green leg round in an arc. Her boot thumped into a perfectly aimed kick to his head.

Gripp staggered one step as Safina fell onto all fours before him. The impact had been a good one, but only stunned the monster for a moment. She tried to scramble away but Gripp slammed the haft of his halberd into her back, sending her sprawling into one of the sofas.

“I ain’t done with you yet, birdie,” growled the inquisitor, stomping toward her.

Safina grimaced with the pain, then glanced toward Farnun. Her master she was sure had his hands full with sly Onyxia by now. Safina made a face at the scoundrel. If you can do something, do it now!

@Tay Neir @greyjedi125 @Anakin starwalker

Tay Neir and darthbernael like this.
  8. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022

Tanal leapt at the inquisitor aiming to protect his padawan from this one while she dealt with the other. His purple blade clashing with the inquisitor's own red blade. The former jedi knight had dealt with one of these sabers many times and knew of one major weakness in the blade's design. The two exchanged blows to eachothers blades. Tanal force pushed Onyxia back just a tiny bit. Tanal then heard his padawan shout
    Tanal looked out of one of the windows to see beings in white armour approaching the building.
    "stromtroopers?" Tanal said as a fist collided with his stomach knocking back and causing his lightsaber to deactivate and go flying across the apartment. Tanal was taken offguard by this. Onyxia then launched at the young jedi master. Tanal dodged the attack but managed to obtain a cut in his arm from the crimson blade of the Inquisitor. Tanal used the force to grab his lightsaber, he ignited it and cut Onyxia's lightsaber in half. This was the weakness. Tanal had used it against Onyxia. Tanal then turned to the T6.
    "do it, T6" shouted the jedi master. The droid then disappeared down a trapdoor in the wall. Tanal deactivated his lightsaber and followed the droid hopefully the other two would follow. if they did they would find themselves in a razor crest type ship and Tanal entered the cockpit of the ship. Tanal sensed that Farnan had something planned. Tanal reached out with the force.
    "Farnun, if you're going to do something I would suggest doing it now" Tanal said. Farnun would hear Tanal's voice in his head.
    "My young padawan I would also suggest going through the trapdoor in the wall." Tanal said
    again through the force but this time to his padawan.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @T4M1-7

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
  9. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    IC: Joseph Hutchinson

Meanwhile at the base on Yavin 4, Gerald was just coming in for the landing and Joseph was waiting for him.

"Very good Gerald, you have put your abilities to good use, I'm glad you joined the rebel alliance rather than the empire, Gerald" Said Joseph. Joseph had been with the rebel alliance for many years and had been there for Gerald since he came out of exile and joined the rebel alliance. Joseph then ordered two troops for the rebel alliance to come and gather the supplies and put them to good use. So far they have not been found by the empire. Which was a relief. Joseph was also the leader of the rebel cell known as air force 4. Joseph also had made contact with Ryden's rebel cell. He had kindly let air force 4 borrow one of their supply vessels, it looked a lot like the ghost from Phoenix cell. Joseph had already called Ryden's rebel cell asking them to meet them here on Yavin 4 so that they could go to a different planet together just in case the empire ever came looking here.

TAG: @Anakin starwalker

T4M1-7 likes this.
  10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC:Farnun Venat
    Flash Skirmish!

He had humbly accepted the Jedi’s hospitality and managed to stuff his mouth with a single bread roll, when all heck broke loose! Two Inquisitors burst through the apartment door! The two from before in fact. How did they manage to find them?

In that moment, everything and everyone went into motion.

Farnun was no stranger to a firefight given his time in Onderon, but it always surprised him how everything seem so clear in such situation, the amount of detail he could perceive. It was uncanny.

Moreover, he had never seen Jedi in action before. This was his first time and boy!! Was it an amazing sight!! So much so, that he almost forgot there were actual bad guys in the room!!

Safina was a symphony of grace pitted against a moving mountain. Two natural opposites struggling for supremacy! Dejarik at its best!

Below the apartment, there was arguably a platoon of Stormtroopers, which was a serious concern.

Back inside, the clash continued unabated as Jedi Master Jahid made quick work of the female inquisitor’s weapon, catching her completely by surprise.

That was it! The ‘element of surprise’!

Farnun caught both glances from Master and Padawan and felt something at work, guiding his mind, his intentions and movements, just like it did back on Onderon!

T6 was on the move!

As if to confirm it all, Master Jahid spoke directly into his mind! Farnun went into action, moving with precise, lightning fast reflexes as he produced a Blaster Pistol from under his poncho and fired several shots at the charging Inquisitor.

To be more specific, the scoundrel fired at the bounding inquisitor’s energy weapon as he charged Safina, expertly ricocheting the volley he had just fired right off the weapon and into the Inquisitor’s face!! It was one of his ‘impossible lucky shots’.

Without missing a beat, his weapon arm swiveled as if on a turret and fired another volley, this time over the female Inquisitor and the cooling pipe over her head. His intention was to rupture the conduit he has seen before when he’d cased the apartment in order to further distract her.

The moment of ‘clarity’ began to slowly ebb, but it was still active.

Farnun knew that he had to go through the trapdoor, so he backed up towards it, but would dnot go through until Safina did so first. He kept his blaster pistol trained on the Inquisitors as he set his jaw in determination. He would quickly roll back as soon as Safina was through and find himself on the other side!

Tay Neir and T4M1-7 like this.
  11. T4M1-7

Jan 30, 2022
    Naboo, exit strategy

Safina rolled as another mighty blow thundered down toward her. Just in time, she avoided Gripp’s power-halberd. It cleaved the sofa clean in two with an eruption of splintered beams and cushioning foam balls. The nimble Padawan struggled to rise, make some space between herself and the hulking inquisitor, but then a blaster shot rang out.

Safina blinked. The crimson arrow flashed not far from her and struck Gripp’s halberd. To her amazement it ricocheted perfectly to strike him in the face. The Nikto stumbled backwards with an angry grunt.

Safina glanced across at Farnun. His stance told her he had deliberately made that shot from an impossible angle. She blinked again. Either he was incredibly lucky, or a masterful marksman.

She did not have time to dwell on this. The other duel in the room raged. Purple and scarlet lightsabers twirled and clashed. It was a testament to the skill of the warriors involved that such precision blows could be fashioned in the confined space. Tanal gained the upper hand. He found some way to slice the inquisitor’s saber in half. That is… impossible, isn’t it?

Again, events were moving too quickly to think more upon this.

Master Jahid’s droid had activated some secret portal in the wall and now promptly disappeared down it. The Nautolan dived after it, and Safina felt his mind touch hers. Her master commanded her to follow.

Farnun shot again, this time aiming across the apartment. He struck some sort of coolant conduit and suddenly the room was flooding with pressurised Freon. The fog expanded quickly, blinding both the inquisitors. Safina heard both Onyxia and Gripp roaring with anger. Gripp had been struck full in the face with a blaster bolt and just shrugged it off with a sore head! Safina needed little further encouragement to leave.

She dashed after Farnun, who also headed for the chute in the wall. They shared a moment at the hole, meeting eyes.

“That was… pretty good!” she exhaled breathlessly but cheerfully, gesturing to his pistol.

She dived down with him, wondering what the other end of the slide would bring for them both…

Tay Neir and greyjedi125 like this.
  12. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022

Both of his padawan and Farnun had landed in the razor crest. Tanal fired up the engines and T6 opened the blast-doors on the hidden hanger. The razor crest roared out and they left the atmosphere of Naboo. They entered a blockade. It seemed the empire really wanted either him, his padawan, Farnun or all three of them. Tie fighters then started heading their way.

"Strap in guys" Tanal shouted back to Farnun and Safina. Tanal then ordered T6 to open fire on the incoming TIE Fighters. Tanal monuvered the ship so that his droid could get a clean shot on every fighter. Tanal had also punched in corridents for a planet unknown to the empire. Tanal then sped forward while also punching the hyper-drive into existence and with that the party was gone, off the radar of the empire for the time being. Tanal stared out into the hyperspace rushing past him. There was a familiar presence on one of those star destroyers, but it couldn't be, could it?. It took a lot to scare Tanal but this really scared the jedi master.

13. T4M1-7

Jan 30, 2022
    Into the unknown...

[​IMG]

Safina whooshed down the chute for some moments until it unceremoniously dumped her and Farnun onto a mattress. Safina blinked and checked her dimly-lit surroundings. It seemed to be the interior of some sort of starship.

A hydraulic whirring overhead signalled the closing of a topside hatch - that had been the exit point of the chute - and Safina's initial appraisal was confirmed as the unmistakable sound of starship engines coughing into start-up echoed around them. She exchanged a wide-eyed look with Farnun.

In the simple hold there were seats equipped with grav-harnesses, and the nimble Mirialan girl dashed for one of these. The ship lifted off. She strapped herself in as the starship dashed for orbit.

What followed was a nosebleed-inducing race to clear orbit and get into outer space far enough for the jump to hyperspace. Blasts pummelled the ship - whatever it was - and Safina thought she heard a number of harsh words uttered by Master Jahid from the cockpit. In those terrifying moments, she had time to ponder on the fact that Master Jahid must have built that escape route, hidden the ship in some hangar, all in preparation for this day.

Eventually, the ship stopped vibrating, the blasts ceased, and the Padawan sensed they were in hyperspace. She cautiously unstrapped and glanced again at the boy, Farnun.

"You okay?" she asked with genuine concern.

After he answered and she was sure all was well, Safina climbed through the ship to find the cockpit and her Nautolan Master. She peered out into the strange swirling blizzard beyond the viewscreen. They were indeed clear of Naboo, and the pursuing inquisitors.

She glanced at Master Jahid. He was clearly deep in thought. She hesitated, not wanting to intrude, but her curiosity overcame this.

"Where are we going, Master?" she said. The question was about more than location. She felt that Tanal had prepared a path long ago, and now they were set upon it...

14. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022

Tanal jumped from the sudden question from his padawan.

"Safina, you scared me for a second there, to answer your question we are going to a planet right off the empire's radar, the gas giant of bespin" The jedi master then turned to face his padawan in the face.

"How is he?" Asked the jedi master motioning towards the scoundrel. The padawan replied to her master. Tanal then stared out into hyperspace and the worry returned to the jedi master. Was Darth vader really Anakin Skywalker? It couldn't be, Anakin was killed on mustafar by Master Kenobi over 3 years ago. This much Tanal knew but did anyone else survive order 66, what about Anakin, could he have survived. That's when Tanal got really scared not just for his own life but for Safina and Farnun's as well.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    A New Adventure

The Scoundrel had launched himself backwards and tumbled along with the Jedi Padawan, his eyes still roving, searching for trouble, even as they went through the trap door. The last images in his mind were of the inquisitors being very angry with them, as they were beset by the effects of his blaster shots! They had to deal with a blast of coolant gas for good measure!

When the pair had finally come to a halt, Farnun found himself on his back, chuckling.

“Well, that was certainly fun….” He said, excitement evident in his eyes.

For a second there, his gaze found Safina and the ambient low lighting was definitely ‘mood setting’.

’Hello there…’ he found himself thinking, a lopsided smile coming to his face.

“You okay?” Safina would ask in concern.

A glint came over Farnun’s eye as he wetted his lips in preparation to answer something suave.

“STRAP IN GUYS!” Master Jahid would yell at them in that instant.

Farnun broke eye contact and scrambled hurriedly to his feet, as he turned red in the face, muttering something to himself as he found a chair to do as he was bid.

They were now inside a ship and within moments, the group found themselves beset by enemy fighters as the Jedi Master did his best to keep them alive. Farnun uttered a prayer of protection his mother would share with the family before a battle. He then realized they were inside a Razor Crest- but lamented not being able to be impressed as their lives were now in danger.

In short order, the Razon Crest made the jump to Hyper and they were not ‘scarps of floating debris’ after all.

“Thank the Force…” Farnun would hear himself utter in relief, then release a breath he was not aware he’d been holding.

Settling in his chair, the scoundrel allowed himself to relax as he listened to the Jedi’s conversation. He was leaving his Y-Wing behind, which was his final connection to his past life. A past he was now leaving behind him, even as he became part of a new adventure - and if things aligned properly, a New Hope.

T4M1-7 and Tay Neir like this.
  16. T4M1-7

Jan 30, 2022
    Hyperspace, covering up...

Bespin? thought Safina. I have never heard of it. But then, there were many places she had not heard of, or visited. She yearned to ask more. Why? What is there? What is it like? Will we find more Jedi? Was this your plan? She knew Master Jahid would tell her all in good time, but her curiosity was like a maddening itch. Then he surprised her with a question of his own.

Safina hesitated, thinking back to the moment they had fallen together onto that mattress, almost a little too intimately. She remembered the look in his eye, the lopsided smile. She was nineteen years old - so was he. She knew that look, despite her sheltered upbringing in the Jedi Temple.

"Oh, he's fine, I think..." she answered vaguely, trying hard to keep her face straight and her voice even. She could feel that she was blushing furiously.

She knew she should be scandalised but he was just too likeable. He seemed to have a way to make her grin all the time. Then she remembered the fight before their escape.

"You should have seen him in the apartment, Master," her voice was suddenly more serious. "He fought bravely, and he can shoot with uncanny skill."

All the same, she checked over her shoulder and tugged her miniskirt down a little more, in case he was behind her. She only now realised how the end of that fall down the chute could have been much more embarrassing...

Safina shook her head. She needed to change the subject.

"Excuse me, Master, but why Bespin? What is our plan?"

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    greyjedi125 likes this.
  17. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022

"Good, i'm glad he's alright." Tanal then answered his padawan's question.

"I have an old friend there, he can keep us hidden from the empire I can also train you up a little bit my young padawan, there is also something I must attend" Tanal said. As he finished Tanal's arm started to sting from the burn that he had received in their fight against the inquisitors. Just then Tanal pulled the ship out of hyperspace and they entered the atmosphere of Bespin. They were instantly cleared and Tanal landed down on one of the landing platforms. Tanal then left the ship and instantly bumped into an old friend. The old friend wore a black tux. He also had a lightsaber clipped to a black belt that could be barely seen

"Avinn, you survived." said Tanal.

"Indeed I did" Replied the former jedi council member. Avinn then noticed Safina and Farnun.

18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Bespin, unknown facility

Now that the excitement had ebbed, Farnun became more conscious of how small a scoundrel seemed next to actual Jedi. Sure, he could get a lucky shot in a pinch, but they had the Force and lightsabers. How could he even begin to compare?

By now the trio had reached Bespin, a planet he’d never visited before. The location choice did seem a bit...odd. What else was to be found in a Gas Giant aside from….gas?

Well, apparently a smartly dressed jedi in a tuxedo.

Farnun, hung back from the group, as he did not wish to intrude in their familiar banter. He smiled wryly to himself then, remembering how Safina seemed impressed by his skill with the blaster.

"He fought bravely, and he can shoot with uncanny skill." She’d said. Her words and enthusiasm warmed him for some reason, but her new master did not appear to share her sentiment, at least not openly.

Still, all in all, there were far worse places to be, so this was not so bad. What would make it better, would be having something to eat. The scoundrel was beginning to feel the unpleasant pangs and effects of not having a decent meal for several days.

Hopefully he wouldn’t have to wait too long for it.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    Tay Neir and T4M1-7 like this.
  19. T4M1-7

Jan 30, 2022
    City in the Clouds

Safina watched, wide-eyed as Bespin city gradually emerged from the gargantuan crimson clouds of the gas giant planet. She was no stranger to the vista of a metropolis, having grown up in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, but the graceful curves and elegant towers of this floating city evoked in her imagination an abode of angels.

Her master seemed to have the keys to unlock doors in this paradise; they were efficiently cleared for landing.

The Padawan trotted behind Master Jahid as they departed the starship. She looked back, seeing it from the outside for the first time, and made a face. Not the prettiest of transports. She noticed Farnun hanging back a little, making his own surreptitious surveys of their new surroundings. She wondered what was on the scoundrel's mind. She wondered how he might fit into Master Jahid's plans.

She wondered what Farnun might be planning.

Safina took another long look at the breathtaking skies, when she was shaken from her reverie by the arrival of another sentient. He strode up to them in a suave black tuxedo. Safina frowned. He looked familiar, and was that a lightsaber clipped to his belt? He greeted Tanal like an old friend.

Avinn, Avinn... Safina was sure a former member of the Jedi Council was called that. Then he saw that his attention was focused upon her.

Fiddling nervously with her Padawan's braid, she bowed, her eyes lowered.

"Greetings, Sir. I am Safina."

She decided not to say more without her Master's permission - or explanation. But her curious mind was racing. If Avinn is a Jedi Master, is this place to be the new place for the Jedi? Would they rebuild the Order? Tanal had hinted at training her here. Were there others? How many had survived Order 66?

While all these thoughts flooded through her mind she simply said to Avinn, "I am pleased to make your acquaintance."

20. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    Seeds of rebellion

Avinn then racked his brain.

"Safina, Safina, it can't be say, would your last name be Ushali and your former master be Asaz Qiid, when the jedi order stood by any chance young Safina?" Asked Avinn rubbing his ginger bread with a gloved hand. Tanal had heard of Safina's name from his own master but he never knew that a member of the jedi council knew about her. Tanal could sense the hunger behind the young scoundrel. Tanal then produced a chicken leg and what appeared to be Shaak meat, a popular choice on Naboo. He then threw them over to Farnun.
    "I managed to grab these from the apartment before we left, I have a feeling we shall all be having a little something in a short while Farnun, it should be enough to keep you going until that point in time." Tanal said. Tanal felt like this was these were the seeds of rebellion against the Empire and the other two may not know it, but they were now part of Tanal's rebel cell, codenamed Falcon squadron, that had been the real reason he had been on Naboo, He had been looking for people that were already standing up against the Empire and now he had meet up with the captain of the Falcon squadron. Tanal then turned to his padawan and offered her a chicken leg as well.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
    T4M1-7 and greyjedi125 like this.
  21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    A New Start

The Scoundrel had only been half listening to what was being said, when he sensed sudden movement. His gaze came up just in time to see Master Tanal throw two portions of meaty consumables at him. Farnun’s reflexes were up to the task, as he caught the chicken leg and the Shaak meat, one in each hand!

“Thank you!” he said, surprised but grateful for the portions. He didn’t even question where the Jedi Master produced them from as he bit into them with undisguised vigor. He nodded at the mention of a proper meal, then continued eating.

It was quite intriguing, this situation. By some twist or fate, Farnun was in the presence of three Jedi. This could not be a coincidence, not by any stretch of the imagination. Though he couldn’t quite tell what was really going on, Farnun resolved it was best to stick with the Jedi. The Empire had nothing he desired and had taken away everything he cared for from him. His mother had urged him to trust in the force in times of uncertainty, and that’s exactly what he planned to do.

Besides, there was something about Safina, something that had captured his eye….

Well, best not think on it too much. Jedi were notorious for reading minds, or some such after all.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
    Tay Neir, darthbernael and T4M1-7 like this.
  22. T4M1-7

Jan 30, 2022
    Bespin, breathless

[​IMG]

Safina rocked when Jedi Master Avinn - for surely it was now proven beyond doubt that he was indeed a Jedi Master - announced her last name, and that he knew her former Master, Asaz Qiid. This was slightly alarming. She was not sure how much this red-bearded dignitary might have heard about her. Qiid had always been stern and harsh with her. Safina was sure that, if asked, he would not have painted a favourable picture to others.

Her eyes flicked to Master Jahid, looking for guidance. None came. In fact he appeared equally surprised. She looked back to Avinn.

"Yes, I am Safina Ushali and I was Padawan to Master Qiid. He... did not survive Order 66." She closed her eyes for a moment, allowing the pain of that memory to shiver through her once more. "I have been on the run since then, evading the new so-called Empire."

Next, Master Jahid conjured some items of food from under his clothes and tossed these to Farnun. Safina blinked with surprise. He even offered one to her.

"I..." she hesitated, not wanting to be rude, taking the item in her hand. A meat product. She glanced at Farnun, who was gobbling his down with gusto.

Safina faced a dilemma. Decorum - and Qiid was always insistent that a Jedi showed decorum at all times – did not really favour chomping on food while standing in public places. She was also not sure about the freshness of this product, or where upon his person Tanal had secreted it.

The Padawan remembered spending time with the clone troopers. Soldiers in a warzone, on the other hand, seized every opportunity to eat or sleep as soon as it came. For they did not know when the next chance may come. Safina glanced out at their elegant surroundings. This did not currently feel like a warzone, no matter the shadow of evil that shrouded the wider galaxy.

She considered this offer from Tanal Jahid. Her former Master would have disapproved. But then Tanal was… different. More relaxed.

A sudden notion took root in her mind. This is a test. Qiid constantly told her she was too impatient. She knew Tanal and Avinn would be watching her next action closely. Her stomach grumbled, but she did not eat.

“Perhaps we could all sit down somewhere and eat together?”

23. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    IC: Joseph Hutchinson

Joseph was loading supplies onto the main ship of Air force 4, The Crimson Dawn. He then made contact with the captain of Falcon Squadron.

"This is Avinn Neir, captain of the Falcon Squadron" Said Avinn from Bespin

"This is General Joseph Hutchinson of Air force 4 squadron, I request a randavous with Falcon Squadron" Said Joseph as he ordered some of his crew not to drop a certain crate.

"Very well, any where in particular?" Asked Avinn

"Let's say the near the mustafar system" Said Joseph

"I'll speak with my general, I don't see why it should be a problem" Replied Avinn and the two ended the call on their rightful sides.

"Gerald, How do you feel pioliting the Crimson Dawn for us?" Asked Joseph as Gerald came to join them.

TAG: @Anakin starwalker

===================================================================================================================================

"Yes perhaps we should" Replied Tanal to his padawan. Tanal then left the area with the former member of the jedi council and they were in a elegant room with dinner all ready set up and waiting. Avinn sat at the head of the table while Tanal on the left hand side. Tanal then spoke to Avinn.

"The falcon squadron is up and running and I think I may of found two more crewmates all I need is for you to take the controls as my captain once more, Captain Neir" Said Tanal

"The offer is tempting, General Jahid, and I accept, I want to teach the Empire a lesson they won't forget, I have just received word from air force 4 squadron they request that we meet up near the Mustafar system, as General you decide what we do." Replied Avinn.

"I think we should, our own squadron are running low on supplies as it is, we should be able to gather some more from Air force 4 squadron, I just want to check with my padawan and Farnun if they want to join our squadron, we are not tyrants now are we?" asked Tanal as he loaded many different food items from across the galaxy onto his gold plate and filling his cup with some blue milk.

Anakin starwalker and T4M1-7 like this.
  24. Darth Starwalker

Darth Starwalker Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2022
    IC: Gerald Starwalker

"Just let me know where we are going and I'll get right to it" replied Gerald. Gerald then climbed abroad The Crimson Dawn. He sat in the pilot seat while a member of Air force 4 sat in the co pilot seat. Gerald received the destination, so he fired up the engines and programmed the nav computer for the mustafar system. Gerald then pulled back on the controls taking The Crimson Dawn into orbit. He then made the jump to hyperspace as his own ship landed in one of the lower hangers. Gerald then sat back and stared into the light of hyperspace.

TAG: @Tay Neir, @greyjedi125, @T4M1-7

T4M1-7 and Tay Neir like this.
  25. T4M1-7

Jan 30, 2022
    Bespin, initiate

Presently they removed to a sparkling dining room within one of the graceful buildings and Safina could not help but grin from ear to ear. The food looked delicious and fresh, from all corners of the galaxy.

And now we can eat like civilised sentients.

She flashed a smile to Farnun, knowing he must be hungry from how he had attacked that piece of chicken earlier. She selected a polite portion of her favourites, including a Mirialan couscous that she was delighted to discover amongst the offerings.

Avinn and Tanal were deep in conference. Safina sat to Tanal's right and offered the chair next to her to Farnun. She told herself she was just being attentive, to ensure this guest of the Jedi did not feel left out.

But that was only half true.

Safina was hoping to include the sly sharpshooter in whatever plans came next from her masters, and, to perhaps befriend him a little more. While the padawan offered to pour a glass of water for the scoundrel, she kept one ear on the conversation between Avinn and Tanal.

They spoke of Falcon Squadron and Air Force 4. It all sounded very organised, like a military movement. Safina's mind span with all the implications. Then Tanal abruptly turned to her and Farnun.

Safina straightened. "Master Jahid, please count me in. I have been searching for a path since the darkness of the Empire fell across the galaxy, praying for the Force to show me the way."

She looked to Farnun, trying to hide her hopes from showing too obviously...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.