main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive "The Firebird" aka "A Dathomiri Fairytale"

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Mazzic, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    For my Color Theory class, we had to re-develop the Russian Fairytale "Prince Ivan and the Grey Wolf". Obsessed with Dathomir as I am, I based my re-design on this Expanded Universe world. The gamer will recognize creatures inspired by "Star Wars Galaxies," as well as references from "Cracken's Threat Dossier" and of course "The Courtship of Princess Leia."

I give you, The Firebird.

Mazz

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's pretty good. However, I will issue a language warning. The title of the site contains a word not allowed here. Don't click the link if you think you might be offended.

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, very very nice! =D==D= Even without the background of the actual fairy tale, we can see the heroic journey implications in the visual narrative! I love the "Firebird," what a beautiful little creature--and yes, I recognize some of the other animals you illustrated as well. I find I'm especially drawn to the temple scenes--just the structure of it, and the variation from dark to lit from within (that rubble with the giant stone face in the lower right of the frame is oh-so-cool!). Great costuming, too. All around a very nice piece of work!

And as to the site title--you could simply post a series of direct picture links, rather than to that page itself (this would eliminate the disallowed verbage altogether)--I'm always willing to do some clicking to see some fantastic work!

Great stuff (and I hope you get a super grade!)!

FF

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh wow, those are really amazing!

I can definitely see the influence Dathomir and the creatures and people of SW played in this assignment. The last couple of images portraying actual events that happened in the story are my favorite. Also, excellent lighting and great sense of atmosphere in the temple ones. What medium did you use? It looks kinda like watercolor, but then it doesn't.

And I do agree with LAJ concerning the language. Just be careful next time. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.