main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Before - Legends The First (OCs/Palpy Pre TPM) - Last Night- Update - 22 Sep (Sorry for the lateness!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kynstar, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Those two are so sweet together. I'm sure that Lindoro's master will have some words of wisdom. And I wonder what Menaria's friends will have to say about the whole thing.

Keep going!

2. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    I agree with Diane :) Keep going! This is a great story. And don't worry about my rambling, the relationship between the two is so sweet and refreshing! :D

3. Opal

Opal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Just letting you know I'm still here. :) Keep it coming.

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks guys! I truly appreciate it!! I've got a longer chappy coming soon! It'll be a little of her in class, Lindoro talking with his Master, and lunch.

Thanks again for your comments and encouragement!!! :D :D :D

5. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    *Already getting a bad feeling in my stomach.* lol, goes to show that i read to much. [face_laugh]

Great post. :)

6. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    hehehe Jacen Not too bad I hope! ;)
    Next post should be soon! Gonna bit a speck long. I could prob break it in half, but I thought I'd keep it all together for you guys! Should be able to post it as soon as me beta does the magic to it! ;)

7. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Iam looking forward to meet Lindoro's master too! :)

8. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey jeday comunication with his Master be coming up :D

Juz got thru writing a section that I'm sure ya all gonna love if ya like mush! ;) can't wait to post the next section myself ;) hehehe

9. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
  10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I want to thank you all for your reading and encouragements!!! Hope you all enjoy this next installment!!! THANKS again!!
    _____

The Jedi working the information desk picked up on the other end of the comlink.

"Jedi Knight Mina Lor here. How can I help you?" A feminine voice asked.

"Knight Lor, I am trying to find the location of Master Talias Banz. Is he here at the Temple or on a mission?" Lindoro asked as he arranged his new desk. Setting up a datapad so it could link with the computer. He also placed a drawing pad off to the side of the viewing screen of the computer.

"Hold please as I access the information." He heard a click and then music came thru on his comlink. Relaxing and soothing music that had nature sounds mixed in.

He placed several writing utensils and scrap paper in one of the drawers. A couple of minutes passed before the click was heard again and the music was replaced by the voice of Knight Lor.

"He isn't at the Temple right now. He is on a mission. May I take a message and forward it to him?" She asked politely.

"If the mission isn't confidential, may I have the coordinates of his comlink?" He anticipated the next question and awaited her query.

"Authorization please?"

Yep, figured she'd ask that next. He nodded to himself. He sat up straight in his chair without thinking. "Knight Lindoro D'Lockens - authorization code - 7 Alpha Minor 32 Death Dealer." He said calmly as he nearly chuckled out loud at realizing he had come to attention in his chair. As if she could see me anyway!

"Hold please as I verify your authorization." The all-familiar click then music was heard once more. "Glad patience is one of my few virtues." He mumbled to himself as he ran his fingers through his goatee. A few more minutes went by slowly.

"Your authorization checked out Knight D'Lockens. Master Banz is on Alderaan and due back within a couple of weeks. Was this all you required?" Her voice had taken a slight edge tone.

Hrmm wonder what caused that. Probably due to me being a Death Dealer. He thought as he scratched his chin and sighed. I knew I should have given the other access code?I am to use to providing the undercover one. "Yes, that will be all." He informed her.

"I'll transfer the coordinates to you then. May the Force be with you.? Before he could answer she cut the signal right after his comlink beeped confirming that the transfer had been established.

"Now that was odd?odd indeed." Shaking his head, he shrugged the thought a way. He then anxiously used the newly acquired coordinates to contact his Master. He was saddened at only getting the voice recording. He left a quick message stating that he was back at the temple and if he could contact him later when he had the chance. He left his comlink coordinates at the end of the message then cut the signal. Pushing back from the desk, he got up from the chair.

Guess I could go and meditate for a while. I'll join Menaria for lunch afterward. He then headed out of his quarters and out into the hallway. The Room of the Ten Thousand Fountains. Never can get enough relaxation and peace from there. Probably the reason why myself and lots of others return there each day. He chuckled as he awaited the turbolift to take him to his destination.

She reached Astrophysics with only a few minutes to spare.

Almost immediately the other students swarmed around her as they noticed the Padawan braid.

Kork was the only one from her clan that had Astrophysics at the same time as she did. His blue head was seen as he squeezed himself in between the other students. He immediately began to make room so she could breathe and answer their questions.

?Step back, good grief! You act like you haven?t ever seen a Padawan before!? He barked out as his long ears lay back with agitation. But Menaria got a glimpse of his dark brown eyes. They were sparkling with mirth.

?Thanks Kork.? Menaria whispered to him as she patted his furred arm gently. She then began answering the multiple questions t

11. Opal

Opal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Hmm...sounds as though things are going to get interesting for them.

I love long posties, by the way.

12. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    It'll be a difficult way for both. Great post! :)

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks you 2! :D Yep there are some interesting things in stored for them later on! The next posting will definitely heart filled :D Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!! I'll post it later this week once me beta gets done with it. :D

14. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Oooh this is great Kynstar! I love D'Locken's character! So complex!!! This is leaving me wanting to know more about the both of them :)

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks tangled_sphere! Oh btw remember our discussion on shady characters? Well guess what! ;) Gonna find out more on D'Lockens soon! :D

16. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Oh boy, oh boy! *Jumps up and down excitedly* "Shady Characters!" :D

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Here's the next installment. A bit more of Lindoro is seen. Hope you like it!! :D

Thank you for all your replies and encouragement! :D
    _____

I'm not a perfect person
    There are many things I wish I didn't do
    I found a reason for me
    To change who I used to be
    A reason to start over new
    And the reason is you

I found a reason to show
    A side of me you didn't know
    A reason for all that I do
    And the reason is you

"The Reason" by Hoobastank

Evening meal came quickly. Master and Padawan walked into the cafeteria somewhat exhausted from their kata exercises.

"I'm going to have to get used to your height, Master. I'm sorry for making you trip." Menaria said quietly as the two got their plates and chose different foods from the serving line. Menaria compiled a large salad. She hardly ate much after a hard work out and salads didn't have much to them. She watched as her Master did quite the opposite. He chose a large slab of meat and some veggies mixed with some sauté sauce over pasta.

She chose muja juice while he poured himself a glass of Corellian Ale.

"It wasn't your fault, Menaria. I should have looked before I leaped. I thought you were leaning toward the right." He chuckled as he tried to lighten the girl's mood.

She felt some relief. Well if he isn't all that upset over it then I shouldn't be either. She grinned back up at him.

"That's my girl. At least it wasn't you that ended up sprawled on the floor. I am just glad that there wasn't any one around to see it!" His eyes were twinkling with mirth his smile widening. I haven't felt this relaxed in years! This *was* definitely the will of the Force in bringing us together. He sent a small burst of his emotion through their bond.

Menaria felt his warmth as it was sent her way. They had been experimenting with the bond whenever they could. She blushed slightly as she walked toward the table that they had sat at earlier. Her three friends were already there. At their approach, the 3 initiates stood and bowed slightly to Lindoro then retook their seats.

"Knight D'Lockens, Menaria, good evening." Seriu said. Kork and Nania mumbled a greeting as well.

Menaria immediately noticed her friends' uneasiness and their glances at each other then at Lindoro. Something is up? Wonder what? She thought.

Lindoro sensed more than saw the edginess of the initiates. He sighed inside as he took a long drink from his glass. I was wondering how long it would take for them to find out. I had hoped?Yeah right dream on Lindoro! I can never have a normal life. Never again especially after the Rim. He snorted slightly before he could catch himself.

The 3 initiates looked up from their plates and glanced his way. Menaria was trying to stifle a smirk as she misinterpreted his snort. She probably thinks it was a response from my drink. He smiled weakly for her benefit. Must do this for her?

"Strong drink indeed." He chuckled half-heartedly. It sounded weak compared to the one he did just moments ago.

He shrugged and dug into his meal not really tasting any of it.

"Master, can I spend some time with my friends after our meal?" Menaria asked begging with her eyes. I've got to find out what is going on. Kork's ears have been drooped throughout the entire meal.

Lindoro opened his mouth to deny her wish, but stopped himself short. I don't want her to know! But his common sense kicked in. She'll find out sooner or later. Better get it over with. I'll just have to prepare myself to explain to her what had happen. He closed his eyes for a split second and smiled.

"Sure, go ahead. Just don't be late for our meditation." Lindoro reminded as he attempted to keep his serene expression plastered upon his face.

"Thank you, Master! I won't be late, I promise." She quickly finished up her meal as she noticed that her friends were already done.

The three bid Lindoro good night as Menaria waved at her Master. They took their trays to the tray table next to the serving line and

18. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Ah, that was nice that the two were bonding so well. I liked that her friends were concerned and only trying to help. I also liked that he was concerned about how she would react to his failings. Great job.

Looking forward to more.

19. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    :) Ahh, the two are so beautiful together! [face_love]

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks you two! Glad ya liked this chappy! :D Was hoping I didn't go overboard. He has been through a lot and some of it will be revealed later on.

21. Opal

Opal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Ditto what jeday said. They make a great pair.

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks for readingOpal! Yeah like Master Yoda said, she's to be his guide to bring him back to the light ;)

23. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    That was beautiful Kynstar :)

I loved getting to know more about Lindoro and the moment with Menaria was so touching!

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    [face_blush] Thanks t_s!! Glad you liked it!

Can't wait to post more on him ;) future chappies will slowly reveal what he's done :)

25. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I knew there was going to be something unexpected but i didn't expect that! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.