main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Before - Legends The First (OCs/Palpy Pre TPM) - Last Night- Update - 22 Sep (Sorry for the lateness!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kynstar, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opal

Opal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I could compliment you on your OC's and tell you what a nice addition this little story is to the GFFA, but I've done that already...so I'll just say "nice postie" and be done with it. :p

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    jm2: Thanks!! I, too, love reading stories that yu can see and almost feel what the characters do. Thanks so much for reading!! Gotta admit... I'm a sucker for touchy/feely/heart winching stories! hehehe

Sabe126: Yeah! hehehe perhaps they should put that on the banners ;) if not at least one of them! Glad you are enjoying their developing relationship. The most challenging part of this story is actually not been their relationship but the concept of a Master and Padawan themself. For no one for sure knows what goes on, we can only speculate. I juz hope I'm doing a reasonable job at it! :D :D Thanks for reading!

Opal: *Snrk* hehehe well don't worry! I don't mind hearing it again ;) I'm glad your liking it still!! Thanks ooooh so much for sticking around with me!! :D

Next segment is a twist for Lindoro. Here's a little 'snippit' from it. Hope you all enjoy the next segment. I'll try to post it either Wed or Thurs of next week.
    ______

?Knight D?Lockens! You will control yourself!? Master Windu?s deep voice cut through the Knight?s ranting like a blade.

Lindoro lowered his voice, but his anger was not released into the Force. He could not; IT would not allow him to. All he could do was hold IT in check and ride the rage as one would a roller coaster. He looked directly into the dark skinned Master?s face and locked eyes with him. Very few people could maintain eye contact with Master Windu for any length of time and Lindoro was now added to that list of those that could.

?Control myself?? His voice was dripping with malice. ?Should I? After this? Do tell me *why* I?m under surveillance?? Lindoro asked sarcastically.

Mace sighed heavily as he observed the man. There was no question or doubt that the Knight was upset. He didn't need the Force to tell him that even though through the Force it literally poured from the man like a busted dam. And the aura was unsettling as it was tinged with darkness.

?Knight Ris is there for both your sake and for others' safety.? Mace intoned as he watched Lindoro carefully. He was hoping that this would not escalate any further. He placed his right hand on his thigh to be at the ready in case things did get out of control.

3. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    I just read the "snippet." Very intense, Kyn! A showdown with Mace!!! Being able to look him in the eyes, was an intriguing touch. *Sits on the edge of her seat* Must post more soon!!!

I wonder what Lindoro was holding bottled up at the table with Menaria! I am so curious. It seemed like he almost lost it there o_O I think whatever happened to him in the past is haunting him terribly right now, and soon its going to catch up with him.

Loved the part with him and Menaria, with her commenting on his 'curling hair' [face_love] You are bringing them to life so wonderfully and Lindoro's depth [face_love] Well, you know how I feel about shady characters ;)

BTW love the new icon [face_love]

4. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    t_s: Yeah thought the 'touch' with Mace was a nifty catch. Cuz we all read about how a lot of folks can't keep eye contact with the man.

Totally glad you're loving Lin! I thought the little humore once in a while would be a grand thing once in a while. ;) And with Menaria and Lin it isn't all that hard to do. hehehe

As soon as I saw this icon I fell in love!! So I had to change it. Been on a 'Dooku' trip lately for some reason *snrk* and I wonder why...hrmmmm? ;)

Hope you will like the next segment, I might post it earlier than usual if me mum doesn't stay the whole weekend. :D It's ready, juz been spacing between posts (timewize).

5. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Thought I'd post a littler earlier. Thanks again for your sticking with me and lovely comments!! Hope you enjoy this next session. Lin is now realizing how detrimental past doings can become!
    ____

I'm tired of being what you want me to be
    Feeling so faithless, lost under the surface
    I don't know what you're expecting of me
    Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes...
    Every step that I take is another mistake to you...

Can't you see that you're smothering me?
    Holding too tightly, afraid to lose control
    Cuz everything that you thought I would be
    Has fallen apart right in front of you...
    Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow...
    Every step that I take is another mistake to you...
    Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow...
    And every second I braced is more than I can take!

I've become so numb, I can't feel you there
    I've become so tired, so much more aware
    By becoming this all I want to do
    Is be more like me and be less like you
    I've become so numb, I can't feel you there
    I'm tired of being what you want me to be

"Numb" Linkin Park

The morning could not have gone any better as the shower routine started out with Lindoro once more. Exiting the shower, he was reminded of his blushing Padawan of the day before. Chuckling, he watched Menaria quickly enter the refresher and close the door. It was obvious that she, too, remembered all to well.

Returning to his room, he fixed his hair, mustache, and beard. I think I?ll go to the park again today. He thought as he put on his boots and waited for Menaria to finish her showering so they could go meditate.

After their hour of meditation, they headed for breakfast and sat with the initiates once more. Delak had joined them as well.

?Morning Master Delak, Knight D?Lockens, Menaria.? The initiates bowed respectively.

?Good morning to you as well.? Master Delak said as he took his seat next to Lindoro. Lindoro smiled and greeted the initiates as well.

?Morning Master Delak, Seriu, Nania, Kork. Looks like it?s going to be another lovely day, eh?? Menaria said as she took her seat and dug into her breakfast.

The meal went by quickly as they all ate in silence. Once in a while Delak would glance sideways at Lindoro and Menaria. He would have to refrain from chuckling as he saw his best friend teasingly elbow his Padawan every now and then. She would shoot him a glance that bordered on shock and comical. Only then did he realize why the Knight sat at her left. She was left handed while Lindoro was right. The childish smirk on his friend?s face was priceless. How good it is to see him relax and joke once more! Delak smiled as he finished up his eggs and toast with his drink. I'm going to miss their interactions while I'm gone. Guess I'll have to get an update from him once I get back.

The students and Padawan bowed respectfully and bid the Master and Knight good day as they headed off to class.

Delak turned to Lindoro. ?So what?s on the market for you today??

?I thought I?d go to the Senatorial Park. If you like we could spar after I get back? We yet have to do that.? Lindoro wiggled his eyebrows.

Delak chuckled and gently punched Lindoro in the arm. ?I do hope so; I?m beginning to think that you?ve backed out due to being gone for so long.?

Lindoro shook his head. ?No not backing out, but I am out of practice and the other day proved that as well.? He rubbed his bearded chin absently.

That caught Delak?s attention. ?Oh really, do tell??

?Well, it?s sort of embarrassing, rather for me it was. I kind of tripped over Menaria and took a dive to the matt.? Lindoro stated as he glanced at his friend.

Delak laughed out loud then quickly quieted down, not wanting to draw attention to the two at the table. ?To have been there? I would have willingly given credits for that!?

?Well it wasn?t funny? well maybe it was.? Lindoro chuckled as he got up to take his plate to the tray table. Delak joined him.

?It is really good to see you this way. I might have a chance f

6. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Now we find out more about Lindoro's past and what the Jedi really think of him. Though I think he sacrificed a lot on this mission and that it wasn't his fault whatever it was! [face_love]

How easily Lindoro accessed the darkness and Palpatine was right there! He must be watching Lindoro with great interest! It'll be interesting to see how this luncheon goes. ;) Lindoro definitely feels a connection with him probably through the darkness.

Intense scene with Mace! (Loved your teaser too) I wasn't sure how it would come about but I could really see how deeply hurt Lindoro was when they tailed him. I don't think he's going to get over this very easily :_| But it's interesting how he centered himself when they mentioned Menaria! She is definitely a shining light in his life. (Loved the part when they were bumping elbows, as a fellow lefty I always have to coordinate table sittings ;) Nice touch! I really think Lindoro's master believes in who he is and isn't like the other Jedi.

Great Job Kyn!

7. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey t_s! Glad ya liked this section :D

Yes, Lindoro sacrificed a lot in the 6 years he was stuck on Nar Shaddaa. But the worst part of it was not being able to get in contact with anyone except the Council. There were times he needed his Master's advice and comfort but was not allowed. What Knight in their right mind would contact the Council for 'comfort'? hehehe so yepper he had to suffer a lot. Some of what he suffered will be revealed later.

Hopefully I'm not being to restrictive on the knowledge of this am I? To help out... let's juz say that all that Kork was told about in the rumors of the things that he supposedly did is true; which he, himself admitted to Menaria.

Yep, yep, the connection at Palpy and Lin feel is through the darkness. Palpy understands this but Lin is ignorant to this occurance. Palpy is like a child with a new toy when it comes to the 'tainted' Knight. He's wanting to see if Lin will take the plunge all the way instead of skirting the dark side like he's been doing lately.

Yeah he won't get over it quickly...and if he'd juz meditate and release those emotions that had been pushed back for so long...ahhh but he's a stubborn man! Always stated to do it 'later' but that 'later' never comes! He feels betrayed and alone, it is well that he took a Padawan Learner when he did. The Force was speaking to him for sure! ;) Menaria is keeping him anchored so far. And much to Palpy's dispair later on! Hehehehe

Yeah the lefty thing always gets me. I got a cousin who's a lefty and that was one of our fav things to do at meals or outings with the family was to do the elbowing! hehehe Though he was the one that usually started it each time! *snrk*

The time for Lin's Master to return is drawing closer! :D and of course the Master isn't like the other Jedi. He knows that Lin has gone through some major trials, and regardless of the outcome he will be there for his Paddy! :D

Thanks so much for reading! Totally glad you're enjoying Lin and Menaria! :D :D

8. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    I like the suspense of not knowing for certain!!! ;) I love how you're giving us bits and pieces.

Palpatine is totally taking advantage of his unreleased emotions! Very interesting twist Kyn! This is one of my favorites. I can't wait for more!!!

9. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Phew! Excellent description of his use of the force in the park. Ahhh a Jedi who looses their cool so easily, how entertaining! ? Very Palpy! His continued interest in Lindoro is very worrying. As was the Knight?s reaction to being followed, he seems to be losing control and on the edge.

10. Opal

Opal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    You posted sooner than I expected you to, Kynstar.

Hmmm. Palpy can only be up to no good.

11. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    t_s: *Whew* Glad you like it that way. Was a little worried whether or not I was keeping too much info secret.

Sabe126: Thanks! [face_blush] Yeah, he has done so much for the Council and this was how they repay him? By not trusting him? Yeah he's a 'little' upset all right! hehehe As for Palpy... yeah he's in between things at the moment and he's slightly bored. Lin is proving to be quite entertaining for him.

Opal: Sorry! Kind'a thought I'd post early cuz I got word that my work was going to have me work 12 hour shifts this week *eek* (I hate it when they do that!) military for you! hehehe As for Palpy... yep and the luncheon is gonna prove quite interesting. But poor Lin has to make it thru the day still.

Thanks so much for reading! :D

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    This one isn't quite as long as the others, but a good stopping point in between things ;)

Thanks once more in sticking with my story!!
    _____

Lindoro paused when the doors closed behind him, sighing loudly, the past actions weighing heavily on his shoulders. I was a fool? a damn fool. How childish! He berated himself as he stood there. But I had my reasons! They don?t trust me! Growling, he pushed those thoughts away. Hearing a rustling of paper, he spotted the Senior Padawan in the small office off adjacent to the entrance to the waiting room. Sighing again he made his way over to the boy.

?Padawan Lionel.? He called out quietly from the open doorway.

The boy jumped at the Knight?s voice. ?I?m sorry, sir, didn?t hear you approach.? The boy immediately got up from his chair and bowed.
    ?I wanted to apologize to you about earlier. My behavior was unbecoming of a Jedi. And I hope there are no hard feelings over this.? He then bowed to the boy, which was highly uncommon for a Jedi to bestow upon one of lesser rank.

Lionel?s expression reflected shock for just a split second before regaining control. ?Thank you, Knight D?Lockens, I accept your apology. And no there are no hard feelings?I sensed you were upset. Thank you for apologizing.? The boy replied hesitantly.

Lindoro nodded and bid the boy good day who in turn did the same. The trip to the turbolift was seconds, but to him it felt like a lifetime as the thoughts rambled on. How could they? They do believe I?ve fallen! But if they do then why?of course. Master Yoda said she is right for me. I must not loose faith?but how can I not? For look at what they?ve done! And how the others treat me! They have lost faith in me? As he entered the turbolift and told the destination; tears started to pool in his eyes. He reached out and slammed the emergency stop button as the lift started to proceed downward. He lost the strength in his legs and began sliding to his knees to fall heavily against the back of the lift. The Knight grasped his head with his hands and sobbed. At the last second he remembered to strengthen his shields hoping his Padawan would not pick up on his stress.

Menaria and Kork entered the cafeteria talking about next week's festivities once more.

"Master Delak might be surprised. Since they're going to dedicate them to Mon Calamari in honor of all their past support to the Republic."

Kork nodded at Menaria's enthusiasm. "I bet he will be. There he is, let's go tell him. I'm sure Nania and Seriu will be here shortly." The Squib raced over to the aquatic Master who was already waiting his turn at the serving line.

The two bowed once Delak looked their way. "Master Delak, have you heard about the theme for next week's celebration?" Menaria asked as her green eyes shimmered.

Delak nodded at the young ones' greetings. "Good day to you two. As a matter of fact I just heard about that a little bit ago. Interesting that they decided upon the Mon Calamari, eh?" He smiled widely as he chuckled.

The two got a plate of their own and joined Delak in choosing different foods from the line of selections.

Nania and Seriu joined them within a few minutes and bowed a greeting at Delak who in turned nodded back. "Good afternoon Master Delak." Seriu said as Nania smiled at the aquatic Master.

Menaria looked for her Master, but did not see the tall Knight anywhere. Guess he got caught up with things.

Master Delak noticed her searching and the frown that appeared upon her face as he took a seat at their regular table along with the other three initiates.

"I'm sure he'll be along shortly. He probably got caught up in traffic. He was going to spend some time at the Senatorial Park. If you haven't picked up on his habit of letting time slip away with him when he's surrounded by the Living Force, you now know. His Master had to drag him away on numerous occasions from places like that. I'll try to get him on his comlink." And saying such, he reached into his robe and pulled out his comlink. A few secon

13. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Oh how eerie that Senator Palpatine should call him at that moment!!! That was a great post!

This was so powerful Kynstar... Lindoro nodded and bid the boy good day who in turn did the same. The trip to the turbolift was seconds, but to him it felt like a lifetime as the thoughts rambled on. How could they? They do believe I?ve fallen! But if they do then why?of course. Master Yoda said she is right for me. I must not loose faith?but how can I not? For look at what they?ve done! And how the others treat me! They have lost faith in me? As he entered the turbolift and told the destination; tears started to pool in his eyes. He reached out and slammed the emergency stop button as the lift started to proceed downward. He lost the strength in his legs and began sliding to his knees to fall heavily against the back of the lift. The Knight grasped his head with his hands and sobbed. At the last second he remembered to strengthen his shields hoping his Padawan would not pick up on his stress.

He is in so much pain and yet he keeps it inside for Menaria. I wonder if Palpatine is going to do some prodding for his own benefit? Palpatine seems anxious to get Lindoro away. This does not look good! And I wonder what the council wants with Delak???

Poor Lindoro and Menaria. She was so distressed that he was shielding from her. He truly is by himself right now...except for......Palpatine :_|

Great job Kynstar! I can't wait for the next part!!!

14. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    I agree that it was very strange that Palpatine contacted him at that moment. Hopefully some of the strain between him and the Council will be cleared up before he meets Palpatine.

Great post :)

15. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    I told you that I would catch up on my reading! Palpatine is up to no good...I just know it! Great posts and I can't wait for the next one!

16. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    t_s: Glad you liked it! Wasn't all that sure if it would come across as a good one post or not cuz it lacked some in size. Dunno why ;) I love posting long posts and kind'a feel bad when I can't do it for you folks.

Hehehehe Palpy is that way ... he seems to know all to much sometimes.

Lin tries to keep his pain and dispair from seeping thru his shields. He doesn't want to burdon the girl with his anguish. How typical of a Master and how touching! Hehehe I love Lin in this stage cuz he's slowly becoming parental.

As for Palpy messing with Lin... well he has a new toy and wants to 'come out and play' with it. [face_devil]

And for Delak being called off to the Council - that's forthcoming :)

Lin thnks he's alone but it sometimes takes Delak and Menaria to remind him that he isn't.

Thanks for the compliments! Glad you enjoyed it!

Sabe126: It will take time for the strain to lessen. But it will have to be worked by both the Council and Lin.
    Thanks again for reading and sticking around! :D

jm2: Thanks! I truly hope your vacation went well. Remember now, you asked me to remind you to tell me about the deal you got at the hotel!

Yep, yep, Palpy is up to no good indeed ;)

Thanks for reading! :D

17. Opal

Opal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Oooh, noo! Meeting with Palpy is never a good idea. Menaria better stick close to her master.

Hey, Kynstar. Just popping in to catch up what I've missed. Glad to see this one updated. :)

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey Opal! :D glad ya liked this smaller chappy! Next chappy is gonna be a traditional longy! Hope ya guys like it, gonna be posting it later today or tomorrow morn. Depending on me boss here ;) But figured I'd slide it in juz in time for the Holiday here in the states.

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Well here is an update juz in time for the holiday weekend! Hope you like it! I wanted to go into more detail on Delak's and Lin's conversation... but couldn't cuz the big one will be with him and his Master once he returns. Hope you enjoy it!!

Menaria flinched for the fourth time within an hour as her Master hissed once more from the slight burn resulting from her saber.

Lindoro sighed heavily as he stepped back and deactivated his saber. "Enough, Menaria. I'm not helping with your katas today obviously. Do the next sets without me." He then turned around and headed to the bench that held their overtunics and boots.

Menaria felt nothing through their bond since he shielded himself earlier. She turned her saber off and hastened to the bench. "Master, would you like to talk about it?" She asked quietly as she took a seat next to him as he began to put his boots back on.

He paused for a split second before putting on his other boot. "I just over reacted on a matter that happened earlier." After saying that, he snorted and leaned back against the wall while closing his eyes. "It was a foolish thing really. A man reacting due to his credibility that was being held in question. And being watched like a child." He stated as he sighed once more. The weight of the last few years seems to pull him down.

"I?don't understand Master. What happend? Being watched? By whom?the Council?" Menaria was puzzled but she figured it probably dealt with the things that dealt with his last mission.

"Yes, Menaria. They have had a Knight following me every time I sat foot outside the Temple. As if I was some criminal." He opened his eyes to observe his Padawan's reaction from what he just revealed. What he didn't expect was the awareness she exhibited.

"You knew?" His black eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"Not directly, Master. Only a rumor had mention that said you were supposedly being?um? well tested." She said the latter part quietly not wanting anyone to overhear. She blushed slightly and looked down at her hands.

A spark of fury raced through him as he heard her speak. "Are you embarrassed to have me as your Master? If so we can end this if you want." Though he hated to say it, but he knew he had to offer the suggestion. He also knew that their relationship wouldn't work out if either one of them had any hesitations.

Menaria's head shot up so quickly that her braid flopped over her shoulder. Her eyes widen in shock and horror at his questioning. "No! I mean?no Master, please. I am not embarrassed. I am just shocked that you had no idea of the rumor." She reached out and gently took one of his larger hands into her own smaller ones. "Please, I am honored to be your Padawan and I could care less what others say. I believe in seeing things before judging them.? Her green eyes bore into his pain filled blue ones.

A weak smile slipped on to his face as he squeezed her hands.

"Remember Master, we will get through this together." She smiled back at him.

"Yes, and I thank you young one. Though there will be times that you won't be able to. But the other times you do, I thank you immensely." His eyes lit up once again with warmth.

Menaria nodded. "That's what we Padawans are supposed to do." She chuckled as she stood back up. "Now come on Master, let's see you strut your stuff like yesterday." Her eyes twinkled with mischief.

Even though he had only known her for a few days, Lindoro recognized that look. "Now hang on. I do not 'strut'!" He stood back up, crossing his arms over his chest and eyed her warily.

"Then I challenge you to not strut while we spar then Master." She raised her chin slightly in a haughty manner.

Lindoro smirked as he sat back down to remove his boots once more. "Then my very young apprentice, prepare yourself for the most challenging spar that you have ever had!"

The Master immediately flew into action as soon as his boots were removed. Menaria never saw the saber leave his belt as it some how mysteriously appeared fully activated in his hands.

Master Le

20. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    WOW! That was intense. Bravo! =D=

Now hang on. I do not 'strut' - From this exchange I started to think that he no longer had doubts about taking on a padawan but I may have now forever damned any chances of her becoming a Knight. She?she deserves better? obviously not. :(

He needs to talk to someone and soon but Palpatine is not the person to unburden himself too.

21. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Great job! =D=
    Hope he doesn't have to learn the hard way that Palpatine can't be trusted. Can't wait for the next post!

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Sabe126: Oh he'll realize sooner or later that he is worthy enough to be her Master. Menaria's presence alone will confirm that they are destined to be together.

Yeah...that classified clearance stuffles bites sometimes. Being in the military myself I know all about how security clearances can interfer with things.
    Thanks so much for reading!!

jm2: We'll have to see whether or not he does, eh? hehehehe Never know about Palpy! Thanks again for sticking with me! :D

Glad you two enjoyed this chapter! I know it was a long one, but I couldn't really cut it any where particular so juz threw it all in the pot! :D

23. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Saw this listed on the OC thread on the resource board. I'm glad I stopped in to read this, definitely worth the time! You've done a great job!

24. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Wow! Great post Kyn. Delak is trying so hard to get Lin to open up. I felt so relieved when Lindoro opened himself back up to Menaria! Delak is such a good friend, and his words were so great to him.

Poor Lin :_| He can't talk to anyone because of the classified information. Oh, I can just see Palpatine enjoying this too much! He is going to use this! And Delak told him many senators try to use the Jedi.

When he cursed the Jedi code, that was so powerful. He is really hurting inside.

Can't wait for more!!! [face_love]

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    AnakinsHeir: Hey welcome! Glad you're enjoying it so far! I thought I'd try fanfic by doing OCs instead of Canon characters. A definite challenge let me tell you! But I'm totally enjoying writing Lindoro, Menaria, and Delak. Thanks for stopping by!!

t_s: I'm so glad you enjoyed this post! I had blast writing this segment. He's always been dedicated to the Code, but having the Council and fellow Jedi treat him as such is heartbreaking and cuts through his very soul. It has been an extremely trying 2 months for him being back.

Delak is a true friend indeed, even after Lin's admittance to the rumors. Lindoro has never been a 'touchy/feely' type of guy, so his stating of Delak being like a brother was a leap of faith for Lin and Delak.

Oh yeah [face_devil] Palpy is gonna have a blast! I'm attempting to really dig into that luncheon, trying to make it as believable as can be! *Whew* and let me tell you it's a challenge in itself! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.