main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The First (OCs/Palpy Pre TPM) - Last Night- Update - 22 Sep (Sorry for the lateness!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kynstar, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_keladry

darth_keladry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2004
    Oh, no, Lin, run for your life! Don't trust him!

Or better yet, I could take care of Palpy for you...

[face_beatup]

Better? [face_batting]

Finally finished playin' catch-up, so I can now whine in a very annoying tone of voice, "More, please!"

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey darth_keladry welcome aboard! I so love your comments on ff.net!! And that recent PM you sent! I was laughing so hard!!!

As for Palpy... well if you wanna hurt him go right ahead... I know most of you guys will want to after you read the 'lunch' the two have. I can almost hear Gollum's voice saying 'Sneaking' when I got done writing the lunch out!!

I'll be posting the evening prior here w/in a couple of days. It with the lunch was well over 9 pages, so gotta break it down some so I'll do the evening first then I'll post the lunch later on.

Thanks so much for reading! And glad you like Lin ;) ;)

3. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Well it seems I'm gonna split the next post in half. The first part will be the evening and part of the morn. Either this up coming weekend or first thing next Mon I'll post the lunch scene. I think it deserves a post all by itself.

Thank you so much for sticking with the story! Here is the evening/morn scenes.
    _________

Lindoro spent the next hour and a half meditating while waiting for Menaria's return. While sitting in his room on the floor, his mind tumbled through the day's events including the conversation with Delak.

He thinks we are meant for each other as well. I did feel it through the Force. It did guide me to her. It has never failed me before. Why am I doubting it? Am I doubting the Force?or myself? I know I should not doubt what I felt or what I am still feeling. He sighed as he pulled his legs up to his chest and encircled his arms around them. Laying his head upon his knees he closed his eyes and allowed his mind to drift.

Menaria found him in this position when she finally made it back to their quarters.

"Master?" She called out into the darken room. Lindoro had not turned on the light and it was barely lit by the lights from outside the window.

"I am here Menaria. Just meditating." Lindoro said absently as he glanced up to find her looking down at him.

She knelt beside him and eyed his face. The shadows from the room gave his face a ghastly look. He had the shades raised to allow what light from outside to shine inside.

"Are you all right? We can meditate here if you like. That is since you are already comfy and such." Menaria said with a little humor.

"That would be nice. If you don't mind.." Lindoro's voice was still sullen.

Menaria smiled once more as she risked the next words. "Only if you don't mope. You do know that it makes you look twice your age, Master. You almost have as many wrinkles as Master Yoda."

Lindoro's eyes focused, immediately causing the dullness to brighten. "Menaria!" He gasped out, but her mischievous expression was just too much and he cracked a smile.

"Now that's better!" She grinned widely at her success.

Lindoro put an arm around her and drew her closer to his side. "You are too good for me."

"Nah, not really Master. We are meant to be together. I sense that now. You were right about what you said the other day. The Force brought us together. You to teach me?" Her eyes twinkled with mischief once more. "?and I'm to keep you from being a grumpy Master." She snickered as he playfully pushed her away some.

"Me grumpy! Now see here!" He chuckled with her as he took in a deep breath and slowly released it. Yes, she is good for me. She reminds me of who I should be?myself.

"Well then let's meditate. Tomorrow I take it you will be busy with your friends in making these banners?"

"Yes, Master. If that will be ok. We have some ideas and it will probably take most of the morning if not all of it. Will that be all right with you?" She asked as she sat back down in a comfortable position to meditate in. "I know you have lunch set up with the Senator. I'll await your return to do the katas."

"Yes, I don't mind you doing the banners with your friends. I'll just spend some time either in the Room of the Thousand Fountains or in the Temple Archives. I'm not sure how long Senator Palpatine has planned for lunch, but I will return when I can."

Menaria smiled and then took on a thoughtful look. "How is he? He sounds quite interesting."

"He seems to be so far. I can't really say until I get to know him better. I will give him a chance. I usually don't associate with politicians?that is unless I'm forced to." He smirked slightly causing Menaria to chuckle.

"I don't think there are too many Jedi who do like to associate with them." Menaria commented.

"Well Padawan, your Grand Master, my Master, does and on a regular basis at that. He has numerous senatorial friends."

"I can't wait to meet him! I? I hope he won't be disappointed in me?" Menaria asked.

"No, he's already impressed that you were able to rein me

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    You've done a wonderful job of developing these original characters. OC fics are something I have just started to really get into, and this is a good one! Great work!

5. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Noooo!!! Stay away from Palpy!

Heya, Kynstar. I think you've been spending too much time with jm2. You're starting to update as quickly as she does, and I always have to catch up. :)

Anyhow, great job. I'm always happy to see an update by you.

6. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Hi Kyn! :D

What a nightmare Menaria had! And how scary. I bet this has something to do with Lin's past somehow. He cares so much for her. Those two are really great together. I love how she teases him and how it really gets him out of that darkness he's fighting.

I forgot to tell you how much I enjoyed their fight scene too in the last post. I liked the 'strut' part [face_laugh] (Certain scenes stick with you ;)

Lin finally had a sense of freedom from the Jedi following him and then it was all dashed. I feel as nervous as he does waiting for the Senator! I really like knowing what he's thinking and how desperately he wants some closure to what happened. OH Palpatine's probably enjoying this! [face_devil]

Great job Kyn! Looking forward to more!!! (and...ummm... can you give me some of that frequent update stuff you've been drinking...I need it!!! :_| ) ;)

7. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    VaderLVR64: Hey! Glad you stopped by and are enjoying the story! :D Thanks so much! It means a lot to me that you swung by!

Opal: hehehehe! Well I thought I'd post when I got a good chunk written down. Though I might have to slow down every now and then (but not to slow) base is getting ready for a major upcoming inspection from Head Quarters so we gotta get prepared so that means long hours at work (Eeeeew) but I should still be able to do a post once a week or week and a half.
    Glad you're still loving the story! So good to hear from you and enjoy our little bits from other stories ;) Hey by the way... how'd you guess I fall for tall long haired/bearded guys? *snrk* hehehehe ;)

t_s: Hey you! :D Yep, yep the dream actually kind'a deals with Lin's past ;) Those two together are great together are they not? She is his anchor and will continually to be so.
    Glad you enjoyed the 'strut' part! hehehe he can be really graceful if he allows the Force to flow freely (and not be bottled down by thoughts and worries) he's elegant and quick with the saber.
    Oh and fear not! [face_devil] Palpy is going to have 'fun'!
    Thank you so much for your lovely comments! As for updating... well whenever the next scene pops in my head I scribble it down. Believe it or not I carry a notepad around cuz I never know when it hits me. Shoot this pass weekend I had something hit me in the middle of the night! I woke up around 3 am to get a drink of water and *Wham!* a scene hit me so I had to scribble it down. hehehehe
    Oh I can't wait for your next update!!!!!!! [face_love] Dooku's the man!!! [face_love]

8. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    You almost have as many wrinkles as Master Yoda." - ROTFL! Glad that brought him out of his misery. Phew, that must have been some nightmare, will we learn what happened? NOOOOOOOOOO you mustn't tell Palpatine! :eek:

9. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    this pass weekend I had something hit me in the middle of the night! I woke up around 3 am to get a drink of water and *Wham!* a scene hit me so I had to scribble it down [face_laugh]

I do that too! My sig. other looks at me really wierd when I have the nightlight on, scribbling frantically. I have papers all over my side of the bed. ;)

Can't wait for more Kyn. Up! :D

10. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Darn...I'm never really one for OC's but this story is amazing! I love it! You can really feel consistency in your characters. They rock. This whole Senator Palpy thing though...maybe it's just because I can't stand the man. Even the site of him makes me sick. I have a bad feeling about this...*shudder* The man just makes me sick.

11. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Sorry it took me a while to reply to your posts. It's been a busy week. Anyway, they are fabulous! I have truly enjoyed seeing your OC's grow throughout your story--you have done a great job!
    =D=

12. darth_keladry

darth_keladry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2004
    Gimme "U!"

U!

Gimme a "P!"

P!

What does that spell?

UP!

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Sabe126: Hehehehe glad you liked the little bit about Yoda's wrinkles! hehehe She tries so hard to cheer him up.

As for the nightmare...you'll more than find out what happens eventually. [face_devil]

Lin doesn't tell Palpy every detail, but unfortunately it is more than enough. :(
    Thanks for reading!!

t_s: Hehehe! I'm glad then that I'm not the only one that has notes sprawled about the place! Yeah... I got that in my bedroom too. Also at work! My Major eyes me funnily sometimes when I get an idea in my head. I grab my handy dandy notepad and begin to squibble away with my tongue slightly out and not even paying attention to my surroundings. He had the nerve to laugh at me one day! *Snrk* not that it really bothered me! hehehe

I'll post this weekend, either late Sat or early Sun. Though I'm still writing on the next section still (after Palpy's luncheon). Thanks again! ;)

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee: I appreciate you stopping by to say so! Glad you like Menaria and Lin! :D Yeah Palpy is pure evil at its best, I always thought. Stick around if you don't like the guy ;) cuz you'll prob hate him even more after this upcoming postie! Thanks again for reading! :D

jm2: Hey I'm just glad you're still enjoying the story :D Thanks so much I appreciate your support :D

darth_keladry: Hey again! :D Thanks for the UP! Hope you enjoy this next section as well! It was a bit of a challenge cuz I can't have Palpy get all 'evil' because this is the first time the 2 have sat down and actually talked. Got to get to know one another before he gets all 'evil-kenival' on Lin ;) Thanks again for reading!

Like I said I'll post the next awaited piece late tomorrow or Sun afternoon.

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks again you all for reading! Here's the next section. It isn't too elaborate cuz this is their first actual 'meeting' together. Hope you all like it!
    ____

Palpatine felt a slight disturbance in the Force as he finished up the recent report that he had been assigned to accomplish. He paused before signing the document to concentrate on the disturbance. Ahhh it's the Corellian Knight. He smirked as he then signed the document. He still is unsettled. Poor man?perhaps I should help unsettle him. Palpatine resisted the chuckle that begged to be released.

He then got up from behind his desk and opened the doorway that led to the waiting room. At the same time, the caterer walked through the outer doorway bringing in a hover cart carrying several meals. The Bith nodded in greeting to the Senator and Knight. "Here is the food Senator Palpatine." The Bith's lidless black eyes sparkled as he pushed the hover cart further in for easier access.

"Thank you Riaoul. Just add it to my tab and don't forget to send me the cost total for this week." Palpatine said as he grabbed the end of the cart and began to push it toward his office.

Riaoul nodded once more to Palpatine then the Knight and left.

"Ahh Knight D'Lockens, I am glad you were able to come. Come on in. I wasn't sure as to what your food tastes were so I got a little variety."

Lindoro had been engrossed in his thoughts when Palpatine had come out of his office and when the Bith caterer had arrived. He nodded back at the Bith as he left then bowed in greeting to Palpatine. "Senator." Lindoro followed Palpatine in to his office. "I am not picky, sir. I eat just about everything there is."

Lindoro couldn't help but glance around at the office. It wasn't as elaborate as Organa's had been. There were only a couple of paintings on the walls, several shelves with books, and a few plants. One plant seemed almost sentient as its long greenish-red tinged leaves moved slightly at the Knight's passing. Lindoro kept a wary eye on that one. The other two plants were generic fern types.

"Please, take a seat. I'll get all this ready." Palpatine said as he took down a bottle of some drink off one of his shelves that had a few old books on it.

"Let me help, Senator." Lindoro took two glasses and held them while Palpatine poured the dark liquid.

"I am sure you are familiar with this, Corellian Ale. And almost a hundred years old I do believe. I have a few of these and only open them on special occasions." Palpatine smiled as he finished pouring. Putting the top back on the bottle he placed it on the hover cart. Taking a glass from Lindoro, Palpatine took a drink and sighed. "Great, just great." His light blue eyes shinning.

Lindoro smiled in return and brought the other glass to his lips and took a small whiff prior to tasting, he nearly sighed with bliss at the scent. Taking a drink he could not resist the sigh any longer. "Senator?this is indeed delicious." He said as he eyed the drink lovingly.

Palpatine chuckled. "I had hoped you would enjoy it. The last time I saw you, you looked like you needed a 'pick me up'." He eyed the Knight carefully.

Lindoro looked up from the drink and eyed the shorter man in return, guardedly. "I was lost in thought, yes."

Palpatine cocked an eyebrow. "Thoughts that troubled you?" He asked while he took another sip of his drink.

Lindoro clinched his jaw tightly causing his mustache to quiver slightly. "Possibly." He did not want to talk to him about it?or did he? Lindoro fought the urge too, it nearly screamed for him to speak.

Palpatine slowly nodded as if he understood the reluctance. "Well, let us eat then, shall we?"
    He then placed his drink on the cart and grabbed a plate from the small holder on the side of the rectangular cart. It was a good 3 feet long by 2 feet wide. The food was still steaming hot. "It looks like he gave us a hefty collection of cuisine here. We have some from Corellia, Alderaan, Naboo, and a few others it appears." Palpatine smiled up at Lindoro as the Knight

15. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    *Jumps up and down excitedly* :D Another Post!!! :D I've been looking forward to this! Great job Kyn!

I'm really enjoying getting bits and pieces of whats happened. Poor Lin. (I feel like I'm getting to know him better too.) [face_love] It sounds like Palpatine already knows quite a bit about this mission and is using it to his full advantage.

Palpatine is loving this!!!

Poor Lin, he's been so alone and now all at once someone is taking interest...and for all the wrong reasons!!! :_|

Great scene between the two, with Palpatine comforting Lin. Very interesting about the drinking too. It seemed Lin was trying to fight off some demons with it. It's so good to see him happy but I know there is a devious mind at work here!

More!!! More!!! More!!! :D

16. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    t_s: *Whew* Glad you enjoyed it! Was sorta afraid that it wouldn't come across all that well with folks. I'm relieved that you thought it was great! :D

Well Palpy is one of the few senators (besides the Chancellor himself) that is aware of the undercover work that had been going on. He knows a lot of what has happen but there had been some 'missing pieces'. Unfortunately Lin just provided some of the missing 'links' about some of the 'left out parts' (unexplained killings).

Yep yep, Palpy can now begin to play! ;) The cards have been dealt and he can now sit back and enjoy the show.

As for the drinking... well I've noticed that in real life (and also in the movies as well) some folk fight their demons off with a variety of things. Drinking is one of Lin's 'escaping reality' tickets. Though he could easily with the Force push the toxic affects away but sometimes he doesn't (as was shown in one of the previous chappies). And on Nar Shaddaa cantinas are numerous indeed! How could it not have tons of them? It is Hutt owned ;)

Thanks so much for reading! ;) Totally relieved that you enjoyed this chapie! [:D]

17. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Between him and Menaria I can work out this rising darkness that threatens to engulf me. Yes he can help by listening.

No, don't listen to him! Palpatine will drag you down into the darkness! :eek:

Again, you had Palpatine perfectly, I could see him sitting there watching.

18. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Congratulations Kyn, Lin, and Menaria! That was well deserved! =D=

[face_love]

19. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Oh, your Palpy is sooo deliciously wicked!! I love it. I'm glad to see that you're managing to update this quite frequently as it's getting more and more difficult to wait for the next part. :D

Woohoo! Congrats on that win, Kynstar!

20. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Congratulations! =D=

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    BIG THANK YOU for those who nominated my story!! [face_blush]

Sabe126: Glad you like my Palpy! I so love the guy during these years!! Thanks for the congrats! Even though it was by default, I'm excited to have been even nominated! Being so near to the boards and such, it took me by surprise! I'm still shocked! hehehe

t_s: Thanks for the congrats! Oh btw Lin says to say hello! ;)

Opal: hehehehehe glad you, too enjoy my Palpy! He is rather wicked, sneakily so, eh? hehehe Thanks for the congrats!

I'll try to wrap up the next segment and post it by end of this week. They only have one more day before the Celebration and the day after that Master Banz is returning! Now that's gonna be challenging indeed! Writing their talk after the reunion! Heavy, heavy!! Definitely gonna be fun!! Thanks again for reading!!!

22. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Oh btw Lin says to say hello! *Faints* :D

Up you go!

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    hehehe thanks t_s hehehe ;) has that affect on us women doesn't he?

I'm juz about done :D got a good 4 pages done up juz a couple more and I'll post it here. :D

24. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    ;) Looking forward to the next one!

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Here you go! Sorry if it's sorta 'choppy' juz trying to let time pass by for the next day. (also ain't been sleeping to well - my insomnia acting up again *sigh* which doesn't help either! hehehe)
    THANKS again for reading!!

_____

This is my life
    It's not what it was before
    All these feelings I've shared
    And these are my dreams
    That I'd never lived before
    Somebody shake me
    Cuz I must be dreaming

These are my words
    That I've never said before
    I think I'm doing okay
    And this is the smile
    That I've never shown before
    Somebody shake me
    Cuz I must be sleeping

Now that we're here,
    It's so far away
    All the struggle we thought was in vain
    All in the mistakes
    One life contained
    They all finally start to go away
    Now that we're here it's so far away
    And I feel like I can face the day I can forgive
    And I'm not ashamed to be the person that I am today

I'm so afraid of waking
    Please don't shake me
    Afraid of waking
    Please don't shake me

"So Far Away" by Staind

Parking his speeder on the landing strip, Lindoro smiled and waved at Knight Stani to get his attention. The shorter Knight was washing one of the speeders.

"Hey Knight D'Lockens!" Stani called out as he climbed down the portable washer. "You're looking rather chipper." He said as he dried his hands and grabbed the datapad off his desk.

Knight Ris landed and hopped out of his speeder. Joining the two other Knights, Stani immediately tensed up as he expected trouble. He was totally unprepared for Lindoro's cheerfulness toward the trailing Knight.

"Knight D'Lockens, Knight Stani." Ris greeted the two as he approached.

"Good afternoon Knight Ris." Lindoro said as he checked and signed in the speeder he had used. He then handed the pad over to Ris.

Lindoro bid the two good day and headed to the turbolift. Grabbing his comlink, he contacted Menaria.

"Padawan Darce here." Her voice came over the link

"Menaria I'm back. I'll meet you in the gym." Lindoro informed her as the lift headed to the training room level.

"I'll meet you there shortly then, Master." Menaria smiled.

"Very well Padawan." He then ended the connection.

"Well sounds like the meeting must have went fairly well." Seriu said as he sipped on some muja juice.

The four sat at a table in the Temple's Archives. They had found numerous Mon Calamarian sayings and historical events that could be used on the banners that they had finished making.

"Yeah it did sound like it. I'll let you guys know if anything happened. Well, I better go and do my katas. I'll see you all at evening meal." Menaria waved good bye to her friends and left to go to the gym.

Menaria could tell the difference as soon as she spotted Lindoro. He had a slight lift to his step and he kept the smile that was currently residing on his face.

"You seem more cheerful than usual. I take it the lunch went well?" Menaria could help herself as she smiled at Lindoro's grin.

"I do feel better than I have in quite a while. I was able to talk about some of the issues that I could not with anyone else. The Senator is a very compassionate man. And it was almost unsettling the way he was so concern about me. I?I feel like I could get to like the man. It feels right." Lindoro's voice drifted off slightly at the last few words as he focused on his reactions towards the Senator.

"Then maybe you two are meant to be friends. I'm sure that not all Senators are corrupt and one-sided. You did say that Master Banz has several Senators as friends." Menaria reminded him what he had told her as she finished taking off her boots, socks, and over tunic.

Lindoro sat down on the bench, deep in thought as he took his own boots, socks, and over tunic off. Grasping his saber, he faced off with his Padawan.

"You are right, perhaps it is the will of the Force to be friends. The Force does work in mysterious ways sometimes, doesn't it? And he helped me immensely. Though he really didn't do much but listened. Then again sometimes that is all that is needed." Lindoro said as his smile widened

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.