main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The First (OCs/Palpy Pre TPM) - Last Night- Update - 22 Sep (Sorry for the lateness!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kynstar, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_keladry

jedi_keladry Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    Woo hoo! I like the description of the kata, and the conversation Lindoro and Menaria were having.

More, Dearie! More!

2. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    I hate insomnia!!! You've described it really well here with Lin. (Hope you get some good sleep too) ;) Poor Lin, that was so horrible the beating he took! I bet there is so much more torturing his soul.

And Palpatine is pushing here and there, making him doubt. That scene in the shower was so touching, Kyn.

Lin got a reprieve for a little bit, it was so good to see him relaxing with Menaria and being able to feel the Living Force.

Very 'nice' of Palpatine to offer another lunch. ;)

He wants to meet Menaria! EEEK! Ok, what is he up to now! :D

I think it will be so good for Lin to be reunited with his Master after all this time and all he's been through.

Maybe we should have you sleep less, this was great!!! More insomnia!!! :p Seriously, great job and great characterizations!!!

3. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Great job once again! Like I said before, you have to watch old Palpatine! He's up to no good! Can't wait for the next post.

4. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    You paint a vivid picture of life within the Temple. It is good that he is feeling better about himself but he must NOT associate that with anything to do with Palpatine! It is worrying what could happen if the truth about Palpatine is revealed.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    The description of the kata was great! I love that sort of stuff and find it so hard to write that I always admire the ability in others. WOnderful work. Palpatine is worrisome, but when is he NOT? YOu've done a fantastic job of bringing these characters and their world to life. Well done!

Can't wait for more.

6. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I love the descriptions of kata.

Palpatine is worrying me but he ALWAYS worries me!

An amazing story as always!

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    t_s: Yeah...insomnia sucks hehehehe wishing me sleepless nights are you? ;) hehehe well believe it or not that is the best times that the plot lines hit me is when I can't sleep.

Glad you enjoyed this chapter. It was fun writing cuz of him being on a 'high' trip and it ending that night. Yep it's good that he was able to fully relax and allow the Force to flow through him instead of scatterly through him. Also glad you're enjoying Palpatine bring him doubts ;) Funny thing is what he is telling Lin is only truths. And the worst thing is..is that Lin already knows but doesn't want to face up to it. He believes that the only thing keeping him with the Order is the fact of what their goals are; to keep peace and prosperity for the Galactic Senate. And the things he has discovered and what Palpy is filling him in on is knocking those ideals that he follows down into the ground. So instead of the wrongs that he has done weighing him down, he now has the added facts of the Senate being corrupted from the inside out.

Yep Palpy wants to see whom his Paddy is, he wants to judge if the girl will be a problem or not.

Yep those two will have numerous lunches before the mission that they will go onto together.

I, too, am looking forward to the meeting with his Master. I've got several things jotted down, juz gotta compile and fill in the areas.

Thanks ;) I try my best for their characterizations. Sometimes it's hard while other times it comes naturally with the flow. Thanks for your continual support!!!

jm2: Thanks for sticking with me! :D Glad you enjoyed this chappie too! :D I should be able to post by the end of the week (if my boss doens't hamper me to much hehehe we're getting ready for a mass base inspection from headquarters; so it'll be tricky).

Sabe126: Thanks! :D I've always wondered how life in the Temple was besides the norm. So I thought of pulling a 'yearly' type celebration that they do in honoring a certain race of the Galactic Senate. I had several races in mind and jotted them down on a sheet of paper and put them in a cup...then drew a sheet out and it came up as the Mon Cals hehehe Thanks for reading!!

VaderLRV64: Glad ya loved the kata! There are soooo many forms out there and styles that are talked about but not defined precisely, so I kind'a threw this one together. Thanks! Glad you're enjoying the characters!

VaderMistress: Glad you enjoyed the kata as well! It was fun writing, I had my kid help me actually work it out to see if it could be actually done. The Master and Padawan positions was fun hehehehe of course he did the Paddy one ;) Thanks for reading!! And as for Palpy hehehe yep his 'entertainment' that he's having with Lin worries me too! ;)

Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to post the next chappy. Like I said gonna be tricky with us prepping for this major inspection. Thanks again for your support!! [:D]

8. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Looking forward to more Kyn! :D

Good luck with your inspection! We have something similar at the hospital and it is stressful!!!

*Goes through Lin withdrawals* :D :D

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    t_s: *snrk* Lin withdrawals? hehehe that's a new one! ;)

Well I've juz about done with the celebration ;) juz gotta add fluff to it and I'll type it on up and post it. So by end of the week it'll be up.

Yep, this prepping is tiresome! You'd think we were actually having the inspection already! hehe ;)

10. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    *Lin Withdrawals* ...A serious medical condition! ;)

11. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    All right here it is... I humbly ask your pardon on the choppiness, the lack of details in the room, and if there be any other probs with it. Not only sleep deprivation hitting me but this having to work late everyday (prepping for this inspection) is killing me. But here it be!!

Juz in case you are wondering about the song I picked to represent this chapter is for Palpatine and Lindoro.

THANKS so much for sticking with me and reading my story.

(Warning to any Finis fans... my humble apologies for not describing him in detail or having him talk his normal LONG speeches hehehe oh don't get me wrong! I love Finis! And I was soooo heartbroken when Palpy got him kicked out.. but then again Palpy had to come to power some how! hehe)
    _______

Crowded streets are cleared away
    One by one
    Hollow heroes separate
    As they run
    You?re so cold
    Keep your hand in mine
    Wise men wonder while strong men die

If you find your family
    Don?t you cry
    In this land of make believe
    Dead and dry
    You?re so cold
    But you feel alive
    Lay your hand on me
    One last time

Show me how we end this all right
    Show me how defenseless you really are
    Satisfied and empty inside
    Well that?s alright
    Let?s give this another try

?So Cold? by Breaking Benjamin

The morning was alive with the hustling of many Padawans and Initiates as they prepared for the seasonal celebration. Banners depicting numerous Mon Calamari historical events were being put up on the walls.

Menaria had gotten up earlier than usual to help her friends out with the banners. They were assigned the duty of placing them throughout the large meeting rooms that had been chosen for hosting the event.

"How many Senators are supposed to be coming?" Kork asked as he held the ladder while Seriu posted another banner upon the high wall. This particular room was 30 feet in height and 60 feet wide with a dome ceiling that allowed sunlight from the outside to shine in. It was well over 200 feet long and numerous tables were pushed up against the far walls to provide room for people to walk around. The tables were beginning to be covered with items from Mon Calamari and other keepsakes that people would be allowed to take with them. Food and drinks were to be placed out a little later prior to the start of the celebration.

"I've heard that at least 100 were going to be able to attend. Of course the Mon Calamari Senator will be here, wouldn't be right if he didn't come!" Nania spoke up as she held up a banner and used the Force to levitate it up to Seriu. The boy reached out and gently took the banner to be positioned beside the other one he had just finished putting in place.

The four had decided to use historical events for the banners. Several had the past wars of the planet while the majority showed negotiation meetings and a few of their ancient ceremonial holidays.

Lindoro spent most of the early morning meditating in the Map Room. The alarm he had set earlier began to beep at 0940. The noise drew him out of the deep trance. He realized it wasn't as relaxing as yesterday's, but it served its purpose. He hated crowds?and the idea that he was going to be in the midst of a lot of people was unsettling. Perhaps the Senator will not be in the middle of it all?but then again he is a politician and they all crave crowds. Sighing, he got up from the floor and headed toward where the celebration was going to be held at. I did promise Menaria to see her banners that she help create. He reminded himself as he walked into the turbolift.

The lift had several other Jedi in it, who were also heading for the celebration. He kept a serene outlook as several attempted to keep a little distance away from him. One, however, did not. And as Lindoro stepped away from those who had stepped away from him, he almost did not see Master Yoda in time. The little Master cleared his throat to get the taller Knight's attention in order to prevent from being stepped on.

"Forgive me, Master." Lindoro said with embarrassment as he bowed.

"Forgiven you are. Mo

12. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Will catch up at the weekend :)

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    hehehe Sabe126 yeah it's kind'a long ain't it? I couldn't really break it in half cuz then it would have been too short. Hope ya enjoy it once ya do read it :D

14. Eight_Nunb

Eight_Nunb Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2004
    geez i'll have to get to read this stuff later

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Eight_Nunb: Welcome! Sorry... yeah it's a mite longer than usual. I juz couldn't cut this one in half. Hope you enjoy it once you do read it! And thanks for swinging by!

16. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    By the Force I hope it's short. LOL at that and nearly treading on Master yoda! Palpatine?s plans sound onmious. Menaria is heading for serious trouble, hopefully Lindoro will realise in time what Palpatine is up to.

17. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    *Dances around!* :D I got my Lin fix!!! :D :D

This was great Kyn! I loved how you wove in the celebrations with Lindoro and Palpatine's talk. He has been tortured with his past so long, that Palpatine is a breath of fresh air for him. (Not good!!!) :D

Palpatine reached out and laid a comforting hand upon the Knight's shoulder and eyed him warmly. "He will understand as any loving father would." Palpatine said quietly under his breath in order for only Lindoro to hear. "If I was your father?or Master in this matter, I would be honored to call you mine and would also be proud of your achievements that you have done for the Republic. There should be more people like you who truly care for our government."

Ohhh, he is so sneaky and manipulative, he knows what Lin needs to hear. He is written so deliciously evil here. Great job. I was really interested to see what Palpatine thought of Menaria. He caught on that she is going to be a challenge to his plans for Lin. :) And he can sense Lin's growing doubts. I wonder if Lin's going to be able to open up to his Master. He is such a private man, and he seems to keep things so tightly bottled up, I'm not sure if he'll want to 'ruin' the reunion, if that makes sense.

Off the subject, I really like your descriptions of the temple and that Lin hasn't seen it all yet! (Very intriguing)

The problem with getting my 'Lin fix' is that now I want more!!! :_| Great job, Kyn! :D

18. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Heya, Kynstar.

I'm still floating around here when I get the time. And look what you've done to these poor readers in my absence...you've created Lin addicts...(way to go, girl) ;)

19. VadersLadies

VadersLadies Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2004
    As I made my way through the boards I stumbled across this story, and stubbed my toe in the process, and I really enjoy it! This is a fantastic story Kynstar! :p

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Sabe126: Glad you liked the near stepping on our favorite troll! hehehe Thought that was a humorous tidbit! :D

As for Lin or even Menaria catching on... that still remains to be seen! [face_devil]

Thanks for reading!!!

The next few segments won't be quite as long! I promise ;)

t_s: Hehehehe glad you got your fix! ;) [face_blush] Ahhh thanks! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the inner mixing of their talks with the walking around seeing the exhibits.

I thought the ole 'if I was your father or even Master in this matter' was an interesting twist. ;) Hehehehe and his bit about being proud and that there should be more like him - was comforting to Lin, sadly though. :_|
    I'm soooo thrilled you like my Palpy. Sometimes he isn't as easy to write as some folks say.

As for Lin's Master...that'll be coming up shortly :D

I thought the lil bit on him not being every where in the Temple was a cute additive as well. I mean if you think about it... there ARE tons of rooms in that humongous place!!! hehehehe

Thank you so much for your compliments and caring words! :D :D I'll grant you more Lin either tomorrow or definitely by the end of Wed!!

Opal: Hey girl!! How's it going? Glad ya still about! I figured you'd been busy! I know I sure have! Man... this base that I'm on is gonna drive me batty for sure!! ;)

Yeah... Lin addicts *snrk* hehehe I wonder if we should have a hotline created for it? ;)

VadersLadies: Thanks for reading! I'm glad you are enjoying the story! I know I'm having a ball writing it! Thanks for stopping by! :D

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    This is a short section due to the actual talk kind'a ran long. So here is the meeting at the landing pad. Hope you enjoy it! Thanks again for reading!!

_________

Lindoro was up way before his alarm. Taking extra time in the refresher and allowing the heat from the water to help alleviate his building anxieties, he sighed deeply. My Master is returning! He felt like a Padawan again as his thoughts continually drifted to the Bothan?s returning.

Meditation and breakfast went by quickly as the Knight strove to keep from checking his chrono ever five minutes.

?Is your Master going to join us at lunch?? Menaria asked as she held back the giggle that threatened to escape. He?s so excited! Well I am too! I have a Master and a Grand Master! Her dark green eyes sparkled echoing her Master?s glow.

?Yes Menaria, I?ll be sure to see if he can. I?m not sure how long the Council will keep him for his debriefing. But I will make sure that if he is done by mid day meal, we will come and have lunch with you.? His smile grew as he waved good bye to the bowing initiates.

?Thank you Master. I can?t wait to meet him.? She then joined her friends as they headed off to their classes.

Lindoro went and checked out a speeder in order to head for the landing pad.

On his arrival, he noticed the normal coming and goings of numerous ships and other speeders. Never a dull moment or a second of silence for it?s always busy. He chuckled as he tried to find an open spot for the speeder. Finally after fifteen minutes of searching, he found an open spot and parked. Leaping out of the seat, he headed for the designated landing strip that the Bothan?s ship would be landing.

Nodding to those that greeted him as he passed through several doors and other open bays, he could not keep the smile off his face. He finally reached the designated strip, as several technicians chuckled at the smiling Jedi while they greeted him. They were preparing the lines for refueling the cruiser once it arrived.

His appearance was calm and serene, but deep inside his adrenaline raced. It has been so long?though we?ve talked recently it just isn?t the same.

The left side of his mustache ended up in his mouth and he began to chew on it unconsciously. Hands inside the arms of his robe, he tapped his arm impatiently. He continually fought the urge to glance at his chrono one last time. You think I would know patience by now! This caused the tall man to smile. Upon the twitching of his lips did he realize that he had been chewing on his mustache. He spat it out with disgust. When did I ever start doing that? Nasty habit?terrible one at that too. A scowl replaced the grin. It was short lived as he saw the red and off-white cruiser coming toward the landing pad. It was a standard Republic Cruiser that most dignitaries traveled on. Finally! His heart began to race as a sheepish grin replaced the brooding look. Taking his hands out from the robe, he waited anxiously until the ship touched down and the landing ramp lowered.

Several officials disembarked before he saw the Bothan Master. Bowing slightly at those that passed by he attempted to not run as he approached Talias.

The Master was wearing his lighter brown robe over his off-white tunic and pants with the hilt of his saber flashing in the sunlight at the slow measured gait of his walk. The Bothan also had to curve his own excitement as he saw his old Padawan. When they were within speaking range, Lindoro closed the distance quickly as his strides lengthen to a near trot. The taller Jedi couldn?t help refrain from smiling wider as he noticed his old Master?s ears twitching slightly; he knew that he was having trouble with holding his own impatience.

?Master!? The Knight embraced the furred Jedi as tears threaten to mist in his eyes. Talias returned the embrace heartedly.

?Lin?Lin I need to be able to breathe.? Talias? voice was muffled by the clothing and the man?s chest. Talias chuckled as the human stepped back a little so the Bothan co

22. isola

isola Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2004
    Hi! I'm not all caught up yet but I just wanted to say that it was a fantastic start - I love how both D'Lockens and Menaria are nervous as he picks his padawan! And being hushed by Windu LOL!

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey isola! Hope you like the rest! Glad that you are liking it so far! :D I juz love Lin and Menaria :D

24. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Yay! The part I've been waiting for this whole time! We finally got to meet the GrandMaster. *sigh* Such a lovely reunion. You discribed it very well. lol. Lovin' this story to .

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Obi_Kenobi_Devotee: Well I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D I juz love Talias he's such a heartfelt guy! Especially in the next posting when the two have their 'talk'. Which I should have it up either Fri or Sat. Thanks so much for reading!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.