main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The First (Only?) SWC Triple Threat Mini Draft

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthIntegral, Nov 25, 2020.

1. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    Okay, to argue the easiest match of the three:

What has Oddball and Warthog done that is impressive? They don't have any noted kill counts or notable appearances -- Warthog was almost shot down by vulture droids and needed to be saved by Plo Koon and I've seen nothing on Oddball. Stele is force-sensitive and basically led the piloting campaign against Admiral Zaarin, so he has TONS of feats. The two clones get shot down rather quickly.

2. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Ok but those are some interesting matches!

3. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    Now, Rau vs. Horn/Darklighter:

First off, this is a 2 vs. 1 in which two Rogue legends with boatloads of Starfighter combat take on a Mandalorian warrior who is a solid pilot, but doesn't have much showings. While the Fang fighter makes this fight closer, it just doesn't do enough to defeat two starfighter combat veterans who could each individually defeat Rau.

4. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    Now, for the main event, which I honestly think can go either way:

My duo have extensive experience in the Yuuzhan Vong War, while Bossk's duo has most of its experience coming in the GCW. Lando's a really good pilot, but his two best feats involve flying a ship that he does not own and he lacks any experience in piloting a starfighter. Syndulla has most of her experience fighting in the early Rebellion before basically becoming a fleet commander -- I consider her as the canon version of Keyan Farlander in terms of both ability and career arc. Both of my pilots are used to flying starfighters (Durron even has experience piloting an X-Wing) in combat and probably have the experience edge.

Additionally, Bossk's duo has to cope with Durron's force-sensitivity, which both enhances his abilities as a pilot and allows him to employ the beauties known as Jedi Shadow Bombs (which Durron himself invented). Bossk's duo has no answer for these weapons, and I could see Durron employing them to massive effect.

Finally, my duo has actually piloted together in the same squadron (Twin Suns Squadron) for a short period of time, while Bossk's duo has never piloted together to my knowledge. This provides my duo with the chemistry advantage.

In short, I feel like this is an insane fight which probably ends up with one of my pilots dead and the other's ship suffering severe damage, but ends up with my side victorious.

@clone commander bossk Your turn. I'd especially like an explanation behind your last two picks -- IMO there are better CANON-only pilots who were still available let alone the Legends pilots unselected.

P.S: @KenKenobi can we have your breakdowns please?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Pash Cracken (Prepared) vs. Saesee Tiin AND WINGMATE Adi Gallia
    Prepared or not, these are the two best starfighter pilots in the entire Jedi Order (besides Anakin of course). That’s the best out of ten thousand! Saesee Tiin trained Adi Gallia, so they’re cohesion here is unbeatable. They’re going to be perfectly in sync and be able to play off of each other’s strengths. On top of this they also have their Force abilities to give them faster reflexes and perform feats that other’s can’t. You’d need an insanely talented non-Force sensitive to take them both out.

Keyan Farlander AND WINGMATE Saba Sebatyne vs. Tycho Celchu AND WINGMATE Wes Janson
    And my last sentence leads into this battle quite well: “You’d need an insanely talented non-Force sensitive to take them both out.” Well here’s Tycho Celchu AND Wes Janson - arguably Wedge’s two best pilots. Individually I don’t see them being able to overcome two Force sensitives, but together I can. Their cohesion is again unbeatable, as they’ve been in countless big battles and smaller missions together over many years. They’ve always had each other’s back and will continue to do so here. If things start looking down for them, Tycho might have a few crazy ideas or bold moves to pull off that gives them the upper hand. I do think this is the closest match though.

"Hobbie" Klivian vs. Poe Dameron
    I don’t see this one being nearly as tough. You’d think Poe is Force sensitive with the crazy **** he pulls off. This guy was able to take on a Dreadnought by himself. Usually Hobbie and his wingmates would team up to attempt such a crazy feat, but Poe is a one man army. Even when a whole squadron of TIE’s gets launched to deal with him, he still holds his own. His accuracy is unparalleled as well. Just look at the Battle of Takodana where he took down 10 or more TIE’s without wasting a single shot in a matter of seconds. Nothing missed. That’s actually insane. He’s too good. Show me Hobbie doing this type of stuff.

Wedge Antilles vs. Iden Version
    I do think it’d be a great fight, but this is Wedge we’re talking about.

BookExogorth likes this.
  6. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    @DarthIntegral Rx's team does not have its #6 pick in any of the matches.

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh yeah, Mara is missing. That might change things...

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  8. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Traveling so won’t be able to catch up until Tue/Wed, sorry fam. Blitz us with args in the meantime

9. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    On my team, I paired Mara with Hobbie, so obviously that gets rid of Poe (too slow) Dameron.

SithOverlord101 and Narancia like this.
  10. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    Haha, Poe (too slow) Dameron, I don't know why that made me chuckle.

11. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    @Jordan1Kenobi How does the inclusion of MJS affect the Hobbie -- Poe matchup?

12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah. Hobbies/MJS

Sorry I goofed that

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Poe “too slow”? More like Poe “so fast by the time you spot him you’ve already been blasted out of the sky”!

Just means more target practice for Poe. Seriously, this guy has Jedi reflexes when he’s in the cockpit. Too fast on attack, too skilled with his manoeuvres, and too accurate with his shots for anyone but the best to take him down.

Like I said before - one man army.

14. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    @Jordan1Kenobi If I were judging your matches, you and RX would be going to teams again -- I see a prepped Pash being able to take out the PT Jedi duo (although it would be a different story were the prep not available) but otherwise agree with your arguments. Although I do wonder what would have occurred had the Rogue duo been facing Farlander WINGMATE Sebatyne WINGMATE Jade.

15. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    @DarthIntegral Which individual matchups are the best in this round of matches - i.e. which match between Jordan and RX do you think is the closest and which match between me and Bossk is the closest?

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I really do think there are six matches worth arguing, but the closest (IMO) in each is

Keyan/Saba vs. Tycho/Wes

and

I'm really curious to hear arguments for Rau especially prepared

KenKenobi likes this.
  17. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    I agree. Wedge & Soontir, then args.

Inty/RX, does Pash have a specific craft with prep there?

clonecombo, how does Fenn flying his own Fang give him the edge there?

Jordan, I’d give you Poe over Hobbie individually (a match I think we had last SFD) based on that arg, but want more for how to deal with MJS too. Especially if he finds out he’s facing Luke’s...wife?!

SithO, 3x Porgs should’ve topped every undrafted list

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    With Pash, I would guess it's going to be an A-Wing, which really adds some intrigue to that match, but @RX_Sith can specify whatever.

19. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    @KenKenobi do you have breakdowns?
    @DarthIntegral out of sheer curiosity, has the Sith Meditation Sphere known as Ship ever been drafted (is it even available to be drafted)?

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    IIRC it was drafted once, and yes - at least for this draft, it was eligible. I even specifically called it out here:

Damn you all for nobody having the courage to draft a Purrgil!

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Are we gonna get some real arguments on these crucial matches? or are you okay just leaving your fates in our hands?

22. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    @DarthIntegral I guess you can judge already? Honestly, I'm just interested in the breakdowns by this point.

23. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Exactly.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    [​IMG]

25. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    I'm back home but will prioritize this round over breakdowns for now.

And yes, more args-- or even just address some of the questions I posted-- or I'm shooting from the hip.

Admittedly I posted those questions while kinda drunk

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021