main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The First (Only?) SWC Triple Threat Mini Draft

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthIntegral, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    And to end the Jedi drafting off I’m going with... And literally deciding as I type this...

1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Mace Windu
    3. Anakin Skywalker
    4. Count Dooku

Ahsoka was my back up choice. Would’ve loved her on my team.

BookExogorth likes this.
  2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Round 1

1. Jordan1Kenobi - T3h Luke
    2. clone commander bossk - Darth Vader
    3. RX_Sith - Yoda
    4. SithOverlord101 - Darth Sidious

Round 2

1. SO101 - Emperor Vitiate
    2. Rexy - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    3. ccb - Galen Marek [Book/Comics]
    4. J1K - Mace Windu

Round 3

1. Jordan - Anakin Skywalker
    2. bossk - Satele Shan
    3. Rx - Jaina Fel Skywlaker Solo Kenobi
    4. Overlord - Jacen Solo

Round 4

1. Ovie - Darth Krayt
    2. R-to-the-izz-ex - Kyle Katarn
    3. clocombo - Revan
    4. KENOBI! - Count Dooku

@KenKenobi @Point Given @heels1785 - wanna give grades/thoughts/breakdowns?

@Jordan1Kenobi @clone commander bossk @RX_Sith @SithOverlord101 - you have about 24 hours to do any add/drops to your team and submit numbers.

First round matchups

Jordan vs bossk
    Rx vs Overlord

All GMs still have all three preps available. (Remember, you get three total in the draft - Jedi, Muggle, and Starfighter combined)

3. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Oh you best believe we breaking it down

PS suddenly realizing how intense these matchups/args could be and am jealous I'm not playing lmao

Breakdownz

@Jordan1Kenobi-- Luke, Mace, Anakin, Dooku

Great shot kid: lol c'mon

Don't get cocky: Feels like you felt obligated to take Dooku b/c he dropped. But with the high talent pool potentially making for several 2-2 ties, he could be a distraction in close team battles for Anakin (who doesn't have Kenobi to assuage his anger) and a Mace Windu who has dreams of murdering him in cold blood.

@RX_Sith-- Yoda, Kenobi, Jaina, Kyle

Great shot kid: Was there a chance I wasn't gonna say Kenobi? :p You kept him from Jordan and created arguably the best top 2.

Don't get cocky: I think Kyle tends to get overrated (his best victory is...Desann? Valley Jerec?) and there were a couple of better picks (Revan especially after TOR, a few still in FA). But maybe you can boost him with a trump or kitchen sink prep-- though those are precious commodities across all 3 portions.

@clone commander bossk -- Vader, Starkiller, Satele, Revan

Great shot kid: Vader doesn't drop to the 2nd round! And you could probably argue up Revan against some of these other guys if you're into making arguments for your peeps, which is generally how you win matches in this game.

Don't get cocky: Satele was a huge reach given this talent pool, though not as devastating as she may seem team-wise given her late stage relationship with Darth Marr (note: if the matches of your 4 peeps vs. your opponent's are tied 2-2, we break the tie by pitting all of your team members together in a giant battle-- where your squad's ability to work together comes into play). Luckily there are a couple options in FA just screaming for you to pick up.

@SithOverlord101-- Sids, Sithperor, Jacen, Krayt

Great shot kid: Jacen could conceivably be the steal of this portion, though not knowing his stuff could cap that ceiling. I like that you included Krayt in this group, had a monster arg for him ready for the Jedi Draft that I didn't get to use. :(

Don't get cocky: I'm not as high on Sithperor, particularly given the group of insane duelists drafted here vs. his relative lack of bladework-- and the fact that elite Force-user fights tend to be duels vs. pure power showings.

4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Going to drop Kyle Katarn and pick up Darth Bane

5. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Yeesh. Pretty damn good, ya'll. I mean, even the team that perhaps suffers from a bit of rookie-GM-itis is a phenomenal one, all things considered. That's still a team that would be crazy scary as a top four were this a normal Jedi Draft. Usually you're worried about those rookies that wanna draft that killer Yaddle/Poof combo in the first two rounds. Not this time.

That said... to varying degrees, I still want to sit each of you down and just... shake ya. Shake ya just a little bit. It'd be for your own good.

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I wouldn’t be surprised if I woke up tomorrow and swapped Dooku for Ahsoka. But he’s just so damn good!

clone commander bossk likes this.
  7. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    Agreed with your evaluation of Jordan's team (although Mace might be willing to set aside his feud with Dooku). And my relative lack of knowledge on Jacen can be compensated by arguments from previous drafts and the glory of ComicVine respect threads.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  8. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I'm going to drop Satele Shan for Darth Malak

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I will go to my grave believing that had you played, we would have seen Obi-Wan TRUMP Anakin vs. Luke.

10. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah I’m gonna keep Dooku. I feel like I could argue him well in an all Jedi team, as he’s smart enough to set his differences aside. He’s worked with Obi-Wan and Anakin before, and even offered them to join him to help kill his master. Whereas if it were someone like Vader or Palpatine, then it just isn’t going to work.

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Let's get numbers in!

12. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    [​IMG]

I would like to see the matches now :p

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  13. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Dooku’s not as much the problem though as much as how people will respond to him. Personally I can’t see even emotionally peak Anakin Skywalker willing to listen to anything Dooku would say or look out for him at all.

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  14. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
  15. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Ok to be fair the me of 13 minutes ago completely forgot about that clone wars ep... my bad on that one lol. As I recall Anakin was still raring to get at him and like Kenneth Q mentioned, the lack of Kenobi will exacerbate this. I had completely forgotten about that ep though, so, what do I know. :p

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  16. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Try to cross-reference w/ source material where you can-- I have epubs from my time as a bookseller, and that offer to is everyone!)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'll just say this, because your numbers are in and thus your team is locked ...

Peak Dooku is going to have his last living memory be that of Skywalker LITERALLY taking his head off.

It's not that they won't work together, it's not that he'll turn on him in the middle of combat (that's against the rules) ... It's that if you're in a situation where the margins matter, it could bite you, because it really is negative cohesion in both directions

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  19. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Sorry, what are numbers?

20. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
  21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    They determine who fights who. Long explanation from the OP
    send them to me in a private message

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    The Call Order is ... 4, 2, 1, 3

@Jordan1Kenobi vs. @clone commander bossk

Anakin Skywalker vs. Darth Malak (Prepared)
    Count Dooku vs. Galen Marek TRUMPED with Darth Vader
    Mace Windu vs. Revan
    Luke Skywalker vs.Darth Vader (forfeit)

@RX_Sith vs. @SithOverlord101

Yoda vs. Jacen Solo
    Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Sidious
    Darth Bane vs. Darth Krayt
    Jaina Fel Solo Skywalker Palpatine Tarkin -D2 vs. Emperor Vitaite

Tagging judges as well - @Point Given @KenKenobi @heels1785

23. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Took me a bit to figure out what kind of crazy trumping strategy this was :p

24. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    That Bane-Krayt match will probably come down to which of the two succeeds in Essence Transfer. I'll type an argument for it Tuesday and an argument for the Jaina - Vitiate matchup Thursday. As for the two other matches:
    I'm going to concede the Jacen Solo - Yoda duel. As good as Jacen is, I don't see him being able to draw Darth Sidious as Yoda did. On Kenobi - Sidious, I'll just let this passage from the ROTS Novel below spell out my argument: (Italics is book text):

Obi-Wan nodded, but he still couldn't meet the gaze of the ancient Master. "I'll take Palpatine."
    "Strong enough to face Lord Sidious, you will never be. Die you will, and painfully."
    (ROTS Novel Page 408)

This is Obi-Wan in his prime talking about fighting ROTS Sidious -- if he would be slaughtered by ROTS Sidious, how badly would he lose to DE Sidious/ROS Sidious? I'd say that he'd lose quite badly. Kenobi's very good, but Sidious, Yoda, and GM Luke are in another league.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  25. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Mace vs. Revan hoo buddy

This kind of draft would've broken the boards in 2005

[​IMG]