main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The First (Only?) SWC Triple Threat Mini Draft

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthIntegral, Nov 25, 2020.

1. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    You're going to concede the most hype match in the round???????? Like bruh

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Let’s start from the easiest to the toughest.

Anakin vs. Malak (prep)
    Skywalker is just on another level. I could count the amount of people able to rival him in lightsaber combat on one hand. By the time Anakin reached his peak, even Dooku became outmatched and Ventress was made to look like an amateur. Preparation isn’t going to improve Malak’s chances by much here.

Windu vs. Revan
    This match is much, much closer. Mace Windu was arguably the Jedi Order’s greatest swordsman, and one of the most physically superior as well. With a brutal attacking force and an unbreakable defence, even the mighty Darth Sidious struggled to overpower him and was arguably eventually overwhelmed. No matter how fast or how acrobatic Sidious was, he just couldn’t find an opening in Mace’s Vapaad form to gain the upper hand. This form is great to use against darksiders, so should work a charm here. So unless Revan is the god of all duellists, I can’t see him beating Mace in combat, which is most likely what it will come down to.

Revan might have the edge with the Force, but Force powers won’t help much here either, as once they’re engaged in lightsaber combat, there isn’t going to be much of a chance for the Force to be used. Even if Revan does unleash all hell and fury, Mace does have the strength to hold it off, as seen with his duel against Sidious. His unbreakable defence was so solid that the non-stop blast of Sith lightning did nothing more than slightly stagger him. This is seen once again during his confrontation with the powerful witch, Talzin. This was someone who Sidious considered a threat, yet Mace was able to hold off and counter all of her attacks.

To put it in basic points: Mace has the upper hand in lightsaber combat, as a master of Vaapad. He’s physically strong, with an unbreakable defence. He’s been able to defend himself against every Force power that’s been thrown at him.

Dooku vs. Vader and Starkiller
    Ok, this match is pretty crazy. I’m not sure if Dooku could do it, but I’m going to argue for him because I truly believe he has a chance. In a 1v1 against Starkiller, yes Dooku would win. He has the experience and the skill that this young man lacks. 1v1 against Vader on the other hand could go either way. I believe Dooku has the superior lightsaber skills to Vader, with his more refined and acrobatic fighting style, compared to Vader who relies a lot on brute force. Dooku is also faster than most opponents while Vader is slower, which does put him at a disadvantage when facing someone on a similar skill level. Ahsoka (another incredibly acrobatic opponent) was able to slice his mask open before he could stop her, for example. Anakin’s defeat at the hands of Obi-Wan came at a large cost.

Dooku has never had an issue taking on multiple impressive opponents at once. Look at Obi-Wan and Anakin. How many times did he kick their butts together? I’ve lost count. Together Obi-Wan and Anakin are one of the greatest trumps possible, yet Dooku never had a problem with them until Anakin reached his peak (which is superior to Vader and Galen). Using a combination of lightsaber combat and Force powers, Dooku becomes one of the scariest opponents to face. As seen above Coruscant, when he removes Obi-Wan from the equation as soon as possible with the Force so he can focus on the superior opponent. I can see him doing something similar to Galen. See below for one of the best duelling examples, where he even uses some physical combat to gain a bigger advantage.

One element all three of them are pretty equal in is Force power. As said during his confrontation with Yoda, they can’t decide the contest with the Force, as the two of them rival each other. Rivalling Yoda in any shape or form is definitely worth bragging about. However, out of the three of them, Dooku is the one who is most impressive and resourceful with the Force. Dooku is someone who’s able to skilfully fight with a lightsaber and unleash a barrage of Force power simultaneously. Take a look at his confrontation with Ventress and Savage where he constantly uses every tool at his disposal effortlessly to always have the upper hand. Even when disarmed he’s able to stay on top.

Now what’s Vader’s main weakness? Force lightning. Oh dear... And what does Galen also have that Dooku could easily deflect? Force lightning.

You know what? As I’ve been typing this and watching back some of his duels, I’ve convinced myself that Dooku definitely could win this. If it were Anakin instead of Vader, then it’d go differently, but Vader just has too many weakness that are perfect for Dooku to exploit.

3. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    @KenKenobi, I guess I'll write up an argument for Jacen either Thursday or Friday.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Oh, hey, I realized I forgot to give us a location for these battles.

All matches this round will take place on Lothal, at the Imperial Complex:

[​IMG]

5. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019

Anakin vs. Malak (prep)

Well, first thing first malak was able to rise to the position of dark lord of the sith which would've needed much prowess in the force and lightsaber combat. He was also able to take the life force from weakened enemies and use it to regenerate himself. He was also close to defeating Revan. But hinestly I don't think he stands much of a chance.

Windu vs. Revan

Revan here was also able to become dark lord of the sith, and the most powerful jedi of his era, so that definitely says something. He also was one of the most learned force wielders in history, which meant he was always learning new force powers. To quote wookiepedia ''Following his redemption, Revan was stronger than ever before, now having a unique understanding of the Force. His mastery allowed himself to open up to both sides of the Force simultaneously, summoning such power that he could then unleash the Force in its purest form.''
    He could also make enormous force storms creating tornadoes of sith lightning. He was also a master of telekinesis force shields and more, and he wasn't too shabby with a lightsaber either. I just don't think Mace could handle this.

First of all Vader was Palpatine's prize apprentice who replaced Dooku. Also this is Vader we're talking about he has defeated a clone of darth maul, several jedi masters at once and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Starkiller defeated Vader pulled a STAR DESTROYER out of the sky, and vaporized stormtroopers with pure rage. He also survived a stab directly through the stomach and the vacuum of space. He was also crazy good with telekinesis crushing AT-STs.

Dooku in my opinion doesn't stand a chance.

KenKenobi likes this.
  6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    @clone commander bossk - answer these two questions and help your arguments:

1) Why did you put prep on Malak? 2) What is he going to get with prep?

@SithOverlord101 - c'mon. You've got to argue Yoda vs. Jacen. Especially with who is judging, there's never been a better time to try to put Jacen over Yoda. Especially when Yoda is getting hit up for child support payments by Mando.

7. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    1) I think he's going into this as the underdog. 2) A cortosis chestplate

DarkEagle likes this.
  8. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    There's a really good argument someone made last draft that specifically dealt with Yoda [face_whistling]

KenKenobi likes this.
  9. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'll break a few of your points down. You may be able to elaborate on them further.

Anakin was supposed to replace Dooku, not Vader. Anakin 100% would have become the superior apprentice, however Palpatine didn't count on him getting severely injured on day one, which instantly stopped him from ever reaching his full potential. He lost his speed, his flexibility, and his resistance to Force powers like lightning. Dooku would have been the better apprentice to keep at this rate.

Vader has more impressive dueling feats than these. E.g. Ahsoka Tano. But going by your list - Cloned Maul isn't original Maul. A group of average Jedi aren't great opponents. And Obi-Wan was old and accepted his fate.
    Dooku on the other hand has faced practically everyone, and beaten most of them. Even when they're in teams. Yoda, Windu, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ventress, Savage, Quinlan, Bulq, etc. The list goes on. His dueling feats are endless, and there's only a couple of instances where he doesn't succeed.
    While all very impressive Force feats, they won't exactly help him here in a close-quarters duel. Dooku isn't a star destroyer, he's an opponent who moves at the blink of an eye, as graceful as a ballerina yet as ferocious as a rancor. Vader was slow and susceptible to Galen's lightning, which definitely helped him gain the victory. Galen hasn't exactly faced anyone like Dooku before.
    I can see Vader and Galen getting in each other's way more than being a cohesive trump. They've never taken on opponents together, plus Vader only likes working alone. As one of the most strategic Sith Lords there's ever been, Dooku will use his patience and look for weaknesses in the pair to exploit. Like I mentioned in my previous post for example, Dooku could use Galen's own lightning against Vader. Galen has never been one to hold back. He's more of the 'rush in with guns blazing' type of guy, and I really think that's going to put the pair at a disadvantage.

10. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    Okay, regarding Krayt vs. Bane:

First off, this duel would be excellent if narrated by @KenKenobi during his breakdowns (completely opposite philosophies on the Sith Order should make this match quite brutal), but that's irrelevant to my argument.

Darth Bane really only has five legitimate fights to his name (excluding early Sith duels).
    • Win over Kas'im due to force supremacy (Bane was losing the lightsaber duel portion)
    • Win (with Zannah) over Jedi Strike team of Farfalla [worthless], Serro Xaj, Raskta Lsu, Johun Othane [worse than worthless], and Worrar Dowmat [provided battle meditation, not involved in fighting] {Bane is greviously injured}
    • Loses in ambush by mercenaries led by force-sensitive assassin [does take down most of the mercenaries]
    • Draw with Zannah on Doan
    • Loses to Zannah on Ambria (winning lightsaber portion, but loses due to Zannah's sith sorcery}
    That's a 2-2-1 record with his best win over a team with only two legitimate duelists while having help and still barely escaping alive.

Now let's talk about Krayt:
    • Win over Aurra Sing [As Hett]
    • Loss to Kenobi [A loss by Kenobi would have left Luke Skywalker defenseless]
    • Loss in ambush by Vong
    • Slaughters full ship of Vong
    • Disarms random Jedi
    • Win (with Luke Skywalker) over Abeloth (I'd say that it was 60% Luke and 40% Krayt]
    • Blitzes four featless Imperial Knights + 1 Knight whose only feat is force pushing a Moff into a wall.
    • Beats enraged Cade Skywalker (Early Legacy) easily
    • Basically draws massive strike team with help before being stabbed in the back while engaged in a duel.
    • Beats prepped Darth Wyyrlok III
    • Stomps Cade Skywalker {Legacy War) -- dies due to PIS
    That's a record of 8-2-1 with two wins over Cade and a win over Abeloth (abit with help via the top overall pick of this draft, but it's ABELOTH}
    I'd say two easy wins over a third-round talent along with a important part in beating the prime body of a character who is too powerful to be drafted in the Jedi Draft is a far better resume than what Bane has. Krayt's only loss to a force-sensitive is to Kenobi, who is a top-ten pick in the Jedi Draft most years, while Bane's loss is to Zannah, who at best is a third-round pick. Great fight, but Krayt wins this match solidly.

11. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019

I don't think so, Vader is Vader. He's survived being crushed by an AT-DP, kills all of the jedi in the temple, defeated an entire army of rebels, a gigantic monster in the dark visions comic and defeated Palpatine, although he was distracted at the time. I don't think Dooku can win, after all Vader did defeat him as a jedi when he wasn't nearly as powerful as he is now.

You're definitely right about him being a guns blazing kinda guy, but he is an accomplished duelist he has defeated jedi council member Shaak Ti and Kazdan Paratus.

Combined i think there's almost no chance Dooku can win.

KenKenobi likes this.
  12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I would argue that Dooku would be at a disadvantage against Vader 1 v 1 because of the brute force. He was overwhelmed by Anakin's pure power in both the movie and the novelization, and Vader is stronger (though as you said, slower)

13. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Can anyone jump in and argue any of these? I'd hate to be rude if anyone has objections. (Of course this assumes that I have time to :( )

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I welcome arguments to come in from the peanut gallery

15. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    @BookExogorth I'll gladly accept the peanut gallery's help with my arguments today and tomorrow.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  16. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    I don't have a problem with it.

17. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    To my knowledge, Jaina's best solo win is against a one-armed Darth Caedus; Vitiate's best win was against the entire planet of Ziost. Jaina has the lightsaber advantage, but Vitiate is decent enough with a saber to force this fight into a duel of force powers -- which he wins handedly. If Vitiate can beat Anakin Skywalker in a previous draft (prior to the KOTFE expansion). then I feel like the Sith Emperor can beat Jaina, who I see as Anakin's slight inferior.

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Can we finish arguments over the weekend and judge Monday?

19. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    Fine with me -- I've still got stuff to research on Jacen.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  20. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    I don't have a problem with that.

21. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    I think our esteemed judge @KenKenobi has a better argument against Yoda in the Yoda - Kenobi duel that occurred last draft than I can make on my own. I'll write up an argument for Jacen tomorrow morning. Now, I'm going to finish watching the entirety of the 2003 Clone Wars on Youtube.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    KenKenobi likes this.
  22. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Had a busy week but I'll pore over these tmrw with no college football to really care about. [tear]

In general I wouldn't rely on older decisions to hold too much heavy lifting given how rapidly judges/context/content changes.

Also pretty sure I voted Anakin over Sithperor in the match you're referring to... [face_whistling]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    All I'm saying is that the KOTFE expansion has added even more to Sithperor than he had during that draft -- and Jaina didn't really gain anything afterwards iirc. Thus, with Jaina being slightly inferior to Anakin in my own analysis, Sithperor should beat her.

Oh, and the college football slate sucks today -- only two interesting games for me to watch (one involving my mom's alumni mater and the other being Army-Navy).

24. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    Now, for the Jacen Solo argument:

Let's talk about Jacen Solo -- he has a pretty good resume:
    • Led and survived Mission to Mykkr
    • Helped GM Luke storm Shimmira's Citadel
    • Beat Onimi
    • Kills a prepped Mara Jade Skywalker (actually really a draw)
    • Beats Jedi Strike team that includes Kyle Katarn
    • Duels GM Luke to a near-draw before being stabbed in the back with a vibroblade by Ben Skywalker
    • Beats Jaina Solo (loses one arm)
    • Almost beats Jaina Solo again in spite of having one arm and being stabbed in the abdomen prior to the duel.
    Pretty impressive, right.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    watch the football game in Columbus with a title on the line and the Ohio-based team playing against a team from a state that borders Canada and has an insufferable fan base.

If you squint, it's almost The Game

KenKenobi and SithOverlord101 like this.