main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The First (Only?) SWC Triple Threat Mini Draft

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthIntegral, Nov 25, 2020.

1. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    This draft jfc. Args on all?

In related news, my gf trolled my incessant posting in the last one with this gift today...

[​IMG]

Which is actually amazing. It has sideplates lmao

Do I have to mail it to the next person who wins

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    What a bunch of amazing matches. I’ll definitely be making some arguments. Hopefully over the next two days.

4. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    Jordan, you have two awesome matches (Windu - Kenobi and Luke - Yoda) while I only have one awesome match in Jacen - Vader. Anyways, I'll throw up an argument for the two easiest matches today.
    • Easiest Match: Krayt vs. Malak:
    Remember my argument against Darth Bane? Because Darth Bane has a FAR better resume than Malak does. Let's talk about Malak's resume:
    • Alongside post-MW Revan, gets mind-stomped by pre-Revan novel Vitiate.
    • Gets his jaw cut off against Darth Revan
    • Holds off Mid-KOTOR Revan
    • Beats Bastilla Shan
    • Gets his ass kicked by KOTOR Revan at end of game
    That's a 1-3-1 record with the lone win coming against Bastilla Shan -- who's a 9th-round pick in most Jedi Drafts these days.

To me, I see KOTOR Revan as below Prime Revan on the same level that Early-Legacy Krayt is to Reborn Krayt. And I consider Prime Revan to be slightly below Reborn Krayt. Honestly, Malak's resume is pathetic and there are many better picks still left out there. Krayt obliterates Malak harder than he stomped on Cade at the end of Legacy: War.

• Second Easiest Match: Sidious vs. Starkiller:
    Remember the DS ending to TFU I in which Palpatine stomped on Marek? Even disregarding that ending and giving Marek the most generous depiction of his duel against TFU Palpatine, he ends up with a draw (and Palpatine was almost certainly holding back somewhat). If he can only at best earn a draw against TFU Palpatine, DE Palpatine, who is clearly TFU Palpatine's superior (and add the feats of TROS Palpatine as well) easily beats up on Marek.

In an unrelated side note, Obi-Wan beats Rey easier than DE Palpatine beats Yoda IMO @KenKenobi.

I'll get an argument up for Vitiate - Revan later today, although I think that the end result is pretty clear.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    KenKenobi likes this.
  5. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    I would hope Kenobi > Rey isn't still a hot issue :p

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Maybe in the Star Wars Mechanics and Fixing **** Draft! (Coming in 2022)

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  7. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Jaina beats over Dooku
    Anakin beats Bane
    Luke beats Yoda
    Obi-Wan beats Mace

Sounds like teams to me.

8. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    Now, regarding Revan - Sithperor Round 3:

First off, Sithperor already beat Revan twice in-universe (post-MW and in Revan novel). So now we need to figure out how much each improved from these showings to their peaks in KOTFE/Ziost and SOR, respectively. And if we go by the in-universe quotes, Revan just doesn’t have enough to beat Vitiate. I’m pretty sure Darth Marr said something to that effect.

If Revan couldn’t get close enough to engage Sithperor in a saber duel during the first two times they fought, I don’t see him getting close enough for a saber duel this time around. So this battle ends up becoming a Force contest, and Vitiate overwhelms the Prodigal Knight.

9. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Not so fast there, I’m confident Windu would take Obi-Wan. Yoda straight up told him that he’d die if he faced Sidious, yet Windu went equal with him and arguably overpowered him. Kenobi once stated Kit Fisto to be a superior duellist to him, yet look how fast he got taken out by Palps. There’s no way he could’ve managed what Mace did.

Windu’s a more skilled, stronger, faster, and aggressive duellist. Obi-Wan has never actually beaten anyone we’d consider a ‘round 1 opponent’, besides Anakin, and that’s only because he spent years training him. Kenobi’s always been really outclassed by Dooku, who is slightly less superior to Mace. I really don’t see it. Not sold at all that Kenobi could take Yoda or Windu, the Order’s best duellists.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  10. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    I mean if you're taking statements like that at face value, Windu also straight up tells Kenobi he's better in RotS. :p

@SithOverlord101 In Revan (the novel), Revan (the guy) had just been released from like years of being drugged and tortured in prison while Sithperor was chilling on a Dark Side-amped planet prepped. At Revan's absolute peak and a neutral site, do you still think it's as simple as Sithperor lighting him up or what's the play?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    We can't trust Yoda's word. He withheld information from a highly impressionable teenager, solely to get his help to overthrow the government - something he desired due to a difference in religion.

Just like we can't trust Kenobi's word, seeing as he's a liar and a drunkard.

KenKenobi likes this.
  12. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    @KenKenobi, that is true, which is why I think that this match is not as much of a slaughter as their two in-universe fights were. That said, Sithperor wasn't at his absolute peak then either and has knowledge of what occurred during both previous fights as well, and the improvement that Revan gets from being in peak condition on a neutral site is not large enough to overcome the sizable gulf that was between the two in their in-universe fights on Drumund Kaas. It's not like Revan spent those 300 years in Vitiate's captivity doing anything physical such as dueling, which Vitiate probably did. I see KOTFE Vitiate/Valkorian as having a large edge over Novel Vitiate than Foundry/SOR Revan has over Revan Reborn.

As Darth Marr said in SOR, "The Emperor will prove far too powerful for Revan, or anyone else." And while the "anyone else" is not fully applicable in this drafts given the titans such as Luke and Yoda (just to name the most obvious), the rest of the quote fully applies here. Vitiate's not going to try to mess with Revan's mind at the opening -- both are going for the kill here and Revan is alone without any backup to distract Vitiate. The first thing Sithperor's going to do in this fight is probably chuck around some lightning.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  13. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Emperor Jacen vs. Darth Vader

Allright, I know almost nothing about Darth Caedus so here goes.

I have to say this Vader is Vader. I don't know how powerful or what Caedus's fighting style is, but Vader has defeated Sith Jedi and almost everything inbetween. I imagine after a while vader would catch him off guard and get through his defences, or kill him with a good old force choke.

But then again, I know next to nothing about Cadeus.

Emperor Krayt vs. Darth Malak

Yeah, Malak doesn't stand a chance.

Emperor Vitiate vs Darth Revan

We already have a IU ending to this, so I forfeit.

Emperor Palpatine vs. Darth Starkiller

We already have a IU ending to this, so I forfeit.

14. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    Okay, time to talk the Grandson/Grandpa matchup: (I assume this is suited Vader, but if it is not, I'll type up an argument against unsuited Vader later):

First off, this fight is probably worth viewing on ESPN, as it will be brutal and emotion-packed.

Anyways, Caedus wins this for a couple reasons:
    • Reason 1: Speed:
      • Caedus is faster than suited Vader, and will probably end up turning this fight into an all-out brawl rather than a pure Force contest, which favors Jacen.
    • Reason 2: Feats:
      • Vader's best win is probably against ... Old Ben Kenobi/Rebels Ahsoka/The Dark Woman/Clone Maul/ESB Luke? Honestly, none of these opponents are that impressive (either past their prime in the case of Kenobi, far from their prime in the case of Luke, or just relatively mediocre [on the scale of these draft combatants] in the cases of Ahsoka, Maul Clone, and Kuro). Caedus has slaughtered a room full of Vong in Traitor, led and survived the Mission to Mykkr, helped kill a total of fifteen Vong Slayers alongside his uncle and sister, stomped Onimi, killed a prepped Mara Jade Skywalker (actually really a draw), Beat a Jedi Strike team that includes Kyle Katarn, and beats his sister in a duel in spite of him having a crushed ankle and Jaina being amped by Luke. Honestly, Jacen has slightly better feats than Vader.
      • Vader's losses are to TFU Marek, TFU II Starkiller, and an enraged ROTJ Luke -- pretty solid showings. But Jacen's defeats are more impressive:
        • Jacen loss 1: Fought GM Luke to a near-draw before being stabbed in the back with a vibroblade by Ben Skywalker
        • Jacen loss 2: Almost beats Jaina Solo again in spite of having one arm, having Jaina be amped again, and being stabbed in the abdomen prior to the duel.
    • Conclusion: This fight ends up being one of the best duels of the draft, but Jacen emerges victorious over his grandfather, although he is very heavily wounded and probably missing a limb or two by the end of the duel.

BookExogorth likes this.
  15. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

--

As for Dooku and Jaina, yes it would be a good duel, but Dooku has far and away more experience and a resume longer than Yoda's lifespan. An impressive resume in which he overpowers almost every single opponent. From what I recall only Yoda and peak Anakin have beaten him, who are both above Jaina. Even peak Obi-Wan couldn't do it. You'd think his old age would slow him down, but he's arguably the fastest contestant in the draft behind Palpatine and Yoda, and I just don't think Jaina would be able to keep up. Add in his Force powers and she's a goner.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  16. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Dooks is underrated a lot, in my experience. His big loss against Anakin is due almost entirely to underestimating him and Anakin just being RAW POWAH that overwhelmed the Count. Makashi is a style that doesn't like getting hit a lot when you're running out of energy to block.

this is my annual comment on one of these threads, slides out the door

( :p )

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    My largest question in Vader vs his original grandson comes down to emotion.

Caedus is likely to try to get under his skin/suit, and try to throw him off, similar to how he did when he killed Mara Jade. He doesn't need prep to know what's gonna work on Vader - just put up his grandma's face.

But ... What happens from there? Does Jacen unleash a beast he isn't prepared to deal with, as emotionally unstable Vader just cuts through him with ruthless efficiency? Or does Vader, in his high emotion, become too reckless, giving not-Ben am opening?

18. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    I feel that the second option happens in this fight.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    BookExogorth likes this.
  20. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Very good point, I think this has happened in the past and Vader has teared through his opponent.

21. SithOverlord101

Sep 1, 2018
    But the opposite scenario has occurred in the past as well.

22. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
  23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I'll have judgements up on Wednesday

25. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    @DarthIntegral: Dumb question, but is there a location for these? Honestly looking for any minor thing that can sway some of these lol

Also wanna give Pointy time to post first if he's written his up already