main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga The Five People You Meet in the Force (Anakin POV on Afterlife) ~Best Drama~ FOMD Spoiler!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnakinsFavorite, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Title: The Five People You Meet in the Force
    Author: AnakinsFavorite
    Era: Post ROTJ
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker, five mystery characters (all prequels/trilogy)
    Summary: This work is based off of my favorite author Mitch Albom?s book, The Five People You Meet in Heaven. In the original book, the main character is a lonely old man who is haunted by a wound he suffered during World War Two, the loss of the love of his life, and his seemingly servitude to his father?s former job- a serviceman at an amusement park. One day, while doing his daily rounds, he saves a little girl?s life at the cost of his own. In heaven, he meets five very different people- five people who somehow impacted his life whether he knew it or not. Through the course of these five meetings, the main character gets to experience what had been lost and to know the truth behind his existence.
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or the fabulous book, The Five People You Meet in Heaven- this solely belongs to Mitch Albom. If you have not read this book yet, go out and read it or give it to a loved one for the holidays- it is sad but will bring many hugs.
    Author Notes: This is a gift for all of those who have touched my life. Thank you very much.

@};- The Beginning of the End@};-

On the day that the Empire died and justice was brought back to the Galaxy, Darth Vader, Lord of the Sith, lost his life.
    With just ten hours to live, the bitter man stepped out of bed, not knowing that each painful movement that wracked his ruined body was bringing him closer to his destiny? and the Force. Batting away the numerous medical droids that were eagerly trying to assist their master in the very activities that he?d once taken for granted, Vader prepared for his death.

Had he known that he was going to die in nine hours, Vader would have not spent the time in his shuttle to Endor musing over his mission but instead over any of the important things a man thinks of as time slowly slips away. Fate being what it was, the Sith loomed over his captain, barking orders to all who came within a short distance of him.

Two hours later and a few moments closer to his unforseen demise and rebirth, the Dark Lord was reunited with his son. Death has a way of either bringing loved ones closer or thrusting them further apart, but he committed the deepest grievance against his last remaining relation- betrayal. As the door slid shut with Luke being transported to the Emperor, Vader was left wondering how it had come to this.

Like always, the answer was the same?

Kenobi.

There were more beings who belonged on the list, but all of his energy seemed to have slipped away as he boarded his own ship, stinging with yet another regret.

She would be ashamed of me.

Three hours to live.

It was truly unnerving to watch the same process that had stolen Vader's own soul happening to his only son, but the Force granted no answers, no respite for the dark deeds which lead only into suffering. With the same fist that had nearly- killed his pregnant wife and had risen against his best friend, Vader fought his son, all the while praying that his offspring would not become like his sire.

A most miserable fate?

Only two hours remained yet death?s dour shadows were not felt, no hinting at what awaited around the invisible corner. Father battled against son, a test of not only love but also strength.

The Light was always stronger.

When but a hour remained, time seemed to sift by more quickly, testament to all that was being lost as the darkness continued its dark seduction, pretending that respite did not rest around the corner.

Then, it came- the moment of truth. It was a hour? no, a lifetime that seemed to pass by as the Sith watched the one thing he feared most happen- the loss of his son. Every inch of his destroyed body ached as the volleys of lightning consumed the boy who looked so much like his perfect mother, forever destroy

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    A stellar beginning! =D= =D= =D=

3. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    That was beautiful.

4. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    wow... ::hushed voice::

5. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I love it AF, unfortunately, I haven?t read the book but now I really want to. Great start and I?m looking forward to more so if you have a pm list then please add me to it, thanks fy friend.

6. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    I've heard of that book and now I might go check it out ;)!!

Please add me to your PM list I wanna see what happens [face_praying]!!

7. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    You already know how much I love this, right? :D And wow - what wonderful timing for a story like this with the beginning of the holiday season upon us. I am anxiously awaiting the next part. That was quite an evil cliffie, you know?

As tradition dictates, I simply must be at the top of the PM list for this one. ;) Way to go! I am so proud of you and the easy way you balance all of your fics! I only have one going and I go WEEKS in between posts!! Yikes!

Great job, my dear!

8. queenberuthiel

queenberuthiel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2005
    I must admit that I have never read Five People You Meet in Heaven. *Shields self from angry glare*
    Beautiful, my master. I only hope that one day I am a great a writer as you are. May I be added to the PM list?

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! Incredible! :eek:

On the day that the Empire died and justice was brought back to the Galaxy, Darth Vader, Lord of the Sith, lost his life.

With just ten hours to live, the bitter man stepped out of bed, not knowing that each painful movement that wracked his ruined body was bringing him closer to his destiny? and the Force. Batting away the numerous medical droids that were eagerly trying to assist their master in the very activities that he?d once taken for granted, Vader prepared for his death.

Had he known that he was going to die in nine hours, Vader would have not spent the time in his shuttle to Endor musing over his mission but instead over any of the important things a man thinks of as time slowly slips away. Fate being what it was, the Sith loomed over his captain, barking orders to all who came within a short distance of him.

Loved it! =D= Please PM when you update.

10. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Absolutely beautiful beginning, I can't wait to read the rest. Please put me on your PM list.

11. Cael-Fenton

Cael-Fenton Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2006
    Wonderful start! :) I too read and enjoyed The Five People You Meet In Heaven, and I think this story is a poignant tribute to both SW and Mitch Albom's book.

Could I please have a PM when this is updated?

12. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    You write such wonderful fics!!

Please add me to your PM!!!!

13. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Oh so sweet, I was close to crying a couple of times. Please add me to your PM list @};-

14. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    A wonderful beggining! Please PM me when you update!

15. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

Wow, I wasn't expecting such a great turnout from all of you wondeful readers! [face_blush] Thank you very much!

Thank you! I got bitten late Sunday night and was scribbling down ideas instead of sleeping so, if I get cranky, forgive me :p

Thank you! [:D] I decided to move away from the horror stuff for a little!

I'm glad you enjoyed this little inspiration! @};-

Honestly, go to the nearest bookstore and get it- it costs only fourteen dollars hardback (don't know about paper). It is an awsome book. My mum had me read it before I could touch Half Blood Prince (I was very distraught!) but got excited trying to figure out the mystery behind each guest! At the end, I totally broke down crying, ran upstairs, and cried on my mum's shoulders. It's one of those books that can really change how you view life. I will definetly add you to my list ;)

I've only cried when reading three times: Eric (about a guy who suffered from leukemia (sp), this book (I cry every time), and Gone With the Wind. I will absolutely add you to my list! :)

I was in the mood for a holiday-ish piece (it really isn't but creates that fuzzy feeling). I intend to slam you all with cliffies [face_devil] like the ones I had to endure in the book! I actually gasped aloud while reading it... every page! Oh, and I suppoe you can be at the top of the list :rolleyes: ;) You know how stressed I am, though- this is very hard to balance!

Well, considering the fact that I procrastinated- and in truth didn't want- to read it, I really can't say much here [face_liarliar] :p . GO READ IT! Don't worry- I have high hopes for you! I'll add you to my list!

16. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Mmmm.... a wonderful Anakin afterlife story is taking shape. I can't wait for more! I hope he gets to meet Padme and Obi-Wan too... and maybe Bail. *excited* Much =D=, AF! Please pm me.

17. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Last Reply:

Well, you all know how I can be when it comes to angst :p so expect plenty of it! You shall have to wait (patiently [face_mischief] ) to see who the others are! I've already added you to my list!

@};- The First Person@};-

Looking at him in a tender and loving way that any mother is capable of, Shmi Skywalker pressed her shaking hands against her face as if unable to believe this reuniting.

Years of suffering caused the man to stumble across the floor but, when he finally reached his mother, the Chosen One fell to his knees and buried his face into the folds of her familiar but worn dress. *Mother* Suddenly, Anakin realized that no words left his lips and, upon trying again, was met with failure. Why could he not speak during this one moment which was dearer to him than all else?

Patiently, she stroked his blond locks, tears also coursing down her face. ?My son??

*I failed you?*

?You failed only your self- I am proud of you.?

*And Luke- did he make it? Is he alright?*

A soft but sorrowful laugh filled the chambers as Shmi pulled herself away from her son and sat down on the bed to scrutinize him. ?That is not my answer to give.?

*I need to know*

?There is much for you to learn, but all shall be answered when you are ready,? she whispered, reaching out to momentarily hold his hand.

*Where am I?* Anakin asked, his thick brows furrowing in confusion, still softly crying at the contact that he?d long missed.

?Have you not guessed already??

Looking about at the black walks and floor, a choke caught in his throat as he realized where he was. *The only place I deserve?* It was true, but hard to understand.

?Have you truly forgotten how forgiving the Force can be?? Shmi asked with all the patience of a mother, her large orbs gazing up at him. ?Even the greatest criminals and betrayers can enter if they are truly penitent.? Her cheeks went a faint pink as she realized that Anakin was indeed the worst of those two.

*I do? not deserve? forgiveness*

?Yes you do!? came the stubborn reply. ?Stop lying to yourself, Anakin Skywalker! You have been offered a great gift- the opportunity to understand yourself and the Force about you.?

*I?ve seen enough*

?There are to be four more after me,? Shmi continued on as if she didn?t hear him.

*Who?*

?That has been chosen by the Force. As I said, there shall be four more people- all ones that you know- that can help you understand the man you truly are.?

*I really don?t want to see anyone? are you sure you can?t tell me?*

A sad look was his only reply. ?In a minute, you won?t be able to see me any longer, but I shall be with you- I always have been.? Slowly, she reached up to cup Anakin?s cheek. ?Your sufferings shall be my sufferings.?

*Please, you must tell me about Luke* he begged desperately. *I?*

?It is drawing closer for me to leave,? Shmi said softly, smiling gently at his returning ability to speak before hugging his lean body. ?Know that I am proud of you.?

The presence in his arms slowly melted away into nothingness, leaving Anakin alone once more. ?P? please??

No reply was given, but the Chosen One suddenly felt himself jerked off his feet as colors began to swirl around him and the familiar abode began to disappear.

After what felt like minutes later, Anakin found himself lying on the floor, clutching at his head as nausea kept rising.

Was that grass beneath him?

Gasping, the former Jedi bolted upright into a sitting position only to find himself in a place very familiar?

The Room of a Thousand Fountains.

The last time he?d seen that room, it had been stained with blood and a corpse had floated

18. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Yes, the Force is forgiving, and yes, Anakin, Shmi would think that first. I'm so glad she was there to explain what was happening to him. And is this Obi-Wan? Or Mace? I can't wait to find out! Much =D=. Can't wait for more!

19. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    You're incredible!!!!! LOL

Here we are having this discussion, and you're replying and updating your fic seamlessly!!!

I like how you wrote this, especially after our little round robin episode!!

20. queenberuthiel

queenberuthiel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2005
    How sad that Anakin only got a couple of minutes with his mother. Is the mysterious person Qui-Gon? He was the coolest Jedi ever. I don't see why George Lucas killed him off.
    Very intreging update, Master. Thanks for the PM.

21. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Recognition dawned in Anakin?s eyes as he heard a voice that the man could honestly wish would never be heard again.

There are so many possibilities on who this could be. I can't wait to find out. Great chapter.

22. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    =D= Fantastic. I'm itching to know who the mysterious Jedi is.

Can I be on the PM List?

23. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Who is it????!! Ack! You weren't kidding about the cliffies! [face_skull] [face_frustrated] :p

I really loved the reunion between Shmi and Anakin, Padawan. [face_love] That was so touching, I had tears in my eyes! It had to have been so hard for Anakin to let her go again - but he did and that gives me hope.

I can only imagine how our darling Ani will handle being in the Room of a Thousand Fountains. How incredibly eerie that must be for him!! But he has to come to grips with what he did and that makes it quite an appropriate place to start.

Thanks for the PM!

24. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Hmm, I wonder if the next Jedi is a certain Master Windu, but I?m not sure so I?ll leave it at that. This was an amazing update AF nd thanks for the pm.

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautiful! :_| Those are happy tears. :)

*Where am I?* Anakin asked, his thick brows furrowing in confusion, still softly crying at the contact that he?d long missed.

?Have you not guessed already??

Looking about at the black walks and floor, a choke caught in his throat as he realized where he was. *The only place I deserve?* It was true, but hard to understand.

?Have you truly forgotten how forgiving the Force can be?? Shmi asked with all the patience of a mother, her large orbs gazing up at him. ?Even the greatest criminals and betrayers can enter if they are truly penitent.? Her cheeks went a faint pink as she realized that Anakin was indeed the worst of those two.

*I do? not deserve? forgiveness*

?Yes you do!? came the stubborn reply. ?Stop lying to yourself, Anakin Skywalker! You have been offered a great gift- the opportunity to understand yourself and the Force about you.?

[face_love] =D=

I can't wait to see who is next. I think... [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.