main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Flash (point), a DC Film Universe (s) production

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juliet316 , Oct 27, 2021.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    lord have mercy

i suppose the discovery guy is listening to twitter

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Here, this solves the problem:

[​IMG]

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This bit stands out from the Variety article, too expensive to can, too expensive to reshoot Miller out, even too expensive to just shunt to HBOMax!

As for Miller’s future as a movie star, it’s unclear whether they will continue to perform as the Scarlet Speedster in future projects, but Warner Bros. is still committed to releasing its $200 million-budgeted tentpole “The Flash” in theaters in June 2023. According to sources with knowledge of the project, the film simply costs too much for the studio to scrap entirely and reshooting with a new actor in Miller’s role is similarly cost-prohibitive, because the actor is in virtually every scene. Also, the film likely can’t generate the revenues needed to turn a profit without a robust theatrical run, so putting the movie directly on HBO Max is also unlikely. All eyes are on Warner Bros., however, as to how it continues to navigate the choppy waters surrounding Miller. The studio already had to downplay the actor’s involvement in “Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore,” which opened in theaters in April.

4. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I will not give that person one dollar of my money.

5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I mean aren't we way beyond "not looking good?" At this point, he is at very best a person that lacks judgment in way that was more spectacular than we have perhaps ever seen. Much more likely, it seems like there is an overwhelming trail of evidence that he abuses children or at a bare minimum often does things that make their parents deeply uncomfortable. I don't think there's a lot of mystery here any longer. Either forget the film or find out a way to re-work the story so he doesn't have to appear in it.

6. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    According to reports Ezra is in practically every scene

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    See, but this is total and utter bulldinkies.

Warner already has done something like this before, with about $60 million of extra development budget being rolled into Superman Returns from Superman Lives, and then using that to sink that movie's rate-of-return... why? Because that's what Warner does -- it's, by far, the worst studio at "creative studio accounting," by which a loss on one project is rolled across the entire portfolio of everything they own (not just the studio, but TV, music, books, etc.) to pay lower taxes and screw talent out of backend deals.

EDIT:
    They, they use they/them pronouns.

And yes, I'm pretty sure I laid that out pretty explicitly?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It seems like reshooting/digitally replacing Miller in The Flash would basically involve shooting the whole dang thing twice, only way they can attempt to make a profit would be for a theatrical release. And if they reshot/replaced Miller (plus all the VFX Flash shots that are probably done/being worked on) it would probably make the budget like 450+.

9. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    This could do more harm than just lose money. The Snyderverse is practically cursed. This Flash film is going to bomb worse than Justice League. What a waste of bringing back Michael Keaton. This sounds worse than if Toby McQuire and Andrew Garfield’s big Spidey return happened in Dr. Acula, I mean Dr. Michael Mörbius.

Releasing this movie starring Miller could damage other DC / WB movies. Their shared universe already seemed scrapped. If this was the reset to get it going again…. They are poned…. Especially if more abuse and assault accusations come out about Miller.

Too bad we’re not getting Keaton in something more like The Dark Night Returns playing older Batman or a feature film version of Batman Beyond.

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm predicting now that before the year is out, #releasetheezracut will be a thing. You heard it here first, folks.

11. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Why is this thread title not “Beasts, and where to find them”?

12. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Maybe release it in some form but reshoot some final scene where Miller gets faded (its flashpoint, its not hard) and bring in Grant Gustin in a reshot final minute.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Make it interactive so that the audience can punch the **** out of the screen every time this defective human appears.

BigAl6ft6 and christophero30 like this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Look, I'd just as soon they go to jail rather than normalize violence against LGBTQ folks via static mediums... :p

15. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Violence is not the way =D=

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I agree. I had removed their orientation from the equation and was spitballing any possible justification for charging money to see this but you are correct that it would be misconstrued as violence toward a member of the community rather than the interdimensional child groomer who laughs at the authorities on IG about their ability to hide in the metaverse.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Bite the bullet WB. Take a moral stand. Burn all the footage. Probably not fair to a lot of other people though. Do we really need a Flash movie? He's fast. The end. I don't need an origin story for every single comic book character despite what Marvel is telling me. (I know this is DC)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    You think that's the only studio to do it?

19. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    This flaw was at least as fundamental as hiring a criminal. This is a dumb character. This "power" was cool before there were steam engine locomotives. IMAGINE A HORSE THAT COULD GET US TO TOWN FOR MARKET IN A FLASH.

christophero30 likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Another DC movie I wasn’t going to see anyway. Shame. But also the movie won’t make money now. Might as well scrap it.

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    No?

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    1. A horse's top speed is 55 m.p.h.. The Flash can run at the speed of light.

2. In 2014, Miller had no criminal charges before them.

All studios have such creative accounting. Peters had spent $30 million with nothing to show for it. Add in other factors and it's no wonder this happened. And right now, Discovery has to make an attempt to make money. The studio probably can't take the chance of not releasing it. Whether it succeeds or fail due to Miller's actions, will remain to be seen.

23. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I realize they've amped up his powers in lots of dumb ways over the years to (over)-compensate. But the basic appeal of someone that goes real fast is in a society where humans don't have alternative means for doing so. The whole thing is outmoded. It's like having a hero called "the Storyteller" who can make words from their imagination appear as sounds and images in front of the viewers or someone with ability to magically teleport only documents and other data across thousands of miles in a few seconds.

24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That's really silly reasoning. Just as much as a bloodless war.

Sarge likes this.
  25. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Won’t you feel silly in a couple years when we get a Disney+ series about a radical non-violent cult that defeats everyone using ion cannons and stun blasters.