main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Flowers of Evil, 50 titles challenge, complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Mar 5, 2016.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    more to follow in the next chapter

Chapter 13
    Bret Chedokin was returning with a steaming cup of caf when he passed the open door of the office of Magaron and Bel Hana. And seeing no one inside and the interesting file discarded on the floor he swept in and saw the open drawers with the empty places indicating taken blasters. And that and the slight unease when he was getting his caf had him getting his comlink and activating it “Chedokin for dispatch.”

Dispatch.”

“Dispatch,” Chedokin replied “do you have any idea where Magaron and Bel Hana are?”

They have taken one of the air-speeders to investigate something in the darrin valley. I will enquire and come back to you. Dispatch out.”

Bret waited with growing anxiety. The darrin valley was always trouble. The slight unease was increasing. ‘Something must be wrong with Steve or Jono. What has prompted them to go to that place in a hurry?’

- - -

“Rob still has to come with news from Rondor dispatch but that’s to be expected with that agency handling all the calls from the continent.” Aradan had followed the flight-plan and being near the darrin valley he started towards it flying in a search pattern.

“And the burocracy of that big agency,” Rihan had armed himself with a sturdy harness containing a comlink and binoculars taken from the supplies in the backseat.

“If something is wrong there and Peter and Mick are down with the medevac we have to follow our common senses.”

“Yes,” Rihan saw the first signs when the airspeeder crested a hill. “There, flowers of evil.”

“Pink seducing mayhem,” Aradan too felt the oppressive dark forces dulling his senses and made a right turn towards a glittering lake. “Soron and Kaagi saw them yesterday.” He started circling the large lake and saw Rihan focus his binoculars on the shores. The lake – near the highway – was a popular place for outdoors activities. He had been there numerous times responding to emergencies.

- - -

Carolin gave a relieved sigh when she saw the wilderness of Mount Moniron and surroundings making place for the suburbs of Noranan. ‘Only about 30 K to go and we are at our destination.’

Dispatch for NP 56. Come in NP 56.”

“Get the com Jono and answer that you didn’t find anything wrong in the darrin-valley. You will be returning after a trip to the airport,” Carolin began and whispered something in Jono’s ears.

“Lieutenant Bel Hana here,” Jono activated the comlink. “We have ended our investigation in the darrin valley and are headed towards the airport for some chow and a break and will return after that.”

Tell Steve to behave. Last time you two visited the airport-restaurant we could smell the onions even here. And ask for a burger to go.

“He is smiling,” Jono saw Carolin with a smile on her face “and I will bring that burger.”

Jono, tell me, there was nothing interesting in the darrin valley? You and Steve were investigating something and Chedokin is a bit worried.”

“No I told you already. There was nothing,” Jono heard the whispered words from Volca sitting behind him and saw Carolin shaking her head and wriggling on her seat. “I have to take a leak. See you soon.”

- - -

Dispatch for Chedokin.”

Bret had his comlink in his hands and replied “Yes any news?”

Jono and Steve are going to the airport restaurant. They have ended their investigation in the darrin valley and have found nothing. They will return after their break.”

“OK, Chedokin out,” Bret returned his comlink to his belt with some reluctance. Now he had to wait for the return of the two and he didn’t like that at all. The uneasy feeling was still there. And acting on that feeling he began to walk towards dispatch.

- - -

“There,” Rihan – using his binoculars now focused on the stream that Aradan was following – saw it first. “Someone is crawling to a ground-speeder that’s hidden in those shrubs. He is injured. Get down Aradan. What is that man doing here?” He activated the com, becoming extremely worried because he had found someone other than Mick and Peter in the dreaded valley. “Shellan to MDC. Connect me to med-one immediately and get med-two on alert heading our way.”

MDC for Shellan. Med-two is standing by and will launch. Connecting you to Med-one.

Tim for Rihan.”

“Tim, come to our location. We have an injured man. No signs of the test-medevac yet. I will keep the com open.”

“He is wearing a police-officers uniform.” Aradan had the airspeeder descending and was searching for a place to land between the jagged boulders and shrubs.

- - -

‘Resume the test-flight. You are stepping in for Mick and will help him.’ Peter was behind the controls of the medevac and following orders. Carolin had told him that everything would be alright. Mick would get help. Yes he had returned to the flight-path, skimming the treetops and hills until he was near the slopes of Mount Moniron. His next point on the plan was the Ikraan gorge. And somehow he had to hurry to that place where medics were waiting to help him with Mick. He saw the small stream of the Ikraan river and started to follow it.

- - -

Steve had almost reached the shrubs when a sound and whirling dust had him turning his head and recognising the Noranan general hospital craft immediately. “Here,” he uttered a hoarse cry. He didn’t have to wait long. The air-speeder landed and he saw two men hurrying towards him. One was carrying a small orange medbag. He gave a relieved sigh. Now he could get help for the men under the influence of the drug and orders out to arrest the two women.

- - -

‘You have to land the medevac there. Medics are waiting to help your friend.’ Peter gripped the controls when he remembered what the beautiful and helpful woman had told him. ‘Mick will be alright.’

- - -

Jim had put the empty milk-bottle away and was burping his daughter when he saw Jehna Er-San, Leslie Tualan and Ger Adameh spurting after their pilot Kevin Kaol towards their medevac. ‘They have another emergency.’ And he lowered his shields briefly and felt ‘Mick will be alright.’ And not wanting to disturb his daughter again he put them up firmly after sending in the Force ‘I will wait for your return brother.’

tbc

16.231 words total

Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Jim had put the empty milk-bottle away and was burping his daughter when he saw Jehna Er-San, Leslie Tualan and Ger Adameh spurting after their pilot Kevin Kaol towards their medevac. ‘They have another emergency.’ And he lowered his shields briefly and felt ‘Mick will be alright.’ And not wanting to disturb his daughter again he put them up firmly after sending in the Force ‘I will wait for your return brother.’

Now that I have caught up with this fic again, I will wait for your return.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and the next chapter is here

Chapter 14

“Steve,” Aradan recognized the man immediately when he knelt down. He saw the bloody left shoulder with the stuffed bandage, the left leg with the tourniquet and the bent right hand with ugly bruises and swollen tissues indicating broken bones. “Easy, we are here to help you and Tim is coming with the troops. You know.”

“To patch me up,” Steve gave a small pained smile.

Aradan – coming to what he wanted to know first – asked “what happened here?”

“Peter wanted Jono to come here to help with some Rakata mayhem and a recent whatever. That had us headed this way. Peter was here with the medevac and he was acting weird,” Steve came immediately to the most important part. He took a ragged breath and continued with a hurry in his voice “Mick was hiding or unresponsive in the medevac. Jono – only expecting a prank – saw famous reporter Mokovic and in meeting her he received something from the evil lady. He is now like Peter under the influence of something hideous and taken by Mokovic and her sniper Volca.”

“Where are Peter and Mick now?” Rihan had the medbag spread open on the ground and grabbed the trauma-scissors to cut away the clothes. He began with the trousers.

“Mick was nowhere to be seen. Peter is gone with the medevac, continuing his mission to the Ikraan gorge and that is his final destination,” Steve replied, pain and difficult breathing clearly showing. “You have to stop him. He cannot land there. Jono is with Mokovic and Volca in NP 56 going back to Noranan. Volca has a Blastech 300 sniper rifle. She shot me twice. Contact central immediately to take them into custody.” With that said and the urgency to establish contact he tried to rise using his hands and cried when the support wasn’t there “ooww.”

“You are going nowhere Steve,” Aradan supported Steve and reached to one pocket of the medbag for a fast acting painkiller. He placed the auto-injector against Steve’s left leg and left shoulder. “I will stay with you. Rihan will contact Central about the evil ladies and will continue to follow the flight-plan of the test medevac to the Ikraan gorge. He will find Peter and Mick. Tim will arrive soon with med-one. He has our coordinates. And I will see what you have collected.”

Steve saw Rihan dropping the trauma scissors and standing up. He felt the immediate effect from the two doses of painkiller and became even more talkative. “Metal slugs from that kriffing Blastech 300 sniper rifle, fired by Volca dressed as a piece of prickly lettuce. You know I am a slug-magnet.” A faint smile was on his face when he saw Rihan hurrying to the airspeeder, hopping in and flying away.

“I do,” Aradan smiled and continued with small talk “I have seen your scars after Aaqu, Leslie and Mick treated you after the Slojuk disaster. You have told me about that holocron-adventure on Corellia and Center point station with Rostek Horn and Nejaa Halcyon. The Jedi pulled you out of the bacta before extensive harm could be done. You don’t like old stuff at all. And by the way,” he selected the entire contents of the auto-injector “now I will have to set those broken bones before some irreparable damage is done.”

“Ouch-time,” Steve muttered.

“This will reduce that,” Aradan placed the auto-injector again against the right shoulder “and your friends Tim and Jason will argue about who is the speedy pilot to fly you to the ER.”

- - -

The first thing Rihan did after he guided the airspeeder up was telling Tim that he was leaving. The next thing was selecting central dispatch and toggling the com.

Dispatch

“Arrest Mokovic and Volca using NP 56 and officer Bel Hana for their nefarious needs immediately,” Rihan barked. “They are somewhere in Noranan. Bel Hana is drugged by Mokovic. Find them. Volca has a Blastech 300 sniper rifle. Officer Magaron is seriously injured, taking slugs from that rifle. My colleague Mirdees is treating him and will wait for med-one.” He was following the flight-path and leaving the influence of the darrin valley.

We will take action. Dispatch out.”

“Keep me on open com,” Rihan became increasingly worried when he picked up some thoughts. They were from Peter and clearly muted. The man was acting under the influence of drugs. He pushed the controls of the airspeeder to their forward stops and began to mutter softly “The Ikraan gorge is your final destination. But you will have no place to land a big medevac Peter. I have to intercept you before you are there.”

- - -

“The two have control over officer Bel Hana.”

“What’s up Dave,” Bret cleared the entrance towards dispatch.

“Glad you are here,” Dave Cullen looked up from his station after tapping the all alert icon. “I have sent Patrol 58 and 69 to search for NP 56. Rihan Shellan declared an emergency after finding Steve Magaron in the darrin valley.” He continued to explain why Steve and Jono went to the darrin valley and ended “Steve was abandoned by Jono Bel Hana who is under the influence of drugs guiding NP 56 and helping Mokovic and Volca. Steve is seriously injured. He has taken slugs from a Blastech 300 sniper rifle. But med-one is coming to help Aradan Mirdees, who is caring for Steve.”

“Mirdees,” Bret – uneasy feeling explained but not all – sighed with relief. “He is one of the top trauma surgeons.”

“I will be monitoring MDC,” Kath Kupaza, another dispatcher saw the blinking icon for MDC and switched screens on her station to follow the deployed emergency craft. “They will come with news about Steve.” She turned in her chair “and by the way Mokovic is known to me. She is a famous reporter from Rondor news. I have read her articles. She is nice. Maybe this Volca is controlling both.”

“Shellan told me that Mokovic drugged Bel Hana,” Dave explained. “Volca is helping Mokovic.”

“Dave, you continue your contact with the patrols.” Bret turned to Kupaza and asked “Kath, can you contact Rondor?”

“I will,” Kath toggled her com. “I too like to know who this Volca is and her connection to Mokovic.”

“I will keep my station only for monitoring Rihan Shellan,” Calvin Greko said. “Shellan is now searching for the test medevac and will sure need more help.”

Bret gave a nod to Calvin. The young man had worked his way up in the ranks because of his way to deal with real emergencies and was liked by all. He turned again to Dave when he heard the voice of Tony Kehoe reporting in.

Patrol 58. We have located NP 56. They are at NAS. ETA 958.”

“Making their escape away from Moniron taking Jono’s MFS-six transport,” Bret muttered. Noranan air- and spaceport – NAS in the short hand used by dispatch – had space- and air-craft stored in the seven huge hangars and had thousands of passengers leaving and coming each day. And with NP 56 already there and Patrol 58 needing 5 minutes to land, he doubted if the patrols could take Mokovic, Volca and Jono into custody before they were at their intended target. His only hope was that the criminals would leave Jono behind. But there was one thing he could try and he toggled a switch at a free station. “Noranan airport control come in. We have a possible HP001 situation.” He continued to explain and was relieved when he heard NAS controller Tarhin Akhawi taking over. The man would personally meet the patrols and alert the guards.

- - -

“Peter,” Rihan shouted, hoping that he would reach his colleague in the Force. He saw the medevac beginning to descend towards a sharp angled short slope leading to the river. He had no means to divert the medevac to a safe landing place and began to search for a place to land the airspeeder as close as possible. All airspeeders from the hospital were equipped with some rescue-material. He hoped that he wouldn’t have to use it.

- - -

‘I have to land there. The medics are waiting.’ Peter had the medevac descending towards what was for him a flat stretch of terrain with a rescue craft parked at the edge. He put the thrusters in hover-mode and started to touch down. He wondered why the medevac was sliding away towards the rescue craft, passing it and toppling on its side. And he became very confused when that toppling had him tumbling from his seat and being tossed around in the cabin, hitting various items and getting bruised and experiencing some searing pain until he became wedged between the two seats with his left leg – responsible for that pain – sticking up in an awkward angle.
    “What’s this,” he cried, hearing the activating of the auto-distress signal. ‘This was the place where I was supposed to meet the medics. But where are they? It’s noisy and hey I am getting wet.’

tbc[face_nail_biting]

4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You know I am a slug-magnet.

THIS explains a lot. [face_rofl]

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and it is getting serious. Are the evil ladies getting away?

Chapter 15
    “Patrol 58 at concourse,” Tony Kehoe activated his comlink. “We are proceeding to hangar 5. Send 69 immediately to hangar 5.” With his partner Pat Huling he started to weave through the crowd. His destination was the big exit to the tarmac where he saw someone familiar waiting for them. ‘Bret must have put him on alert.’

- - -

“We have made it,” Volca was still clutching her rifle when she followed Carolin and Jono towards the entrance leading to the hangars of Noranan Air- and Spaceport. She had weaved her way through the crowd towards her destination, not at all troubled by the fact that she was armed. Others were armed too but they were in uniform.

“Caution Volca,” Carolin whispered when she spotted two uniformed men at the far side of the concourse coming through the main entrance and headed towards the big exit.

“That officer,” Volca grunted “I should have silenced him.”

“Or some weirdo Dunai picked up the disturbance and acted on it,” Carolin muttered. “We have to hurry to leave this creepy planet. Give your rifle to Jono. I will instruct him. We have only one guard there. And I have taken this from the medevac. The guard will be sleeping when we reach our transport.”

- - -

Fluttering eyelids were indicating that Steve was regaining consciousness.

“Yes Steve,” Aradan heard the sound of an approaching medevac too. “Hang on for a few moments more. Tim has found us.” He had used the entire contents of the medbag. An emergency bandage was around the left leg and another bandage was taped over the left shoulder. The auto-injector was depleted after he had used it to administer a hefty dose of painkiller in the right shoulder. He had to. Tape and branches broken from the shrubs were used to align the broken bones and to prevent muscle- and nerve-damage. Steve had passed out the moment he had the bones in place. That had been a few minutes ago.

Whirling dust and the sound of opening doors and running feet and there were Tim, Jesin, Jason and Tarko, carrying a stretcher and large med-boxes with all the stuff for trauma care.

“Tim Dereika again,” Steve – opening his eyes fully – mumbled with a rasping, weak voice “and of course Jason Guyet. Who is flying this time?”

“Tim,” Jason answered, relief showing on his face because his patient was conscious. Steve might be even in for some banter. He remembered flying the medevac to an injured Steve in the Slojuk factory and the transport back flown by Tim. He opened his med-box and began to apply an IV to the left hand. And he knew who was having ER-duty.

“Steve has collected two metal slugs from a Blastech 300 and has a complicated fracture of his right arm,” Aradan took the offered vac-splint from Tarko and guided that around the right arm. He waited to deflate the splint.

“First this,” Jason injected a large dose of painkiller in the tap. “And now I will …”

“This will help you to breathe,” Jesin interrupted and guided a mask over Steve’s nose and mouth. “The slug may have nicked your lung and we have to watch that carefully. We will put you on the stretcher after Aradan is ready with the splint. Easy does it Steve. We will have you in our transport in no time. And you know who are waiting for you.”

“Jesin, Jesin,” Jason grinned “you are sure up to a deluge of words trying to out talk me.”

With a big smile on his face Tarko shook his head when he used his trauma-scissors to remove the remaining clothes. Paired up with talking-waterfalls Jesin and Jason he didn’t have any moment to give some comforting words to the patient.

- - -

MDC dispatch

“MDC send Med-two immediately to my location and get me patched through to Central,” Rihan was desperately seeking for a place to land as close as possible to the wreck of the medevac.

Will do. And a Rob Dalara is reporting in about an automatic distress. Central coming for you Rihan.”

Dispatch central

“Shellan here at Ikraan gorge grid 76.201 391.549. Medevac crash. Need extrication-craft. I will try to get into contact with Peter and Mick in the crashed medevac. Switching over to my comlink,” Rihan spotted the place where he could land the airspeeder and started to descend. It was a tiny place but he had to.

- - -

Dick Ashwor knew about the emergency HP001 situation. He was fumbling with his comlink trying to reach NAS-central when he saw Jono Bel Hana and two nice looking women coming towards him. He ordered “Officer Bel Hana, stop here!” No result – the trio proceeded towards him – prompted him to take his blaster and point it at Bel Hana. “One more step and…”

Jono halted a few steps from the guard and replied seeing the name-tag on the uniform “hey Ashwor, good to see you. You must have heard about the general alert. I am in control again after she drugged me.” He squeezed the arm of Carolin and continued when he heard a soft yelp “I have taken these two into custody. I am guiding them to my patrol, parked near hangar three on the tarmac. They have to go to central station for interrogation. Can you help me with Volca?”

“I will take Volca,” Dick Ashwor – fleeting thought about why Jono, a good friend of his and always cracking a joke about his treasure-hunt, was very formal in his greeting and had a vacant look on his face – took the woman – clad in the black suit – in a secure grip, bending the left arm on her back. He pointed his right hand holding the blaster “that way?”

“Yes,” Jono followed with Carolin. “And we have to go through hangar five. I entered through that one because the door to hangar three was closed.”

“Closed, that’s odd. The big hangar-doors are almost always open. But if you have seen it,” Dick began to lead his charge through the corridor towards that hangar and continued with a smile “you sure you aren’t under the influence of those drugs anymore? Five is where your MFS-six transport is berthed and that’s for those two their escape.”

“My MFS-six transport is there yes and I regained my senses when Mokovic was asking me for the entry-codes. I was able to get the rifle from Volca, took the two into custody and decided to go for help from some guards.”

“Being me,” Dick observed Jono. He was still not convinced that Jono had gained control over his senses but he had Volca in a grip that made resistance futile. Any struggle to break free would result in a broken left arm.

The foursome made their way through the corridor passing hangars seven and six until they came to the door leading into hangar five.

“She is looking nice,” Dick halted for a moment when he crossed the door and saw the MFS-six transport gleaming in the daylight that was streaming through the open doors.

A smiling Carolin recognized immediately her transport and reached with her left hand – not so secure in Jono’s grip – to the neck of the guard and pushed. The autoinjector made a soft hissing noise.

“Hey easy,” Dick felt a slight sting, stopped and turned with his charge. He pointed his blaster at Jono and Mokovic.

“Sorry,” Jono showed the rifle. “I had to adjust my grip on her.”

Dick saw the barrel of the rifle. It could have hit him. But he noticed again the blank looks on his friend’s face and tried to bring him to one of his favorite subjects. He asked “any luck with your digs on the moon?” If Jono was in control he would react with exuberance. If not he would shoot his blaster stunning all three.

“Digs on the moon?”

“Your Rakata oldies and the Korua Gem,” Dick decided to give one more clue before taking action and continued to walk away from the transport towards the large hangar-door where more guards were on the tarmac.

“Rakata oldies and the Korua Gem?”

“Hey copy-felin Jono are you up to a prank,” Dick felt a twitch in his left arm and attributed that to the secure hold on the left arm of his charge.

“Hey copy-felin?”

“You are still under the influence of those drugs.” Dick was lifting his blaster and closing his fingers on the trigger. But why were his muscles not responding properly? He felt the numbness in his arms spreading to his entire body. He continued with a weak voice “or are you influencing me with your powers, making my body acting like a synthrubber doll?”

“He is drugged and you are going to sit down before you collapse and hurt yourself,” Carolin took the rifle from Jono.

“Jono,” Dick – realizing that all was now very wrong – turned on now very unsteady legs, released his weak grip on Volca, saw the rifle pointed at him and did as told.

“Jono, I need your transport. You like me Jono. Settle down there next to him after you give me the access-codes.”

“No witnesses,” Volca observed “the exhaust from the engines will fry them.”

Dick – sleepy eyes closing – heard that when he lost consciousness and started to snore softly.

tbc[face_worried][face_nail_biting]

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Jono,” Dick – realizing that all was now very wrong – turned on now very unsteady legs, released his weak grip on Volca, saw the rifle pointed at him and did as told.

“Jono, I need your transport. You like me Jono. Settle down there next to him after you give me the access-codes.”

“No witnesses,” Volca observed “the exhaust from the engines will fry them.”

Dick – sleepy eyes closing – heard that when he lost consciousness and started to snore softly.

You certainly know how to let me worry from one update to the next.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more worry to come with the next chapter

Chapter 16

Jeb Bel Hana had parked his groundspeeder at the parking for visitors of the hospital. He was helping Dina when he became aware of his father. “Dad what are you doing there?”

“What,” Dina felt Jeb’s grip on her arm.

“Dad is in hangar five and is giving the access-codes to our transport. When I woke up I sensed him having fun with Steve but that became muted very soon. His thoughts are still clearly muted. I don’t know what he is doing and it worries me.”

“Some special mission with Steve no doubt,” Dina soothed. “He will tell us tonight. Come, Dian is waiting for us.”

Jeb followed his wife. He had to wait. He couldn’t do anything after all. But he was worried and had the nagging feeling in his mind that a nice pastime looking for old things had come to an end.

- - -

“Erdin,” Ivano Arvedai was donning his fatigues after hurrying with his partner towards the big rescue craft “you have the next emergency.”

“I know,” Erdin gazed towards his fatigues and a group of rescue-workers busy with their craft. “I am the expert on store- and hazmat thingies. You go and rescue Mick and Peter.” And with a serious look on his face he continued “be careful. I don’t want any Ivano-sitting this time.”

“I am always careful,” Ivano had a smile on his face. He had experienced enough stays in a hospital-bed with Erdin or a Jedi-healer preventing him from leaving that bed.

“Always the reckless pup and me doing the worrying,” Erdin followed his former student.

“Don’t worry I will get Mick and Peter,” Ivano climbed into the large rescue-craft and was settling down when Jon Ethir guided her on repulsorlifts out of the hangar. Like Targo Harnin and Lionel Keranan he began to don the sturdy harness for the quick-grab-rescue. From dispatch he had heard what Rihan was doing and that the medevac was inbound for the Ikraan gorge but would land quite a distance away.

- - -

Rihan was glad that the airspeeder had the large coil of rope in the trunk. He had informed MDC and Central dispatch about the landing site, suitable for the medevac and had hurried to where the crashed medevac was down in the river. He had tied one end of the rope to a tree and was now rappelling down the slope towards the downed medevac that was almost in an upright position with the right strut and part of the cabin in the water.

- - -

Volca was about the engage the thrusters when she saw two officers, followed by more men – obviously from airport security – coming towards the hangar.

“Keep going Volca,” Carolin grinned. “Their main concern will be those two sleeping officers.”

- - -

“Now some moving Steve,” Jesin lifted his patient with Aradan, Jason and Tarko on the stretcher. “You are almost ready to go and don’t you worry when you are getting sleepy. I will give you some really relaxing medicines when that breathing of yours doesn’t improve. See, you are doing great. We will get you warm and cozy again after Tarko has destroyed your nice uniform and underwear.”

“Tal… king… wa… ter… fal,” Steve mumbled. He only felt the eight hands depositing him as gently as possible on the stretcher and covering his naked body with a soft blanket. The painkiller was working, the IV was supplying him with enough fluids to keep his vitals stable and he had a very great distraction in Jesin.

“He is,” Aradan began to secure the straps “and he will watch you closely.”

“Not… him… alone… I hope,” Steve made a small move with his head.

“No Steve,” Jesin secured the last strap. “Aradan will do the bandages, Tarko will watch your vitals and Jason and I will secure your airway if that becomes necessary. And now we are ready to go to Tim who is already busy sending your vitals to MDC and the ER where your friend Allan is waiting to keep you unaware of any discomfort. Jadin Finn and his team will help Aradan to patch you up. Tim will fly us to the hospital. And I am sure he will try to break a speed-record from Jason.”

- - -

‘Bel Hana is there but not responsive at all. He is muted in the force.’ Tony Kehoe – a Dunai elder like his partner Pat Huling – was running like mad crossing the tarmac towards hangar five when he heard the activation of repulsorlifts.
    Close on his heels was Tarhin Akhawi.

Officer Huling was far behind, feeling his age and huffing like a Hutt to keep up.

Tony was relieved when he saw patrol 69 landing and her officers jumping out and hurrying in the hangar. A final sprint and he was there to grab the legs of the unresponsive NAS guard and shout “Jono move!”

Tarhin took the arms.

“What move,” Jono blinked with his eyes.

“Move Jono,” Helen Deshazo and Andy Roskill took the unresponsive officer by his arms and were able to jump away and sideways before the MFS-six transport – gliding forward on repulsorlifts – had the exhausts bearing on them.

“We have made it,” Tarhin stumbled forward with Tony and the sedated guard and saw the transport getting airborne and moving away.

“And who-ever is in that transport is getting away with no means for us to intercept,” Pat Huling – only now reaching the hangar – grumbled taking shallow breaths. “In the days of the old republic we could have sent a message to Coruscant or even asked to get help from the Jedi-council.”

“I know Pat,” Helen gave a relieved smile and egged him on. “You and your stories of a master Yoda coming here after Moniron suffered from a big earthquake.”

“Yes and that was a very interesting event,” Pat was regaining his breath and continued “I was there in the area and saw young Jasir Ere-Dun and his uncle Jesin Er-Mun coming back from a hunting trip to take wildlife pictures. The Jedi came to help and Master Yoda asked Jasir and Ghari Adin for permission to take young Fay Ere-Dun to be trained as a Jedi-knight in their Jedi-temple. I have heard that she became a Jedi master and never used her lightsaber. And…”

“Pat, Helen, attention and continue that Jedi-talk after we have finished here,” Tony grinned. The talk had been useful to release the tension of the rescue. He had examined the sedated guard and knew that the man would be alright. “We have two sleepy guys needing some care.”

- - -

Rihan had reached the wreck of the medevac and was relieved to see that it was securely wedged between large rocks. The forward windscreen was shattered. The sliding door to the left was dented and with a window showing cracks but could be opened. A quick assessment of the situation had him with some relief, praising the sturdy design. The stretcher with Mick securely strapped on it was in its clamps and not damaged. The IV-bag and line had taken a tumble but were again functional. He tapped his comlink. “Central, I see Mick secured on a stretcher and intubated but breathing on his own. Vitals as shown on the functioning monitor are stable. Peter is wedged between the front seats in the cockpit. He gives no response but is breathing normally. His left lower leg is broken. I am now inside and will begin treatment.”

tbc

and 1237 words posted in this chapter making now a total of 20.520 words

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Central, I see Mick secured on a stretcher and intubated but breathing on his own. Vitals as shown on the functioning monitor are stable. Peter is wedged between the front seats in the cockpit. He gives no response but is breathing normally. His left lower leg is broken. I am now inside and will begin treatment.”

I hope to see the bad guys on a stretcher any time soon! Yes, anger leads to the dark side of the Force. But right now I do not care!

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The evil women? No you will see

Chapter 17

“Med one ETA 1030,” Tim Dereika closed the com when he began to descend. He had felt the Force returning when he passed the highway.

Steve was still lucid and felt the support of the four friends caring for him in the medevac when he became aware of something else. He tried a deep breath but couldn’t and voiced weakly “Volca and Moko … away… Jono! He… is… al… right. Tony… is… with… him.”

“Who is Tony,” Jesin smiled, eager to have more to talk about but on alert, giving a small nod to Jason.

“A colleague… and… partner… to… old… Pat. He… is… now… with… Jono… Pat… too… and… he… was… doing… Jedi… talk.”

“You know I was a Jedi,” Tarko was placing a syringe in the tap and saw Jason reaching in a medbag and opening a package.

“Yes… until… Sidious… hap…”

“You can tell about Pat and his Jedi-talk when you wake up,” Jesin saw eyes rolling away when the fast acting muscle-relaxant did its work. They had to treat the collapsing lung.
    With experienced ease Jason used the airway-scope, had the tube in and connected to the breathing-bag held by Tarko.

Tim guided the medevac to a very smooth landing near the doors to the ER.

“You can treat that lung in the ER before moving him to OT one,” Aradan was up and opening the door of the medevac. “I will join my team in the scrub-room.”

“My dad will be very grumpy when Steve wakes up,” Jason began to guide the stretcher outside with Jesin and Tim helping him.

“Nah I don’t think so. Kaagi will be with him, waking him up and arguing to keep him in his bed,” Tarko continued to squeeze the breathing-bag when the trio carried the stretcher to the open doors of the ER and continued “Steve is an escape-artist” before he gave Jesin a signal to release the straps.

“He won’t escape with all of us doing the Magaron-sitting,” Jesin laughed.

“On my mark,” Tim stopped near their destination being a gurney. “One, two, three and move.”

Steve was deposited very gently on the gurney and ready to go into OT-one where Alan Guyet was waiting to take over from Tarko.
    Alan would watch Steve, keeping him sedated and stable.

- - -

Aradan was suiting up and almost ready to lead the team with Jadin Finn as second surgeon and Skon Peverin and Jess Djarada as nurses when he saw Kaagi Adin and Aaqu Maerhin coming into the scrub-room with Beran Daranon and Jay Dalair. He began to scrub his hands.

“Hmm Mirdees fun,” Beran Daranon used his key and disappeared in a changing cubicle.

“We have Aaqu to help us,” Jay laughed when he saw the occupied changing cubicles with the names Peverin and Djarada on the keys before inserting his key in an open lock.

“Fun is after the serious business of slug-hunting,” Kaagi wheeled towards one of the changing cubicles with his name on it. He had deposited at the beginning of his shift his brace in the cubicle. “Now I have to get changing and to keep Mick sleeping during his slug-removing just as Alan is keeping Steve unaware of what Aradan will be doing.”

“Slugs are my work,” Aaqu halted before his changing cubicle. “Rihan has found the crashed medevac in the Ikraan gorge and was able to reach it. He found Mick secured and in stable condition and is treating Peter for a broken leg. Peter is under the influence of the darweed drug. Ivano and his team will have them soon in the medevac.”

“Slug-removing from Steve Magaron will be my work,” Aradan – knowing about the fun after the procedures – continued with his scrubbing. “Some evil lady named Volca Virine and dressed up as a piece of prickly lettuce was responsible for the slugs. And reporter Carolin Mokovic had her darweed to get what she wanted, escape from Moniron. Steve told us that Jono is now safe before we had to put him under to treat his collapsing lung. And Jono will be no doubt suffering from the same kind of amnesia. And maybe Jono and Peter will feel guilty after they regain their senses.”

“They are all victims of devious women and the seducing powers of the flowers of evil,” Kaagi grumbled. “We will help them. I will have some work with our escape-artist Steve to keep him in his bed. And with Mick and his pranks, I think we have to put them in the same room. Mick was hands full when I treated him on New Holstice during the clone-wars.”

“Easier for us nurses,” Jilan Gherian turned near the cabinet where he was busy with Kerlan Gulnare. The latter had blue gloves in his gloved hands and walked towards Aradan.

“I will ask Jono to take part in the Magaron and Kerebuy-sitting,” Aradan held his hands up when Kerlan came with the gloves. “And settle Peter in a wheelchair and he can do his thing too.”

- - -

“Rihan Shellan come in.”

“Shellan,” Rihan started. He had a relieved smile on his face. Ten minutes ago he had heard pilot Kevin Kaol reporting that he had landed med-two at the closest possible place to the crash-site. Ger Adameh, Leslie Tualan and Jehna Er-San were readying a stretcher for hook-up with the rescue craft.

“Shellan? You are Shellan?”

“Yes Peter, I am Rihan Shellan and you have worked with me,” Rihan had his com open enabling the rescuers to listen. “You are in a bit of a mess with a broken leg but rescue is here hovering above us to get you and Mick to the medevac and to the hospital.”

“Hospital why and what’s with Mick? Is he injured too?”

“Peter, you are drugged. I have used a painkiller to have you unaware of your leg but you have another drug in your body that’s influencing you,” Rihan explained but knew that little would reach Peter’s mind. The man had a blank look in his eyes and would remember nothing about what had happened after he had been drugged. He heard the soft whirring of a hoist and saw a short time later two pair of legs, followed by bodies, arms and heads passing the shattered windscreen.

Two men entered.

“Mick is the first to move,” Ivano Arvedai dragged a large set of hooks and ropes inside, helped by Lionel Keranan.

“Peter, just hang in there. That’s Ivano and Lionel to help me with Mick first,” Rihan moved to the stretcher with Mick and began to detach the monitors. “Mick is breathing on his own. I don’t expect trouble during the ride to the medevac.”

“I will monitor him closely and will be back,” Ivano remained attached to the hoist and had secured the stretcher with the hooks and ropes before he reached for the release of the clamps holding the stretcher secure to the floor of the medevac. “Guide us outside Lionel. Tarhin, we are ready to move.”

Lionel, helped by Rihan, guided the stretcher outside. He gave a thumbs-up signal and the rescue craft began to move up and away.

- - -

“Hey, what am I doing in a hospital,” Peter – strapped to the orange stretcher – observed when Ivano and Rihan guided him inside the medevac.

“You know this is a medevac Peter and,” Ger Adameh – going outside because he would go with Ivano to the airspeeder – began.

“This is weird,” Peter interrupted and tried to move his hands. “I am trapped. What’s happening? I landed the medevac and you must have transported Mick and me to a hospital and there he is as I have left him.” He began to trash wildly with his head. “I have to treat Mick.”

“We will do that and you are going to sleep,” Jehna Er-San placed an auto-injector against Peter’s neck and saw eyes rolling away when the fast acting drug took effect.

“He will remember nothing when he wakes up,” Rihan sat down next to Mick’s stretcher.

“Or will feel guilty,” Leslie Tualan had a far away look in his eyes and continued “but Kaagi and Aradan have great ideas. You will see.”

tbc

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I think that you always have great ideas. With nasty cliffhangers attached to it. Grrr!

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Now with a short chapter

Chapter 18
    “Dad is busy with Steve, we have been busy and now I need a caf.”

“Always the caf and you know I need that too because…”

“You have to keep your vocal cords in extremely great condition. You outtalked me this time.”

Jim – sitting next to the crib where his daughter was now sleeping – looked up to see Jesin and Jason making a beeline to the kitchen-unit of the ready-room. They were followed by Tim and Tarko.

The latter went immediately to Jim and said “Aradan and Rihan have found Steve Magaron near the darrin-valley. Steve could give my brother directions to find Mick and Peter and revealed all about the culprits who had lured him and Jono there. We could treat Steve after he was given care by Aradan. And that one is now busy with Steve after meeting Kaagi and Aaqu in the scrub-room who...”

“Have to deal with my brother,” Jim gave a relieved sigh. “Rihan has found Mick and Peter and…”

“They will be here soon,” Jason sauntered towards Jim with two cups of caf. “Drink this Jim. You look a bit dehydrated. Been busy only with your daughter and forgetting yourself?”

“Uh, maybe,” Jim took the offered cup and began to drink taking small sips from the hot brew.

- - -

Early, the pediatrician examining his wife had told him that the baby would be early. Jeb was running towards the exit of the hospital, avoiding patients, doctors and nurses with the easy experience of a police-officer. He had to get some stuff.

- - -

“Dick is still sleeping,” Pat – in the passenger seat of patrol 58 – turned his head towards Tony who was guiding the police-speeder to a landing on the meadow before the main entrance of the hospital “and Jono is watching him.”

“And giving no trouble at all,” Tony grinned. “We could instruct him to help us with Dick and follow us to our speeder. Now let’s see what happens when we bring him and Dick to the ER.”

“No trouble at,” Pat began but began to point frantically at the opening door. “That can be trouble…”

“Or help,” Tony continued to settle the speeder down. He had seen another airspeeder and laughed “that’s Jeb and he knows how to deal with his father and with him…”

“We have another person to watch over him,” Pat finished when he too saw the police-speeder landing on the meadow and the driver jumping out and making a beeline to their patrol.

Bret – worry about one of his officers gone because he had heard from Tarhin Akhawi all about the darweed and the rescue – arrived at the patrol with a relieved smile on his face “those good for nothing women are gone forever from our planet and I don’t mind."

“And our MFS-six transport is gone forever,” Jeb was close on his heels “but my father will be alright. Let’s get him settled in a nice bed and order him to get sleeping. He will be alright tomorrow. And…” he paused briefly to catch his breath “I need one of you to get Dina’s baby-bag from my house. I have to stay with Dina because the baby will be early.”

tbc

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I hope you are also alright and not only your fanfic characters! :*

This story truly draws from your experiences in First Aid and rescue missions! =D=

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It sure does and yes I am very busy travelling with trains and busses to and from my work. And you know the Dutch NS isn't known for speedy trains

Chapter 19

Wet towels, wet sponges, empty squeeze bottles and some blue pieces – easily recognizable as remains of blown up gloves after meeting a foot or hands or whatever were dotting the floor of the scrub-room when Alan Guyet came in after the long procedure to get showering. “A big mess but that’s to be expected. I missed that.” He had guided the bed with a still sedated Steve Magaron to the IC-ward where Marille Er-Denal had taken over. ‘I will put him next to Mick. Beran brought him here with Kaagi’s very clear orders’ Marille had said. Alan headed to his changing cubicle when the door leading to the now empty OT-one opened.

Nurse Kerlan Gulnare came in and spotted a towel hanging from a fixture high on the ceiling and a still occupied cubicle. He pointed up “they are Jedi-healers forever Alan and you know they are never tired of using the Force for fun.”

Alan followed Kerlan’s gaze and in doing so he slipped on another towel and entered with that towel grumbling his changing cubicle “Master Yoda should have put those children when they were still initiates in the old Jedi-temple on stew and bread after pulling a stunt like that.”

“Maybe Director Arovan knows how to brew that stew,” Kerlan laughed. “You know what he thinks of this after-the-procedure medical mayhem.”

“Yuck Yoda stew gives me a stay in a hospital bed. No stew for any of us. And the director is …”

“Ah one of the culprits is using a changing cubicle as his private sleeping room,” Alan grabbed the wet towel and sailed that over the closed door of the changing cubicle before exiting his to observe the results.

Some humpfhs and other sounds were heard and the door opened to reveal Kaagi Adin, sitting – clad in his briefs only – on a heap of towels and wiping his head with the newly acquired towel. And as if no one had interrupted his complaint he continued “allergic to Yoda-stew of course. You should remember that Alan. I told you about the disastrous results of Yoda-stew during my tour of duty at the New Holstice hospital during the clone-wars. And by the way thank you for waking me up. My shift has ended and tomorrow I have your sleepy guy and escape-artist Magaron as my wake-up patient.”

“You will have no trouble keeping him in his bed this time,” Alan began to tell more about his patient and the procedure and watched with amusement when Kaagi began to use one of the dry towels that had formed his bed to dry his head. A new set of greens and his brace were donned and a wheelchair – conveniently parked in a corner of the scrub-room was called to the changing cubicle with some frivolous use of the Force.

Kaagi disappeared from the scrub-room speeding past Alan and Kerlan.

And the latter shouted “the director should give you a speeding-ticket before entering a changing cubicle.

- - -

Bret Chedokin was listening to the two men snore-choir when a new noise had him briefly looking towards the open door of the small room. He snickered softly “Kaagi, you know! I have no way to get you a speeding ticket” and wasn’t surprised to see the culprit halting and moving inside and checking briefly the two snoring men.

“I know,” Kaagi turned towards Bret. “They are doing fine and Steve is tomorrow my first patient.” And he told more about Steve.

- - -

“It is beautiful but messing with engines,” Volca observed when the transport was guided by her towards an opening in the swirling clouds of the nebula that surrounded the Moniron star-system.

“A few hours and we are through,” Carolin smiled. “The coordinates for New Holstice are still in the nav-comp. We will head there and be on our way home and Moniron will be forgotten.”

“Moniron is just a dull place in the middle of nowhere,” Volca avoided a large chunk of rock. “Carolin we have the galaxy to play. My sniper skills and the darweed will be useful.”

“As my experiments on those two force sensitives have proven,” Carolin patted her bag. “Moniron was useful to give me this. I have enough here to examine and to synthesize the drug when we come to the summer retreat of my family. My uncle – if he is alive – will have something to play. No Sith or Jedi will be safe anymore.”

tbc

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Moniron is just a dull place in the middle of nowhere,” Volca avoided a large chunk of rock. “Carolin we have the galaxy to play. My sniper skills and the darweed will be useful.”

I actually never thought that Moniron was dull. But we differ a lot in various opinions, dear Volca!

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    no not dull at all

Chapter 20

Moniron was forgotten, New Holstice was only a bad memory when Carolin observed how Volca handled the transport. After exiting the Moniron-nebula, the hyperspace-jump had brought the transport to New Holstice. Carolin had shrugged with her shoulders when Volca announced that coordinates for Moniron were absent from the navcomp. ‘No loss for the galaxy,’ was what Volca had said when she entered the coordinates for the jump to Anaxes. And now the summer retreat of the Mokovic family was only a few minutes away. “Guide her in Volca.”

“I will. I am anxious to meet your family,” Volca had a delightful look on her face. Her brother Nico was forgotten. She gripped the controls and made a soft landing on the meadow before the large estate.

“He is here,” Carolin shouted when she saw a familiar mop of grey hair.

“And he is?” Volca powered down the engines.

“My uncle Krion,” Carolin released the crashwebbing. A big smile was on her face when she saw who were with him “and my father and mother.” She headed to the ramp followed by Volca.

- - -

A few hours later the two women were sitting in the study of the estate after a delicious breakfast and telling all about what had happened.
    Volca was happy. She had a future. She had accepted the offer of the Mokovic and Grail family to become their body-guard.
    And Carolin? She was making plans with her uncle. A laboratory to examine the darweed was the first priority.

- - -

Being with Mick and Peter was now the first priority for Jono Bel Hana. He was sitting on a chair near the window, gazing outside and waiting in the medium care room after his examination by Aradan Mirdees. The surgeon had told him that Steve Magaron had to stay in the IC after being guided out of the sedation by Kaagi Adin. That one was now with Steve, helping him to be unaware of the ventilator that was aiding his lungs. A brief thoughtful look passed his features when he sensed what Kaagi and Steve were discussing through mind-talk. ‘Grand-dad got you into trouble too Steve. But your friend Rostek Horn was able to hide that holocron. Palpatine – or as he became known to us as Darth Sidious – never got his claws on it. And now with those two women away what will become of the force-sensitives?’

“If they have the resources I might get worried. But they are now living in a galaxy far and far away. We have something else to worry.”

“Peter,” Jono turned his head to see a smiling Peter in a wheelchair with his left leg in a cast entering the room. He was followed by Beran Daranon and Aradan Mirdees who were guiding a bed with Mick snuggled comfortably in a reclining position to the empty station in the room.

“We are here and eagerly making plans for our escape,” Peter wheeled inside and halted his wheelchair before one of the empty beds.

“With Kaagi caring for Steve that will be easy for us,” Mick grinned when Beran and Aradan began to install the bed and hook up the leads to monitors. “But I am forming a unit with my bed. I have to be free from those of course.” He indicated the IV and leads with his left hand.

“I will get help,” Jono shook his head and pointed his index-fingers to Peter and Mick. “I have agreed with Aradan to do all to keep you and you here.”

“And he will have all our help,” Beran heard someone approaching “or…”

“Bret Chedokin will come,” Jono walked to the door when he saw the inspector waiting to enter the room.

“I will take over,” Bret entered. “Jeb needs you.”

“I know why,” Jono spurted away.

“I know too,” Bret took the vacant chair. “He is becoming a grand-dad. And he will be back with his family as soon as possible…”

“And helping with big-baby-sitting,” Aradan grinned.

- - -

Jono was happy. Kyp was his grandson and now resting in the bed next to his sleeping mother, who was being watched by Jeb.
    All his friends would recover fully.
    His thoughts wandered ‘ah Steve, conspiring with Kaagi and making escape-plans? We will see.’

FIN

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Jono was happy. Kyp was his grandson and now resting in the bed next to his sleeping mother, who was being watched by Jeb.
    All his friends would recover fully.
    His thoughts wandered ‘ah Steve, conspiring with Kaagi and making escape-plans? We will see.’

FIN

Nice ending! =D= It was fun to read, even though RL does side track me.

17. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Okay, I caught up on this story AT LAST!

It was a real pleasure to get to see your OCs in action. I knew that they're all medics or civil defense in one way or another, but I didn't realise that they're pranksters too. There's a seriousness the the words "Dunai" and "Dunai-elder" that had led me to imagine something entirely different.

It was also great to see you develop the fanon that I'd read about in the Fanon thread. You make the planet, the cities, the natural environment, the culture feel very real in this story, and I can see why the title inspired you so much -- the flowers just fit seamlessly into this universe.

I'm curious to know if you're planning to write a sequel to this. I want to know what Carolin did after she managed to get home, if she's intending to pursue further "revenge" against the Dunai, or if the Dunai plan to go looking for her and bringing her to justice.

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan and Chyntuck like this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A sequel, hmmm
    [face_thinking]

Chyntuck likes this.
  20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I knew you would conjure up one! ;)

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellently riveting and satisfying conclusion. Wonderful teamwork with the medics and law enforcement. =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks to all my readers.
    A sequel will be here soon. Steve will get one and Carolin hmmmm

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, looking forward to it!