main
side
curve

The Force at the Figueroa

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005

Name (board or RL)
    : Anapad_Nabooine/Kim
    Fan Force? Y/N :
    (N) - just a Star Wars fan I am :)

Where From?
    Philadephia, PA

Arrivial/departure dates? May 23/May 29

Who's with you? I'm 'Solo' coming and going, but while I'm there you're all with me. May the Force be with us!

2. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Name (board or RL): Matt (Dingo/Kadue)

Fan Force? Y/N Yes and no. None in my area, was a part of the NSWFF for a while, now just hang around with Oceania FF people.

Where From? Canberra, Australia

Arrivial/departure dates? 23rd May - 29th

Who's with you? On my own.

3. jbrianchamberlin

jbrianchamberlin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005

Then I suppose I should get my reservation ready! =) You guys making an official list of those who are staying there? Looks like this is going to be an awesome time. Hard not to get excited this early.

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Force Ghost star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    More of a loose conclomeration - at C3 we had a little dinner/get together that was a blast!

Never too early to get an idea of who's sharing your party space!

5. jbrianchamberlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Well, I'm giving them a little time to wake up then I'm calling to make my reservation. How many people do they allow to a room? Does anyone know? I guess the best bet would be to get two doubles.

6. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    just confirmed a double @ Figueroa - $139

and Uno said that there is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel @ $15.

doh - forgot this:
    Name LL Tai Kwan on Michelle's board
    Fan Force? Y/N : (Y) -

Where From? Michigan

Arrivial/departure dates? May 23/May 28 (probably)

Who's with you? as with C3 arriving solo but hoping to connect with friends and make new ones

7. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    last I heard no more than 3 to a room. They won't bend the rules because the rooms are a bit smallish.

8. jbrianchamberlin

Feb 16, 2005

Good old Uno. He seemed a little overwhelmed already! =) I reserved my room a few minutes ago. He said he's already received 100's of calls about the Star Wars convention.

9. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    I didn't think there would be any rooms left so I was surprised when Mr. Uno told me that there were "modest" rooms for $124. I took that to mean tiny so I picked a larger room for $134. This isn't going to be cheap, is it? We're talking about a thousand for a place to lay my head which doesn't include airfare, food, collectibles or admission to the Convention. I have no idea what to expect. For those of you who have been there before: do you pay once for five days admission or do you pay each day? And will they show all the movies?

10. jbrianchamberlin

Feb 16, 2005
    It's worth every penny. You'll be able to buy a badge that will get you into each day. The 1st day is for fan club members only. I'm sure the badge will be like $120 or something. I think last years was like $90 and that was for 4 days. There are locals that come for only a day so they have daily badges for them. I bought a collection of all the badges at Celebration III. Kinda cool since there were like 14 of them. I estimage airfare to be about $400 round trip from Maryland via AirTran.

11. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Anapad_Nabooine, you will have the opportunity to pre-pay for the entire convention. For Celebration III the cost was $95.00, but I am assuming that will change (i.e., be higher) for C-IV. It would be nice if I was wrong about that [face_dancing], but I don't think so.

As far as showing all the movies -- just don't know. The convention center has plenty of space for a "theater style" setup in one of the rooms, but since the program hasn't probably got much past the "Celebration IV will be at the Los Angeles Convention Center" phase, :) it'll be a while before we find out about that.

12. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    From my post in the other thread: http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_4/b10611/23982159/p5

13. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    We have to keep him in shape, wouldn't want him to get all flabby on us, that would just ruin everything (like my dreams).

14. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    They showed all movies ? one or two a night, with the exception of ROTS of course, at C3. Digital projector and incredible sound system. Free popcorn. Hopefully they will do this again. Line up early if you plan to go. Like most (all?) of us, I have seen TESB a million times, but seeing it at C3 surrounded by fellow fans made me feel it it was the first time. Incredible.

Enjoy! :)
    Lufta

15. jbrianchamberlin

Feb 16, 2005
    I was just wondering. There might be a 3rd person but I doubt it. I'm asking to be upgraded to 2 double beds..right now I'm reserved for twins. Eh..that's not good. I may end up changing over to the Holiday Inn once they take reservations. I just wanted to get something nailed down. I feel safer that way. When the guy told me nearly half of their rooms are booked for the convention a year away, that says a lot.

16. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    I received a confirmation e-mail, but there is no actual number on it, has this happened w/ anyone else?

17. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    my email did not contain a confirmation number... I dont know if it will be a problem... if you decide to call and ask please let me know...

18. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Got a room at the Fig with two doubles. Not gonna get left out in the cold like I did at Indy. Those rooms sold out FAST.

19. jbrianchamberlin

Feb 16, 2005
    I'm stuck with twins for now. They said they'll "try" to get me into two doubles. Oh well. I'm not going to complain. =)

20. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    Ok, Just called them (again) She said they don't have actual confirmation #'s, it's just last name and arrival date. I'll be printing off my receipt as well, not that it says anything i don't already know.

21. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Receipt of what? They didn't charge me anything. Just took my credit card # and said they would charge it when I arrived.

22. anakinobiwan

anakinobiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Uno gave me a confirmation number over the phone but I haven't received an email confirmation. I asked him if I was going to get an email confirmation and he said the confirmation number was fine. I'm planning on calling every month to make sure my reservation still exists. Screwed, I will not be. Well, screwed by Hayden but that's a different matter.

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    That's what I got.. just the number. I already talked to him and they have a record of it. I called to see if I could get upgraded to doubles. Ah well.

24. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Odd that, I just checked my E-mail confirmation from the Fig and there is no #. Hope that they don't do like HI always does me on business trips and book three times more guests than they have rooms

25. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    According to Elyse - the Fig's reservation agent - numbers are not necessary as they sometimes are with the big national chains. I still wanted one, so she gave me one but she assured me that my last name would suffice. I also requested an email and got one. Now I have a C4 folder sitting on my desk with the Fig reservation in it. :D Very comforting.

Are any of you driving your co-workers batty with all your SW and C4 banter lately, like I am doing? 8-}

Lufta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.