main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Force at the Figueroa

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    I know I am. LOL
    They thought after C3 things would calm down, but I started talking about the possibility of C4. Now that it has been confirmed I am driving them bonkers. However, I have a good friend Darth Tofu to totally freak out with. C4 will be awesome and so far it looks like the Figueroa group is kicking. I will see you all there!

2. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    lol yeah at least me and buggy have eachother to obsess with!

my coworkers are like "yes... we know you're on vacation next may... "

the other common response is "I don't know.. WHAT happens in 354 days???"

3. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    I'm getting..."how could anyone love a movie so much..." (Poor folks, they just don't understand...) I am sure soon they will inact a moratorium on all SW or C4 chat from me in the near future! Oh well. I just can't contain my enthusiasm!

4. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Neil!!! How the heck are ya? Long time no talk with. It's great to hear you are going to C4. Wish Luc and I could make it, but it aint gonna happen. Have fun for us!!

Elijah - VaderFanForever and C3 roomate

5. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Are you guys calling in for reservations or is there a website to book a reservation?

6. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    It's cool to hear from you again; wish you guys could make this one. Don't worry I will suffer enough for all of us.

7. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    We called as the Fig does not accept internet reservations. I suggest booking ASAP if you want to stay at the Fig as, according to what I hear/read, there are very few rooms left. Read up on our experiences in the past few days in the rest of this thread and in the "Book now...I did!" thread http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_4/b10611/23982159/p1/?209 Good luck and I hope it works out. :)

Lufta

8. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
  9. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Eventually, we will be gathering all this information in one "info thread," as it were, but I did want to post this for those who have already booked at the Figueroa.

It is very close to the convention center.
    The sides of the building are taken up with big advertising billboards.
    Inside, it is dark, and cool, and very eclectic-looking.
    The pool and bar area in back is very nice -- a great place to hang out after a long day at the c.c.
    There is a small parking lot; you get a ticket when you check in that entitles you to park in the lot.
    The bar opens at 4 PM LOL.

There were a lot of people checking in, so the place does get busy. We weren't able to go look at the rooms (the owner wasn't around), but I hope to do that soon.

It is not the Ritz, or a Sheraton, or a Hilton, but it looked OK to us.

The only problem is that restaurant options are very limited. There is an Italian restaurant next door which apparently is only open at night, and the car wash around the corner apparently sells Mexican food :), but you will want to think about taking the train or the DASH buses to downtown L.A. to get something to eat, if you're staying here without a car.

10. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Thanks to everyone for the information, suggestions, links, etc. One of the pictures looks like the Fig is across a highway and farther than two blocks away from the LACC. Must be my smudged glasses. :-B Flying from the East Coast to the West Coast is a big deal for me. Never done it before. Can I do this - alone? :eek: Gonna try! :D

Edit: Hey, I have a hotel res but I didn't put in for the vacation time. What am I thinking? :oops: I better do that pronto Monday because people like taking vacation during Memorial Day weekend big time at my job.

11. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Is the Sheraton too far from the convention center ? It is too late to find a room there? :confused:

12. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    Name (board or RL) Nick (Azrael)

Fan Force? Y/N (Y)

Where from? Launceston, Tasmania, Australia

Arrivial/departure dates? 23-29th of may

Who's with you? at the moment just me. I'm attempting to talk a few friends into going. I'll be meeting up with a group of friends I met at C3 as well

And my workmates think I'm nutz.....well I am....but that's besides the point. C4 here I come...

13. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Depends on what you mean by too far, Patty. Don't forget, there is a room block being held by GenCon; if the Sheraton is included, it will be on the shuttle route. Other than the Fig and the Holiday Inn, there is nowhere to stay right at the convention center.

14. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    "Just to let everyone know what is going on with the Hotels (I spent over an hour with four different ones yesterday..) Here is what I posted on the FF boards.

Well, latest hotel update. After being told I could book a room, they now inform me (and I called about 4 places) that ALL of them have a 100% hold on the rooms and rooms will ONLY be able to be booked through a Housing Service. NO rooms have been booked at the hotels in question. Plus there will be a "substantial financial penalty" (they're quote) if they attempt to book one. So no one has a room at any of the close hotels...they even checked their computers to make sure... But everyone said they would get ahold of me as soon as they got the info on who is handling the rooms and when the bookings could start.

Gonna be a bleed'n madhouse!"
    This was posted by master kenobi on another board. Could the Fig be shinin' us on?

15. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    The Fig may not be part of the room block as they usually do that with the chain hotels.

16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I was going to say...

The Fig is an independantly owned Hotel - Most of us got our reservations directly from Uno (the owner). Holiday Inn ect ect are part of a large corp that have to follow large corp rules and until Uno gets bought out by Gen con, I don't see that being an issue.:p

17. yodakarma

Nov 9, 2004
    The Fig is not part of any reservation network. The only way to put a hold on rooms would be to ask the owner, but if he says no there is nothing they can do.

18. DERTHH_MAWLZ

DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Master star 1

Aug 5, 2005
    Name (board or RL): Joe (Derthh Mawlz)
    Fan Force: Yes - Commonwealth Cantina
    Arrivial/departure dates? 23rd - 29th
    Who's with me: Not sure yet, may make it a family vacation, may be going alone. Have a room booked at the Fig with two single beds.

19. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Must be the glasses. The Fig is not across a highway from the LACC. It's only a block away. The Holiday Inn is right across the street and from what I understand the next block over is the Fig.

20. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    After reading the above posts and knowing about the 100 percent lock on other rooms, I am really glad we are at the Fig! :D

I booked the Marriott Courtyard for C3 about a year out as a backup and I am glad I did! When the hotel block rooms were released, I could not get through at all. I am so happy that this board pointed the way this time. I am getting more and more exicted about our choice.

Have anyone heard if it is all booked up yet?

Lufta

21. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Thanks. I've wiped them since my last post so I shouldn't have this problem again. ;)

Well, it's looking more and more like the Fig is the best choice. Whoo-hoo! :)

22. yodakarma

Nov 9, 2004
    I just booked here too, only twins left. 134.00 Rate. I know I will definitely be staying here even when they announce the blocks because it seems so cool.

23. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    My husband and I are trying to come up with an idea for identifying people who are in our group while at the convention. He is an Electrical Engineer and he wants to make something really unique. So if anyone has any suggestions...for example...a light up lightsaber pin that you can attach to you lanyard...or something technical, just let me know and I will run it by him. Now obviously we can offer our free time to build or make these, but the materials will cost money, so if we come up with an idea, we will price the materials and let everyone in on it. You can either build it yourself or we can build it for you, with reimbursement.

LETS JUST GET SOME IDEAS TOGETHER FIRST.

24. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Thank you Vale. :) If I don't hear anything from my group till Tuesday I am going to call a hotel and try to reserve a room. Might the Sheraton or Fige.. I think that I saw stapples two or three blocks from the Sheraton... Is stapples near to the convention center?

I promised my son to book a room when I can. He is worry to miss celebration 4. Is the first time that he is going to a event like that.

25. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    That sounds very cool. I have no ideas at this point but I'll see what I can come up with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.