main
side
curve

The Force at the Figueroa

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    There are Magnetic pins the attatch to shirts that flash. Perhaps the imperial symbol flashing and have something below the symbol saying "The Fig Group" Or something like that. LOL

2. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    That's an excellent idea. I think we should start a thread with just the names of the people staying at the Fig... so we can get together the night before the convention or something.

3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Force Ghost star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Should be something... Moroccan? I would suggest something Mid easterninsh but I think the TSA would think we're all a bunch of terrorist or something...:oops:

4. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Patty, the Staples Center is next door to the convention center. It is an arena; it's where the Lakers, Clippers and Kings play. It's also a entertainment venue -- Madonna was going to be performing there on Saturday, the day we did the road trip. It's amazing how many trucks a show like that uses :).

5. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Wonder if the truck was for the show equipment or her ego.[face_laugh]

6. Darth_Nevoc

Darth_Nevoc Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2004

when the Stones did their last major tour they actually had 2 complete setups in about 40 trucks each. they leapfrogged each other. i heard at least a third of those trucks were for Keith Richards' drugs and Mick Jagger's lips alone!

7. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Haha.. now they need a truck for all of Richards medical equipment. That fool went and busted his noggin falling out of a tree.

8. Darth_Nevoc

Dec 26, 2004

it figures that all the drugs in the world wont touch him, but a bloody coconut nearly killed him. i love the Robin williams skit:

"We'll all be dead and buried, but there will be Keith Richards with 5 cockroaches. He'll look down at one of them and go <limey voice>'You know I smoked your uncle...**** crazy...</limey voice>"

9. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Well the Husband came up with a really cool idea for the lanyards. He suggested making flat Vader chest boxes with blinking LED's that can easily be attached to the lanyard itself. It would lay over top of the badge, but can easily be pulled up to reveal the badge itself. He said he would have to buy flat LED's and then some plastic sheeting and ink for the printer and some wiring. He said it would be a coll project. So just give me your guys input and we will go from there.

THINK COOL!!!

10. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    that would be very cool... I would be game for that to know who of us is who

11. buggyvirus1

Jan 13, 2005
    I would be as well. Hook us up. LOL

12. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Thank you Vale. :)

13. DarthBarbieDoll

DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    Name (board or RL) DarthBarbieDoll/Rhonda

Fan Force? Y/N No, I'm a 501st member though. :)

Where from? Blue Springs, MO

Arrival/departure dates? May 23/May 28

Who's with you? Hopefully my best friend Lori can make the trip. We've been to all of the Celebrations together so far.

Amidala081499, that is a great idea for a special badge for the Fig crew! Count me in for one of the special Fig Vader chest boxes. :)

14. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    If that doesn't work out, how about these?
    http://www.thingsyouneverknew.com/website/store/product_detail.asp?UID=2006060612283670&item%5Fno=81445&keyword=JWEAR&cat%5Fkeyword=JWEAR&search%5Fpage%5Fno=2

15. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Those badges are cool, but they lack that Star Wars luster. We will be looking into pricing over the weekend, we need to get these started if we are going to make them because we will have to mass produce them. It looks like this would be the materials list: thin plastic sheeting, ink, 4 red LED's, 1 blue LED, thin wiring, thin black foam to protect the back with the wires. I have a hole punch for my scrapbooking so I will donate that to the cause.

My husband Shane said that he cannot make the chest box blink in the correct vader sequence, like he did on his vader costume, because of costs, he would need a bread board and more materials, and we are trying to make this affordable for everyone. They will blink, just not in the correct sequence.

On the badges we will put on them, somewhere on the bottom of the chestbox...The Force is Strong at the Figureroa..unless someone else could come up with a better slogan. I need to know how we can work out a payment system and shipping system. I would like to have these all shipped out by january. After we price the materials we will find out from all of you what you think a fair price would be per badge. Like I said we are not doing this to make money, we just think it would be cool to have something that none of the other hotels have. We are donating our time to make this Celebration a very special experience.

SHOULD I MAKE A SEPARATE THREAD FOR THIS INFO?

16. Darth_Nevoc

Dec 26, 2004
    ephantmon of the RebelScum boards had this to say about the Fig. "I called that hotel and they told me it was full as of 11am this morning, so I my wife did some searching and she got us a double queen bed room at the days inn 2 blocks from the convention center for 69.00 a night"

keep in mind that he was incorrect about the Days Inn. It was a Comfort Inn that was a mile and a half away.

regardless, the Fig is full folks. there is speculation that the Holiday Inn (which is the only closer hotel) may be set aside for vendors, staff and guests of the Con, and no antendees will get rooms there. So we may very well be the closest group to the con hotel-wise. Pat yourselves on the back for looking that far ahead [face_dancing]

17. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Ya know, you are more than welcome to join our Fan Force ;)

18. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm so glad I listened to my gut, I knew something like this would happen.

19. buggyvirus1

Jan 13, 2005
    I am so glad we booked ahead. I am patting myself on the back right now. woohooo

20. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    dude buggy, high five!

we actually booked four rooms (8 people) so I promise if we don't use all of them we'll let people know. :)

21. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Maybe the these will be the rooms the fan club offers. It's the only thing that makes sense. How can they allow vendors to stay at the Holiday Inn and not us peons?

22. buggyvirus1

Jan 13, 2005
    I think tey did that for other hotels at past Celebrations. Certain hotels were only for the people who worked or had booths at the conventions. Seems resanable to me. I meen you want your participants to have a place to stay.

23. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Hmm. There really is no room at the inn. My friend wants to go now so I was going to try to switch to a room with two beds, but there's no vacancy. At least I was able to confirm today that I actually have a reservation at the Fig. I don't particularly want to share a bed but at least it's a queen and not a double. I do however want to share the hotel cost so if she goes, it'll be worth it.

Wow, a real Star Wars convention! The 30th anniversary of a galaxy far, far away...! It's a whole year away and I'm excited! [face_dancing]

24. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    anapad, bring along an inflatable air mattress for your friend to sleep on.

25. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    I'd feel rude if I tried to put her on the floor. Plus, I know her; she won't go for it. And I know I'm not sleeping on the floor. [face_not_talking] So we'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.