main
side
curve

The Force at the Figueroa

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Anapad, you can switch rooms with me. I have two twin beds room and I need single bed room, as I am staying with my husband. Just let me know.

2. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    For everyone on about the Holiday Inn the convention center Housing bureau has put a block on the hotel, they should be letting people book in a few weeks. I'm going to be calling them everyday until they drop the block, then I'll post here and let everyone know.

3. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    The Holiday Inn is blocked off for the celebrities and GEN-CON workers, I sincerely doubt that they will have very many open rooms. I would be surprised if anyone actually got in, but it could happen.

4. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Amidala081499, I want to thank you again for starting this thread. With the Fig all booked and with the HI all blocked, reality has set in. Thank you, thank you, thank you for getting us to act!

It is so much fun to "start C4 early". Let try to keep this thread going!

I wonder how many of the Fig folks frequented your thread and heeded your words. I am sure you will be a popular person at the Fig come May 2007!

[:D] Lufta Shif

5. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I've already asked this on another thread. Anybody feeling smug yet?

6. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    smug
    One entry found for smug.

Main Entry: smug
    Pronunciation: 'sm&g
    Function: adjective
    Inflected Form(s): smug·ger; smug·gest
    Etymology: probably modification of Low German smuck neat, from Middle Low German, from smucken to dress; akin to Old English smoc smock
    1 : trim or smart in dress : SPRUCE
    2 : scrupulously clean, neat, or correct : TIDY
    3 : highly self-satisfied

7. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Yup, put me down for #3 on that list! Ha!

8. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Thank you Lufta for those very nice words, it means alot to me. I just cannot wait to get these badges done, they are gonna be the bomb.

9. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    I am very glad that I heeded the words to book now and so did several of my friends (Lukeskiewalker, MaraJadeRaven, and Jedi Dajuan that I know of so far)

10. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Just an FYI -- this is what is postered on the side of the Figueroa at the present:
    [image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/FigueroaLeftSide.jpg]

11. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Well dangum!!!! Ain't that perty? I'm sure glad they decided to advertise cell phones and not tampons.

12. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Didja HAVE to point that out? Now there's no tellin' what hygiene product will be up there by next year.

13. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Like Tucks medicated pads? [face_mischief]

14. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I've already asked this on another thread. Anybody feeling smug yet?

Quite :D
    Now, lets hope that everything goes well when actually showing up at the hotel...

15. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    I did not realize the hotel was this large, from the pictures it looks to be a small hotel. WOW, I can just see a giant Star Wars banner on the side of the hotel...maybe they will put our chest box badges on the side...that would be awesome.

16. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Yeah, my feeling exactly. I go from smug to worried, smug to worried... [face_praying]

Lufta

17. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    ditto
    :cool: [face_praying] :cool: [face_praying] :cool: [face_praying] :cool: [face_praying] :cool: [face_praying]

18. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    What can we do to relieve our fear? Keep calling to confirm our reservations? No, as I am afraid the manager will get angry and cancel. Oh what to do, what to do... [face_hypnotized]

19. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    "Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering."

perhaps we should meditate?
    ]-}

20. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    All you really need to do is call the hotel a week before you arrive in order to confirm your reservations. (but if it makes you feel any better call a month and a week ahead... never can be too safe). [face_peace]
    As for the advertising, it all adds to the experience that is C4!

21. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    "Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering."

Yeah, but it would be our suffering :p

22. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm giving Uno another month and I'm going to call to verify. He's actually very good with responding to emails. Then I'll do it again another month or so from then and so on. We're very lucky to have rooms at the Fig. While everyone else is riding on a crowded shuttle, we'll be a block away!!!!

23. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    I am very happy with my reservations. We scored big on this one. C4 is less than 5 min away on foot. :D I will be calling every couple of months as well. Don't want to lose my spot. LOL

24. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I wanted to get in at the Fig, but missed it. I am still hoping for at least a few nights at the Holiday Inn. If not, I have a room all booked and ready to go somewhere else. I would like to stop the Fig one night and hang out with my celebration IV posse though. All my peeps up for welcoming a visitor in your lobby?

25. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Everyone close your eyes, breathe deep and repeat after me,

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.