main
side
curve

The Force at the Figueroa

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
  2. This-is-my-sock

This-is-my-sock Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2005
    will you all be eating a strict diet of figgy pudding and fig newtons while wearing your figgy badges?

3. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    *sigh* please tell me the jokes get better

4. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    OK...due to a request for better jokes, here's one I got out of my husbands Maxim Magazine.

Two blondes are talking and the one blond says to the other blond "Which do you think is farthest away, Florida or the Moon?"

Well after a short moment to think the "SMART" blond says....daaaahhhhhh you can't see Florida.

Now, my hubby is just carrying on the tradition of teasing me because of my locks. When his Dad was alive, together they were like Sith Lords, trying to see which one could make me cry first from teasing me. Well, after 15 years of torment, I can say, I no longer cry I just feed it right back at him. May his Dad rest in piece, but when I get up there he is in huge trouble, cause the geriatric jokes are gonna fly!!!

5. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    OK...I JUST COULD NOT RESIST...HERE IS ANOTHER ONE...

Why do blind people go skydiving?

ok

ok

ok

Give up?

Because it scares the hell out of the dogs!!!

I had a real laugh with the first one, but this one was for sick humored people...sorry I am sick humored.

This is another one from Maxim. They have some real good ones, but I will keep them for next time.

6. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    I hear ya on the teasing thing...
    Being blond I've heard more than my fair share of blond jokes.

7. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    A least we can say blonds have more fun. :D

8. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Here..Here..on that blond thing.

Also, because I am blond, I sometimes use it to my advantage, like when I get pulled over for some reason, I act either flirty or ditsy, depending on the officer, and I usually get off with a warning.

So it does have its advantages.

9. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    A blonde calls the Fire Dept. "Help my house is on fire!" she says. "How do we get there?" says the fireman. "Duh, big,red truck!" sez the blonde.

10. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    [face_laugh]Yes it does![face_mischief]

11. buggyvirus1

Jan 13, 2005
    I have been pulled over once in my life, and I happened to get the only female cop in town. I didn't even get a waening fo it being my first time. She gave me a 60 dollar ticket and went on her way. Everyone else I know has always got a warning on their first offense.

Also being that she was a female cop, I figured the ditsy blond thing wouldn't have worked.

12. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Yep, those women cops act as though they have something to proove. I mean being a woman myself and having a girl friend who is a cop, she says that people take advantage that she is a woman so she has to be a little bad a**ed. Now my hubby has a guy friend who is a cop and he said that the women are worse than the men when it comes to ticket giving.

13. buggyvirus1

Jan 13, 2005
    I agree with that assesment. The one chick cop here has an attitude issue with something to prove and does not give any breaks. So needless to say, my first time pulled over gave me my first ticket. LOL

14. buggyvirus1

Jan 13, 2005
    So I have heard that the fig is not even putting people on a waiting list anymore. I am so glad that My friends and I booked like 4 rooms. I guess that was smart on our part. LOL

15. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    The receptionist told me that the waiting list is all full up. I checked and she said it is unlikely they will even have any rooms opened up for the waiting list people, hence they stopped putting people on a list. So, I will keep everyone informed in the event that I hear anything.

I plan on having some of my relatives go and check on the Fig for me, since they live very near LA. So, they told me that they would check it out for me and make sure it is not a bad place to stay. I got into real trouble with the same relatives for not staying with them when we are there, but I said I wanted the full STAR WARS EXPERIENCE, and I cannot have that if I am not in the middle of the action. So, we remedied the situation by staying 10 days, so we can still visit them for a few day...and stay with them...while we are there. WAY TO MANY CHEEKPINCHERS...BETTER HAVE MY SKIN TOUGHENED UP BEFORE WE GO.

16. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    It is not a bad place to stay, although I understand that the manager has "issues." It is just old and eclectic, and the rooms are very small, dark and bare. And at night there just isn't anywhere to visit "right there," nothing like the mall and the restaurants and the other hotels in Indianapolis. If you are used to staying in Hiltons and Hyatts, and expect that kind of level of comfort and service, you will not get that at the Figueroa.

17. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    but it looks like it has a ton of character.....

guess that's been noted just a few times.

18. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    We'll be in a hotel full of Star Wars Fans. After waiting in line overnight for Lucas at C3 comfort is not a issue for me...as for service...you do remember that GenCon is running this yes? sorry I couldn't resist. What kind of distance are we talking about to get to the mall etc...?

19. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I meant that only as a comparison; there are no shopping areas adjacent. The closest mall (albeit very small) is the one at 7th and Figueroa, which is really quite close because of the train line. Walkable too, only about six blocks.

20. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Ask them to pay attention to the staff & management. I originally wanted to book this hotel but was turned off by the negative comments on the Tripadvisor website. Some reviews stated that the manager was extremely rude:

"It doesn't matter that the hotel was a fair value in terms of price, as anything moderately positive I might be able to say about the place is overshadowed by the fact that the staff and service was among the worst in the industry. I actually left and found another place to stay for this reason alone. They remind me of the Seinfeld episode of the Soup Nazi- they provide a fairly decent price in trems of comparible hotels which brings people back inspit of the fact that you are treated as if you owe them a HUGE favore."

While others said that they had no problem with management:

"The management was friendly and the pool was nice."

Because of the inconsistent reviews about management, especially Uno, I decided not to book. I work with a woman who has a bipolar disorder and it is not fun. The reviews on Tripadvisor about the management at the Fig remind me of people like this woman and I just do not like to deal with that.

21. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Think about that Tripadvisor thing...most people who are pleased with a hotel never, ever leave comments. Whereas, when people are angry, uncomfortable, ect...they are more apt to leave a comment. I personally only leave comments when I am really ticked off, I rarely, and I mean almost never, leave comments when I am happy with a hotel.

If there were only a few negative comments then they do not have any weight with my decision. My feelings are this...If Celebrities use this hotel for after parties, then it must be a good hotel. Also, the pool area is the best in the area.

22. --Azrael--

Mar 8, 2005
    I'm hoping to have little to do with the staff. Hopefully my time spent in the hotel will be for power naps, showers, and storage. I have a week to fit in as much star wars fun as I can. I can't wait to meet everyone from on here and geeking out for 5 days.

23. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Most of the complaints are either related to the staff and lack of amenities and lighting in the rooms. This really does not bother me at all. Maybe Uno is rude, who knows? I just will not take any of it personally and enjoy myself.

24. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Force Ghost star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Ditto!!

And Uno was nothing but pleasent when I spoke to him - all those negs seemed to suggest that he has no tolerance for idiots - mind you, neither do I so we'd get along fine! :p

25. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    I can vouch for that, she barely tolerates me ;)

But in all seriousness, I agree, it looks like those complaints were from people who are lacking a few common sense brain cells

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.