main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Force at the Figueroa

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    He's been great to me... guess that's not saying much. =)

2. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Tofu and I have had no problems with Uno. He has been great

3. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    PLEASE SEE THE FIGUEROA BADGE THREAD FOR THE FULL ISSUE:

In a message dated 7/24/2006 5:53:26 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, amidala081499@yahoo.com writes:
    Hello,

We already have reservations...I just needed some details about the room that I asked in the first email. I do not require any reservations because, like I said I already have reservations and a confirmation number. Please help me with the questions I had in my oiginal email. Thank you so very much for all the time you are spending with me to help me out.

Mrs. Anderson

Unofig@aol.com wrote:
    In a message dated 7/24/2006 5:44:20 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, amidala081499@yahoo.com writes:
    Hello,

We will be staying next May, it is for a Star Wars convention. It is the 23rd-28th. Thank you so very much!!!

Mrs. Anderson

Unofig@aol.com wrote:
    In a message dated 7/23/2006 11:20:54 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, amidala081499@yahoo.com writes:
    Hi,

My family and I are traveling to LA and will be staying in your
    hotel. I was curious about the rooms. I looked on the website and it
    showed what the rooms looked like, but it did not show ours. We are staying
    in a double bedded room and only the queen doubles are shown. Also, is
    there enough room in the room for my kids to play a little, like floor
    space. I really enjoy your decor and it looks to be a very nice hotel.
    I cannot wait to stay there. Oh, one more question, do the rooms have
    refrigerators...my baby will be with us and requires formula, and do
    you have room service? Thank you for answering all my questions, it is
    rather kind of you!!!

Best Reguards,
    Mrs. Anderson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you Yahoo!?
    Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
    When is your reservation?

Uno Thimansson
    Figueroa Hotel, 939 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles CA 90015
    TEL. 213-627-8971 FAX 213-689-0305 EMAIL unofig@aol.com
    http://www.figueroahotel.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.
    Regrettably we are already sold out.

Uno Thimansson

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messengerâ??s low PC-to-Phone call rates.
    The room assigned for you is a double/double. Size is 200 square feet only and frankly I think you will be uncomfortable there.
    We are just a little primitive tourist hotel and not as good as some of the other properties downtown.
    Just wanted you to know.

Uno Thimansson

4. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    (I am posting this response here as well as the Fig Badge thread.)

From what I have learned, the Fig is set up for convention goers who do not want to stay in cookie-cutter hotels. Uno hopes that his guests will appreciate the unique atmosphere. He seems very proud of his hotel and I think folks run into trouble when they expect more than he has to offer.

I would not expect fridges in every room, high speed internet connections, or top-notch service that folks have come to expect from other well-known business hotels.

I would expect a quirky, other-worldly atmosphere (think busy market street in Tatooine), hundreds of enthusiastic fellow guests (hey we better be enthusiastic if be had to book so early!) and a low-key, European-travel-hotel style of "service" (Uno).

I hope you can get a resolution to your dilemma. You, of all people oh-leader-of-the-Fig-pack, should be happy. :) Just remember Uno cannot give you want he does not (the Fig does not) have.

Lufta Shif

5. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I agree with the cookie cutter hotel thing, but it just worried me because I have two small kids and I was very scared by the emails I received from Uno and family members, who visited the hotel for me, since I could not being from the east coast and eveything.

I was never worried about not having a place to sleep, heck if my hubby and I were alone I would just sleep in a tent, but my kids needed room to play.

I liked the decor and I liked what I saw on the website, but when you get emails saying that the website does not show the whole picture, you tend to get scared, especially when you got kids. It just seemed to me from all the correspondence with Uno that he did not have it all upstairs. I mean if you read the whole email he does not seem to read the email in entirety. I mean at first he thought I was asking for a reservation, yet I never asked him that.

I was just worried, it is not like I can just go to LA and see for myself, so I was relying on others to help me out.

However, I did call the hotel directly last night and spoke to another person who works at the hotel (as I mentioned in the Badge thread) and my mind is alot more at rest. I mean for all seriousness, we only need a place to sleep because most of the time we will be spendig at the center.

Anyway, glad to be better at peace!!!

6. buggyvirus1

Jan 13, 2005
    Glad you feel better. I understand how you feel when it comes to hotel rooms. I am just glad I got one as early as I did.

7. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    I am also glad you are resting easier, Amidala081499! Do not worry, we will all make sure things are awesome at the Fig! We owe you a lot for leading the way! [:D]

Lufta Shif

8. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    (I am attempting to revive this thread in case there are some fellow Figs out there who are not getting a badge and therefore are not following the Fig badge thread.)

Does anyone know how many folks the Fig allows in a room with two twins? I have a one roommate, but now she thinks she is bringing another person. I am afraid to ask Uno! [face_worried]

Lufta

9. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I don't think you can have more then 3 to a room so you're okay.

10. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Thanks for the super quick reply. The other person is my SW buddy's 18 year old son, so I'm sure he would not mind sleeping on the floor. :) I was worried this was not allowed and that Uno would cancel our reservation if I inquired about it. [seinfled soup nazi] No room for you! [/seinfled soup nazi] Thanks, Grumpy. :)

Lufta

(3 edits: typos!)

11. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Lufta, I have a two twin room. When I made the reservation it was originally for 3 people, uno had no problem with that. But he did tell me that there could be nor more than that in the room. your friend can also rent a rollaway bed for her son for 15 dollars a night, or she could bring an air mattress (that is what I was going to do until my daughter decided she doesn't want to go)

12. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    This is great news. I was thinking of a sleeping bag, but a air mattress or roll-a-bed would be more comfortable for him. Thanks!

Lufta

13. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    The Fig is gonna be turned into our very own Echo Base. [face_dancing]

14. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Yes, the Fig will be the place to stay at C4! Thank you, once again, Amidala!

Lufta

15. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Yes, I am quite excited to be staying there. We should start a thread with all the names of the people actually staying at the Fig... I'm kinda curious as to how many of us there are... well from this group anyway. Other then about 5 or 6 posters, this forum has been dead.

-GJ

16. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    What's a fig?

Why are we talking about the card game Uno in a Star Wars message board?

[face_dancing]

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Good idea. That way we can keep track of who we will be meeting once we all arrive at the Fig.

18. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    What do you think the title should be?

"If you're staying at the Figueroa, post here!"

That is short and sweet, but should I say something else? And do you think I need to reiterate "screen names only?" I think for privacy reasons, we need to do that, don't you?

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Val, the title of the thread is fine with me. Short and to the point is all that is needed here. And yes, screen names only just to make everyone feel comfortable.

It should definitely be a running thread, as there could be late additions to the list if reservations get canceled at the Fig and new people from the Fig Reservation wait list get rooms.

20. buggyvirus1

Jan 13, 2005
    We rented 4 rooms and yet we are stil short on space. I am glad to hear that three people could possibly stay in the same hotel. LOL

21. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    How much is the room cost in the Fig? :confused:

22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I reserved two rooms at the Fig right after C4 was officially announced - a Single occupant and a Double occupant.

Single = $125 per night
    Double = $135 per night

23. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Just in case you were wanting this info to try to book there I wanted to point out that they are sold out :'(

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Okay, I am way late but I had a busy summer.

Name (board or RL) RebelMom/Cheryl

Fan Force? Y/N Y. Formerly Mos Everett Cantina, currently Two Suns

Where from? formerly Everett, Washington, currently Tucson, AZ

Arrivial/departure dates? Not sure. Depends on the job I'm still looking for.

Who's with you? Rooming with my C3 buddy, Cate. I did the booking last time and got double booked out. *grumbles at Orbitz* I let her do the booking this time.

25. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Welcome, RebelMom. :) Power to the Figs! [face_peace]

Sometimes I wonder if I can actually do this - travel far far away, from the extreme east coast to the extreme west coast, to a city I've never been and where I don't know anyone, to stay at a funky little hotel possibly owned by a strange mercurial man who might claim there's 'no room at the inn' for me (You don't have a reservation here! Get out!) as I stand there like a lost Bambi forlornly clutching her little suitcase as other cheerful laughing SW conventioneers blithely check in and spare not a thought for my distress [face_worried]...What if I've sacrificed time and money for months for this trip and the convention is terrible?...:_|...

Whew! Okay, I got that out of my system. Everything will be fine! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.