main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Um, have you read the thread title? You seem to have ventured into the wrong thread if you want to avoid spoilers. :p

2. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    So "Jedi Killer" is Kylo Ren's nickname in the First Order - that seems like the old rumor of "Jedi hunters" taking power after ROTJ might have sprung from that? Also interesting that it states that he's the "most powerful" of Snoke's apprentices, plural - I've always assumed that he was the only one of the Knights of Ren who were actually Force-sensitive.

Great Scourge of Malachor - hah, after all the rumors, they actually did connect him to KOTOR too, however tangentially.

Also funny that Lor San Tekka kind of reminds me of Wilford Brimley in Ewoks: Battle for Endor... Also, I'm really hoping that in the new canon, the Church of the Force will be connected to the Church of the Dark Side...

3. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    It wasn't specifically for you. :p

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  4. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Ok then, we are in agreement. :p

I wonder how that works, seeing as the possible other Knights don't have sabers, just guns and melee weapons.
    Yeah, I loved that. Assuming it is a literal reference to the Battle of Malachor V.
    I seem to recall something similar in the EU. Maybe the old Marvel comics or something, where there were religious people invested in the Force like that.

New SPOILER image, this time from TFA ICS:

Good_News_Nobody likes this.
  5. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    EDIT: Double post.

6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That the Senate has a page in the index gives me hope of a Coruscant cameo, though MSW did not indicate that.
    This armistice sounds very interesting and that the NR is still extant sounds as if the galaxy is in the midst of a Cold War. This all sounds glorious to me. The tie-in material for the film has plenty of potential.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Came here to post this pic of PT-style OT posters. Read those spoiler images. They are DEFINITELY spoilers. Especially Kylo Ren.

[​IMG]

Darthmaul208 and TheRedBlade like this.
  8. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Some major, major stuff about Kylo in his image that quite possibly confirms several other major rumors too.

The good news is that the image only confirms backstory material.

But hoooooo boy.... if the other rumors have some weight to them... Thursday is going to be interesting.

Ghost likes this.
  9. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    lol so
    han and leia got married and had a kid who was a Bad Egg i guess and he singlehandedly wiped out luke's entire nascent order and luke's response to it was to go mope in his Sadness Castle on aquaris or wherever while han's was to... leave leia and go back to being a smuggler?? also he lost the Falcon somehow, because reasons? also so luke's only been missing for like what ten, fifteen years tops, unless bb kylo ren was like 3 when he wiped out luke's first class? which makes the whole mystery legendy bs even stupider (and it was already hella stupid?)

also maz kanata is basically talon karrde and vergere had a baby? and that baby was a naked mole rat with astigmatism??

also im glad they chucked most of the eu but kept one of the stupidest bits of it, which is 1/3 of the galaxy to the immediate west of Coruscant being the Unknown Regions. lol. although i guess now that the galaxy consists of like fifteen planets it doesn't matter anyway
    lol what brilliant reboot they've cooked up here

10. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Your bitterness is laughable. Yawn. Wait until you actually see it.

11. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    yeah not eagerly lining up to suckle at the Mouse's teat def makes me the laughable one here lol

MagnaZero and Darth_Foo like this.
  12. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Or people in general. I suggest not going outdoors and just locking yourself in a sealed room with no outside contact. Just be sure to take enough food and drink with you to last out the wait.

13. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
  14. AlyxDinas

AlyxDinas Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2010

Live and let live. You're not losing anything if you don't believe you've gained anything to begin with. Some folks like it, you apparently hate it. Oh. Well.

Ulicus likes this.
  15. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    he called my bitterness laughable tho i just had to respond :(

16. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm sorry, Trip.

17. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    well... well....... apology accepted

>_>

and ummm well i guess i'm also sorry for implying you wished to drink milk directly from a mouse, that was childish and probably slightly gross of me

18. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Actually, am I the only one who thinks this feels... weird, that we have a new Star Wars film coming out in less than a week in which...
    ...the Empire retreated to the Unknown Regions after signing an armistice wth the New Republic and returned in a new form under the leadership of a mysterious new warlord, Luke started a Jedi Academy which was destroyed by his nephew who turned to the dark side, and Han Solo returned to smuggling after a traumatic event?
    I mean, there's no EU, but it looks like there is all sorts of EU-ness everywhere. We're getting a film with all that stuff, a post-RotJ film! Like it or not, how @#%£¥ weird is that?

19. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    pretty ashley weird tbh

20. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    This Friday, Darth Caedus is coming to a theater near you. :D

21. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Darth Caedus with a dash of Darth Revan sprinkled on top. :p

Darthmaul208, AusStig and Starkeiller like this.
  22. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    A cool tidbit from
    That cargo ship image: Sabodor's petshop on Etti IV from Han Solo at Stars' End gets a mention.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    While I think the film's gonna be brilliant, if anyone in the movie so much as drinks hot chocolate, I swear I'm denouncing this series forever and leaving the theater then and there.
    Already the parallels with the post-NJO are hilarious. Kylo better have been an evil ass from the start and not some altruistic savior before he went bad.

I really really really really hope some clever author finds a way to insert a subtle Empire of the Hand/Nirauan reference to the Starkiller planet's location. I mean I'm totally with the folks who think it could be Ilum, but... it's so close to Nirauan, and so many people have been begging for a conclusion to the EofH plot for decades, that it would be hilarious to make some sort of joking reference to it somewhere. Something subtle. Something that won't piss off anti-Legends fans but that those who get the joke would appreciate.

24. djemsostylist

djemsostylist Jedi Knight

Mar 8, 2012
    way to steal my thoughts Trip :p

also this begs the question:
    is Kylo Ren a child-killer or a child killer?

25. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    I can't believe they made the period between Jedi & Force Awakens so depressing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.