main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    you're giving me traumatic flashbacks of Masters of Teras Kasi

Abadacus likes this.
  2. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Perfect.

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

I love you.

4. Matt Skywalker

Matt Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 26, 2014

Ah so that's a screenshot of Mortal Kombat X ?

Zorrixor and Ulicus like this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    What trauma could possibly arise from that? It's not Jedi Power Battles or Super Bombad Racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ulicus likes this.
  6. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Or the <shudder> Episode I game. :_|

Matt Skywalker likes this.
  7. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I know.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You people are weird. Jedi Power Battles and the TPM game were awesome back in the day.

I never got to try Teras Kasi until years and years after it came out, and it was so terribly bad.

Rogue Five and Zorrixor like this.
  9. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I quite liked JPB, tbh.

Matt Skywalker and TheRedBlade like this.
  10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    TPM was a guilty pleasure of mine back in the day. I had tons of fun with that game. I never got to play Power Battles as I didn't have the right console for it, but I desperately wanted to back at the time, due to all the extra characters you could play.

And... Teras Kasi... yeah... I did play it, but I sucked so badly and consequently found it awful. (Admittedly, I've never been a huge beat em' up fan though.)

11. Darth Koo

Darth Koo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2013
    One of the best fighting series ever made (Mortal Kombat) and one of the best video games theme songs. As far as movies go...they were ok. We need Masters of Teras Kasi vs Mortal Kombat game so bad. Please Disney make this happen!

On topic now, I hope Ford heals quickly, and I hope he can still shoot scenes in his cast.

12. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Man, that music takes me back...

I remember being a complete dimwit when I saw the film and thinking when he shouts "MORTAL KOMBAT!" that he was saying "RAIDEN COME BACK!" :rolleyes:

13. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    Dude, the Phantom Menace game is like one of first Star Wars games I ever played. For much younger me, it was awesome. You could wander around Mos Espa murdering everyone in sight as Qui-Gon until they literally start nuking the place with thermal detonators to stop you. Plus it had some nice albeit limited Role Play aspects to it. Not really a good game today by any means, but come on. Massacring the town as Qui-Gon is the closest we have to Grand Theft Auto: Star wars edition. :)

14. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Ooooh, I remember trashing Mos Espa, yeah!! [face_laugh]

They really got pissed when you did that! :D

BigAl6ft6 and Rogue Five like this.
  15. Matt Skywalker

Matt Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 26, 2014
    movie Australian Kano for Episode 7.

StrikerKOJ likes this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Please tell me there's a youtube video Qui-Gon massacring Mos Espa.

Zorrixor likes this.
  17. Rogue Five

Jun 11, 2014
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    hahahaha, 1:32 seconds in and this is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. "I won't help a murderer like you!"

I hope this is part of the new canon. It took place off screen.

EDIT: the guy begging for his life and Qui-Gon murdering an Eopie is also a highlight. Geez, he's so mean!

Also at the end Qui-Gon can't live with killing what apparently looks like 6 Kitster clones in a row and jumped into a thresher to take his own life. Dark ending for a dark man.

Vthuil, Ulicus , _Catherine_ and 5 others like this.
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Vthuil, Revanfan1, Zorrixor and 2 others like this.
  20. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    What I remember is that a thug in the cantina starts punching you, and won't relent unless you kill him - upon which the entire town turns on you.

That, and beating Darth Maul within 5 seconds by Force Pushing him into the bottomless pit, upon which you get the cut scene showing him falling, cut in half.

21. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Ra's al Ghul would be proud. There was no other way to save Tatooine from its rotten state.

22. Rogue Five

Jun 11, 2014
    "Hoota! Hoota!"
    "This place is horrible! A vicious murderer has been killing people all over town!" Gotta love the fact Padm'e is the only one who had no clue Qui-gonn is the killer. Even though he kills like, a dozen people within a few feet of her.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Padmé was always the single most annoying person in that entire game. I'm trying to save her, and she yells "STOP PUSHING ME!" like an overentitled snob. Now, I usually like snobbery -- but not when it's directed at me. Then I find it annoying. :p

The video was hilarious although I remember absolutely hating Mos Espa at the time just because of how easy it was to provoke the entire city into a civil war and make the game unwinnable. Though I guess props to the game designers for making it very clear that violence is not the answer :p

Also, by far the best thing is Darth Vader's strong moral stance: "I won't help a murderer like you!" [face_laugh]

told you guys this game was great :p

edit: lol, I forgot that one of the aliens also yells "stop pushing me!" And I just love the sheer depth of dialogue they recorded for the contingency that the player would be absolutely psychotic.

24. Darth Koo

Darth Koo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2013
    Anakin quote is the best line ever in video game history for the irony alone. Now I want this game after seeing the youtube video.

Revanfan1 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. jmf4

jmf4 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 20, 2008
    I just remember it taking me forever to figure out that you could push the statue out of the Queen's way on Naboo and that you had to push crates on Coruscant as Captain Panaka to get whatever you needed to beat the level. 8 year old me did love that game though.

Abadacus and BigAl6ft6 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.