main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Force Awakens Premiere - Regal Continental 10, Friday Dec 18

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Sep 10, 2015.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Well I don't know about you guys but the more I'm thinking about this I want to see the force awakens on the RPX regardless. Marathon or not. It's a good location for me and it is one of the best theaters no, it is the best theater in town.

2. zeraduel

zeraduel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2011
    I read through the messages and am still not clear. It sounds like we are having an event Friday, Dec 18 at Regal Cinemas 10, yes? Is the plan to have an event and then see the movie together as a group OR to see the movie together as a group the night before and Friday night would be event only? I like the idea of doing the event on Friday night but my guess is we'd have to all buy our tickets well before December to get seats to an evening showing that night. Then we'd have the problem of saving seats while we were doing our event...

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    It would be great if those in the know would lay out all the facts in their entirety as to what is being planned for this event, listing dates, times, locations, parties involved, etc. Initially it was said we were doing an event both on Thursday and Friday, but everything seems to have gone out the window as of this morning. If you're wondering why people are so confused, it might be due to the lack of reliable information in this thread.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Friday

a) Yes, we are planning an event at the Continental Friday night, December 18. Time TBD. Yes, we'd host a table and then see the movie as a group that night.

b) Yes, we don't know what showtime since showtimes should be...shown...tomorrow, Monday, October 19. However, the event will run late afternoon to early evening with a showtime in the 7 or 8 pm hour, I'd imagine. Firm details to come.

c) Yes, we can firm up the time after the Continental has times on their site/via Fandango.

Thursday

Yep, if you're interested in the marathon showing at Harkins Northfield 18, tickets go on sale, tomorrow, Monday, October 19. Link to the theater's ticket sales: http://www.fandango.com/harkinsnorthfield18_aatyg/theaterpage

Yep, event Friday night 18th at Regal Cinema Continental Stadium 10 RPX (full name of theater).
    Yep, event first, then movie that night at the theater. With Ep III and Ep I in 3-D the theater saved seats/a section for us since we were supporting the event. I understand that there was discussion about the Continental donating tickets to the group and that we would in turn donate those to Urban Peak. We would then purchase our own...but they would still save us seats.

It's possible we'd see the movie Thursday night as a group, but that would involve everybody agreeing on a theater. So far the only idea in the thread is the marathon at Northfield. However, you can always buy a ticket to just TFA that night and not do the marathon. We'll know specific details tomorrow night after tickets are on sale, so stay tuned true believers!

5. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    My only question is what's the Continentals or the Harkins policy on costuming, because my plan was to go to one of the marathons dressed as Kylo Ren, but they have a no mask policy so that's out of the question I think. And I'd much rather see the movie with people I know rather than alone.

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Based on non-boards discussions, the group will be at the Regal Cinema Continental Stadium 10 RPX on Thursday night at an approximately 7 PM showing. Tix on sale tonight and final details to be posted then.

7. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    If anyone has any info on the costuming policy of the continental theater please let us know.

8. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Tickets are now on sale via movietickets.com. Opted for the 10:20 @ Continental :D

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Event is on the 18th. most likely similar to what we did for episode 1 3-D. I will find all the info about the rules and such and will post when available. with everything being up in the air on when it was coming out showtimes and such, it has been hard to 'nail down' logistics.

Here is what we know...if it's not listed, I do not know.

• Event on Friday, December 18th
    • Green Screen donations for Urban Peak (www.urbanpeak.org). I have reached out to UP to have a representative ON hand to give donations to
    • @hyperdyne is bringing R2, BB-8, and hopefully a static one for pictures (click here if you would like to help paint him!)
    • Sphero will either have a rep or send us something for a give away. she said it was too far out to confirm.
    • We will have shifts before and after the first showing (listed below) and before the last showings (listed below)
    • YOU are responsible for buying your own tickets for Friday night. IF we do have any tickets given to us, which at this time we do not, we are going to donate them to Urban Peak. I am checking to see if we can block some seats off for those volunteering...PLEASE realize this IS opening weekend of the most anticipated movie in a decade. We need to be flexible.
    • Talk about a raffle...if someone wants to spearhead that portion
    • Once we get closer, we can start a sign-up thread for the 12.18
    I THINK that is everything...again as soon as i have information it will be communicated.

he-guy and DieWompRatDie like this.
  10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Sorry, can you explain these shifts you're referring to? The first showtime of the day on Friday 12/18 is at 9am. :confused:

Regal Continental Stadium 10 & RPX
    December 18, 2015

RealD 3D:
    12:00pm | 3:20pm | 6:40pm | 10:00pm

RealD 3D RPX:
    3:50pm | 10:30pm

RPX (not 3D)
    9:00am | 12:30pm | 7:10pm

12. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I just got my marathon tickets at Harkins Northfield if anyone wants to join me. $45 for all seven movies.
    http://www.harkinstheatres.com/StarWars.aspx

Starts at 2:30am Thursday Dec 17th. Two free soda refills and two free popcorns (that should last me through the first two movies). Also, a special lanyard. I've been trying all afternoon to buy the AMC one that starts at 1:00am, but I think either they are sold out or their server crashed. I hit the 1:00am button and nothing happens. I have no idea how much that one costs, but you get a free TK pin instead of a lanyard. No mention of free soda and popcorn. I gave up and got the Harkins one.

Depending on how I feel after this marathon I might be able to come Friday afternoon to help you all out. I think I'll give up on watching anything on Friday, though. I'm praying that the garrison will do a troop at Harkins so I can get into costume for an hour or two.

13. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Hey all!

There has been some talk about doing an ALL day event on the Friday the 18th Before I approach the theater I wanted to see if there was any interested. I would need to delegate as I cannot be there the entire time.

We need a poll. LOL would you be able be there if there was an all day even or keep it in the evening? I would like to get this nailed down ASAP as I would like to have our flyers finished by the WOTR event on Halloween. gra-co_o_hun as graciously offered to create our flyer for us...because he's AWESOME!!!! *hugs* [:D]

I would say we need pretty firm answers by Friday, so we aren't rushing Cory. :)

Thanks all!!!

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    PS...I COMPLETELY forgot to mention. I have made a contact with ABC WORLD NEWS. I have invited him and his crew to this event..including our 'line party'. So that being said...we could make national news. NO promises...but ya never know! :D

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I vote for starting in the mid to late afternoon at like 3 or 4. It's a weekday and not everybody's taking the day off to go to the theater like we are, so the larger crowds will get there at like 3, I'd suspect. Plus, it's less to commit to since this is an RMFF only event since Rebel Legion and 501st folks will be at other Lucasfilm-sanctioned events.

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    [​IMG]

SOON! THIS WILL BE US WITH THE FORCE AWAKENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just some motivation for you.

zeraduel and he-guy like this.
  17. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm seeing the movie again on Friday afternoon in IMAX 3D at the Colorado Mills, then I will head over to Continental for our event. Anyone is welcome to join me at 1:20 for some IMAX goodness.

18. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Yeah, maybe a 2-8 or even 3-9 pm would be best. Kids may be getting out of school and we'd be getting viewers of the 3:20 through 7:10pm showings. (Maybe even early birds for 10pm shows). As much as I'd like to watch the movie again that night, I'd be willing to staff a table or wait for a later showing for our event during that time frame.

19. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I am willing to be there as early as noon to help set up, if anyone would like to join me.

20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Has the 7:10 pm showing Friday night been chosen as the one we're going to that night?

21. pagil m'gar

pagil m'gar Jedi Master

Oct 9, 2014

Rebel legion plans on being there. At this point we don't have any sanctioned events. They will not be set up until much later.

I have tickets for the Friday 3:50 show. I could troop after that. I would think we could do daytime Saturday.

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    The event is only on Friday, December 18th.

I like the 3-9 suggestion, he-guy !!!

I'll let other chime in but so far seems like a good time time. just my two cents..:)

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  24. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    I also think 3-9 sounds like our best option. I think setting up at noon is a bit early, but if we have that much that needs to be done, I can gladly help out.

nnaydolem likes this.
  25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OK here is a link to the Google doc...fill in your names. :)

This doc is for the Thursday lineup. Discussion has been moved to this thread.