main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Force Awakens Premiere - Regal Continental 10, Friday Dec 18

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Sep 10, 2015.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    don't use the word raffle, it's a drawing...

he-guy likes this.
  2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

I proposed number 2 as it would provide some additional excitement and a great photo opportunity before the 7 PM showing. We would be able to pick the winner and present it live. I'm sure Sphero would appreciate seeing the photo and having them tagged on our Facebook page as this would be a great way to give them some PR in exchange for their generous donation.
    It would also be better odds of winning the drawing for those going to that movie.

We could use the two "bags" method that Kim mentions for each of the two Sphero BB-8s. One for the non-mandatory attendance BB-8 we could ship later, and another for those at the 7 PM showing.

3. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I was already asked to make signs for the GSA, which I was planning on starting right after Krampusnacht. I just can't print them.

nnaydolem and he-guy like this.
  4. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    There was discussion at Saturday's meeting about how to handle the drawing, but I may have been out of the room when a decision was made how we're planning to handle it.

Could somebody post the details for the drawing?

5. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    these are the notes that I took:

To avoid potential legal issues, we need to use the term “drawing”, not raffle. We cannot sell tickets; instead we can accept voluntary donations for a chance to win the drawing. In order to avoid appearances of impropriety, RMFF members will not be eligible to win the prizes. The winners should be drawn by a member of the theatre staff, not by RMFF. Prizes will be left with the theatre manager for the winners to claim (provided the manager is OK with this arrangement). It was agreed that we should limit the number of prizes to four, so that we don’t overwhelm the theatre staff. The prizes will be 2 BB-8’s, symphony tickets and a fourth item TBD

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Hey everyone, don't forget to add your name to the signup sheet if you plan on being at the event.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  7. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    T-minus 9 days until the big event!

8. pagil m'gar

pagil m'gar Jedi Master

Oct 9, 2014
    [​IMG]

If you plan on coming in costume please follow these guidelines.

You can be outside in full costume but not in the building.

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    nnaydolem should confirm this, but she told me at one point that we would have some sort of designated area where we would be OK'd and these rules would not apply.

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Patrick & I meet with the theater last night.

This past Monday, Regal Corporate implemented a new rule as posted above. So basically, you can wear a costume, however, no mask, no face paint or no hiding your face, no ifs and or butts.

If you want to wear a stormtrooper, you can wear the bucket outside, but not inside. So if you were going to ask, well what about X. IF it covers your face in anyway than NO. period. HATS are allowed.

NO WEAPONS OF ANY TYPE, aka, blasters, light saber hilts, thermal detonators...NOTHING. So leave it at home or in your car.

We are honestly lucky to even be able to wear any costumes at all. This is from corporate, thus it must be followed as we do not want any trouble for Brad or his folks.

Thanks all.

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    The RMFF & Rebel Legion need to provide a list of folks who are volunteering. We do not need to fill out forms, however we do need your full name. So if you have signed-up, please included your full name and please have your ID available at the theater if needed. Also, if you have any family members that are coming to help, please included their names as well.

I have made a new tab on the sign-up sheet we already have for the event, please update this as necessary.

Thank you.

he-guy likes this.
  12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    T-minus 8 days until the big event!

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    T-minus 7 days!!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Please don't forget to add your names to the list! Thank you

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    and someone make sure Bammers brings an ID. :rolleyes:

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    The Items are:
    2 - BB-8s provided by Sphero
    2 - CD/Ticket packs featuring the Denver Brass and the music of John Williams

Total of four!

I have been informed that that we are up to 1000 preticket sales on Friday. QueenHighMistress is making our signs and tickets. =D= thank you thank you.

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Just got off the phone with Urban Peak. They will have a couple of volunteers at the theater from 6 - 9 PM. IT'S A WEEK FROM TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    First weather report (at least for Thursday): Mostly sunny, high near 35.

nnaydolem likes this.
  19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    T-minus 4 days until the Force Awakens!

20. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000

I added my full name to the sheet. I will bring both open-faced costumes and possibly my snow scout, if I want to walk the crowd outside of the building.

21. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Sunny for Thursday and Friday, Highs of 27 and 43, respectively.

22. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Drawing sign is complete, I just wasn't able to upload it here over the weekend.

GSA sign is in progress and will be simpler than the drawing sign.

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    GSA sign is done and pending approval. The drawing sign needed reworked since we will have a card reader available for part of the event. It is done now.

nnaydolem likes this.
  24. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    T-minus 3 days until our big event!!

25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    T-minus 2 days until we're greeting happy Star Wars fans at the Continental telling them about the RMFF, the Green Screen Adventure, and making their SW moviegoing experience totally awesome!

And, remember, we'll all have seen it, so no even hints of spoilers for the general public. Not that I think anybody would...

[​IMG]