main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Force Awakens - teaser trailer #2

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TCF-1138 , Apr 16, 2015.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    One of the most striking shots of the trailer, in my opinion:

[​IMG]

And I find it eerily similar to this moment. Shivers.

[​IMG]

The one in AotC had so much power because you know where it's leading to in the original films. I wonder what sort of presence of the [MODified: That name is a non-officially announced plot spoiler] is going to have in this film after their fall in RotJ. It seems odd to think that the Rebels are still a [so is this one] so long after the Empire's seeming collapse. Dying for the film to shed some light on all of these questions (and hoping that a future trailer leaves them at just that: questions!).

2. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001

...somewhat speculative that it is Luke touching R2 with the robotic hand. In "Return of the Jedi" and "Empire Strikes Back", Luke's mechanical hand was more natural-looking and did not look "robotic". Interestingly, the robotic hand looked somewhat similar to Anakin's hand in "Attack of the Clones" when he marries Padme. So, either somewhere down the line Luke got a somewhat more inferior replacement hand (aesthetically-speaking) or that hand belongs to someone else.

Also, there is absolutely nothing in the teaser that indicates that the lightsaber is Anakin's or Luke's. It could have been a lightsaber that belonged to someone else or was some other lightsaber constructed sometime during the 30 year interim.

Zurros Ka likes this.
  3. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    The lightsaber pretty explicitly looks like Anakin/Luke's. Sure, someone could have made one that looks the same (Anakin himself went through at least two) but who and why? Anakin is dead (or beyond this plane of existence, at least), Luke has a lightsaber of his own, and no other Jedi is going to just happen to design something that looks exactly the same as that one.

I think the intention is that it is the very lightsaber that Luke lost in Bespin.

Dewback and Darkslayer like this.
  4. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014

I think it's obvious that someone has collected these items.

Dewback and bstnsx704 like this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I think Luke is aware of a threat and is guarding against that particular threat

6. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

That was my thought as well. Vader's helmet certainly looked like it was on some sort of display pedestal.

7. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    We do not discuss leaked unofficial stuff here.

8. LieutenantMereel

LieutenantMereel Jedi Padawan

Sep 1, 2013
    Hey guys. So exactly how many of these Dark Trooper like guys are there. Most people I've seen around various sites seem to only notice one but I noticed two in the trailer, one with a cape and one in a Tie Fighter with red stripes over his/her eyes. What do you guys think?

9. Skellybobs

Skellybobs Jedi Knight

Sep 15, 2013
    I have a feeling that there is only one chrome trooper, possibly a Boba Fett type character for the new trilogy. Also, I think the character might be female, not sure why. You could be right about the Tie pilot, it's definitely chrome, but it could just be an updated standard pilot suit.

10. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    I have a hunch that the caped trooper is a clone of Boba.

11. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Did you see the same rumor site that someone posted to me the other day? Don't share that kind of thing here. I don't ever want to see that kind of thing shared here.
    There's a much better bit of speculation. Can't wait to find out...obviously this particular trooper is different!

12. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Hey, guys. I didn't see the trailer in full context until Monday and ADORED it. It had exactly what I wanted from the first one, which was fun but left me a little disappointed. And yes, I cried. Like a baby. I love all six films for the story they tell, but...the OT has the characters I've grown up with. Dad rented the VHS tapes when I was three years old and the rest is history. :cool:

It's like a distant family member or close friend you haven't seen in a very, very long time. You have old pictures and things, but it's just not the same. The occasional phone call is there but, again, it's not that same.

Then you get the Skype message. They're coming for a visit, and they're bringing new friends/second cousins you've never met. You have no idea if you'll like them or not, but have a pretty good feeling you will. [face_dancing]

It probably sounds way out there, but that's how I feel about Episode 7.

This is gonna be one heck of a ride.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  13. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    If teaser one finally made it feel real that we are getting a new Star Wars move, teaser two ( and the TFA panel) made it seem real that we are getting new Star Wars characters. Between the teaser and some of the productions stills released, we are starting to get an idea of who these characters are, at least on a very basic archetypal level.

Can't wait to learn more.

14. Dave Hoffman

Dave Hoffman Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2012
    I don't think that it's far fetched for the saber to be Anakin/Luke's. Where ever it fell could have been easily recovered, and with the Jedi all but extinct, a lightsaber would make an excellent collector's item. No one would throw it away, knowing how rare it is. Over 30 years, it could end up in the hands of a historian who knew its history, and felt it right to give it to a Skywalker. It would make sense to me, and wouldn't involve "space magic" for it to reappear.

As for the teaser, I very much enjoyed it. I've grown to detest CG environments, so hearing how it was mostly shot on-location somewhere brings a smile to my face. That "suspension of disbelief" is easier to maintain when everything isn't so shiny and clearly fake. I can only truly enjoy a movie if I can get emotionally invested in it, and the only way for me is to channel that inner 6-year old who thought movies were real. :)

I'm still coming to terms with the new characters. With all the nods to nostalgia, they seem like they don't belong. I don't even know their names. Over time, I'm sure they'll blend in to the fabric of SW, but right now... not really.

15. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Unless Leia is an orange alien in this movie I don't think it's her. Rewatch it and pause it. Leia is the one receiving the saber from a non-human character. You can sort of see the face of that character in the first few frames.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

TheOneX_Eleazar and DARTH_BELO like this.
  16. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I totally agree here! I noticed that instantly. One of the first things I said when I saw that shot was "cool-that shot looks very 'PT'."

In fact, that shot was very encouraging to me (as someone who is concerned that they will ultimately ignore the prequels) that they are also capturing some of the aesthetic of the PT in their production and visual approach as well! (assuming it's not just a fluke one-off example). Say what you will about the dialogue or Jar Jar, but one can't deny-the PT had some breathtaking visual experiences! A shot like that one above helps me feel more confident about what we might see in TFA...

I predict that what we will ultimately see is a nice mix between PT and OT visual/effect styles, which IMO could here end up being a perfect marriage of reality and CG, which could bring about a whole new experience in visual effects!

Alienware, bstnsx704 and Chris_Fives like this.
  17. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Thanks to this scene (in majority) I have become Star Wars fan back in 2002. I was 15 y.o and my jaw literally dropped.. everything about this scene was perfect (almost... it was too short :p).

People complain so much about prequels, but thanks to them I have become SW fan!! So in my opinion George must have done somethign right!!!^:)^

Ridley Solo, DARTH_BELO and bstnsx704 like this.
  18. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    When I first saw this teaser I was so chuffed about Luke's dialogue, it didn't occur to me that it had just been lifted from ROTJ rather than featuring in the new film. So now I can't help but feel disappointed.

And yes, it's a non-human handing that sabre up, I'm guessing to Leia. I'm hoping it's a case that the new threat emerges and Leia has to arm herself.

It's nice to see Han with Chewie again, but Chewie shows no sign of ageing, and nothing like he did in ROTJ.

I'm currently unsure about this. Hearing Luke's dialogue just so makes me want Luke, Leia and Han to be the central characters, but I guess they're not meant to be. Gives me the sads.

19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Word has it the the full length trailer will debut on Monday 19th, along with the poster(s).
    Exciting! :D