main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Force for non-Jedi

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by JDN21, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    One of the reasons I think Rogue One is such a great Star Wars movie is because of Chirrut Imwe - here we see someone who is either mildly Force sensitive, or trusts in the Force to the extent where it supplements his abilities. It is an interesting departure from the Jedi and Sith stuff from the saga movies.

How do you see other Force users throughout the galaxy? Those not strong enough in the Force to become Jedi or Sith? Bearing in mind, I haven't read any EU stuff, so am unaware of any journeys in to this area.

I envisage local Witch Doctors and Magicians who have a basic grasp of the Force, maybe helping to cure people from their illnesses. I also see military pilots with some Force abilities being top guns because of their incredible reflexes etc. Others would be monks who are aware of the Force and use it purely for spiritual guidance.

Are those that achieve the rank of Jedi Master or Sith Lord simply the most naturally 'talented', or do they mix 'talent' with hard work, like the real world's top athletes?

I'd like to see other aspects of the Force explored in future movies - to show how it is perceived and used throughout the galaxy.

Gamiel, J7Luke, Sarge and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'd guess there would also be gypsy fortune tellers who may be more than con artists, and gamblers with uncanny abilities to guess when their opponents are bluffing.

Gamiel and J7Luke like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    There are several groups of people outside the Sith and Jedi who use the force.
    The night sisters
    Whatever Kylo is

These are both Canon.

I think the force will supplement your abilities even if you are not trained

4. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Seems to me throughout the entire saga, force manipulation is equivalent to luck in those who aren’t aware of the force and its power.

Sarge and Gamiel like this.
  5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Case in point, Han Solo. If you don't believe me, watch him save Lando from the sarlacc. Appreciate that precision shot. Then remember that he did that while he was upside down and blind. The odds against him making that shot under those conditions, without the assistance of the Force? Astronomical.

Also, who says "I have a bad feeling about this." (And is totally right), more than anyone else in the OT? Han Solo.

Darth_Furio and Gamiel like this.
  6. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Even more vso in the PT.

Rey b4 she knew about the force " that was Lucky "

7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Also Finn when he's busting out Poe. He has this obvious air of, "Don't mind us. Nothing to see here." He's walking through the docking bay with the prisoner, and nobody kriffing notices until they're taking off in the TIE fighter.

Luck, or the Force?

Also, Poe's piloting skill. I'm not saying he doesn't have mad skills anyway. He does. But watch him. His level of skill. His level of accuracy when he's shooting at stuff. That is legit a Shooting Womp Rats In Beggar's Canyon level of skill.

Just skill, or the Force?

Darth_Furio and Sarge like this.
  8. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Poe also grew up near a Force tree. That must have rubbed off on him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.