main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Force Unleashed: The Multimedia EU Event of '08 (and beyond!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jango_Fettish, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    Spoiler rules for this thread:

Between 7/21/08 & 9/19/08, all spoilers for TFU's novel and graphic novel must be contained within the designated official discussion thread. This thread may continue to discuss unreleased content, like the video game, until then, but unofficially released information about the plot and such must use Highlight-To-Read masking (officially released info does not require this).

Now, I know this is not a collecting or video game board, but hear me out. The tentatively titled "Force Unleashed" is said to be a multimedia production, consisting of more than just a video game, but a massive tie in for all SW license holders. Don't be surprised to see a novel/comics tying into it, like all the other big video game releases. And even if we don't, all of the new character's will be a part of the larger EU anyway.

So, without further a due, here are the chracters of the game in all of their plastic action figure glory:
    http://photos2.figures.com/gallery2/showgallery.php?cat=574

That Samurai Jedi is looking mean, as well as the new stormies.

EDIT: I didn't see before that Rouge_Follower had bumped up the other thread with these pics. Still, I think it deserves its own thread besides the Hyperspace one. If a mod disagrees, they can be merged.

2. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    The Jedi's armor kind of reminds me of the Zeison Sha and Jal Shey stuff you can wear in KOTOR II.

3. Jango_Fettish

Aug 17, 2002
    Juno Eclipse - a female Imp officer. Who wants to update the Wookie now that we know Palp's Eclipse SD was named after her [face_thinking].

EDIT: Yeah, and it looks like there will be multiple guards wearing Jax deco armor.

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    The front row has smaller figures from the "Force Unleashed" game. Some of them aren't listed with the 3.75"ers [face_thinking]

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/normal_DSCN0587.jpg]

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/normal_DSCN0588.jpg]

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/normal_DSCN0589.jpg]

The guy between Vader and the "Samurai Jedi" looks more like the playable character seen in the leaked E3 video. I'm guessing he's supposed to be Darth Vader's apprentice, but I suppose it could be Maris Brood [face_thinking]

5. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Ooh, look, black Imperial Guardsmen with lightsabers. Will they be force sensitive as well? With Mandalorian training and cortosis armor?

6. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Say what? Where does it say that?

7. Jango_Fettish

Aug 17, 2002
    The connection I made is pure speculation. But on the Rebelscum forums her name is listed as Juno Ecplipse on Hasbro's product list.

8. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Mandos training the hut'uunla Imperialese? Heresy!:p

Cortosis armour, on the other hand, only makes all to much sense...[face_thinking]

9. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Slaves do whatever the Emperor pleases. :)

Couldn't she be Maris Brood instead? Like, how do we know Keira up there isn't Juno Eclipse instead?

10. browwiw

browwiw Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2007
    Many Bothons died for these .jpgs.

At least, I hope they did. Especially if this turns out of be another SotE.

11. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Oh, not a chance. It's just going to be another SotE with Clone Wars-level Force-powers.[face_plain]

But who cares?? There's a cute blonde female Imperial Officer!:D:p

12. Jango_Fettish

Aug 17, 2002
    Good point. I'm not sure, but everyone on RS seems to believe Juno is the Imperial Hottie.

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Oooo... Tarkin -- with a GUN?!?

Um... anyway... yeah, so how come Samari Jedi looks kinda like Don-Wan Kihotay? Because I wouldn't mind seeing Don-Wan Kihotay: The Video Game on store shelves.

14. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Tarkin (or another Imp officer) also has a mouse droid. MSE > Gun :p

Anyone else think that Juno, or whatever the Imperial lady's name is, looks kinda like Dr. Schneider (Alison Doody) from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? [face_thinking]

15. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    You go right on thinking that, Trip...;)

PotF2 is back!:p

Seconded.:cool:

16. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Hopefully she'll be more competent than the redheaded female Imperial Officer.

17. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    That Battle Damaged Vader looks amazing... Hopefully the game recreates that Idea Iain McCraig or was that Aaron Mcbride's idea of "Vader going into a Battle Frenzy while invading a planet" which he did for one of the Insider covers

18. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Yeah a big event for a game launch.

...Why don't they spend time making a lightsaber Wii game?

19. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I am very interested in this. Cool/hot female officer? Battle damaged Vader? Black Guards with 'sabers? Tarkin ... with a gun? (Yes, I know he isn't from the game :p )

It looks like LucasArts will definately be spinning out some very interesting ideas for this one. If the Wookiee is right, and you actually play as Vader's apprentice and do his bidding, this will be so great. If the game is even half as cool as the Pre-Vis trailer looked, and MMS and Euphoria are as good as they sound, this should be a really great game.

20. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Odd, I still can't find that particular image...[face_thinking]

21. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    He's on the top row. Even more odd is that he seems to be running... :p

22. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Ah, okay, I was looking through the action figures.8-}

23. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    You know what? Screw Force Unleashed. I want a game that has Tarkin running with a gun! Play as Tarkin and kill everyone in the rebel base!

24. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    And so a Star Wars-related internet meme was born...:p

25. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    I am oh so tempted to start a "Tarkin is so tough" thread, but I don't want to start that whole thing up again :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.