main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Foreigners [The Jag/Kyrn Discussion Group]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Elena, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Might want to edit the markup codes, Inara!

That said, it's an excellent beginning, and ya'll should check it out.

KT

2. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Who is Kyrn? Is she in the books cause I don't remember reading about her.

3. Cleg4359

Cleg4359 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2006
    Kyrn is a female Chiss pilot that came along with Jag on his scouting trip to the Known Regions in Dark Journey. Her and Jag seem to have a close friendship. Was a really minor character in the NJO, and I don't remember any mention of her in the Dark Nest books(I could of missed it).

4. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Also otherwise known as Shawnkyr Nuruodo :)

Her core name, because she's Chiss, is most likely Kyrn

5. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Or, in Chiss fashion, just to be more confusing, her full name would be "Shawn'kyr'nuruodo." Just like Thrawn's name is "Mitt'raw'nuruodo" and his core name is "Thrawn." So "Kyrn," though Jag calls her Shawnkyr.

6. summerdaisy

summerdaisy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2005
    I just wanted to pop in and say that I love Jag and Shawnkyr as a couple. Somehow, I was convinced, and now that I see them in that light, I can't see them with anyone else.

They make good friends, but I think they make a better couple@};-

Also, is there any chance of a new challenge sometime soon?

7. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    Heh? daisy, I feel the opposite way. Still, we can agree to disagree, right? :D

Well, if Elena wants to give us one, we can wait? or someone else can come up with one.

KT

8. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    NEW CHALLENGE!!!

Elena and I heard your pleas...

Here is this month's challenge topic for March (Topic courtesy of Trepidation):

"Jag is disturbed by Shawnkyr's odd behavior and confronts her about it."

Start Time: 1 March 2006
    End Time: 4 PM board time on 25 March 2006
    Prize: Delicate Verpine circuit art. You know you want it. [face_mischief]

Remember, this can be any kind of story, as long as it features Jag, Kyrn, and the topic. There are no lists of words to include, can be any length, and it can be romance, friendship, AU, or whatever. So let's get started!

9. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    I'M SO EXCITED!!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

10. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    Competing against Sakura is probably setting myself up for failure, but I think I could get excited about this challenge too. I'll see what I can come up with.

11. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    The more the merrier!! We want as many people as possible to participate because there aren't enough Jag and Kyrn fics on the boards :_|

12. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    [face_blush] Don't say that, emeraldshadow! We need more Jag/Kyrn fics, and you have just as much of a chance as me :D!

13. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I'd give it a shot.... if I know a thing about the Chiss... which is my problem. How can I write a character from a different background if I don't understand that background or what makes her tick?

Makes me think I'll stick to reading them - my Shawnie would end up more like TK... only I can't even consider making her emotional!

14. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Oh, definitely try! You're an amazing writer, and I think you'd do Kyrn justice.

The nice thing with Kyrn is that she's so open to interpretation, and further more, she's not a typical Chiss, so you would have more flexibility to her characterization than say, if you were writing Irolia.

Also, that's why we're all here - we'd love to help with characterization!! So please do think about it, Jade_Max. [face_praying]

15. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002

Shucks, you know how to get a girl flattered *blush*

Second problem - Jagged... don't like him, never written him seriously... how do you write a character you think is two dimentional and is well established in cannon?

I'll give it a shot, if someone would deign to beta for me and offer a serious major-critical analysis of characterization before I even considered posting. I hate being too OOC...

16. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Alright, I've sent mine off to be betaed... I think it needs serious work, but I -did- try ;)

17. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Why did I get a dirty idea for this challenge? :p Well, not dirty, but kind of toilet humor, I guess. [face_laugh] In any case, I'm going to give this a try! Just need an idea...

18. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    lol, welcome JadeSolo, I'm looking forward to your entry! ;)

19. Cleg4359

Cleg4359 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2006
    It's nice to see more people write about Jag and Shawnkyr. While I may not think they would work as a couple, I do like their friendship a great deal. It's nice to know Jag has atleast one friend out there.

20. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I'm so happy to see people participating! I think I might faint from all the Jag and Kyrn fics that will hopefully result!

As for the topic....it can go anywhere.[face_devil] I have way too many plot bunnies that were inspired by Trep's topic, and it's been really hard for me to resist writing them out.

And again, Jag and Kyrn do not need to be a couple...but they can.[face_batting] It's up to however people perceive their relationship.

21. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
  22. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    *slinks in* Ok *gulps nervously* Inara was kind enough to Beta for me, so I have to be brave enough to post it.

Here's my challenge entry - be gentle, I've never written this pairing before!

All's Fair

23. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    *is gentle*

I liked it, JM! Very good work. :)

KT

24. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Wonderful, two entries!!!

Now...where are the rest? [face_batting]

25. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Thanks Killik_Twilight, I think I need to find more pairings I don't write so often to challenge myself.

I agree with Inara - where are the rest of the entries? I love reading about these two!

Edit: Mine's completed :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.