main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fountain

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Darth_Berserker, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    I just saw a trailer for this movie and all i can say is that it looks like its gonna be big, sort of resembles a story simmilar to highlander. it is set over 1000 years and im guessing has something to do about a special fountain that keeps you alive..

2. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    yeah it looks interesting. Two great leading actors (Jackman and Weisz) and with a man like Aronofsky in the directors chair you never know what you're gonna get.

3. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    I'm also looking forward to it, based primarily on the writer/director, Darren Aronofsky. He made what I think is, like, one of the absolute most horrifying movies of all time, 'Requiem for a Dream.'

It's funny about 'The Fountain'....he's been talking about it for YEARS. I remember reading that Brad Pitt was going to star in it back in, like 2001 or 2002. Then I heard that the budget was being halved (this was still a few years ago), and now, finally, it's coming.

So it's been gestating for a long, long time, which should make it really great.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I can't wait for this film to come out.

5. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    This is my most anticipated movie as far as the rest of this year is concerned. I liked Pi and I really liked Requiem For A Dream, so I'm sure Darren Aronofsky won't disappoint.

6. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    Yaeh this year is gonna be great:

Miami Vice
    Superman Returns
    The Fountain
    Children of Men
    The Prestige
    The Illusionist
    The Proposition

7. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I was one of the very fortunate people who got to see it yesterday during the Toronto Film Festival. Pretty cool film, I thought the visuals and music were amazing. I didn't quite understand what happened at the end and I'd say a minor flaw in general was how the plot was presented. I mean, I had a general idea of what it was about going into it....but I don't know maybe a little more explanation would have been nice (or maybe it's just me which is probably it :p). Still though, don't miss it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.