main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Saga - PT Before the Saga The Fourth Path | Mod!Challenge | Rinani, Jinn, Windu and Zallie fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kit' , Nov 12, 2022.

Tags:
  1. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    It's just a chilling image from ROTS ... brrr. I'm pleased to know Zallie has that last, desperate resource.

Kit' and Findswoman like this.
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Caught up with this at last—and really enjoyed! True to the “alternate timeline” trope prompt, what a totally different path you’ve shown us here for your Family of Scoundrels, and especially for Kit’ and young Zallie. Even with all the differences and changes, the characters are still so recognizably themselves, the same ones we know and love from your other Family of Scoundrels stories, right down to Zallie’s beastwarden abilities and Taeyn/Del’s wry sense of humor. And if that weren’t enough, your characterization of the established Jedi like Mace, Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan was all spot-on, too! I loved so many parts: Kit’s conversation with Qui-Gon, Zallie’s with Taeyn (he’s recognizably himself, too), the very powerful parallelism of Kit’s departure at the beginning and Zallie’s escape from the destroyed Temple at the end—and, of course, the details of the Weave and its colors all the way through—of course Kit’ is pure gold. Wonderful job and a wonderful contribution to the challenge—so glad to have you on board! =D=

Kit' likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    As much as I love your Family of Scoundrels 'verse, this was certainly a fascinating what could have been, and a fantastic utilization of your prompts! :D =D=

This introduction is just five stars outta five! =D= (Especially as I'm the most familiar with the third path, myself. [face_thinking])

Oh. =(( This was such a visceral moment between the physical tangibility of her child's presence and the choices she's facing for that child's future.

Beautiful imagery!

This really puts Qui-Gon's typical defiance of the Council into new perspective. I kinda want to read a Fifth Path now, where he leaves the Order with Kit and Zallie. [face_thinking]

I love how you used a prompt like opalescent in such an atypical manner!

More excellent details!

Oh! Such a bittersweet moment! =((

=(( =(( =((

These circumstances are absolutely terrible - seriously, this is some top shelf angst - but I still smiled such a smile for Zallie! And Qui-Gon's awe over being a dad was beautifully portrayed, even if it's a bit warped through the lens of a Jedi's view of attachment. (It's interesting, too, how this series has grown over the years, taking these characters and working in the new information canon provided as the prequels were released - that's an impressive boards legacy right there!)

=(( =(( =((

This is so quintessentially Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, I love it. [face_love]

Ha! Excellent use of your quote. :p

Oh! That's just like how Zallie sees the Force! [face_love]

There are so many things about these circumstances that I just hate for all of these characters, but I loved this lovely moment of bonding between parent and child! [face_love]

ZALLIE AND HER BEASTWARDEN TALENTS WILL NEVER NOT MEAN EVERYTHING TO ME!!!

Mace with a Padawan always never fails to be the best. :p

Isn't this an interesting development? [face_thinking]

A MOST interesting development!

Heartbreakingly beautiful descriptions, yet again. =D=

Still so beautiful! [face_love] =((

This really rang true for how stretched thin the Jedi of the PT era were. Kit was right in her critiques and observations of the Order, but this too is true and it's really just an awful situation all around for everyone involved.

But of course. :p [face_love]

Phew, but isn't this a tangled web? [face_plain]

Tangled. Web.

I always love seeing Xanatos pop into FF! And this was a great observation about both Xanatos and Dooku. [face_thinking]

More A+ details about how various Jedi perceive the Force!

=(( =(( =((

Excellent use of the word aubergine. [face_mischief]

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]!!!

DEL!!!

My, but this certainly is another time and place for these characters!

This was a spot-on bit of insight, in typical Del fashion.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

And what a week that was, I bet! :D

I was not expecting this to take the direction it took, and it hurt!

This mirrored the opening from Kit's POV in an awful way. =((

=(( :_| =(( :_|

This is definitely a Fourth Path - an awful ending and a hopeful beginning all its own, and fascinating for being so!

Thank you so much for participating in this challenge and sharing more of these characters with us! =D= [:D]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    Findswoman likes this.
  4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    She definitely will be. Spoiler Alert
    The rest of the family safely rescues Zallie and Tob'i and they skirt the outer rim until the Empire collapses

Thank you. It's quite nice having mapped the three generations of Jedi and how they all interact and relate to each other.

Thanks. [face_blush][face_love]

Thank you. I sometimes think the philosophy and ethics of the whole Star Wars universe are quite fascinating.

Quite a few of my fics have been about that particular horrific event. I figured ending the whole thing with the fall of the Temple and mirroring the first post while showing what happens to Zallie was a good way of showing how history changes even while it stays the ssame.

Yay! That means a lot to me [face_blush][face_love]

Thank you. It was fun working out how many permutations there had already been and then trying to work out what else could happen.

Ahh, but did you spot Nicco, Estra, and F'kisi?

Aww, thank you. I'm slowly warming up to the idea that I might be able to actually write canon characters and get them correct!

Thanks :) I'm glad people picked that up. It was also nice showing what happened when someone actually picked up, because the option of what would have happened if they hadn't is terrifying.

Glad to be onboard! Thank you for an awesome challenge!

Thanks :) I mean the first path is 2001, the second is 2002 and then 2008 and then this path in 2019-now. It's been a long time.

Ooo! Next time there is an alternate timeline I'll keep it in mind!

Thanks :) It was actually mitigate that was the hardest work to fit in naturally. Nice to use opalescent though that wasn't in regards to either a jewel or glass.

Thanks :) I would love to say it's on purpose, but I think it's far more organic than that....or accidental. Actually, definitely accidental.

Yep :) Now I just have to write my "How Jedi See the Force is Indicative of their Personality" pseudoscience booklet from one of my OCs.

[face_blush][face_blush][face_blush][face_blush][face_blush][face_blush][face_blush][face_blush][face_blush][face_blush][face_blush]

I've actually grown to really love writing Mace when he's got a padawan - a lot more mellow than what we see in the movies.

Thank you.

Yeah, it's something I think that kind of gets forgotten about. Everyone forgets that there are only 10 000 Jedi and literal galaxy to look after!

:cool:

:D How could I forget Del? I challenged Finds too, but there are also sneak easteregg references for Nicco, Estra, and F'kisi in there...

:D

I would say sorry, but it was kind of the point to make you feel all warm and fuzzy and then *slam* smash you with the feels again~!

It was nice showing how history repeats and how little things can make big changes.

Definitely a better outcome for Zallie then it looks at the moment...

Thank you for making such an amazing challenge!

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Ah, hmm, well, Taeyn does mention having a teenage daughter and having experience reading her feelings—that’s Estra, of course. There’s the young red-haired tiger trainer; is that F’kisi? (As I seem to remember that both Nicco and Estra have dark hair.) As to Nicco, I admit I did not spot him, at least not yet; I don’t know if perhaps he’s a color in the Weave somewhere? Hints gratefully accepted! :D

Mira_Jade likes this.
  6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    You're pretty close. The teenage daughter is Estra who is also one of the musicians along with F'kisi (such a random and throw away detail from like one snippet ages ago that I would have been majorly impressed if you had got it) and the red-headed tiger training is Nicco (who has dark red hair like his mother). Essie has dark brown hair like Taeyn/Del.

Findswoman likes this.