main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Friday the 13th Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Drac39, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    B-D is now reporting that it's going to be a remake.

Man, whoever came up with the concept of remakes deserves a meeting with Jason Voorhees.

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Makes sense.It's going to be a hit too. NL is going to market it to the brainless teens who have not seen the others.

Ohh Friday the 13th! Jason will be in it! It'll be scary!

I don`t care if they made FvsJ,NL is starting to be more and more like Paramont!

NL knows Jason has a following and they will milk the dollars made by him,thty claim to care for the fans yet now it is clear that their cash flow and how Jason can help it is their main concern

3. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    If they're going for a remake, it should be a combination part 1 and part 2. Jason Voorhees has become bigger than the Friday the 13th name, and overall a remake with just Pamela wouldn't sit well with the audience.

4. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    All theses remakes proves the horror genre needs a savior of a film to bring it out of this period of uncreative movies which kill more brain cells than any Jason film ever could.

I doubt it'll even be a remake. NL will think America will be to stupid to check and will release a Hockey Masked Jason killing teens,and call it a remake, so they won't have to deal with continuity

I can see it now
    Friday the 13th Relive the Horror:mad:

5. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Yeah, a remake is a bad idea. I'd rather see a sequel, prequel anything but a remake. I wonder how far they will stray from the original. I think you're right, they'll probably use Jason instead of Pamela.

6. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Check this out gentlemen

B-D then posted this:

Last night it was finally reported that Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes will be producing the next installment of the Friday the 13th franchise. The only plot tease was that it will reveal some origin of Jason Voorhees- we've got more on that from a scooper we know and trust with our lives whom wishes to remain anonymous. Inside you'll find the official press release if you missed it, along with some exclusive goods on what could happen regarding the film...

Although this picture is rumored to be a remake, we've been told it may be more of a "re-envisionment" of the series. From our anonymous scooper, we've were informed that Michael Bay and Platinum Dunes apparently WANTED to remake it but would said "let's do something different" instead. New Line was super cool with it. So the next 'Friday' more of an ULTIMATE FRIDAY THE 13th... if you know anything about the Marvel comics ULTIMATE series.

Basically, the plan (which can still change) is takes place after part 1 and shows Jason killing and becoming the monster we know and love. Getting the potato sack mask and the hockey mask, etc...

I hope B-D posted something true for once...

7. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Wow, let's hope that's true. The one thing I don't get is that we already know how he got the hockey mask? Why would they show that?? Seeing him in his younger days, pre-sack mask will be cool though.

8. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    [face_thinking] Now this could be interesting. And opening on Friday the 13th, three weeks before Halloween. They couldn't ask for a more perfect time to open it. It's probably what greenlit the whole thing. If it's good, it could make a ton of money. Here's hoping.

I didn't particularly care for the 2003 remake of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" that Bay's Platinum Dunes produced, though. I found it passable entertainment seeing it in the theater, but instantly forgettable.

9. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    I liked the Michael Bay remakes of Amityville Horror,and TCM but I don`t know...

10. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Up

Jason is aganist Lord Zedd from Power Rangers in the Census Villian tournament

Here

11. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    'reinvisionment'. I hope this movie is not as stupid as that sounds. :p

12. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Most of these reinvisionments are stupid. All though this Hills Have Eyes one looks promising

13. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
  14. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    I'm very much against the Michael Bay remake. He should have done a proper sequel instead! [face_shame_on_you]

15. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    JASON VS ASH

Well, it's as close as we're gonna get. Great editing.

16. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    That was great - the indestructible hero vs. the indestuctible villian.

17. Obi-Wan2001

Sep 6, 2001
    This aint happening on time, is it? The new film that's supposed to open on Friday the 13th, three weeks before Halloween? What a bummer, and major bummer for New Line, they could have made a killing at the box office if they opened up at that time.

18. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    As far as I've heard the plan is to have the remake be released next year.

19. severian28

Apr 1, 2004
    Im still depressed about the Tarantino thing being debunked. That really wouldve been interesting.

20. severian28

Apr 1, 2004
    Im still depressed about the Tarantino thing being debunked. That really wouldve been interesting.

21. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Tarantino never intended to do it. It would have been hella awesome but come on it was too good to be true

22. Obi-Wan2001

Sep 6, 2001
    Here's an amusing YouTube appearance by Jason on Arsenio that I'd never seen before. It's Kane Hodder's Jason promoting "Jason Takes Manhattan".

23. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Unlocked and Upped by request.

24. Obi-Wan2001

Sep 6, 2001
    Thanks, Zaz. I'm hoping we can get some discussion going again since we have a new "Friday the 13th" film coming out on Friday, February 13th. Also, on Tuesday, February 3rd, an uncut version of the original "Friday" comes to DVD for the first time, as well as "Friday the 13th Part 3-D" in 3-D for the first time. There's also a documentary being released called "His Name was Jason."

A lot of stuff to renew interest, I know I burned out on the films for quite some time now. But I'm ready again to revisit them before the new film opens. How about this new film? You guys seen the trailers? Can Jason actually be scary again. I really hope they pull this off.

25. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    How long has it been since the last movie?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.